Create Account

Wolf Lands in Manhattan

<div align="center">[Image: zXAr8f2.gif]
Sven Wolf tips in a PGF goal</div>

It seems like just yesterday - one of Banackock's players were lacing up his skates for the Manhattan Rage chasing the holy grail dream. It was, actually, a short while ago that Magnus Jakobsen hung up his skates with the Manhattan Rage and said good bye to the SHL and all it had to offer him. However, a new player through Banackock's Agency has landed in Manhattan and all parties included couldn't be more thrilled.

The young winger, selected in the later 40's of the draft, is poised and excited to be joining an organization which once was called home to one of his swedish friends and mentor, Magnus Jakobsen. Throughout his later years of his career, Jakobsen helped mentor S en Wolf into the great junior players he's become. Often, on those backyard ice sessions in Sweden, Jakobsen would tell Wolf just how great of an organization Manhattan truly is. During an interview, Wolf reminisced about those talks with Magnus on those cold winter days.

"The thing he stressed most is that to enjoy the league to the fullest and feel like you're doing it for the enjoyment and love of it rather than it feeling like a job was to find a place that you could call home. That the boys in the Locker Room and management were the biggest factors to any teams success and he stated that in Manhattan, you couldn't find a better place to be. I don't know how many times we'd hear him stop the puck and tell stories about how General Manager Kez was truly the guy to lead the team to a cup, or how he has such incredible experience and hockey smarts.

He talked highly of the Manhattan Rage and the only negative thing he expressed was that he was afraid to retire. That he would have wished that he had worked harder to stay in the league longer. He was always proud of his accomplishments and numerous awards and player rankings, but you could just tell for a short while it was really hard for him to leave the organization.

And because of that feeling, it was something I really wanted to be apart of and am happy that I get to be."

<div align="center">[Image: j4q6Jys.gif]
Wolf with the snipe late in the 3rd in 2nd round playoffs</div>

Sven Wolf comes into the Rage's organization slightly above 300 tpe. He's be known to be a big goal scorer with an amazing talent for controlling the puck. The very late draft pick has stated numerous times that he will be the guy to climb the rankings in the SHL S31 Entry Draft rankings over the next season and few seasons to come. Although taken in the later 40's, he thinks it was a big mistake for him to fall that far down the list. With more on that, here's Sven's player Agent, Banakcock.

The kid is a great player. He has excellent talent and his work ethic is very good. He's never missed an opportunity to train or to get better other than maybe one or two opportunities.

With my last player I was in control of, he went late in the junior draft and 8th overall in the SHL draft. He ended up coming out of that draft as the highest TPE earner and the one with the most accolades when he retired. It was a shame he couldn't get a cup.

But Sven Wolf is going to bring many great thing to the Manhattan Rage organization and has seen and witnessed Magnus Jakobsen give it a final push - have an excellent year and FINALLY seen the Rage make the playoffs. He's seen the love the team has in the LR's, heard so many great things. The kid is beyond happy to be there and with discussions with him - based off management staying the same - as well as the team, he could be there for a very, very long time"

With whatever comes of the young player, we can almost promise that the 48th OV means nothing and that he will surely climb his way into the top 15 as time goes on. Understandably, it was a deep draft, but we know with his work ethic and behind Banakcock and Jakobsen's leadership, he is bound to find great success in the SHL.

<div align="center">[Image: 1377364900_ovie_dance.gif] </div>

Ilike

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by Waters@Sep 24 2016, 06:20 PM
Ilike
Pretty big fan of it too. Good luck in SEA.

Say waddup to 701 for me Wink

Quote:Originally posted by BANACKOCK@Sep 24 2016, 10:29 PM

Pretty big fan of it too. Good luck in SEA.

Say waddup to 701 for me&nbsp; Wink
I'm in HAM, can't tell if I should be offended or not

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by Waters@Sep 24 2016, 07:31 PM

I'm in HAM, can't tell if I should be offended or not
For some reason, I read your drop down and still said that.

Be offended. Be very offended.

Nah. Good team in HAM. Good GM from the looks of it. I played there many moons ago. Ninja

Rage Goal Rage Goal Rage

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway