Create Account

S76 PT #3: Hostile Takeover Due: Sunday, April 28th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 2
If I had to role swap into another position, or even flex into another roll, it'd probably be a right winger. It sounds strange since von Stoodrick is a left-handed D but it puts his stick towards the middle of the ice and gives him the best opportunities at shots from the slot. He plays an offensive style to begin with, so he may as well be a winger at this point. Furthermore Ondrej doesn't have the skills necessary to become a center, one of the most important being able to take a faceoff. He's never had to concern himself with facoffs as a defenceman so it makes more sense to swap to a role that wouldn't have to worry about it. Another issue with center is being able to have a net-front presence, which he's familiar with on the defensive side, but its a whole different skillset to set up goals from that part of the ice. All in all left wing makes the most sense.

Adam Liebold would choose to change position to right defense. He is already a defensively focused player so this would be an easy transition. Adam Liebold would much rather play forward and continue his power forward role there but would understand  the need for the team if a swith to defense was needed for him. Adam Liebold is a team focused person so he always puts the teams needs before his own. If he moved to defense he would still like to keep his  roles on the penalty kill and power play. He likes to shut down the oppenents on the powerplay along with the scoring effort on his own teams power play. Overall he is a well rounded player and would  be an asset on forward or defense because he is such a true two way forward. He does not want to play goalie. He has no interst in being in net for any team. He tried it once in practice, it was nice when he was getting shots but after that it was really boring for him.

Foil Up Boys

Code:
Written Option 2: What position other than your current position would your player choose to play if given an opportunity to change their position, and why? What about their playstyle lends itself to that position, or what about your personal hockey fandom would be better fulfilled by playing that position than the one you picked?

Oskar Scholz comes from a long line of hockey lineage dating back to season 25 in the SHL. His grandfather Nikolaus was a long time center for the Edmonton Blizzard and his father Karlstrasse was a long time defenseman for the Edmonton Blizzard. I think if you were to compare Oskar to the rest of his family he has more in common with the high shot volume and physical gameplay of his father on the blue line than his smooth skating, playmaking grandfather at the center dot. With that in mind I think that in another life Oskar could make a great SHL defenseman. His large stature and punishing playstyle would serve nicely as a defensive minded defenseman, and his penchant for shooting would blend nicely to give him a strong two way play on the blue line. On a more personal level the only position left that I haven't had a chance to experience yet is goaltender, so if I were to reroll Oskar it would likely be a goalie. I've heard less than ideal things, but you never know for sure until you try.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

graphic option 2

Pengu is currently a stay at home defender who wholeheartedly believes in protecting the goalie and being their best friend. It is where he feels safe and secure, but if the team needed him to he could potentially see himself playing as a defensive center. Pengu has already showed in the past that he's absolutely great from range. He has racked up assists and has shown an ability to shoot from the blue line. In fact he even left a legend, a tradition in his name in his juniors team, the Nevada Battleborn, due to that ability. He's a sniper and while he doesn't show it off as often in his old age, the ability is there. Playing back and defensive as a center would still allow him to do what he loves about staying at home with the goalie and also open him up up to showing off some of his other talents and to help the team in new ways.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

Option 2

What position am I?! I started as a left winger but have had to play center in both the J and the SHL. I think technically I'm back to being on the left wing but the index says I'm on the right wing, which currently makes sense but for most of this season meant that my line was C-RW-RW which is a really big overload and not a recommended hockey strategy.

So with that in mind, and knowing there's no damn way Marton Diehm is going to put on a bunch of giant pads and stand in front of the net to see if the puck can hit him (and you seriously think he's going to *catch* the puck out of midair with that big 'ol glove thing? get outta here!), by default the only other position he can play his defense.

His D-read is nearly as good as his O-read and y'all know he loves to throw the body. So Marton might be pretty worthless if he gets caught skating backwards as the 1 in a 2-on-1, but in some general 5v5 play, he can go scrap it up with the opposing forwards and play something resembling decent defense.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 02:59 PM by puolivalmiste. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option 2:

Almost exactly opposite of how I initially planned it I build another pretty physical player who is strong on their feet and ready to land some hits. While Jani Mänty certainly lacks in his defensive side I think he could do well enough as either offensive defenseman or maybe as some kind of agitator. At least he should be better as defenseman than he would be as goalie for which I have hard time figuring whats strenghts he could have for that position.

Only thing going for the switch to goalie would be the fact that I haven't had one yet but I do think that league in its current state isn't in great spot for goalies with inflated scoring we have seen in past few seasons, which is also why moving to defenseman really isn't as tempting either, because I already had pretty defensive defenseman so I know how it feels when you aren't scoring that many points, not that Mänty's rookie season has done anything to fix that

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Option 2

Luca has been a winger his whole career and he has been pretty decent at it too. Always the hard hitting, get to the dirty areas, kind of player. Someone who could get in front of the net and not be easily pushed away. With that said, Luca can easily slot into a shoot first role if needed. Not only that, Luca can hold it down at center if needed. In fact that is what is happening in New Orleans. Luca was asked to play second line center and create another scoring line that compliments the first line. Eager to show the new bosses what he has got, Luca jumped at the opportunity and has been solid in the dot. That just shows the versatility of Luca's game. You want him to be the most physical player on the ice? He will do it. Need him to score the goals? Got it. Need someone to feed another player, pfft easy.

