Create Account

S76 PT #3: Hostile Takeover Due: Sunday, April 28th @ 11:59 PM PST

There isn't a shortage of hockey teams in California and the LA Panthers fans have decided to show up to one of the San Francisco Pride's home games. Our fans are from LA so they're probably rich (I'm sorry if it's not true but I gotta create a narrative here) and that's how they've been able to buy a bunch of overpriced tickets from one of the most successful teams in the league this season. On the 27th of January 2043, the Pride fans are gonna have to share the arena with Panthers supporters because that's the only game we play against them in the future at their arena #preparation. The only rule to be a part of the Panthers convoy is to wear a teal jersey so they stand out in the stands. Let's just hope we give a good performance so they don't get bullied out of the building.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Option 2 

Jay loves being a defender, punishing the other team and making it so the other team can't score is one of his biggest pleasures in life. Always taking the puck away from the enemy and never giving it up is what he does. He lives and breaths defending, it's basically his whole life but he as always thought about what it would be like to play as a forward. While he's on the blue line he sees these guys scoring incredible goals and wonders what's that like. Jay might not be fast but he's got a decent shot, maybe that's enough to be a good forward? Sure Jay has a number of career goals but he's never the guy dangling around defenders to score those highlights reel goals, certainly not these days anyway. Maybe in a next life he'll be able to play as a forward but in this one he'll have to sit back while other people get the glory.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2024, 07:58 PM by TheNextGreatOne.)

Option 2

If Nogoalov had to change positions from goaltending, then the one position he would chose would be to be a defenseman, since he already has the background in playing a defensive game as a goaltender. And well it may be tempting to go and try and be a point producing defender, that just wouldn't be in Nogoalov's style, nor his frame. As being six foot seven, 247 pounds would make him more suitable to be a bruising shutdown defenseman, than a point producing one. Because at that height and size, you can't be very agile on the skates, which Nogoalov has proven to not be in his skill set at the moment. That's not to say that Nogoalov wouldn't be producing points as a defenseman, he may very well have, but it just wouldn't be his priority. And so as a brusing defensive defenseman, Nogoalov would know that he wouldn't be a top pairing defender, but maybe a 2nd pairing defenseman, which is still good.

[165 words]

RIP Mac & 701

Quote:Written Option 2: What position other than your current position would your player choose to play if given an opportunity to change their position, and why? What about their playstyle lends itself to that position, or what about your personal hockey fandom would be better fulfilled by playing that position than the one you picked?

I think that if Jae-ik Barron was not a center, he would be a defenseman. This is because he is more of a defensive player that focuses on being responsible in his own end. Therefore it would be a pretty straightforward swap from C to D. There's the problem of being another D on a team that already has a future set for D but maybe in conjunction with Jae-ik's swap, maybe someone can make the swap from D to C. Perhaps Kristian Seppanen or Jim Wen or Paul Bondage.

It's an interesting idea for me because my last player, Adam Barron, who coincidentally was also my first player, was a defenseman. Therefore I will have had two defenders and no forwards in my SHL history, which doesn't really allow for a mix of experiences from one player to another. I technically played four junior seasons with goalie Noah Charlevoix, but my player was very bad at goaltending so I try not to think about that.

That said, there are worse positions to be than defender. It's a position that's very important to the success of the team, and defenders spend a lot of time on the ice. If you are good, you wind up helping your team out an awful lot. It's also cool to have a mix of offensive and defensive prowess, though I guess you could say that about a defensive centerman, which is already what Jae-ik is.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

SHL Simmer PT Pass

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Written 2:

Jamie Fraser would be an excellent goalie if he wanted to be one, unfortunately he's a skater and too good at playing the physical side of things to change. He is a naturally protective person and has no fear of danger or injury, which is the exact lunacy needed to be an effective goalie in the SMHJL and SHL. Outlander as a series would be far less interesting if he was averse to danger and for that both Clare and us are grateful. But alas, Fraser uses his large frame and strength to push smaller (and bigger) players around, channeling his shinty skill and hand to hand combat skills equally as he asserts his dominance on the ice. It is truly a tragedy that he is not a player for the Ottawa Highlanders, the team's demeanor and culture on the ice would suit him perfectly and there's the obvious heritage connection as well. If allowed I'd definitely move Fraser to goalie for the upcoming season just to free up a skater slot.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Written Option 2

Given how Sonja plays on the wings (currently on the right side of it to be specific) it would be far too easy to just say she would switch from RW to LW and technically be correct in the most useless way possible. Now to actually take this seriously, Sonja could easily play in defence. She already has a rather great chemistry with Juan (given she would need to replace Leo which might not be the most welcome thing) and on top of that she is already great defensively. After all the days of "maybe they don't teach defence in Norway" is long gone now and Sona improved massively on her defending since her rookie season a couple years back. So there is a rather high chance Sonja would be able to play either as RD or LD if she really had to change her position. Now of course there is always the question of how well her playstyle would mix with being a defender but she could certainly work on that if she had to.

