Create Account

S76 PT #3: Hostile Takeover Due: Sunday, April 28th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 2

[Image: TD4AW36.png]

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

If rip thunderdome were to play another position other than defense, I think he would make a pretty decent winger on any team. While defense is a part of rip thunderdome’s game, the defender has always been more focused on the offensive side of the game anyways. Rip thunderdome’s best attributes right now are getting open and puck handling, with passing and offensive read (and stamina) being the next highest. This collection of traits would make rip thunderdome a pretty decent distributor on the wing. In fact, in IIHF play for France, rip thunderdome has been deployed as a forward on the 4th line. In those games, he has put up a great scoring rate despite extremely limited ice time being on line 4 and on the pk. I think this transition would be pretty seamless, he might just have to work on his skating abilities a bit as rip td would be on the slower side for a winger

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Journey Man actually started his hockey career playing center, as he was faster than all the other kids on his team and had a good hockey IQ from the get-go. Coaches would utilize his ability to get down the ice and back quickly to use him as a two-way forward, putting up points and back checking to help in the defensive end. As time went on and Man's competition started to increase, it started to become clearer that Journey's face-off skills didn't matchup with the rest of his skill set, and he came to a crossroads. Would he stick with the center position, trying to improve on his weaknesses, or convert to a two-way defender, focusing on his strengths? Man decided to go the defensive route, not wanting to try to catch those already ahead of him in his weakness, but rather to keep focusing on his strengths and the abilities that got him to a high level of play. It has worked out well for Man, as he currently sits in 6th place in points among defensemen in the J this season.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

The one position Demir Bellona would play if he wasn't a defenseman would be a right winger. I had thought about it a long time before recreating and I wasn't sure if I really wanted to make a defenseman this time around after originally creating a center and ultimately I think I made the correct decision for myself. Building Bellona into an offensive defenseman also helps the part of me that wants to contribute offensively so it's nice to rack up points on the blue line. I think Bellona has shown in previous seasons that he can definitely be a huge part offensively to a team that caters to his strengths and I hope to showcase that in the SHL when he makes the jump. He's a quick defenseman with good edges that can carry the puck through the neutral zone easily and I think if he were a forward he wouldn't look out of place.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Option 2

If Pork Tenderloin were to play another position aside from defense it would probably be center. He certainly has the strength and skill to be able to win faceoffs and his defensive prowess would be on full display as a center as well. He's not necessarily the type of player that will get you a ton of points but he will be great at getting the pick to the people who have the ability to score and creating space for them to do so. His presence on the ice is immaculate, which is well known throughout the league. He can strip the puck from some of the best offensive players in the league. He probably wont do the most damage on offense but if he was a center I could certainly see him being in the conversation for the best defensive forward in the league year after year with how talented he is in his own end.

Code:
157 words

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

If Billy Herrington, our go-to forward, decided to switch things up, he might surprisingly want to become a goalie. While forwards usually live for the thrill of scoring goals, Billy's got his eye on the goalie gig because, let's face it, goalies have all the fun, right? Sure, it's a change of pace from his usual role, but Billy's agility, quick reflexes, and knack for reading plays would make him a natural between the pipes. Plus, being a goalie would give him a whole new perspective on the game. Instead of just focusing on offense, he'd get to dive headfirst into the defensive side of things and see the game from a whole new angle. And hey, who wouldn't want the chance to be the hero making game-changing saves? It's a different kind of thrill, but one Billy's totally up for. So yeah, goalie might seem like a curveball, but for Billy, it's just another opportunity to show off his skills and shake things up on the ice.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Code:
What position other than your current position would your player choose to play if given an opportunity to change their position, and why? What about their playstyle lends itself to that position, or what about your personal hockey fandom would be better fulfilled by playing that position than the one you picked?

Jack Booth, the tough guy guarding the St. Louis Scarecrows' goal, is facing a wild idea: what if he switched from defense to left wing? Not because he actually wants to, but just to tease Alexa Johansen in the SHL. It's like challenging your best friend to a race just to see who's faster.

Sure, Booth's got skills on the blue line that make the crowd roar. But the thought of shaking things up and surprising everyone with some slick moves on offense is just too tempting. Plus, it would be hilarious to see Alexa's reaction when she hears about it.

But deep down, Booth knows he's a defender through and through. The Scarecrows need him to be the rock at the back, not a goal-scoring machine up front. So, while the idea of switching positions is fun to entertain, Booth will stick to what he does best; keeping the net safe and making Alexa always wonder what's next.

