Create Account

Cancer

We already chatted about this, but you know I've got you in my prayers. Holler at me if you want or need to talk.

The best I can offer is that cancer runs heavily throughout my family. My grandfather had bouts with colon, stomach, lung, brain and a few others over 40 years before succumbing. My aunt has had colon and stomach 4 times in 9 years or so. My brother got diagnosed on his wife's 30th birthday with colon cancer, had surgery on my 20th, and started chemo on his 30th. They all had Lynch Syndrome, which means statistically the cancer is 110% coming back in different locations and tougher every time.

From that, I've learned just that positivity matters. If ever you feel sad, depressed, upset, talk about it. It will never be a burden. It will never be a problem. Positivity is what always perseveres. I've seen very ill people come back simply having good conversations daily and people who didn't have much wrong go further down because they wouldn't get over how sad it was and refused to talk.

Feel free to use this board, to message me or anyone else, I can guarantee you will always have our support in this battle. No one should ever feel hopeless, or feel depressed without someone there to be able to help in some way pull them through.

I can't offer much more than support. But knowing how you've been on here alone, you seem to be quite a fighter and I'm certain you'll have few problems. Keep your chin up, and if you want to talk, I'm happy to. I've seen cancer in many forms. I've had my own scares before. I know it's daunting to say the least, but it can, and will, be beat.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Jun 14 2016, 08:20 PM

I guess I'm looking for support from people? This has been an extremely difficult few weeks. But I'm also wondering if there are any other "survivors" (holy fuck that's hard to say) or people who have dealt with similar issues and could share their stories with me. Anything will help.

Bro, I am so sorry to hear this. I wish you nothing but support, love and health. >:D<

Now then, as you are a man of science I'm sure you can digest and appreciate that the five year survival rate for localized testicular cancer is 99%. Even regional, wherein it has spread to nearby lymph nodes holds a 96% survival rate.

In fact, the following gentlemen both managed to be One Balled All-Stars and one is a Phillie legend so you should be just fine as long as you don't get necrosis.

"John Kruk

On the heels of three straight All-Star appearances with the Phillies, John Kruk was diagnosed with testicular cancer in 1994 after a mishap during a game the previous summer.

An errant pickoff throw by pitcher Mitch Williams struck the current ESPN broadcaster in the groin and broke his protective cup, and it was only upon closer inspection that doctors realized Kruk would require surgery."

"Mike Lowell

Mike Lowell — the MVP of that 2007 World Series — learned he had testicular cancer before the 1999 season, shortly after the Yankees dealt him to the Marlins.

The third baseman had the testicle removed and went through radiation treatment rather than chemotherapy as part of his recovery.

The four-time All-Star had a productive career in Florida and Boston, winning a championship with each organization."

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

I have a cousin who went through the same thing. It is a very scary situation but he got through it and fought it and now he is cancer free. I'm wishing you the absolute best and it's nice that it is a more curable cancer. I'm sure you have the fight and will to beat this and I am sending my thoughts to you through this tough time

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

I'm really sorry about the news man, I wish you a safe surgery and a speedy recovery >:D<

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Lance Armstrong has one testicle and the guy's done more with one testicle than you and I could do with three but honestly if you catch it early you have a good chance and it seems like a lot of older guys have one testicle just hanging down there.

Best of luck to you man. Sounds like you caught it early and its easy to treat (as easy as losing one of your balls is). Maybe you should pick up bike racing. See if there is a correlation between having one ball and being a world champion biker. Hope you have a safe surgery and speedy recovery.

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

Fuck cancer

We're tumor buddies!

I had a tumor removed in 2013. It was on the back of my jaw on my salivatory gland and it was about the size of a ping pong ball. I had it checked out before, and was told it was just a swollen gland.... Nothing to worry about. Well it got bigger when. I got back from Afghanistan, and people kept asking me "what's that on the side of your face?" So I decided to get it checked out.

"Well it's definitely a tumor. Whether or not it's cancer, well we will have to do some tests."

I thought I was going to pass out. I didn't know what to do. Cancer? A tumor? I'm only 24. What the fuck?

Couple this with the fact that my grandmother had over 50 surgeries from when she was thirteen until when she died in her 70s, my mom had breast cancer, and my aunt had breast cancer, and needless to say I was freaking the fuck out.

Well after the longest two weeks of my life, a time where no matter what you're doing, who you're with, whether you're laughing, chatting, smiling or whatever, "hey you might have cancer" is always popping into your head, after that long ass two weeks, I found out it wasn't cancer.

And thank god or whoever, because that cancer that I could've had has a very very low survival rate. (Roger Ebert died of it.)

I'm here for you buddy! I know first hand how it feels. The sinking feeling you feel all the time, the dread, all of it.

The good news for you is that testicular cancer is VERY survivable. Even in the latest stages, the survival rates are something like 70-80%!

I know this doesn't make you feel completely better, but just know that we will get through this brother!

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Horrible news to hear.. I wish you the best of and and stay strong bud!

I can't imagine the situation you are currently in. I'm glad you were able to find out early and hope surgery goes well!

I've lost my favorite aunt to breastcancer.

Go kick cancers butt!

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

We already talked. You already know I got your back.

Keep me updated.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Kick it's ass.

Thanks so much, guys. It means a whole lot. I'm currently waiting on more info from doctors as to when I'll have surgery. Everyone just says "soon" and evidently waits for the next guy in line to provide an exact date. How exhausting.

I didn't expect this much of a response. I'll keep everyone posted. Smile

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Good luck, buddy. Sounds pretty optimistic based on how early you caught it.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Good luck, gcool!