Create Account

Cancer

Quote:Originally posted by Kinsler@Jun 23 2016, 10:22 PM
glad to hear everything went well GCool Cheers

my only question is... do you get to keep your nut like how if you get a tooth pulled you can keep it Smile)

I know a guy that put his ball in a lava lamp.

Quote:Originally posted by Harry@Jun 24 2016, 01:02 AM

I know a guy that put his ball in a lava lamp.

holy shit Smile)

that's the reason i ask this question, because having your nut would be awesome... lava lamp was beyond what i imagined

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Jun 23 2016, 10:09 PM
Just wanted to give everyone an update!

I went in for surgery this morning and it went very well. It was a flawless orchiectomy. The doctors said that the results of the biopsy will be available in a week, and that I shouldn't really move or do anything until then anyway. This will obviously kill me financially, since I'm a contractor and don't receive any paid medical leave, but my parents have been generous enough to pay my rent and other bills until I'm back on my feet and can work back into things.

The pain is real - I mean the incision was rather large and I can't really bend my leg yet - but nothing can be more painful than what I've experienced over the past few weeks. I mean SERIOUSLY, try living like Johnny Knoxville for a few weeks without massive amounts of drugs, and you might know what it's like. Wink

I just want to thank everyone for their support here. Everyone's been really cool, and my friends and family also thank you for keeping me in good spirits. I really hope to report that all cancer cells have officially been excised in a few weeks. Cheers

Hell yeah man!!!!!!

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Just saw this thread. Best wishes GCool. :wub:

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Sorry for multiple posts in advance, I'm only on mobile. Anything but laying flat / standing straight up suuuuucks.

Quote:Originally posted by Kinsler@Jun 23 2016, 10:22 PM
glad to hear everything went well GCool Cheers

my only question is... do you get to keep your nut like how if you get a tooth pulled you can keep it Smile)

Hahahaha. Honestly I was looking forward to this part so much that I asked my surgeon. Because they wanted to biopsy the tumor as well as the testicle itself, I actually couldn't keep it. That was perhaps more devastating than losing the testicle in the first place.

<a href='index.php?showuser=353' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Harry</a> that's the coolest way to save it Smile). I was going to just put it in a jar and get an engraving on it, like "Lefty: 9/27/1990 - 6/23/2016".

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Quote:Originally posted by McJesus@Jun 23 2016, 10:25 PM
gud that everything is good. Cheers are u still gud financially?

srry if dis is rude, am drunk

Not rude at all imo! I've honestly never been that great financially. I've been out of school three years, jumping between contracts mostly. I'm just doing it for the experience. Hoping to go back to school or find a great full time opportunity in the next few montha, before I'm no longer on my parents health insurance. I'm lucky enough to come from a well-off household. I haven't used their money up until now, and I'm kinda proud of myself for that, as silly as that may sound.

To be honest the most money I made was being a QC guy at a candy company. I was salaried and apparently great at it. The only problem was I was eating about a pound of candy a day. I hated that I was doing menial bullshit. After 8 months I asked if I could be transitioned to R&D after a few more months, since that was what I was passionate about. My boss pretty much laughed at me and said I was too good at the database stuff for him to lose me. I quit for a contract job a few weeks later. Smile

Good luck with everything GCool! Hopefully you are back up and walking soon. Cant even imagine what kind of pain you are in at the moment :(

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Jun 24 2016, 01:40 AM
Sorry for multiple posts in advance, I'm only on mobile. Anything but laying flat / standing straight up suuuuucks.

Hahahaha. Honestly I was looking forward to this part so much that I asked my surgeon. Because they wanted to biopsy the tumor as well as the testicle itself, I actually couldn't keep it. That was perhaps more devastating than losing the testicle in the first place.

<a href='index.php?showuser=353' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Harry</a> that's the coolest way to save it Smile). I was going to just put it in a jar and get an engraving on it, like "Lefty: 9/27/1990 - 6/23/2016".
RIP Lefty

glad you're doing well now, dude

I'm not sure if I posted in this thread already but

Glad you're okay man, and fuck that testicle as long as you're still alive thats all that really matter bro! Cheers

[Image: 336.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Caillean@Jun 24 2016, 04:49 AM

RIP Lefty

glad you're doing well now, dude
RIP Lefty should be GCool's new username >Smile

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Schultzy@Jun 24 2016, 02:54 AM

RIP Lefty should be GCool's new username&nbsp; >Smile

:lol:

I was hoping to build a fighting reputation with foster and change it to GCruel, but I like this more.

Just keeping everyone updated. Followed up with the urologist today, and the tumor was pretty massive and malignant.

Tumor size: 3.8 × 2.0 x 2.2 cm. Covered half the testicle, no wonder it hurt so fucking much :lol:

Next step - talk to an oncologist. Most likely mild radiation therapy to thwart the spreading of any cancer at the microscopic level into my lymph nodes.

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Jul 8 2016, 09:43 PM
Just keeping everyone updated. Followed up with the urologist today, and the tumor was pretty massive and malignant.

Tumor size: 3.8 × 2.0 x 2.2 cm. Covered half the testicle, no wonder it hurt so fucking much :lol:

Next step - talk to an oncologist. Most likely mild radiation therapy to thwart the spreading of any cancer at the microscopic level into my lymph nodes.

Wow. That sucks, I know you were hoping you might get to avoid that.

Good luck, dude. Cheers Sure you will do great!

Awesome news!

As it turns out, the interference with other systems was limited - so much so that they want to hold off on radiation and just do an active surveillance! Basically this means I'll be in and out of hospitals every quarter for the next 2-3 years, provided it doesn't get worse. Then it'll be time for radiation/chemo, another surgery, etc.

I'm happy to say I've survived cancer! Honestly fuck the urology clinic for assuming the worst instead of just saying "I don't know". Some doctors/lawyers/etc. need classes in social skills.

Now I have to get a tattoo and go skydiving. That's the really scary part. Thank you all for being so supportive of me and my struggle. It's been a really tough few months. I know I'm not completely out of the woods, but this was better news than I could have predicted. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Jul 14 2016, 07:19 AM
Awesome news!

As it turns out, the interference with other systems was limited - so much so that they want to hold off on radiation and just do an active surveillance! Basically this means I'll be in and out of hospitals every quarter for the next 2-3 years, provided it doesn't get worse. Then it'll be time for radiation/chemo, another surgery, etc.

I'm happy to say I've survived cancer! Honestly fuck the urology clinic for assuming the worst instead of just saying "I don't know". Some doctors/lawyers/etc. need classes in social skills.

Now I have to get a tattoo and go skydiving. That's the really scary part. Thank you all for being so supportive of me and my struggle. It's been a really tough few months. I know I'm not completely out of the woods, but this was better news than I could have predicted. Smile

Towel congrats dude! I went parasailing once which was sorta kinda not really like sky diving because the parachute was already opened when you jump. But it was really fun and beautiful from so high up. I bet you would love it.

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]