(176 words)

" Maybe someones er... they don't like me but... because i'm too good, i don't know why. "

[Image: Ant7F8q.png]

Option 2
I think if Tommy Saws was not playing forward, he would prolly have to play defenseman. I mean he is all about offense and hockey does not have enough positions for this to be a hard choice. Tommy Saws has to score and he has the best opportunity to do that from the blue line. I mean he would be clapping it like he claps your mom's cheeks, you know what I am saying? Man that's a pretty good joke. Anyways, I digress. Tommy is an assist machine too, so he may not be scoring. Maybe he feeds it to them from the blue? He would be defensively responsible though. Tommy is a lot of things but he is not irresponsible. Aside from reality, I haven't made a defenseman so I think that works pretty well for me personally. Then I can do a goalie next and win a cup or something.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Mary Hollywood is a tremendous left wing. However, moreso than that, she is a tremendous hockey player in general. One thing that we've noticed as fans in observing the exploits of Mary Hockey is that, despite her role on the Regina Elk Hockey Club being incredibly one-dimensionally offensively focused, Mary has found time to beat the breaks off of her opponents in many games, consistently racking up an unprecedented number of hits for someone whose role is chiefly defined by what she does in the opponent's zone. It would, perhaps, be interesting to see what happens if Mary were to play defense. I should say, it would be interesting to see what happens if Mary were to play defense (the position), as Mary playing defense (the act) is impossible and she would cry and throw up if asked to defend. As a defender, however, Mary would have even more of a license to go light folks up and clean their clocks. It would no doubt be some form of hockey terrorism, and Regina would be much worse off for it, but it would also be deeply funny.

Elk  Rage
[Image: cLeHjn1.png]
Sig by sulovilen!

As much as I personally like the idea of a pass first center, I think Bernard Lodge would enjoy his time most as a smart defender. He's already adept at tracking and blocking shots after all. Additionally, he knows exactly where he wants his defenders to position themselves to best help their goalie, so he would likely be his tendie's best friend. Another underrated part of getting to leave the net would be being able to throw out some nasty checks on the players that are particularly bothersome to his teammates. He gets to see all from his position in the net so he knows who deserves a good hit. If this causes any fights then that is fine, have fun tussling with a man who gets hit by hockey pucks for a living. Without being restricted by the bulky goalie pads it won't even be a fair fight for his opponent. In another life this defender would have scared the league for years to come, but I guess being a lock down goalie is cool too.

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

ISFL Affirmative

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

Pt pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

prompt 2: This one is pretty easy because Lias has already started thinking about it. As he's getting older, and as he fully intends to stay with Winnipeg as long as they possibly have use for him, he has already communicated that he's willing to switch positions to ensure that he can keep himself a valuable asset for the Aurora. He has a hunch this will involve moving to the wing at first as he becomes less skilled at center, and eventually anticipates that he may need to play defense and focus on being more of a stay at home player than the offensive powerhouse he has been for most of his career in Winnipeg. To Lias, returning the loyalty the team has shown him is far more important than squeezing every last drop of offensive usefulness out of his aging body, so he is ready to make whatever position switch the team deems necessary when the time comes. Except goalie. He will never play goalie. I mean, come on, he's like 5'7".

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Jiggle E Puff plays Right Wing for the Atlanta Inferno of the Simulation Hockey League. He has always played Winger throughout his entire career from youth hockey in the Kanto leagues, to the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, and now into the big leagues. Jiggle has found himself taking quite a few faceoffs in the past few seasons, and is wishing that he had chosen to play center as a younger kid so that he would suck less at winning them. Jiggle E Puff goes to bed each night dreaming of winning more than half his faceoffs and constantly has nightmares about how he always loses faceoffs and hurts his team's chances of winning and disappoints his teammates and coaches. Maybe Jiggle will raise his son, Iggle E Buff, to be a center so that he can achieve greatness within the faceoff circle. Alas, for now Jiggle E Puff must continue to suffer the ridicule that comes with being bad at faceoffs.

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

if philippe eko eel were to play another position, aside from defense, which he currently plays, he would play as a winger. tbh winger and center are pretty much the same in SHL land but eel would play on the wing. this is not necessarily because eel possesses skills that will particularly make him good at center, it's more so that he extremely does not possess the skills to have any semblance of effectiveness at goalie. goalie is about filling space (the goal) to stop the puck from going in. eel, an eel, has very little girth. he can operationalize this effectively as a defenseman, covering flexible swaths of ice to stop pucks on the ground, but with such a skinny frame he will struggle with elevation, necessary as a goalie. If his SHL goalie build were realistic, he would have really really high ratings (20) at low shots and some of the other ones like reflexes and recovery, but awful (like 0) on glove and blocker, so he'd be pretty useless as a goalie. thus,,,,,, forward is the position for him!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway