Create Account

S30 PT 1 (Preseason)

[Image: e4ba59aab0.png]

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

Rage Rage Rage

Quote:With the 31st Overall Pck in the S30 Draft, the Manhattan Rage are pleased to select, from the ST. Louis Scarecrows, defenseman DarryL Landry!

With those words uttered and in te books, the uncertain future of DarryL Landry became a little clearer!

We had a chance to sit down with him and ask a few questions:

Interview with Rage Draftee and Scarecrows Roster Player DarryL Landry

Interview How has your experience been with the ST. Louis Scarecrows?

In a word: Incredible. The GMs Crutch and TML are great with "new to sim league" players and the LR is fly by the edge of your seat comedy. Winning the Prospect Showcase Cup was fun, but winning the Four Star Cup was elation! The three days of after-party was a blur. I woke up in Mexico with three ice bunny girls (crap, i forgot to call them after...)

Interview How did it feel to score the series-winning goal in the 4-Star Cup finals?

Mind blowing sums it up well. The moment I saw it go in to the net the whole world just seemed to go in to slow motion for me. Every smell, sound, seemed to leap out at me as if I was finally in my alotted spot in the world. Being hugged by Kelly Rivet and then the crushing weight of the rest of the team jumping on us in celebration, still reminds me every day what I'm striving for, because one is never enough (thanks Messier, now I'm hungry for Lays chips!Wink

Interview What were your expectations heading into the draft?

In all honesty, they were low. I had gone on a survival training expedition in Nepal (kept my bloody machete from when that Sherpa attacked me at night when delirium was running a muck through our travelling camp one night as a token of judgement to remind me that experiencing death is the only way to live) and returned right before our playoffs so i had fallen down the mock drafts ladder predictions. I knew that in time whoever drafted me would be pleased with my tenacity and team-oriented attitude that i felt secure with myself wherever i would be drafted.

Interview What was your reaction upon getting drafted to Manhattan Rage?

Relief. I had already been in communication with Kez and already had the impression the Rage was the team I wanted to bleed every night for. Scarecrow alum amonst them gave me security in who and what this team could be. It could be home... Home sweet home.

(Shakes hands of the mighty Kez and then plugs in earbuds of iPod as he walks away from interview)
Home Sweet Home

Go http://i57.tinypic.com/bgtq49.png !

http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif Thanks! Have a great season!

There you have it, a promising selection by the Manhattan Rage, who looks to be one of the big steals of the draft!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

The Seattle Riot drafted a stud defensemen to their roster, who they hope can take over for the upsetting news surrounding Quinn Stevenson.

But how good is Orlov, and can he take Quinn spot sooner rather than later?

CK = Checking: 62
PA = Passing: 62
SC = Scoring: 47

We can see here that Orlov is not afraid to throw the body, and has the capability to hit a man with his size, however, he doesn’t seem to do it too often. We also know that Orlov hasn't made a name for himself in the offensive zone. His passing is below average, and can sometimes be a risk with the puck in tight scenarios, and his shooting is awful, he never shoots and if he does, it’s usually wide.

SK = Skating: 72
ST = Strength: 75
EN = Endurance: 70
PH = Puck Handling: 75

However, when you take a look at his skating, you can see he’s got great speed for a kid his age, and has even better strength. Not a lot of defenders in the SMJHL are as strong as Orlov, and he can keep flying and hitting for a while with a solid endurance. The most impressive attribute is his puck handling, for a stay at home defensemen of his age, he can handle the puck very well.

DF = Defense: 80

His strongest upside however is his defending, he is a pro defender, has a high hockey IQ and is not afraid to get in there and win the puck.

[Image: htyNo8M.png]
<a href='index.php?showuser=2243' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Paige</a>

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS