Create Account

Zach Evans Pre-SMJHL Draft Presser

FIRST POST - 730 words

[Image: CAR_8475784__Skinner__Jeff.jpg]

<div align="center">ZACH EVANS PRE-DRAFT PRESS CONFERENCE</div>

Hello, everyone. I'm Zach Evans, and I am a right winger in tomorrow's SMJHL draft. I'm from Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Yes, there's still hockey in North Carolina. For now, at least. I've had some success at the recreational level, but I wanted to see how I'd stack up against a deeper, more talented league, and the SMJHL is the perfect opportunity for that. Hopefully, the adjustment period won't be too great, and I'll be able to contribute immediately to whichever team calls my name tomorrow.

At this time, I'll open the floor the questions, as serious or silly as they may be. If nobody makes at least one joke about my home state, I'm going to be disappointed.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2256' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>AtomikMK</a>: You marrying your sister tomorrow?

I knew y'all would not disappoint. Both of my sisters are already engaged, so I'm out of the running. Thanks for asking.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2285' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Tomen</a>: Any weird pre-game rituals?

I don't really have any weird pre-game rituals. I do have a weird ... lucky charm, I guess? The left shoe I wore during my freshman year of high school in marching band travels with my gear. Just the left shoe. It fell off while we were performing at a competition. I outgrew it the following summer, but I kept it with me. It's just a subtle reminder to keep me humble, and always working to improve.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2285' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Tomen</a>: Do you have a team that you really like, even if it is just because of the logo,location or anything else.

The Prince George logo is pretty badass. Blue is more my color, though, so Vancouver has that. Not to mention the Whalers connection for a guy from North Carolina, as much as people from Hartford don't want to hear that. I also have some family in Colorado, so being drafted by the Mammoths would be cool for them. I could probably go on and on. Ultimately, I'm very excited to see who drafts me.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-62'>Nereus</a>: What would you consider the strongest aspect of your game?

As a sniper, the most obvious one is my shooting. However, I take a lot of pride in my conditioning, as well. I'd like to think that is even stronger than my shooting ability, and it's honestly more important. I can't create opportunities or score goals if I'm winded on the bench or taking dumb penalties. I want my teammates to be able to depend on me to contribute for the full 60 minutes, so I take a lot of pride in my conditioning.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-62'>Nereus</a>: On the other hand, what is the weakest aspect of your game?

My physicality, definitely. I need to hit the gym. I'm not going to body too many guys up.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-62'>Nereus</a>: Do you plan on improving your strengths or weaknesses in the near future?

Certainly. I'm looking forward to getting more input through the draft process and ultimately the GM, coaches, and teammates I have, wherever I'm drafted, to figure out the best way to develop professionally.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-62'>Nereus</a>: Do you have any career goals?

Probably not any specific goals, like "I want to tally x number of points." I hope, when my career is over, people say I was a great goal-scorer, but also a great teammate and a great guy on and off the ice.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2328' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>zbelanger</a>: Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Absolutely not.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1163' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>WannabeFinn</a>: Fuck, Marry, Kill with Bojangles, Zaxbys, and Cookout

Can you say "fuck" here? Yes? Ok. Fuck Cookout, Marry Bojangles, Kill Zaxby's.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1322' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-45'>mpc</a>: Why are Memphis Dry-Rub ribs better than Carolina ribs?

Because Memphis isn't stupid enough to include vinegar in the sauce. You will get no argument from me on this point.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2101' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Jenny</a>: What kind of vibe do you bring to a locker room?

I'm a pretty easygoing, happy guy. Hopefully I can bring a little humor to the locker room. But at the same time, I am competitive and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help my team win. Sometimes - and rightfully so, in some cases - snipers can be seen as pretty selfish, only worried about their stats. I'm not going to be that guy. I'll do whatever it takes to help out the team, whether that means playing a different position, changing up my style of play, whatever the case may be.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2101' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Jenny</a>: Could you provide your cutest animal picture?

Click here to say hello to Max and Bella.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

You marrying your sister tomorrow? (whoops, sorry. Wrong state.)

Any weird pre-game rituals?

Do you have a team that you really like, even if it is just because of the logo,location or anything else.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

What would you consider the strongest aspect of your game?

On the other hand, what is the weakest aspect of your game?

Do you plan on improving your strengths or weaknesses in the near future?

Do you have any career goals?

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Fuck, Marry, Kill with Bojangles, Zaxbys, and Cookout

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Why are Memphis Dry-Rub ribs better than Carolina ribs?

What kind of vibe do you bring to a locker room?

Could you provide your cutest animal picture?

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jul 24 2016, 08:43 AM
Click here to say hello to Max and Bella.

SCREAM, SO CUTE

hellooooooooo max and bella :3333

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Bump/Update: I'm about to go to work (boooooooooooooo), but I'll leave the floor open for questions so anyone checking in tonight can ask away. I'll answer those late this evening, and then probably submit it for grading and that sweet, sweet first media bonus, because I'm a poor rookie.

Thanks to everyone who has asked questions so far!

EDIT: Alrighty, guess we'll wrap it up, then!

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jul 24 2016, 02:22 PM
Bump/Update: I'm about to go to work (boooooooooooooo), but I'll leave the floor open for questions so anyone checking in tonight can ask away. I'll answer those late this evening, and then probably submit it for grading and that sweet, sweet first media bonus, because I'm a poor rookie.

Thanks to everyone who has asked questions so far!

EDIT: Alrighty, guess we'll wrap it up, then!
hi

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

What does your player need to improve on the most?

Are you open to spending another season in Detroit?

Who do you have to win the Four Star cup this season, Halifax or Prince George?

How about next season?

Why do the Hurricanes suck so much? :lol:

EDIT: Disregard these. Damn smallwater and his trickery

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Smallwater tricked me into thinking this was still open. What a dick :lol:

My bad. Ignore those last questions lol

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Quote:Originally posted by NYRangers3061@Sep 14 2016, 09:56 PM
Smallwater tricked me into thinking this was still open. What a dick :lol:

My bad. Ignore those last questions lol
Ninja

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by smallwater17@Sep 14 2016, 09:03 PM

Ninja
It's all your fault Tongue

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]