Create Account

Cancer

Weird place to put this, I know, but I'm somehow more comfortable here than on Facebook - at least as far as where the discussion can take me.

I've been experiencing pain for a few weeks, and I finally got the news today: it's a rather large testicular tumor. While they can't say with 100% certainty that it's cancerous, they're going to have to amputate anyway as though it were. They don't typically biopsy a testicle; no use operating twice. The blood test and ultrasound point to a large suspicion of cancer.

I guess I'm looking for support from people? This has been an extremely difficult few weeks. But I'm also wondering if there are any other "survivors" (holy fuck that's hard to say) or people who have dealt with similar issues and could share their stories with me. Anything will help.

I'll also answer anything regarding the process. From what I understand I caught this early enough where I might be able to skip chemo. That makes me extremely lucky, though I can't say it makes my balls feel any better. Smile)

Thanks in advance. Wanted to come here before, like I said, Facebook or searching for some other support group type things. Sure there are fukkbois, but a lot of us are here all the time. So yeah.

[Image: OaSEcaw]

I've never been through this situation myself but if you want to talk or anything I have had several members of my family go through various cancer treatments.

Also you need to update your sig. B)

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Jun 14 2016, 07:30 PM
I've never been through this situation myself but if you want to talk or anything I have  had several members of my family go through various cancer treatments.

Also you need to update your sig.  B)

Lol yeah I need a new dropdown.

Thanks man, I might take you up on that.

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Holy shit dude, best of luck to you.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Holy fudge, man. That's some tough news. My thoughts are with ya!

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

Love and respect Gbae. Hope your surgery goes well and your recovery is swift. Smile

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Awful to hear dude, can't imagine how rough that must be to find out. Seriously wish I could do more than just send good vibes, but I really hope everything goes smoothly with your treatment and you're back to full health as soon as possible!

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Jun 14 2016, 07:31 PM

Lol yeah I need a new dropdown.

Thanks man, I might take you up on that.

Now you just need to get on that cheeseburger diet, spend a few years in Toronto and then you're bound to get a Cup. Wink

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Thoughts are with you man <3

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

GCool.. Man some really shitty news. I know things were tough with you and the news isn't very much help now. I don't have much history with cancer and stuff myself but anytime you wanna talk you where I am (always on the PHL that is)

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

My best friend from childhood was diagnosed with testicular cancer at 20 years old. He survived with no complications. Hope everything goes well for ya, and you come back healthy & happy Cheers

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

I wish you all the best. My dad had cancer. It was tough for a long time, but he was fortunate enough to overcome it. He had lymphoma, and they injected poison into him to kill the cancer. Scary times. I can't imagine how horrible it was for him.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Stay tough dude. You'll get through this Smile

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Holy shit, man. I'm so sorry to hear that. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you man.

Damn, dude... I'm glad you caught it early enough and all the best.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]