Create Account

S76 PT #3: Hostile Takeover Due: Sunday, April 28th @ 11:59 PM PST

ISFL (Dindog)

The season finale against Hamilton is coming up and the 'cuda boys are still pissed about the drama between Murray and Lahey so this is a fantastic opportunity to exact some revenge in what looks like will be a pivotal season finale for the Steelhawks.  There is a 2 point gap between 2nd and 4th in the North East division and as I type this you can guess who is sitting in fourth.  And at the game they are going to be rabid.  The experience for the home fans is going to suck when after every hit, every goal, every power play the 'cuda faithful are singing our songs over theirs.  The only thing that I can hope is that the game turns out to be an important one for Hamilton's playoff chances.  I won't want them to make the playoffs, but I also want them to be eliminated in a loss to the Tampa Bay Barracuda.

If gnabe were to play any other position he would be a brushing defenseman. It's too bad gnabe is so elktr at scoring goals, otherwise he wokld.be on the back end cracking skulls and taking names every single game. Nothing screams the gnabe play style like taking a minor cheep shot on someone Just to piss them off enough until they are forced to drop the mitts and go toe to toe with the best fighter jn the game. This is the best spot for gnabe but alas, he is too skilled and thus has to play more forward to score some goals. Gnabe for sure isn't a goalie. Thay position is thankless and it is much harder to get a good fight going playing g thay position. Thks is not what gnabe is all about and therefore he wlodlnt ever play there. The phone should take a look at gnabe on defense moving forward.

Prompt 2:

If Wizard was not playing Left Wing where would he want to play well for what Wizard is capable of doing on the ice the answer simply falls to Center, while there may not be a huge difference that exists between the two roles Wizard will be able to make magic on the offense through his passes and make magic happen on the defense through his quick movements and adjustments. The reason Wizard would want to choose this position as well is attributed to his want to excel in his class and he wants to hold the title of most assists in a season or even in a career which is no easy feat but can be best achieved at the center position. If he could not play a foward position at all though he would play right defense so that people would think that they are playing on Wizards weakside but in reality Wizard would use their naiveness against them and make huge plays.

[Image: IsJIh5s.png?format=webp&width=872&height=1066]

Prompt #2
If Mark couldn’t be a center and had to choose a different position he would choose to be a defenseman. Mark already hasn’t scored many goals in his career but he really isn’t training to be a goal scorer. Mark is about puck control and maintaining the state of the game. Mark would make a great defense player keeping the puck in the hands of his forwards. Mark has a positive takeaway to giveaway ratio. That would be helpful from a defensive standpoint allowing him to get the puck away from the offense when they are trying to make a play. Mark would have similar point totals racking up assists as a defensive playmaker. That’s all Mark wants to do is get assists to rack up those points. Offense or defense Mark’s quick moves with the puck and unearned confidence would easily keep him relevant on the ice. His dad is a two time cup winner after all.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

Oh man. PTs are making me look at the index now? These are starting to be like work.

So I'm going to target a game against BAP. Why you may ask? I do not have a good reason, just because that is the first one that caught my eye. And people in Baltimore do be a bit crazy. Maybe that would be a bad reason to do it but it's also not far from New England and I think we have a chance of filling all of those empty seats.

Who's paying fr these seats by the way? Let's assume that we are paying 50 bucks a ticket which is crazy low (but it is Baltimore). Then let's say it hold 30 thousand people. And then we buy half of those that's 50 x 15 thousand dollars. That's 750 large dropped on this game. I am no math genius but feel like if we are spending 750k on that I shouldn't have to be taking home town discounts. Just saying.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Option 2:

If Matiss had to play any other position, he would definitely want to be a defenseman. As a defenseman, he would like to be a quarterback or puck moving defenseman. Matiss likes to be able to see the ice and find openings in the play to be able to get the puck to his teammates. Being able to be a defenseman that controls the puck and move it around in the defensive zone to offensive zone and also having the ability to control the puck in the offensive zone to find teammates would be a good defensive play style for him. This is also a good type of play style due to Matiss having a lot of assists throughout his career as a winger. Matiss likes to have the puck on his stick, and knows exactly what to do with it to be able to help his teammates produce goals and help lead the team to wins.

Aksel would, and has, played left wing. It's weird and he has messed up lining up at the faceoff because of it many times. He has taken a faceoff a few times each season, but he doesn't enjoy it, and he's happier on the wings if he's playing offense. If he had to play another position, he'd play defense (sorry goalies, much love but he'd have to re-learn the sport). Aksel does really enjoy playing defense, and dropping back if one of his d-men go up into the zone. He would become a defenseman if he wasn't a winger, and has more than once offered to the coaches and ownership to play the position if needed. He played when he was very young, until everyone got a lot taller and bigger than him. Maybe in another life he'd be a goalie, but that's be weird. Defense or offense, and skater only for this guy. Catch him dropping back more as he gets older and slower.

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Edouard Lavoie would probably choose to play on one of the wings, probably left wing. He is not the type of player to drop back and play a more defensive game. He has some defensive skill, but he truly shines in the opponent's zone, so it would make the most sense to shift him to the wing instead of dropping him back. Left wing makes a little bit more sense due to his handedness, but he could probably play either side if he had to. My personal fandom does not really affect which position I wanted my player to play. I am probably most interested in goaltenders in real life, but in the sim world I decided that I would try to have a flashier stat sheet this go around compared to the last time where I was pretty focused on whatever the team(s) needed out of me. Ultimately, I just want to be in a good locker room and have some fun.

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

PT Pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

Prompt 1

Patya think this plan for buy out all arena for fans of our team to go is much silly. Patya going to have to say for this, probably am choose Texas. Patya saying this because Texas am play pretty close to New Orleans and am much good team so we am able for use home crowd support for this game. Patya thinking maybe this can be for game on January 22, 2043. Patya believe this last away game against Texas for this season, so is perfect for this idea. Patya choosing this game because again, Texas much good and New Orleans am needing support of fans for get through game with a win! Maybe this spook players on their team like Chris Valentine, Mads McBride, and Dirty Boots because all am such great players and need for be spooked to get off their game! Patya think if this executed, New Orleans can for sure win this game against Texas!

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

Prompt #2: Hoang is technically living this prompt, a utility left winger who has transitioned to one of the most effective centers in the league. If the league-leader in faceoff percentage three-years running had to change his career, he would likely choose to shift back to the wing, leaving his duties on the faceoff dot behind. While he remains an effective play driver, Hoang has focused more on producing offense in depth, with goals and assists. This diverted focus has paid off down the stretch, as Hoang has gone from an off-point-per-game pace to now leading his team in points and goals. He also doesn’t thing a career as a defenseman or forward would work out for him the same way his blessed career as a center has been. Big life changes aren’t really his speed, so looking back at the start of his playing days and asking those questions isn’t Hoang’s cup of tea.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2024, 10:01 PM by Aephino. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option 1: when thinking about what game for the Hamilton away fans to take over, you should consider proximity but also ticket availability. I also think you should take into account conference, for extra spice. a good option is Toronto, but they still have a solid fan base these days and therefore might be tricky. So I propose we do a Montreal game near the end of the season, as their season is almost over, and do as many Hamilton Steelhawks chants during the game.

The game will pan out tremendously for the Steelhawks. The away fans will all coordinate to wear the light blue gear and some genius fans also brought a large amount of plastic clappers to generate even more noise. They snuck these past security, who weren't really checking too carefully anyway. The Montreal fans tried to boo the Hamilton fans, but in reality it came across as if they were booing their own team. So the montreal fans instead just chose to stay quiet while about half the stadium of steelhawks  fans continued on with their planned chants and clappers.

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

John Brown swaps from playing as a defenseman to playing as a goalie because some mysterious voice in his head tells him to. It tells him that he will save more this way and block more this way as well, leading to better stats. But it also makes him feel very disconcerted because he swears he's gone through something like this before. So when he decides to think about it it leads to a panic for him, as he doesn't know how to feel about dejavu. That's not something he has a lot of experience with. This leads to him having a crisis of faith and ultimately not saving a lot, contrary to what John Brown's original intent was to accomplish. So this idea of John Brown changing to be a goalie doesn't really work out in the long run and he doesn't stick with it at all for any prolonged sense of time

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Written option #2

Lyle Odelein IV has always wanted to be a forward and help the team score goals. He loves playing playing on the wing especially and always has. But, if Lyle had to play at another postiion, he would most likely play defence. He has practiced and played against defenders all his life so he knows a thing or two about the position. That and his father was a pretty solid defencmen for many seasons in the SHL. He leads the league with the most career shot blocks of all time. And the single season shot block record. He also has over 1900 hits as a defender. The younger like also likes to play the body and isn't afraid to get in the way of a shot. So these skills and family traits would definitely help him transition is a defender. Although the position change is very unlikely anytime during Lyle Odelein IV's career, he would probably be able to hold his own as a defender.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada