Create Account

S76 PT #3: Hostile Takeover Due: Sunday, April 28th @ 11:59 PM PST

P1: The Forge's fanbase sets their sights on the away game against Atlanta for their epic takeover. With ice hockey being a sport known for its intense fanbases, the Atlanta arena becomes the perfect battleground for this fan-driven spectacle. Every resale ticket is swiftly acquired by Forge supporters, transforming the stadium into a sea of Forge colors, flags, and chants echoing through the rafters.

As the puck drops, the players are greeted by a thunderous roar from their dedicated supporters. The Atlanta fans find themselves outnumbered and outshouted as the Forge faithful make their presence felt throughout the arena. With the home advantage effectively nullified, the Forge players feel the surge of adrenaline from their passionate fanbase.
Throughout the game, chants and cheers reverberate through the stadium, fueling the Forge players with an unmatched intensity. The atmosphere is electric, charged with the excitement and fervor of the Forge supporters. In this crucial matchup, the Forge emerges triumphant, fueled by the unwavering support of their fans.

The takeover of the Atlanta arena becomes the talk of the hockey world, solidifying the Forge fanbase's reputation as one of the most passionate and dedicated in the league. It's a night that will be etched into the annals of ice hockey history, showcasing the power of fan unity and support.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

So Dominik primarily plays as a center nowadays, and I think that the next best position for him would be to be a defenseman. In my head, the connection between the two positions are that they both positions which require the player to be an athlete, compete at both ends of the ice as well as in the corners for pucks and things, but also ones that require strong vision and the ability to see where your teammates are at any given time. Skating is not something that Dominik struggles with, and this is something that is important for both centers and defense. As a left handed skater, he would likely fit in on the left side of the defense, allowing him to more easily collect the puck off the wall. His vision is great and it would assist him in the transition from center to defense in this alternate world where Dominik would be swapping positions.

WC: 157

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Option 2 - 179 words

Corey Trevor has always been a center, it’s the only position he’s known but he’s always been the type of player that puts the team first and ultimately do whatever is needed to make things happen. So with that said, if given the opportunity, he would make the switch to Defense. The reason he would pick this position is because this position is very needed by every team since it’s not as glamorous as the forward position. But that’s not the only reason, the idea of taking some clappers from the blue line is also very appealing, I mean who wouldn’t want to take some big slap shots from far back. Those are Trevor’s thoughts on switching positions. My reasoning is that one of my favorite players currently is a defensive man, miro heiskanen. I just enjoy watching him play, he really gives his all while on the ice. This has been my thoughts on switching to anothe position. Probably wouldn’t happen during this career, but there’s always next time.

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

Graphic Option 1:
[Image: hMjvapB.png]

[Image: fFccrkD.png]

Written Option 2

So currently I have played 2 positions in my career. Center and winger. I really like my main position of Center as I am very comfortable in the middle of the ice. But if I had to change position, I would chose Goalie. I feel like my playstyle already sides on the defensive side so being the ultimate defensive player on the ice makes alot of sense. Plus l have really good hand eye cordination, and have excelled in living in front of the net. So I am already used to being in that area all game long. Also I really like playing a role that the team depends on every game and goalies are needed every game if their team stands a chance at winning. I think goalies obviously get more recognition throughout their career so that would really nice to get. 

- 154 words

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

isfl affiliate

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

Option 2: This is a great question, because it was something that I genuinely had to think about quite a bit when making this player. I wanted to make a player that I felt, as a complete beginner to hockey and someone who wanted to learn more about it, would serve as a great introduction to the sport, but also felt familiar enough to the kind of players that I like watching in other sports so that I could be more invested in his success. For that reason, I chose to play a winger that was more of a playmaker. However, for a moment there, I did think of maybe making someone that was more of a defender. My reasoning behind it was more that I thought it would be cool for someone who I imagined as an ex-pro wrestler to go into a more physical position when making the switch to being a pro hockey player since he already had experience with being physical. Ultimately, I didn't feel like that would be super fun for me to focus on, so I didn't do it, but I do have it as a sort of headcannon for my player that if given the chance, he would totally switch to playing as a defender because he feels he's got the physical prowess for it.

Code:
Word count: 220 words

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

Prompt 2:

Anna Skovgaard was drafted as a center and that's the position she will mostly like play at the SHL level once she gets called up. But if she were to switch positions, a switch to the wing would make the most sense, and that has been proved this season in Quebec City. Anna is playing on the wing, where her abilities as a prototypical modern power forward really shine. She is an incredible skater, and she is very good at leveraging her size when both protecting the puck while flying down the wing boards and removing opposing skaters from the puck when backchecking. It's most evident on the scoresheet when you see that Anna is leading the Citadelles in hits while having great possession numbers. She also seems much more comfortable shooting the puck from the wing, with a huge uptick in shots on goal so far this season. It might be a bit of a cop out answer, but Anna playing on the backend doesn't make sense and goalies are psychopaths so she won't be putting on the pads anytime soon.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Writing for Option 2:

Vaseline Podcalzone could realistically move to the centre position if he was any better at taking face-offs. Indeed, while Podz is often labeled as a power forward winger capable of applying massive body checks on his opponents, it need not be unsaid that he does possess some good defensive qualities. That smart, two-way level of hockey would be all that Podz really needs to slide right in to the centre position comfortably. After all, a good solid two way centre is absolutely crucial for a team. Certainly, Podz's well rounded play would absolutely make him a swiss army knife out there.

Podcalzone very well could have been a centre to start out his career if the Argonauts had a need for it. It really would have come down to working on his face-off skills prior to debuting with the Argos. Of course, he ended up playing as a winger upon making it up to the SHL, and the rest is history.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Option 2:
If I wasn't playing a forward, I would have to move to defense and keep my offensive talents as the premier power play quarterback in the league. Gordon William Gibbles already has a very hard hitting game on the offensive end of the ice so he would become a hit machine on the back end. Separating players from the puck after flying full tilt into his checks would prove to be a useful strategy because the other team can't score if their players can't stand up off the ice. Gordon William would also be a big hit with the fans as he plays the point and claps bombs from the blue line. Currently he is know for his accurate shot but if he can use that skill from farther down the ice, he may be able to set up his teammates and deflect the puck into the net off them. Gibbles would be following in his father's footsteps if he changed positions as well.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Affiliate PT

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

ISFL Affiliate 

Different forum username: footballiscool

If my player could play a different position they would pick center. Although both winger and center are both forward positions they have very different responsibilities. As a winger Cal Juice is able to focus more on offense, fly the zone and not have to worry about defensive responsibilities beyond covering the point. As a center he'd have to work more on honing his positioning skills and not allowing players into the slot. Although this doesn't perfectly fit his play style it would still be a good fit because offensive centers are not very common in hockey. You usually see those players gravitate to the wing but if you can get an offensive guy to stick at center you've got yourself a really special player. That's where the big bucks are made, for that reason I don't think you can really count this out from happening in the future. At some point in his career Cal Juice may actually decide to try to make that step from the wing to center.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

ISFL Affiliate Link

Option 2: Alright, if I had to pick a different spot on the team, no doubt, it’d be goalie. Back in my college days, that’s where you’d find me, guarding the net. Sure, I wasn’t top of the class, but hey, a goalie’s only as good as his defense, right? And mine… let’s just say they kept me pretty busy. Every goalie knows, when the puck slips past, it ain’t just on you. It’s a team gig, defense included. So, yeah, I’d strap on those pads again. Why not? My Gm is my current goaltender and lets just say he ain't the best by a long shot. So why shouldn't I put on the pads there is no blame just playing net. I could defenantly do better than the bum gm in our net. After all he missed training and his team assigments one week so clearly hes not putting in the effort.

[Image: Make-a-photo-realistic-epic-image-of-a-h...a-go-1.png]