Create Account

S30 PT 1 (Preseason)

THIS PT IS AVAILABLE ONLY FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SENDDOWNS. SMHJL ROOKIES ARE UNABLE TO CLAIM TPE FROM ANY SHL PT.

SHL S30 Preseason PT: Extending a Hand

This PT is worth a maximum of 3 points.

Submission deadline: Must be submitted prior to the first regular season sim (Sunday July 31st). Placeholders are not allowed for this PT.

Grading deadline: Will be graded no later than 3 days after first regular season sim (Wednesday August 3rd).

Written option: Choose an S30 or S31 SHL draftee and do your choice of an interview (min. 3 questions) or write up a spotlight piece. You must meet or exceed the 150 word minimum for either an interview or a spotlight to earn full points.

***Please note that the TPE will be claimable only by the interviewer, not the interviewee

Graphics option: Choose an S30 or S31 SHL draftee and create a brand-new graphic featuring their player (can be stat-based or in the style of a forum signature). Graphic must include their player name, team, and a render.

***Please note that signature-style graphics will not be eligible to be submitted as one of your Weekly Submissions.

If you have any questions, please refer to the PT Rubric

[Image: 57817_s.gif]

Interview with recent WKP draftee Ty Justice Platoon

1. What were your thoughts heading into the draft? Any teams that stood out early?

I was pretty impartial to teams going into the draft, would have been thrilled to be drafted anywhere, but I don't think it's any secret that the Platoon was definitely a franchise I would be overjoyed with being drafted to.

2. When you first got drafted, what was going through your mind?

It felt like the hard work finally paid off. While I know there is still plenty of work to go, being drafted at #3 to a franchise like West Kendall was a pretty special experience.

3. Youve been introduced to the team, any players or personalties that stand out?

Pushkin

4. Goals for your upcoming season with the Knights?

Another championship run. Wit the way we made out in the draft I truly feel that we are a formidable team capable of making a solid run. I am excited to be wearing the A under a captain like Deets, and I am sure that he will lead the team to something special.

5.Describe your play style / a nhl player comparable.

I try to build my playstyle around a defensively focused player who can contribute to offense. I always looked up to guys like Drew Doughty, who can also play a rough physical game and make strong defensive plays which in turn provide the forwards with some more possession time. I want to be someone that a team can depend on to play 25 steady minutes a night, and knows how to weigh down on teams in a 7 game playoff series.

Thanks for your time Ty!

Cheers

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

<div align="center">Ben Dover: The Future of the Steelhawks</div>

Ben Dover was drafted in the 1st round by the Hamilton Steelhawks, He is a dynamic defensemen with one of the highest on ice potential in the entire S30 draft. He is one of the hardest workers in the draft and he is also an post whore that will help create activity in the locker room. He is a calm, chill guy that gives no shits and takes no shits. He projects as a 1st pairing, power-play quaterback that wins hockey games for his team. He is also one of the biggest players in the league history as he is a towering 7 foot 6 and 350lbs, so his size and strength is a strength for this player.

He has a lot of pressure put on him to quickly progress into one of the best rookies of the draft as Hamilton started a rebuild recently and he is one of the first pieces in the rebuild that the team is going to build around. Here is an interview with Dover:

Interview Dover, so what are your thoughts on the rebuild of the Hamilton steelhawks that have happened this season?

Dover: I really don't know, not my job to give an opinion on this as I am not a general manager of this team. My job is just go out and play and help my team win. Right now I am playing in Colorado and I know what to do. My goal is to win for this guys next season and become one of the best defenceman of the SMJHL.

Interview When will you play for the steelhawks?

Dover: I am hoping for next season. My plan is to dominate the SMJHL this season and go to the SHL as a guy that has grown a season and feel that I could PPQB up in the SHL full time, I want to be ready to dominate in the SHL, when I play. I don't want a season where I am just learning and making mistakes and losing games for a team.

Interview Thanks for this Ben Dover.

Code:
361 words

[Image: hallsy.png]

Interview with CampinKiller (S31 Rookie)

1. Have you spoken to many of your new teammates yet? How do you feel about everyone's personalities, in terms of meshing well as a group?

I've spoken to most of them after we started training camp earlier today. I'd already known some of the older guys coming in from juniors or Midget AAA. I think we're meshing well so far, we all are coming in here and want to work towards our goal as a team to win the Four Star Cup this year.

2. What has been your favorite part of the SMJHL thus far, and what specifically are you most excited for?

So far, my favorite part has been the draft. Last night was a great night, the feeling was great, the draft itself was great, and so was the after party. I'm just excited for the season to get started and to start playing some hockey.

3. In terms of players in the NHL, who do you model your game after?

I'd have to say both James Neal and Mike Fisher. I love Fisher's two-way game and physical play, and Neal's goal-scoring ability is a great thing as well.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Comrade to Comrade
by Ivan Koroviev

Ahead of the upcoming season, I took a few moments to sit down with Montreal and Seattle defenceman Viatcheslav Orlov and shoot the shit. I also asked him a few questions.

Koroviev: Zdravstvuyte, Viatcheslav! Thanks for taking the time out to answer my questions. So first of all, how do you feel about being drafted by Seattle?

Orlov: First, thanks for having me! It's always fun to talk to a teammate.

Yeah, Seattle has been absolutely wonderful! I didn't really think I'd fall to #9, as I had some decent conversations with other teams that chose better defenders or traded out, but I ultimately fell to Nikitin's old team. That was something special, and the guys there really accepted me for me. I can be brash, but as Klose (the GM) said, "It's like you never left." I think that says volumes about how much they wanted me and how much I'll be valued. I won't be making the same mistakes Nikitin did, that's for sure!

Koroviev: Do you know where you'll be playing this season?

Orlov: That one's easy. I know Ryan Sullivan is a new GM in Seattle, and this will probably be the first time he's had to deal with the customary Seattle Send-down year. Every rookie gets sent down, no matter the TPE, their first season out of the draft, so I'll be back in Montreal. It won't be that removed from a Riot workout, though, as I'm going to be top line pairing with my Riot prospect friend Ilmäri Määtta, and we've come to be great together in terms of chemistry on and off the ice. Needless to say, I'm happy to be sent back down for a year to be the best I can be coming up next season!

Koroviev: Seattle hasn't won a Challenge Cup since S18; how long do you think Riot fans will have to wait for a repeat success?

Orlov: I'm not sure, Klose has said every year (from what Nikitin tells me) "This is the year!" Somehow, stupid things happen like lines being lost or players retire/leave/are banned. It's a tumultuous ride being a Riot fan, but I think there are good years ahead. We have great guys in the locker room, both old and young, and you have to give credit to Klose for keeping young talent rolling through with veteran experience sprinkled in each line. It's a delicate balance, and with renewed steady goaltending in McFadden (potential ROTY) and Osgoode, we're going to go far.

Koroviev: Why #64?

Orlov: It was the first number I ever wore. When you get into the Russian youth camps, they just hand out numbers. I had always wanted #12 because that is a truly skater number. Like your American football, the low numbers are for fast, skilled guys, and the high numbers, that 50 to 70 range, were really slow numbers. I got pegged with #64 as a slow guy, and I've been trying to break the stereotype that slow numbers mean bad players. It doesn't hurt that Nikitin had the same number, and I think his reasoning was something stupid like the proof of the first bottle of vodka he drank or something, but it's nice to throw a tribute to him.

[Image: 16a5a2-1469632056.jpg]

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

<div align="center">Travis Jeziak Militia </div>

I sat down with Travis Jeziak, a newly-drafted center for the Montreal Militia. Jeziak, a two-way forward from Kladno, Czech Republic, talks about fitting into a new locker room and what he plans to bring to the table for his new team.

1. First things first--tell me how it felt to hear your name called at the draft. Did you have any idea where you might be headed?

It was pretty amazing, it's the team that I was hoping would draft me. I thought it would go down between the Firebirds & Militia.

2. Everyone knew Montreal was on the hunt for defense this draft. You’re a centerman, but one of your strengths is clearly defense. What do you bring to the table as a two-way forward that other draftees might not?

I can win faceoffs pretty well, that's important especially on the PK and in our own end. I can also skate pretty well so opposing players won't be able to just fly past me that easily.

3. The Militia locker room has always been an active one--how do you adjusting to a new group of teammates?

It's a great group, the veterans are a great help and all the rookies are getting along nicely. I'm enjoying it a lot.

4. Prediction time--where do you see Montreal sitting in the standings this year?

At the top, of course!

Hello and Bonjour to all of our listeners. Its Claude Bonhomme here
Today on QRP 93.6 we have one of the newest Montreal Militia with us, Brennan Kennedy.

Brennan Kennedy - Hi there Claude, glad to be here.

CB- So Brennan, let's get right to it. We know you were contacted by quite a few teams in the league. How's it feel joining the Militia

BK- Well Claude, I've gotta say I couldn't be any happier. Coming to a franchise like this that has enjoyed such recent success and lots of it. I think there's a great bunch of guys on this team and really thing we have a legitimate shot at the 4 Star Cup this year

CB- I certainly hope so. I wouldn't mind drawing up another parade route.

BK - Haha me either.

CB- Now, we know what you bring to the table for this club, as far as skills is there anything you plan on focusing on this year?

BK- Yup, I've already been talking to coach and we agreed that maybe I should try to gain a bit more defensive knowledge. I'll be the first to admit I can find the opponents offensive zone, but sometimes I'll lose track of where our own end is.

CB- Good to hear. What are your expectations for this year to come?

BK- I really think this year will be about adding to my skillet and focusing on my weaknesses. The GM's may of drafted me for the player I already am, but I really want to show them the player I can become.

CB- Ah yes. How's the transition to life in Montreal?

BK- A lot easier then I expected. The guys on the team have been very willing to help me out with anything I need or had a question about. It's a beautiful city, not to mention the women. Also I've tried this concoction of fries, gravy, and cheese. I still can't say the name right, but it is some good.

CB- Poutine? It's something else. Never get more authentic then getting it here. Any closing statements tonight before we open up the phone lines to our listeners?

BK- Just wanted to say thanks again to the GM's for picking me and giving me this opportunity. I'd also like to thank the fans for the outpouring of support I've already got, from tweets, to getting recognized on the street. It really is something else.

CB - Alright folks and with that the phone lines are open. Just want to say thanks to Brennan for being able to come down to the studio tonight and also wish him the best of luck in this upcoming season. The phone lines are open. Just want to say thanks to Brennan for being able to come down to the studio tonight and also wish him the best of luck in this upcoming season.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Thanks for sitting down with me, Mr. Wehner, I'm sure the fans out there are dying to get to know their new prospect. I've got a few questions for you which might give them some insight...

Did you have any preconceived notions about your draft pick range going into the draft? Were those, if you had them, based on teams who'd reached out to you... or were you looking at mock drafts leading up to the big night. Perhaps a mix of both?

Before the draft I had absolutely no clue where I would be drafted. Since I had become a member of the possible draft class I thought my stock had gone up quite a lot but I was expecting maybe third or fourth round to be the reality. I guess I felt I was a bit of a wildcard. The goalies before me seemed to be pretty set with Aittokallio, Wahlgren and Rudnikova. I had reached out to every team in the SMJHL prior to the draft and introduced myself and the possibility of playing for each one. Vancouver was a team that never came to me prior to the draft and didn't seem to have a whole ton of interest.

Hearing my name at ten to Vancouver was surprising and extremely exciting. I had not considered them as a big player in acquiring me but it has been an absolute blessing. What a wild ride. I'm proud to be a Whaler.

I've heard some rumblings that some of your rookie draft mates felt you were over drafted? Have you heard that, too? What were their justifications for such claims, and what do you have to say about that?

I have heard these rumblings. I guess what it comes down to is proving myself. I have nothing to prove to them but I have everything to prove to Vancouver. I am extremely lucky to have been taken to a team that has a real shot at winning the Four Star Cup and a place I can call home on my path to the SHL. Everyone seems really excellent here.

Back to me being overdrafted, I feel the assumptions have come from me being a relatively unknown quantity. I joined the draft fairly late and while being extremely active with the press, I haven't had the time to generate buzz like they had. Being a European prospect from a country where Hockey is often secondary. I had struggled to gain press like the other players of my position. I will agree that my skating is fairly weak but every young player has weaknesses. I just need to get my nose down and work on improving each and every day.

What type of player are you trying to put together ultimately? I'm sure you've got that final product imagine in your head, but what will you work on first, in your SMJHL years on your way to greatness?

I want to build a showstopper. When most people say that they mean they want a goaltender that can steal the moment. I want that but I also want to be a guy that goes out there and does his job night in and night out; solidly. I want to be among the best goaltenders ever when mentioned. I want it to seem like I have more than two arms. I want to be a black hole for pucks. A void if you would.

With all of that being said. I need to really focus on my skating. There will be numerous early mornings and late nights to improve my footwork and speed. I want to have as much movement as possible in the crease. Once I get through my weak skating I believe I'll need to focus more heavily on a varied number of much smaller weaknesses. My endurance could be better for sure.

Again, thank you sir for taking the time to answer my questions, I'm sure we're all going to end up seeing you come to the forefront of the SMJHL in short order, and I know for certain we're all rooting for you!

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

Interview with Austrian Right Winger, Brennan Kennedy

1 -- Leading up to the draft, did you have any idea on where you would go in the draft and which teams were interested in you?

I really had no idea were I'd be going. I had a few GM'S speak with me to ask a couple more questions. Although in hindsight I should of realized how interested Montreal was. I had quite a conversation with them.

2 -- What was it like hearing your named called?

Unbelievable. I was nervous all day. Some people might be unhappy with getting picked where I did, but with the amount of depth in this draft it didn't really surprise me. I think there will be a number if great players coming out of this draft.

3 -- What are your goals, both in terms of stats and build for your player, for the upcoming season?

I think 10 goals and 25 assists is a realistic goal. Stepping into this league I don't expect to dominate, but I don't imagine ill be playing to many sheltered minutes either. Build wise, I've been told I should work on the defensive aspect of my game. So I imagine that will be a big focus this season.

4 -- Describe your style of play -- what are your strengths and weaknesses

I am a pass first playmaker. I'm always looking for the open man. As well as making plays out of nothing. Sometimes it does hurt me, growing up I was always told to shoot more, so I'll work on that aswell. The majority of my training this year will focus on my weaknesses. I believe my defensive game could use some work as well as maybe my physicality a bit.

5 -- How has your experience been so far in the SHL and the best thing you like?

My experience has been great. I love how open and helpful everyone is. It's great just to be able to go and chat on the locker room. Or interact with the other players in general.

Thanks for your time Brennan and best of luck this season! Cheers

[Image: wdYMo57.gif]

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

[Image: ozlmno5.png]

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

An Evening with <a href='index.php?showuser=2166' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>akegs</a> of the Montreal Militia and the New England Wolfpack

1. Did you have any idea New England might take you before the draft?

I had an idea, yeah. I was hoping. I’d talked to Eggy and Lil, kinda made it known that New England is where I wanted to end up. Got a little nervous when they traded down to 10th, but it all worked out.

2. What was your first season like in Montreal?

Great. Couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Guys in the locker room were really welcoming, I got a lot of playing time, learned a lot about my game and where I need to improve. Everyone was really supportive, always there if I needed anything. Had a great time.

3. How are you adjusting to life in the NEW locker room?

Laukkanen’s one of my best friends, so I’m just kind of going with it. It’s an active group, and I’m used to that in Montreal, so it hasn’t been too big an adjustment.

4. How do you feel about Montreal's chances this year? New England's?

We picked up a lot of really strong players in the draft. If they keep working, keep training, I think we’ve got a really good chance at going all the way. We already had some depth, and these new guys are just adding to it. And we’ve got our captain, Ilmari Maata, coming back, which is a huge mark in our favor. Same for New England, honestly. I think we’re pretty stacked, and the goalie situation is amazing. Two great players in Tanner and Laukkanen. I definitely see the Pack at the top of the standings and making a deep playoff run.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Interview with Matthew Leetch of the Colorado Mammoths

1. Leading up to the draft, what teams had contacted you? Did you have any idea on where you would be selected on draft day?

I had talks with almost every team except Detroit, Prince George, and Kelowna. I thought maybe St. Louis, but Colorado was my next guess and I'm glad they took me.

2. What was your reaction when the Mammoths had selected you in the draft?

I was thrilled to be drafted by the Mammoths. They seem like a great team and everyone there is really nice.

3. What are your goals for the upcoming season? What do you wish for individually and team wise?

I'd like to improve my player as much as possible, and learn the tips and tricks of the league. I'd also love to help pay back Colorado for drafting me by helping them win Four Star Cup.

4. Though the SHL draft is a while away, are there any teams that stand out to you that you would like to be drafted to?

BluesBoy71 from the Hamilton Steelhawks brought me here and I know him, so I think it'd be pretty cool to go there

5. Do you wish to see your name in the Hall of Fame one day? What do you think you need to do to get there?

It would be a dream come true to be in the Hall of Fame. It'll take plenty of work. I'll need to be an amazing player, and also be part of many successful teams to reach it.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Interview with (S31) Willy Mack of the St. Louis Scarecrows.

Interview What was you and your family's reaction to your name being announced in the S30 SMJHL draft?

MACK: I'm not afraid to admit that I am a pretty emotional guy. When I saw that St. Louis had picked me I just started crying right away. I couldn't help it but tears just flooded my eyes, I don't think I was prepared for the how hard this would hit me. I went into the draft really not knowing who would pick me and I tried my best to just not think about what the moment would feel like when I heard my name. I wanted to just live in the moment and I must say it was unlike anything I've felt before. I will always cherish that feeling.

Although I was crying it was just tears of pure bliss and having my parents by my side really meant everything to me. My parents don't like me talking about them too much but they are my heroes...without their love I wouldn't be much.

Interview How would you define your "playstyle"?

MACK: Win at all costs. I piss people off sometimes out on the ice because I get so caught up in winning. If I score a big goal, I just can't help but explode and celebrate with my team. I know what kind of guys we have in this locker room already and when I see how much work they are putting in, we deserve to celebrate the good moments.

I have always been a shooter, I've been lucky to play with some top playmakers before being drafted here and I just just benefited from their amazing skills. I might be labeled as a Sniper and I guess that's fair but I am not afraid to go to the dirty areas if it means winning, I'm there.

Interview What role do you hope to play in this upcoming season and the following ones?

MACK: I am pretty upfront about my desire to score goals. I don't think I was drafted to play a shutdown role and if I am going to play my game, that means I am going to be putting up offensive numbers. Coming into this first season I am willing to fill any spot on the roster I can to help us repeat as champions. But longer term I do really want to be a top line guy as soon as I am ready.

Interview What are your thoughts on your fellow draftees? Both on St. Louis and on other teams.

MACK: When I came to this draft I must admit I was mostly focused on myself and my agent and family. There were so many other draftees around but I had a lot of meetings with teams so I couldn't really take time to get to know them all.

Now that the smoke has settled a bit I feel so honored to be a member of this draft class. We have so many great people entering the SMJHL this year and I just know a lot of teams are going to be having more fans coming out to fill seats this year. Lot's of star power and just great personalities, the vets better watch out for us!

As for my fellow St. Louis draftees? We are all family now and I can tell you that the shit that goes on in our locker room, although disgusting to some - really binds us together.

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn