Create Account

Everything YOU need to know about Peyton Campeau

Peyton Campeau comes to the Ottawa Highlanders via way of the province of Quebec. A center who can play wing with no issues that can move around the ice is a big bonus for a kickstart franchise. But let’s take a look to see why it’s so crucial that the Highlanders acquired such a player and to see just what type of potential or talent this young star could have in the future for the SHL teams that are looking to draft the next generation. Maybe it’s you reading this right now who has an interest in a center who can put in the work or you’re just looking to see more about one of your draft mates.

Playstyle: Peyton is a very strong player, he’s 6,1 210 at this point in his career which makes him perfect for the center position where he can use his body to win face offs and to rock opponents when needed. Further down the line you can expect this frame to be filled out more by the time he reaches the big leagues and will probably put on at least 15 pounds over the next few seasons. You’ll be hard pressed to find a better center in the J that off the rip can hang with winning face offs like Peyton does, He should be able to win most of his face offs for Ottawa which is already a huge deal for the young franchise. His other biggest assets lie in his raw speed and offensive work.Peyton is pretty fast and has good balance due to his size, it’s very difficult to knock a guy with his intangibles off the ice when he can move around and has that much upper and lower body strength combined with speed, he’s also excellent at passing the puck and getting open to set up the offense for his teammates, while he doesn’t have the magic hands a lot of danglers do, he can get the puck to a teammate and blitz his way into Gretzkys office for a goal or for a screen. He’s not a score first player but has a lot of potential in his up close wrist shot that should scare a lot of opposing defenders and goaltenders for years to come. Of course there’s work to be done in terms of his defensive game but it should only naturally fall together given his size and strength, it shouldn’t shock anyone if he becomes a big hitter by the time he reaches the big leagues, I don’t expect him to be a true two way forward but rather a power forward who exerts himself when needed but mostly is trying to open up the offense for the team via passing and doing what he can with the puck or without it. If you are a fan of players like Jordan Staal, Tyler Bertuzzi or Mark Stone, this is the type of player you want to emulate those types of guys. I’m sure he may even have to spend some time learning to box a bit if his physical play-style offends some opponents, but hey that’s all part of hockey, everyone loves a good fight and if Peyton has to be the one to drop the gloves, all the better and I’ll make sure I have my popcorn on deck so I can watch it and see I through.

Personality: Peyton isn’t selfish, His main playstyle revolves around him passing the puck so he isn’t a diva or someone who has to get his shots in consistently every night, he’s an opportunistic player who takes the smart shots where he knows it’ll be a high percentage chance to get into the net. He’s not a super aggressive player but I think that will change as he becomes more seasoned in the league, it’ll be inevitable that his strengths and having some aggression to his play style will go hand in hand but he’s far from a reckless player and approaches the game with a lot of intellectual maturity that might be a rare find for a young player in the J.

Interest in the SHL teams: Peyton has an open door policy when it comes to the teams of the SHL wanting to draft him. He has no qualms about being on certain teams or anything but only asks that there be a roster spot ready for him when the day comes. He doesn’t prefer any country or weather when it comes to where he plays and is fine with going somewhere he’s never been before, He’s never left Canada as his only move was from Quebec to Ottawa but enjoys the travel and exploration side of being a professional athlete and would love to see more of the world from different lenses if the scenario presents itself.

OOC: Out of character I’ve put a lot of time into constructing this player, it’s been two years since I had my last player in this league and while things didn’t line up properly last time I’m giving it another shot and I’m operating in full confidence that I can handle it, especially with how the new forum and portal operates. I’m really excited to return back here and be in the community with familiar faces and with people I’ve never met yet. I’m excited to be part of a new franchise in Ottawa and I’m happy to be part of a building block going forward for this franchise. I know I may have let some people down when I went IA with my last player but I didn’t mean to burn any bridges and I extend my arms open to any team or user who wants to talk to me. The time is right and I purposely waited until I knew I could handle two leagues (ISFL AND SHL) at the same time.

In conclusion, I’m really excited to use this player to its full potential, I’m going for a power forward build that hopefully will see lots of assists and some goals along the way. Here’s to hoping for a successful career in the J and in the future!

[Image: gageshl.gif]

welcome back to the league! hopefully the portal will make things easier to manage as well.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

We're beyond excited to have you on the team, let's make it happen!

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders