Create Account

Swiss Stars of the Week - S76, Week 2

People seemed to react pretty positively to the first installation of this series. So we're gonna continue it! This is a series where we look at the Swiss national pool and pick out the week's most impressive performances. We'll continue to include Junior Player of the Week to look at our J players!

Third Star: Dragons Rebecca Montagne
Stats: 9W-5L, some goalie rate stats that I forgot to specify
Okay so yeah, I'll openly call myself out for not having specifics on goalie numbers, I came up with this idea pretty last second before last week's sim so I only logged GAA/SV%/GSAA. Instead of the numbers that go into the former two. That's my bad and will be rectified in future seasons, sorry OD and chetib...
That being said, Montagne had a solid week for the Dragons, who are currently on a six game win streak. Montagne has been a huge part of that, with a couple of 40 save outings against good teams like the league-leading Renegades and the strong-starting Specters. The Dragons netminder currently sits third in the league in GSAA, and is also top ten in save percentage. A veteran with championship experience in Montagne has been a perfect fit between the pipes for the up-and-coming Albertan side.
Second Star: Renegades Isaac Forty-One
Stats: 19 GP, 5G-8A-13P, +6
When you're munching the most minutes on the best team in the league so far, you're pretty dang good at hockey. Safe to say Forty-One is having himself a stupendous season. The Renegades blueliner is currently tied for sixth amongst all defenders in scoring (and is first in the player pool), while also playing plenty on the power play and some on the PK. Forty-One is in the prime of his career, and should be a Stevens contender by the end of the season.
First Star: Steelhawks Sebastien Regazzoni
Stats: 18 GP, 5G-23A-28P
Last week's first star defends his crown with another strong week for the Steelhawks. Regazzoni remains in the top 3 in the league in scoring (well, he's tied for third with M'Baku Olubori), while placing second in assists, killing a ton of penalties for an above average PK, and owning the faceoff dot. He's been the complete package so far this season, and has been reaping the rewards.
Junior Player of the Week: Battleborn Literally Wizard
Stats: 17 GP, 6G-12A-18P
His name has been fitting, because Wizard's passes have been creating lots of magic for the Battleborn. He's currently 9th in the J in scoring and tied for 7th in assists, and unlike some of the players ahead of him it's not been the product of being on a loaded team. Wizard has also been excellent in the faceoff circle at 57.2% so far this season. Nevada have been playing better lately with 5 wins in their last 7 and this forward has been a key part of that!

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]