Create Account

Push for the Playoffs

<center>The Playoffs: By Matthew Leetch</center>

<center>[Image: 27wzpqv.png]</center>

<center>In a league where every team makes the playoffs, and every team has a chance to win the Four Star cup, the regular season may not be as important as in other leagues. Obviously, it determines positioning for the playoffs, but all you have to do is get in, and you have a chance.

The playoffs will be a new challenge for all the new rookies in the SMJHL. Matthew Leetch of the Colorado Mammoths is especially excited for the postseason to start.

Quote:"You know, obviously this season hasn't been the best for us, but the playoffs is a new season, a fresh start. I'm looking forward to playing in the really big games, doing my best, and hopefully seeing some good results. As I said, it's a clean slate and we've got to take advantage. Years from now, people won't look back in the record books at who was eighth or who was first, they'll look at who won the championship. So, while our chances at first place in the regular season are gone, we still have a chance at wining the Four Star Cup. And our chances of winning that are exactly the same as everybody else's. That's exactly what I'm looking forward to, being on level ground."

Leetch remembered his experiences watching playoff hockey from his time back in New York. He'd attend many Rangers games at the Garden and went to nearly all the playoff games played at MSG.
Quote:"Growing up in New York, and playing hockey there before I moved to Colorado after the Mammoths drafted me, I went to a lot of Rangers playoff games. I was at every game of the 2014 run to the Stanley Cup Finals, and just to see the way the city rallied around the team was amazing. And I know Colorado will do the same, because they care about this team, and so do I."

He also spoke about his memories of playing playoff hockey.
Quote:"I know what it feels like. I've played in big games. I've won big games and I've lost big games. I won a championship, but I also lost two. It's an emotional rollercoaster. You just have to not let it get to you. Take it one game at a time. Don't look at it as a tournament or a series, just as a game."

The regular season is a time to develop chemistry, figure out the line combinations, and get wins, but getting wins in the playoffs are the most important thing for Leetch.
Quote:"I truly care about my teammates and the success of the team as a whole. So the fact that we have this opportunity in front of us is fantastic and exciting, we just have to take advantage."

He also hopes he does well personally, as he knows his play this season has not lived up to the expectations of many, including his own.
Quote:"I'm not playing as well as I wanted or hoped to. I need to be better. The playoffs are a perfect chance to do that. And if I could find some personal success in the playoffs, I'm sure that would help me team out."

Lastly, Leetch says that while he's nervous, he's excited to put this rough season behind him and get a shot at the first cup since S27 for Colorado.
Quote:"In the end, I really don't care about how many points I get, or if I win any awards. All I care about at the end of the day is that I'm out there parading around the Four Star Cup with 21 of the best teammates and best friends I could ever want."

"Let's get to work Colorado!!"
-Matthew Leetch

Mammoths Mammoths </center>

Code:
628 Words

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Good luck!

Cheers

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by vbottas17@Aug 20 2016, 09:38 PM
Good luck!

Cheers
Thanks. You too Smile

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Loser.

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by daBenchwarmer@Aug 21 2016, 07:17 PM
Loser.
How long did it take you to get your first point again? And how many do you have right now? Don't think I'm the loser here.

:lol: jk <3 you Kaisey Wink

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

Nice article Smile Excited to face off against the Mammoths soon!

Quote:Originally posted by WhereIsWatkins@Aug 21 2016, 08:33 PM
Nice article Smile Excited to face off against the Mammoths soon!
Thanks!!

Looks my forward to it. Cheers

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

Interview Who do you think will be the next Captain in Colorado?

Interview Do you think you can make a cinderella run in the playoffs?

Interview Is there any player who currently plays on another team that you would like to have on your team?

Interview Any SHL teams you already like or would like to get drafted?

Interview How many more season would you like to play in the SMJHL?

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Quote:Originally posted by NYRangers3061@Aug 21 2016, 09:18 PM

How long did it take you to get your first point again? And how many do you have right now? Don't think I'm the loser here.

:lol: jk <3 you Kaisey&nbsp; Wink

ur a loser bcuz i get more playing time.

#getfucked #dicksoutforquinn

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Tomen@Aug 22 2016, 07:49 AM
Interview Who do you think will be the next Captain in Colorado?

Interview Do you think you can make a cinderella run in the playoffs?

Interview  Is there any player who currently plays on another team that you would like to have on your team?

Interview  Any SHL teams you already like or would like to get drafted?

Interview  How many more season would you like to play in the SMJHL?

We have a lot of great on ice players and off ice leaders. I think we'll go with three alternat s to finish out the year. Probably adding Ben Dover/Martin Svensson/Tord Yvel as the new assistant along with me and Hagan.

I think anything is possible. Obviously it will be harder without Stamkos, but we did go 3-0 yesterday. All that needs to happen for us is that we get hot at the right time.

Probably Isaac Kaiser. He's a great player and person (except when he calls me a loser :lol: ), great personality, and he seems like he'd be a good locker room presence. He has had a little bit of a rough year, so maybe a change of scenery would help him out.

There's a lot of great teams out there. The only team I talked to so far was the Rage and I told them I was interested (obviously it would be awesome to play back home in New York City).

I'll probably leave that up to whoever drafts me, but if they want me to make the decision, I'll have to see where I'll fit in the lineup. Obviously I like be it in Colorado and they've treated me well so it wouldn't be horrible to come back down and help the team and mentor some rookies.

Thanks for this. I'll use this in my end-of-season press conference Smile

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

Quote:Originally posted by daBenchwarmer@Aug 22 2016, 08:37 AM

ur a loser bcuz i get more playing time.

#getfucked #dicksoutforquinn
You got me there :lol:

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]