[163]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Written Option 2

If GM's Son of the Montreal Patriotes were to play another position, he would probably play on the wing, since it is the most similar to playing as a center. Why would he play on the wing? Because wingers score goals and get their names in the headlines, even if they aren't as premier as a center is. GM's Son could completely abandon focusing on playing even the slightest amount of defense and instead post up in the neutral zone, wheel, snipe, and dangle around the other team as he scored goal after goal. In fact, should he ever play on the wing, odds are he would be the top goal scorer in the entire league, easily netting triple digits in goals, because he is just that purely skilled of a goal scorer. The only reason he doesn't currently is because he has to carry his lines by skating in the middle at center and playing some defense, as opposed to just scoring goals.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Pass Forfeit would probably play Right Defense if given the chance. For the longest time he has been placed on Left Defense positional duties and it has been a bore (or at least not the best from what i've heard). This change would not require much adjustment of schedule or training for him. Pass is already an adept defenseman and would be able to pick up defense quite quickly. You may say, Left defense is the same as Right Defense and you would be somewhat correct, however the key difference comes with the difference in names. Whether Pass is meant to play left or right is up to him and maybe his coach or gm. Luckily he has the opportunity to discuss this with the coach but nothing has happened. In fact there have been talks about Pass moving to a Forward position though these are rumored to be unsubstantiated and should mostly be ignored by inquirers. Pass is definitely sticking with his current role.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Written option number 2:
If I could play any other position aside from my own I would pick left defense. It’s very similar to my preferred position on the right side.
All jokes aside I think that if I had to choose a new one I would go center. I like the concept of running a power play, and that idea was what drew me to defence in the first place. I think centre can kind of accomplish the same idea, where you are running a line. You are the faceoff guy, you run up the middle, you are expected to be the first forward back to help out the d, and you make space for the wingers to shoot their shot. You are the king out there and that lines up a lot with my style of play. One scary aspect is having to take faceoffs. I absolutely hate when I get pulled into a draw already, but I think it that was an expected part of my role I could practice at faceoffs until I was great at the dot.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

My player would choose to play left defense. Why? Because he has all the physical and defensive traits to succeed on the back end. His grit and aggression would also translate over nicely. At 6 foot, MattyJ would be no Victor Hedman. However, the size would be something that I could work around. I would have speed that most defensemen don’t have and with that comes the ability to step up in the offensive zone. Being a right handed defensemen would allow him to fire shots from the point and look for tips inside. I would likely need to improve my shooting range and defensive skills, but I could succeed day one. He would like to be a bruiser type of defensemen. A fighter and someone who punishes small forwards like Brayden Point on the boards. If my general manager is down for it, they could switch me tomorrow. Just kidding, please do not do it.

[Image: mattyj.png]

My player would choose to play left defense. Why? Because he has all the physical and defensive traits to succeed on the back end. His grit and aggression would also translate over nicely. At 6 foot, MattyJ would be no Victor Hedman. However, the size would be something that I could work around. I would have speed that most defensemen don’t have and with that comes the ability to step up in the offensive zone. Being a right handed defensemen would allow him to fire shots from the point and look for tips inside. I would likely need to improve my shooting range and defensive skills, but I could succeed day one. He would like to be a bruiser type of defensemen. A fighter and someone who punishes small forwards like Brayden Point on the boards. If my general manager is down for it, they could switch me tomorrow. Just kidding, please do not do it.

[Image: mattyj.png]

If Mia Lavoie wasn't a winger she probably would have become a goalie. She may not be the biggest player out on the ice, but she's got quick reflexes and a sense of agility that would probably benefit her well in the role. It's probably a good thing she didn't go this route, as this season she's broken out in the SMJHL and proven herself to be pretty valuable as a goal scorer.. but who knows, maybe that just means as a goalie she would have managed to pull off a few fun Martin Brodeur type shots from her end to score. Or she might have just sucked because she's small. I don't know. Speaking personally, goalie has always been one of my favorite positions to watch and play, so creating one could have been really fun. Everything I've heard though says the position is kind of boring to play in this league as TPE doesn't seem to be super impactful.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

For the Quebec City Citadelles, we've got a natural born rival in NBB. Sharing an expansion time slot does that. Looking at the records of each team does not.

For Wingmate Roc, he feels a natural connection of rivalry with teams of bird mascots. He's a bird, they're a bird, QCC is a bird, it just FITS.

The Aviary (the Wingmate Roc fangroup official name) will take roost in the stands of the next game against NBB. We are going to caw and to chirp (not in the hockey sense but in the bird sense) all game long, and not only that, we're going to be eating so many seeds.

Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, other seeds that I definitely know. Of course we will clean up after ourselves, but it'd be so disconcerting to see so many seeds get eaten.

The Aviary flies together, as a pack but in the air, so a flock. We caw loudly when I score, and we are also live tweeting at people, which in this instance means actually tweeting like a bird.