Create Account

S30 Vancouver Whalers Interested Prospects

<div align="center">[Image: xgjwqs.png]
</div>

Welcome to the Vancouver Whalers' Season 30 Interested Prospect Thread!

We here in Vancouver are diligently working towards becoming a perennial cup contender, and are putting in work to make sure that not only do the Whalers take home the trophy at the end of the season, but that each player learns, and dominates in their SMJHL career.

Last season we took our team to the Four-Star Cup Finals, but unfortunately lost the series. No one expected us to be there but ourselves. We firmly believe that we are capable of winning every single season. We're here to win, and help players grow.

If you think you'd fit in with us with our knowledge, experience and legacy, come join Vancouver!

Code:
Player Name:

Player Type:

Player Page:

Update Page:

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?:

What are your goals for your first season?

Describe what type of player you want to build.

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful?

Will you help contribute to an active locker room?

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)?

Do you have any questions for us?

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Player Name: Kyle Wahlgren

Player Type: Goalie

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=68678

Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=S...=0#entry1925860

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: I would say easily multiple times a day and no reason it should drop.

What are your goals for your first season? My goals are to continue to grow skill wise. With consistency I feel long term I will be an asset to an organization.

Describe what type of player you want to build. I want to build a well balanced goaltender and one who is active within the team as communication is what drives success.

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful? What I really need is direction in regards to how I should properly acquired skill points.

Will you help contribute to an active locker room? Absolutely, with the ability to be on multiple times a day, I have the ability to respond, answer, or ask any questions regularly.

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)? Well outside of playing hockey, I own a web development firm, two hockey pro shops, and a lacrosse equipment manufacturing company.

Do you have any questions for us? What are the short term and long term goals of the Whalers organization?

[Image: Wally.png]

Player Name: Trev Legend

Player Type: Offensive Defenseman

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=68812

Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=68813

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: 5/10. It will most likely raise not drop, I am still new to this site.

I would like to get a few points, and help my team make it to the playoffs in any way I can.

Describe what type of player you want to build: I would like to build a talented offensive D-man that can put up a respectable amount of points in a season. I'd like to be a smart defensive and offensive player.

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful?: I need advice on which stats I should upgrade, and how I can be a better on and off ice player.

Will you help contribute to an active locker room? I can contribute confidence, and I hope I can be the type of player to boost morals.

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)? I can bring knowledge about hockey.

Do you have any questions for us? Nope.

Player Name: Ekaterina Rudnikova
Player Type: Hybrid Goalie
Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=68729
Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=68729
Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: My current level is 9. This may drop because I start classes again in a few months, but I will probably still be at about a 7 for activity level.
What are your goals for your first season? My goals for my first season are to start myself off on the path to become an elite SHL goalie, but also focus on becoming the best goalie I can be while still in juniors. Of course, I would also love to win a Four Star Cup my rookie season.
Describe what type of player you want to build. I want to build a strong and reliable goaltender and give my team the boost they need to win games.
What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful? A bit of direction and guide would never go amiss, as I am still learning the ins and outs of the site. I would also appreciate any guidance in how to build my player to best compete within the simulations.
Will you help contribute to an active locker room? Absolutely. I have the ability to be online and active often, and will bring my enthusiasm every single day.
What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)? I can bring competitiveness and a drive to win, as well as a unique understanding of goaltending, as I have played goalie in various sports for 10 years.
Do you have any questions for us? What will your expectations be for your rookies this year?

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]          [Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: WEd1wid.png]

Player Name: Greta Iversen
Player Type: TWD
Player Page: Player Page
Update Page:Update Page
Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: I’m about an 8/9 right now. University starts August 19th and I’m a full-time student and intern, so it may drop to about a 6-ish once the fall semester starts.
What are your goals for your first season? To be mutually beneficial to both myself and my team -- to grow as a player while also helping my team by using the skills I've gained.
Describe what type of player you want to build. Strong two-way defenseman.
What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful? Definitely help/guidance with numbers -- not my strongest suit.
Will you help contribute to an active locker room? Yes! I’m almost always online in some shape or form, considering I’m in college and I work in the media industry.
What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)? I’m a mass media student trained in print/online/radio/television journalism (you can find my first article here). I’m a student radio DJ and producer and can edit audio pretty well. I’m also good at public speaking and I competed on speech team and went to state finals.

I'm interested bb

Player Name: Pietra Volkova

Player Type: Sniper

Player Page: (S31) LW - Pietra Volkova

Update Page: (S31) LW - Pietra Volkova, Updates

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?:

9-10, and I'm a student, but A) not a concern until the fall, B) I don't foresee it being too much of a problem because I'm on my computer a lot for school

I'd like to either make an impact on my new team from the very beginning, or develop in such a way that I'll be able to do that for my team in the near future.

I want to build the kind of sniper on whom her teams can depend and rely to bring offensive strength and consistent scoring. While she's not intended to be a strong two-way forward, I would like to build her so that she can hold her own defensively and again, not be a liability in any way to her team due to her defensive play.

I think I need good guidance from the organization, the opportunity to be able to show what I have, and leadership from vets to help guide me through unfamiliar experiences. I also think leadership from veterans serves to help me figure out what the right paths are to success in terms of training and my own leadership abilities.

Absolutely! I look forward to it.

I can bring a different perspective on training for the team, as a figure skater, but more importantly, I can bring a sense of dependability and budding leadership to a team that is growing, continuing to grow, and hungry to win. I can bring determination and on-ice as well as off-ice strength, both physically and mentally/emotionally.

Will the Whalers contact us at all before the draft with additional questions or to express interest/lack of it, or will we not hear from you until (if/when) we're drafted?

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Player Name: Ieuan Llewellyn

Player Type: Enforcer

Player Page: (S31) RW - Ieuan Llewellyn

Update Page: Updates bb

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: I've been pretty active before. Reckon I'll pick up where I left off with the right team...

What are your goals for your first season? Maybe to actually score one? Beyond that, just crush and kill people. Business as usual.

Describe what type of player you want to build. A team player that looks for fights, hits, and assists. In that order.

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful? I need GMs and vets to have personality and are happy to spend time chatting shit with me. I don't give a damn about results, honestly, just having fun.

Will you help contribute to an active locker room? Does the Pope shit in the woods?

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)? Your dreams and desires bb.

Do you have any questions for us? Will you be friendly to somebody from Wales despite your reputation of whaling?

Player Name: Kornel Kasparek

Player Type:
Solid offensive defenseman

Player Page: Here

Update Page:
Don't have one

7 right now and school.

Play solid top-4 hockey in the SMJHL

An exciting defenseman to watch

Solid foundation and vision

Maybe

Boring guy so nothing :ph34r:

Nope

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Player Name: Adriana Starosta

Player Type: Offensive defender

Player Page: Player Page

Update Page: Update Page

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: So far, I've been at about a 5-7, and intend to be at a 7-8. When school starts in September I might be more 7 than 8, but I'm hoping to come online every day and check in!

What are your goals for your first season?: I want to continue to improve my player and prepare for the next step in the SHL. A playoff berth wouldn't hurt either!

Describe what type of player you want to build.: A high-scoring defender who can eventually quarterback special teams, and grow into a leadership role wherever I end up.

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful?: Just to be open to lots and lots of questions!! We're rookies, we ask some dumb things sometimes. And as the beginning of the Whalers Interested Prospects thread said, to believe in new, young players!

Will you help contribute to an active locker room?: Yes!

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)?: I'm a naturally competitive and driven person who loves being a team player, thanks to years of volleyball. Also, I'm a journalism student, so I'd love to help out with any team media.

Do you have any questions for us?: How should a player like mine develop to pique the interest of your scouts? What kind of role could this team potentially see for my player?

Player Name: Hylytyr NoRetornable

Player Type: offensive forward

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=68856

Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=68858

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: 6. Life could hit me in the ass, or this league could not stick with me like has happened in the past. We'll see.

What are your goals for your first season? Score goals and win games.

Describe what type of player you want to build. Goalscorer mainly, I guess in the long term a guy that can play some defense as well.

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful? Help mainly, it's a bit tough to navigate this place.

Will you help contribute to an active locker room? Yeah I'll post in an LR.

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)? A ton of sim league experience, otherwise just myself.

Do you have any questions for us? Nah, think I'm good.

Player Name: Alex Reed

Player Type: Two way Center

Player Page: My Webpage

Update Page: Not sure what this is.

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: I just started and I hope not!

What are your goals for your first season? To make a team and learn how to contribute

Describe what type of player you want to build. A dependable two-way center

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful? Patience

Will you help contribute to an active locker room? Yes

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)? Reliability and accountability

Do you have any questions for us? Nope!

Player Name: Thor Skarsgard

Player Type: TWD

Link to Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...0&#entry1935170

Link to Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?&act=ST&f=647&t=68961

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: 8, I'm a grad student. So goes by semester

What are your goals for your first season? 80 in Def, Puck handling, Skating and Endurance

Describe what type of player you want to build. Solid all around two-way D

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful? Just wisdom on how to build

Will you help contribute to an active locker room? Yeah, I'm an easy gong guy

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)? I ike to read and weight lift

Do you have any questions for us? Nope

Player Name:
Brynjar Tusk

Player Type:
Defensive D

Player Page:
Sig

Update Page:
Sig

10, I start college soon but it will be fine.

High +/-, deep playoffs.

Shutdown defenseman.

Put together a good team.

Yes.

Experience.

No

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

Player Name: Reed Laing

Player Type: Sniper

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=68281

Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=68282

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: 9, nope

What are your goals for your first season? Win the Cup

Describe what type of player you want to build. Sniper that plays with some physicality. Ovechkin-type

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful? Id consider myself a veteran, so nothing really

Will you help contribute to an active locker room? In Halifax sure

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)? the Whalers will always have a special place in my heart, but I'm only signing with Halifax

Do you have any questions for us? nope