WC:159

Prompt #2

Toasty has never been one to focus on the offensive game and really enjoys being one of the go-to guys defensively to keep his team in the game. With that in mind it seems obvious that Toasty would throw on some goalie pads and get between the posts for his team. Already leading the Pride in blocked shots through the season it doesn't seem like it would be that much of a stretch to assume that he could be a passable goalie for the Pride as well. Sure, his movement and reaction time might need some improvement but the fearlessness shown through his play makes me assume that he would at least give goalkeeping a solid effort. Maybe not quite during the crucial games of the season to secure a nice spot in the playoffs or if the season was on the line but he would definitely be fine enough to stop some pre-season shots on net or be an emergency backup for the team in the tough situation that the Pride would need one.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Option2

Dusty Rhodes would probably be a defender if he were to switch positions. Dusty is a big body who is very adept at moving other bodies around. As a defender he'd be able to help keep the opposing players from parking in front of the net and screening our goalie. He also loves to hit and knocking players off the puck with a huge hit would also be easier as a defender since he could see it coming and prepare the proper angle for the most devastating hit. Catching guys with their heads down is always fun and opposing players certainly wouldn't want to get caught doing that against big Dusty. Dusty is also fairly skilled in the offensive end so he'd also be able to provide some scoring from the back end as a bonus. So it almost seems a natural fit for big Dusty to play on the back end as well as forward as a couple of the guys in the NHL do, play a couple different positions when called upon.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Option 2:
Well Mac Turner of the North Stars is currently playing his natural position of left winger. I think it would be cheating if I said Right Winger bc basically they are the same thing just different sides of the ice. I guess center would be Mc's next/secondary spot. Mac has already played center before and its fun. Mac kinda likes the faceoff scrums. Also as a center you somehow find yourself on the score card more then normal even though Macs more defensive minded. As a center, I think Mac could win a decent amount of faceoffs. Oh, I forgot to mention Mac sometimes plays center on the PK too. Facoffs are maybe one of the most critical parts of the game. Also as a center Mac could get his butt real up close to the goalie. They just love that, especially if you just had a lotta milk pregame (Key to screening=Farting in Goalies face just ask troy)

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

This season in Nevada I am currently set up on Defense, where I played last season as well. So far it has been going well, and I don't mind playing the position at all. I am looking forward to the next season or two to see if I remain on Defense in juniors or if I eventually make a move back to forward, either at center or wing. Luckily I have played both throughout my playing days and can move back and forth depending on what my team needs. This season on D I'm fighting for the top in goals among defensemen which is nice and hoping to battle myself into the points race this season. I'm also hoping that playing on the back end this season will help me grow even more in my all-around game and that if I do move back to forward I'm able to be even more dominant. We will see what is in the cards but either way, whatever our general manager needs, I'm good to go.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

Written Option 2:

The way I want Slip McScruff to be a defense focused player, I think it would make sense for him to play center if not defense. Following his same career trajectory, he could have certainly peaked as a top line center playing both PP and PK. Then, on the long tail, he could be a reliable fourth line shut down wing without any frills of trying to score. At this point, he might be able to crack the second PK unit depending on the team.

However, Slip McScruff himself would probably choose to play on the left wing. He's not smart enough to play center, but he could certainly forecheck and dish to the scorers on his line. Maybe he could peak at second PP and top PK, but I don't think he cracks the second PK on any team now. Funny enough, I think he would get in more fights as a winger than he did in his entire career as a defenseman. He probably would have more opportunity to leave the net area to crash like a truck.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

It would be an easy position for me and that would be to move on to play Defence. As a two way centre right now, Bruno Tooyo would find it very easy to go play on the back end. Maybe improving his backwards skating would be a priority but with the mindset of playing defence first and also having eyes up the ice, it would be a perfect transition. He would have to change his game a little bit and also understand that he will not be in the top of the goal scoring leaders come down the stretch of the season, but Bruno would be in a great position to help his team win.
As a forward, you understand where to be in your own zone to help the defenseman. To switch to Defence, it would make Bruno know where his players have to be, and will make for a great puck-moving defenceman in my honest opinion.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Written option #1

As there are no remaining Bird Games, I'm going to have to go ahead and say that we're going to take over the game in San Diego. Why? Because it's the furthest away option, and it's objectively more hilarious to take over a building at a greater distance from your home arena and city than one that's nearby. Naturally, it's going to take a fair bit more effort as a result of the greater distance, but it'll be worth it to demoralize our opponents. It's nothing against San Diego personally, it's just that the rivalries aren't an option at this point of the season, so the fanbase has to target their efforts towards secondary options. The Citadelles could certainly use the boost in support at away games, especially ones on the south side of the border, where the fanbase is notably lacking in size and participation. Such is the nature of being a Canadian team playing games in sunny California. [160]

[Image: Fm35hEW.png]

As a tall forward with defensive prowess, it is a wonder Jarrod Lakemore's youth coaches didn't utilize him as a defenseman. He has all the necessary physical attributes to be an elite blueliner, though obviously he would need to adjust to the new role tactically. At 6'2, Lakemore has size and has never shied away from physical contact, constantly throwing his body around to block shots or lay hits on the opposing players. In the offensive zone, Lakemore is an excellent playmaker with great vision and would be a solid distributor at the blueline. Though he doesn't have the most thunderous slap shot, he is at accurate enough to set up his team for deflections or juicy rebounds. He is a high energy player with a great motor and high hockey IQ, and would be a natural at deciding when he can pinch down in the offensive zone and when he needs to get back and defend. Overall, Lakemore is already an accomplished two way forward and would be a great fit on the blue line. (180 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede