Create Account

Atlanta vs New Orleans: S69 and S70 Drafts Revisited
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 10:50 AM by Bongo. Edited 1 time in total.)

Atlanta  Inferno and New Orleans  Specters

Two teams in different conferences. In my opinion, they are a lot alike. Great management, cool locker rooms, but the question everyone is asking is: Who exactly came out on top when it comes to the season 69 and season 70 NHL entry drafts? New Orleans, or Atlanta? Let's find out.

S69

In season 68, Atlanta Finished 3rd overall, and New Orleans finished 11th overall. Both teams had similar trajectories, being eliminated in the playoffs early. New Orleans were gone in the first round, in 5 games in a matchup against the Syndicate. Atlanta were sent home in the 2nd round by Manhattan. Both teams had extra time to focus on the S69 Draft.

ATLANTAS PICKS 
Inferno

S69 R1: 7th OVERALL
Billy Herrington
Right Wing
TPE:1814 
DRAFT CLASS RANK: 3rd (+4) 

Herrington has been a staple in Atlanta's rotation for quite some time now. He brings offensive power, so far with 52 points for the bottoming Atlanta squad. Herrington is the future of Atlanta. As Shoyo Hinata ages, you will see Herrington take his place as the face of the franchise.

S69 - R2: 35th OVERALL
e e
Left Wing
TPE: 498 
DRAFT CLASS RANK: IA 

GeckoeyGeck. A known meme-power user in the SHL universe mememosphere, appeared to meme his 6'11 Left winger into inactivity. Knowing Geck, he simply created a player to have them drafted in the 69th season, as this number is the sex number. 

Rather than 'e e', geck should have named his player 'i a'. Perhaps this is too much effort for geck, as he would have to use his fingers to type those two vowels on opposite sides of his mechanical gamer keyboard. Atlanta management was certain tricked by this trickster. Please approach with caution in the future. 

NEW ORLEANS PICKS
Specters

S69 - R1 - 10th OVERALL
Hugh Manius 
Right Defense
TPE: 1680 
DRAFT CLASS RANK: 10th (EVEN)

A true 6'6 Alpha Sigma, Manius has been making his presence known in the state of Louisiana since being drafted at 10th overall. It is no surprise that Manius was selected by New Orleans. Their squad are really getting the hype they deserve, and Manius is at the forefront of the core. NOLA knocked this pick out of the park. Manius will be an integral piece of New Orleans "window squad". Their time is coming. Will he carry home a championship? 

S69: R2 - 30th OVERALL
Walt Frazier
Right Wing 
TPE: 1336 DRAFT CLASS

Frazier is an epic steal. Frazier wasn't expected to be much coming out of the J, but he's proved the haters wrong. To be honest, I think New Orleans probably had their entire LR scouting and sleuthing. Their top 2 picks in this draft may be the best I've seen in a long time. Frazier, who still is with the squad, is a perfect addition to the "Window Core". It isn't so much the 'obvious' picks that win you championships, it's finding diamonds in the rough, such as Walt Jr over here. 

S69: R2 - 31st OVERALL
4 Chainz
Right Wing 
TPE: 672 

You can double your chains but you cannot double your TPE. Obviously, New Orleans were more confident with Frazier, as they had picked him at 30. I'm guessing this was a wildcard gone wrong. 4 Chainz sucks. Absolute bonafide bust. 

S69: R2 - 33rd OVERALL
Edward Flinders
Left Wing
TPE: UNKNOWN

We cannot find a trace of Mr. Flinders. I'm assuming that they threw a dart at a board, and selected Flinders. There are rumors that Flinders had taken off and joined the Russian league. We simply will never know. Bonafide BUST. This is unfortunate. He showed promise.. 

S69: R3 - 50th OVERALL
Cole Dasice
Left Wing 
TPE: UNKNOWN

Nothing to say. A common round 3 fizzler. Nothing to note. I'm beginning to wonder how much of drafting past pick 30 is pointless. I guess we will have to see more absolute dogs prove us wrong. Who is the best player ever selected in round 3? Perhaps I'll do a media on this. 

S60: R4 -70th OVERALL
Sam Conroy
Goalie
TPE: 279 

Another Inactive in the late rounds. I may not even count this. Time to compare the gets, and busts. Let's take a look, shall we? 

S70

In season 69, Atlanta finished 4th overall, and New Orleans 10th. The two teams appeared to be closing in on a gap as parity increased between their squads. However, they both had a moderate exit, and were eliminated in 7 games by Philadelphia and Winnipeg, two powerhouses at the time, respectfully.

ATLANTAS PICKS
Inferno

S70 -  R1: 15th OVERALL
Jiggle E. Puff
Left Wing
TPE: 1460 
DRAFT CLASS RANK: 14th (+1)

Puff currently sits 14th overall in his draft class, for TPE. This is pretty much an even grade for Hotdog's recruitment strategy. As we say in Atlanta, when it comes to draft picks, like quality, not quantity. What an excellent pick by Hotdog and his management corporation. I give this pick a solid grade. 

NEW ORLEANS PICKS: 
Specters

S70 - R2: 28th OVERALL
Darnell Mohammed Johnson
Left Defense
TPE: 1130
DRAFT CLASS RANK: 19th (+9)

DMJ2 has been a serviceable player on the backend of New Orleans Defense. At 28th overall, a third to second line defenseman is about what you expect from DMJ2. He's a hard hitting British man named mohammed who is known for his defensive game more than his scoring touch. In his fourth season in the show, it's reasonable to say that he's exceeded expectations. 

S70 - R4
74th OVERALL
Mu Wisconsin
Left Wing TPE: 840 (peak) 

Wisconsin was a low-risk low-reward pick. I cannot even hold this against New Orleans management. They took a waiver on a guy, and he didn't end up panning out. No big deal. Johnson was a good get, and one of their two picks.

NEW ORLEANS
Specters
Hugh Manius
Walt Frazier
Darnell Mohammed Johnson 2

ATLANTA
Inferno
Billy Herrington
Jiggle E. Puff

Who would you rather have on your team? Manius, Frazier and DMJ2?

Or Herrington and Puff? Comment below and tell me who won these drafts.

WORD COUNT:1095

I love draft class lookbacks and this is an interesting comparison. I would probably lean ATL here just because of the potential frustration of so many IAs

i drafted puff as relief gm it was my call!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

04-25-2024, 11:47 AMmicool132 Wrote: i drafted puff as relief gm it was my call!
We all know that you and Glutes are the draft masterminds and Hotdog is the borderline IA dude who gets all the credit

04-25-2024, 11:56 AMMrPresident Wrote: We all know that you and Glutes are the draft masterminds and Hotdog is the borderline IA dude who gets all the credit
mhmm

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

04-25-2024, 11:56 AMMrPresident Wrote: We all know that you and Glutes are the draft masterminds and Hotdog is the borderline IA dude who gets all the credit

@hotdog's just too busy making out with Phil Kessel

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

04-25-2024, 11:47 AMmicool132 Wrote: i drafted puff as relief gm it was my call!

Hotdog said it was him
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 07:43 PM by Slappydoodle. Edited 3 times in total.)

04-25-2024, 10:49 AMBongo Wrote: Frazier is an epic steal. Frazier wasn't expected to be much coming out of the J, but he's proved the haters wrong. To be honest, I think New Orleans probably had their entire LR scouting and sleuthing. Their top 2 picks in this draft may be the best I've seen in a long time. Frazier, who still is with the squad, is a perfect addition to the "Window Core". It isn't so much the 'obvious' picks that win you championships, it's finding diamonds in the rough, such as Walt Jr over here. 

Every time @JKortesi81 wants to complain about me not doing a PT, just redirecting him to here

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Herrington and Puff, easy.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

04-26-2024, 03:01 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: Herrington and Puff, easy.

I’m biased.. but yes