Create Account

S76 PT #3: Hostile Takeover Due: Sunday, April 28th @ 11:59 PM PST

Written Option 2

If I could pick any position other than defense, I would pick to be a center. I love the idea of winning draws and setting up my team in either the offensive or defensive zone. I also believe that the center position in hockey is one of the most important positions in sports, and when you can find a good one it is certainly a luxury. If I was a center, I would still style my game around a defensive style. Most likely, I would aim to be a two-way center just as I am a defender. While winning face-offs and holding my own in the defensive end, I would want to also be a force on the offensive side and tally up a lot of assists to give my teammates the chance to score. I am not sure I would be much of a goal scorer as a center, but I would make sure my assist numbers were high.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Graphic Option 2:

[Image: z20ivmL.jpeg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Quote:Graphic Option 2: If your player is skater create an image of them playing as a goalie or if your player is a goalie create an image of them playing as skater. Either way the player render needs to be recognizable.

[Image: qVu9p0x.jpeg]

Xavier Beausoleil
Raptors
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

I think my first answer would have to be Nevada. They beat us up in the playoffs last season, and I'm all about making our discontent with our loss last season known - it'll just be a regular season game, of course, probably one with relatively few playoff implications. But my intention isn't necessarily to just fill the stands with Regina fans -- no, I think it would be similarly effective to just have nobody in the stands at all. After all, your intentions are very clear if the opposing team fills your stands: someone (or likely many someones) have decided that they want to infiltrate your game with opposing fans. On the other hand, you start asking more questions if the stands are just kinda... empty. Does that mean your fans don't care so much about your team for the night? If you lost the night before, does that mean people are already turning against you, even if your team has been performing well the majority of the season? Are the fans truly so fickle? Let a handful of Regina fans -- the normal amount you might expect for the away team to have -- be the only fans in the stadium.

That'd be super weird.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Well, this is an easy one for Sad Ketchup, he is a multi-position player, and played center during his Simulation Major Junior Hockey League career, but was drafted to be a winger. In the Simulation Hockey League Sad Ketchup is now a winger. So the other position Sad Ketchup can play is obviously center. Sad Ketchup has the offensive IQ and hockey IQ to be able to play both positions effectively, although he is probably better off as a winger. Being a center is being able to read the game which Sad Ketchup excels at but also play strong defensively, which Sad Ketchup displayed at the SMJHL level, but in the SHL he needs improvements there to be able to play center full-time in the league. It will be interesting to see if Sad Ketchup gets flipped back into a center or if he will stay as a winger during his SHL career. He is a utility offensive player who can play in all situations and can play both forward positions fairly well.

170 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

I am really looking playing forward, but I guess if I had to choose another position that I would play, it would be goaltender. Why? I really like goaltender and the impact that the position can have on a team especially in a playoff environment. The goalie could literally what makes and breaks a team, so it's that pressure that is really fun and what makes it so much more interesting in what I would play. I guess you could call it a little crazy, but I think it would be worth it. You could be another teams worst enemy or perhaps your own team and their fans. You could easily be the scapegoat as well. When it comes to what kind of goalie that I would be, I think I would be a Jeremy Swayman type of goalie. I am really strong in the ground and low with agility and fast reflexes. That is what I would really love to bring to any team.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

option 2

I think the other position I'd play would be center. I feel like centers are natural leaders and I just want to set up my teammates with some wicked goals and have fun. However, I'd need to work on my face off skills especially. But that will be easy, I'll figure that out tomorrow. If I feel like being center is just too much responsibility, I'd just switch back to right wing. I'd try out goalie sometime too but my GMs won't let me. Really, I'd try out any position, just like when I was a kid back in Wisconsin. I might not be the greatest at all of them but I'd try them. I don't care. I just love the game and will do whatever it takes to get my team a win. That's all that really matters: winning and having fun with your buds.

[Image: Leonard-Wood-1.jpg?ex=65e9fdaf&is=65d788...3d17ea60e&]

I think that Lily would want to switch to being a goalie if possible if she could switch positions to anything. Although she isn't very big or wide, she is fast and nimble and would be able to grab all the pucks that would come her way.

Due to her work as a KPOP idol, Lily has great body and spacial awareness around her. Her dance experience allows her to be flexible, so she can contort her body in order to make the unlikeliest of saves.

Personally I wanted Lily to become a goalie when she came into the league, as I have a real life friend who plays goalie, but the league absolutely didn't need goalies when I joined. Now with the two expansion teams, it might give more people the opportunity to create a goalie in this league. Maybe I will end up doing that with my next player, but I do think that Lily would be an amazing goalie!

162 words

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

Written Option 2: What position other than your current position would your player choose to play if given an opportunity to change their position, and why? What about their playstyle lends itself to that position, or what about your personal hockey fandom would be better fulfilled by playing that position than the one you picked?

If Frøya had to swap positions for whatever reason once again, she'd most likely end up playing as a defenseman. The fact of the matter is that she already has played at defense once before for Norway in the International Ice Hockey Federation tournament two seasons ago. The Solberg sisters were asked by Norwegian general manager Mer to fill in for the 3rd pair dmen as Norway was unfortunately lacking in the area. Given that the sisters had the two seasons prior the tournament essentially played as the Québec City Citadelles' shutdown line, or as close to a shut down line as possible for a team filled with a bunch of crazy offensive minded focused forwards could be, they did both have some experience playing defensive hockey. Frøya did pretty well as a two way defenseman that tournament, scoring 2 goals in the bronze medal game, and helping Norway secure that medal. While she does remain focused on offense currently, one of Frøya's biggest advantages is her adaptability. She is willing to fit any role and playstyle if given enough time to train to adapt to it. It's a decently big reason why QCC can employ many different strategies as she can help her teammates adapt quicker to new systems to keep the Citadelles from dropping below the Laurifer calibre they're supposed to be at.

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

[Image: lou.jpg?ex=662f1421&is=662dc2a1&hm=fad9b...height=676]

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Graphic Option 2

[Image: ZwP1sod.png]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

Written Option 2: 

First things first. What position does Matviy Cajabi play now? He's a right wing. So what position would he play in the SHL multiverse? Well, at 6'1 he's probably undersized to be a goalie in this day and age. 
However, it's feasible that Cajabi could slide onto defense and not look out of place. He has top end speed which would fare well for him to activate into the offensive zone and still be able to get back into position. As well, with Cajabi's skillset as a two-way forward, he already possesses the defensive acumen that would make a transition to defense all to natural. 
With all of these things being pointed out, maybe Cajabi missed his calling as defenseman. With his combination of size, speed, and skill, he has all the makings of a modern day d-man and powerplay QB. 

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]

i actually quite enjoy stepping in to play some Defense from time to time. I very rarely get the chance to do so in a game, usually when taking over one of the D-spots on the Powerplay, but in practice sessions I sometimes end up there as well when our roster is thinned out, guys are missing of the coaches want to try something new. What I like about it is having so much of the game in front of you, just have such a better grasp of things as a whole when playing as a forward, where you are usually either forechecking, fighting off opponents or looking for very specific passing lanes. It's nice to play further back from time to time and distribute the puck while being able to watch the flow of the game, and then chip in with a well-timed check, challenge or by catching the opposing team off guard by suddenly joining the rush as well.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: hopoate.png]