Create Account

Lights Out: SMJHL Career Wrap-Up Presser

Quote:READY FOR GRADING - 5227 WORDS

<div align="center">Light to Enter SHL Next Season</div>

[Image: bell-sports-complex-brendan-gallagher-nh...erence.jpg]

Following the successful conquest of his 2nd consecutive title as Captain of the Kelowna Knights, Alex Light sat with the press in what will be his final SMJHL presser. The iconic sniper, who finished his season with 34 goals and 63 points, has signed a contract extension with the West Kendall Platoon earlier in the year and will be heading down to Florida to begin his journey across the SHL.

To summarize his junior career:

Code:
GP: 150 | G:67 | A:65 | P:132 | ±:44 | PIM: 47| HIT: 121 | SHT: 484

Trophies & Awards
S30 Laurifer Trophy                  
S30 Riko Muerto Award (KEL - Most Underrated)            
S31 Laurifer Trophy                  
S31 Occasus Trophy                  
S31 Roberto Martucci Trophy    
S31 Brandom Holmes Trophy
S31 Four-Star Cup
S31 Elias Armia Award (KEL - Regular Season MVP)
S31 Miikka Granlund Award (KEL - Best Leadership)
S32 SMJHL All-Star
S32 Roberto Martucci Trophy
S32 Occasus Trophy    
S32 Four-Star Cup

Interview Generic Interviewer: You’ve won so much in the SMJHL. Is there something you regret not winning?
Honestly, I’d say I was a bit sad for being beat to the overall scoring title the last two seasons, but such is life and you can’t win ‘em all. I’d say I got enough team and individual hardware to compensate for that.

Interview Generic Interviewer: What has been the most defining moment of your junior career?
Most definitely winning that very first Four-Star Cup. The feeling of having become a champion had not sunk in until I lifted the trophy over my shoulders. We had a very special group in the locker room that year and everything fell in the right place for us. Being able to repeat this feat the very next year with a different group of players was nothing short of amazing and a privilege of being here.

Interview Generic Interviewer: What are your goals for your rookie season as a member of the Platoon?
If I said I’d go into the next season with only learning the ropes in mind, you’d call me a liar. And you’d probably be right. My goal is to be able to contest for the [Ryan] Jesster [Trophy] in my first season. I still have it in mind to prove to all the other GMs in the league that they were wrong to let me drop so far down the draft back in Season 31.
--------------------------------------

<div align="center"><a href='index.php?showuser=2101' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Jenny</a></div>
What will you miss most about the city of Kelowna?
I’ll definitely miss the fans of the team who have been supporting us from the moment we were all drafted. Being a member of the Knights is more than just being part of a team. It’s being part of a giant family that spans beyond the confines of the arena and game nights. The fans are what make us want to perform day in and day out so we go out of our way to ensure they get the best out of us. I personally got to know a bunch of them while going around the city in my days off and I wish them all the best. So yes, I will definitely miss the fans the most from the city of Kelowna.

Will it be emotional for you to leave the waffle maker in Knouse's hands?
The waffle maker was handed to me by our previous captain, Dieter Dominique, and I’ve used it plenty of times to make waffles for our team, since I only make them when we win. Whoever I hand it over to, be it Knouse or someone else, will have big shoes to fill as they’ll have to take over a tradition and keep it going for the rest of their time in Kelowna. It will definitely be an emotional handing-over of the waffle-maker.

Cory Knouse (<a href='index.php?showuser=2363' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>ckroyal92</a>) can be heard shouting somewhere in the background… “So its official, I'm captain??”

*yells back* NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE BUD!
*journalists laugh*

<div align="center"><a href='index.php?showuser=2280' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>daBenchwarmer</a></div>
"Hi Mr. Light, I'm Greg Anderson from the Kelowna Tribune. A few questions here.

Q. Have you been in contact with any of the Platoon players or management for your jump next year, just so it is not as rocky as some of the other transitions we've seen in the past few seasons?
Hey Greg, I’ve been in constant contact with Platoon management ever since the day they drafted me. Every couple months we go over my performance and what aspect of my game I should improve. I’ve had the chance to speak to past Knights who now play for the Platoon, such as [Ales] Smirnov, [Mikko] Linna and [Ty] Justice who have really helped me during the pre-season training camps. I think the jump from the juniors to the SHL will be rocky at the start for any player to some extent but I think that I’ll be well surrounded and the transistion will be smoother than other players on other teams.

Q. What are your goals when you enter the SHL?
My first goal is to get that first SHL career goal as soon as possible. After that it’s helping the team make it to the playoffs once more. Ideally I would love to challenge for the Jesster but I think certain players have an inside track on me. It’ll be up to me to prove to all these teams that didn’t draft me in my draft year that they made a huge mistake. A mistake I intend on making them regret for seasons to come.

Q. Favourite moment from this past season in the SMJHL?
All of them! More seriously, I think that being able to win a second Four-Star Cup was the highlight of the season. With the departure to the SHL of Wilson and Otto as well as Aittokallio, we knew we would have a harder time going into the season and teams such as the Firebirds, the Raiders, even the Falcons and the Militia were right there in the hunt come late season. We still managed to navigate through all the difficulties and challenges to get to the finals. It wasn’t the finals matchup everyone expected but we were very satisfied with it and we celebrated just as much as when we won last season.

Q. How are you looking to translate your dynamic offensive game to the SHL? We've seen a few offensive players forced to switch their playing styles due to coaching strategies or simply because they weren't able to recapture their magic.
I’ve been told by Platoon management that they want me there as a sniper on the ice. I will have to translate my game from junior level to pro level but I’ve been given the liberty in the way I approach it. I will of course change my style if the team needs me to but I plan on sticking to being a winger for my entire career. I think that a lot of players that didn’t manage to recapture their strengths from the juniors forget that it’s not a race to the top; it’s a marathon. The magic will come back as you improve yourself.

Q. Favourite teammate on the Knights and why?
If I answer this I know plenty of other teammates that will be mad that I didn’t choose them. I do however have a soft spot for the teammates that came out of my draft class.

Q. Who are you looking forward to facing in the SHL?
Similar to the answer I gave you in the previous question. I do look forward to facing players from my draft class and see how I compare to them. Quite a few of them went up after only two seasons in the juniors so they’ve had the chance to adapt to the SHL. I’ll be going in fresh and we’ll be seeing whether the decision to stay an extra season down was the correct one or not for my development.

Thank you for your time Mr. Light! Good luck in the future from all of us in Kelowna!"
Thank you Greg for coming to ask these questions!

<div align="center"><a href='index.php?showuser=2363' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>ckroyal92</a></div>
Early awards predictions for next season have you as the front-runner for Rookie of the Year. Why should I pick you? And if not you, who's your biggest competition?
I have no idea why I would be the front-runner for Rookie of the Year honestly. I think that rookies on rebuilding teams will have a greater shot at the Jesster since they’ll be sure to get more playing time than I will. If you look back at my rookie junior season no one would believe that I would be winning any individual hardware. I believe it’ll be the same thing in the pros and before long I’ll be at the top. Front-runners? I’d give players like Laing & Iqbal a leg-up on me as of now as they’ll be playing a much more important role on their respective teams comparatively.

<div align="center"><a href='index.php?showuser=2408' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>XLeafer</a></div>
Will you miss me?
I’ll miss everyone on the Knights once I leave for Florida. But I’ll make sure to welcome you to the Platoon family once it’s your turn to graduate from the SMJHL

What was your favourite moment in junior? least?
That very first season winning the Four-Star Cup was something special. We had such a dominant team that season that we swept most of the awards and hardware. Of course things seemed easy on the outside looking in but that group of people that we had came together quickly as we recovered from our worst moment in juniors; getting swept in the playoffs by the Firebirds in the S30 playoffs. To reach new highs, we had to reach new lows. From that loss we got two seasons of success.

Do you think you'll do great with the WKP?
Due to the nature of my game, I think I’ll do great wherever I end up playing throughout my career. I do believe that I’ll do great on the Platoon, if not in my first season, in seasons to come after it. My game is offensively oriented and I’m decently responsible defensively that I’m not too much of a liability on the ice. On the Platoon I think that by starting down the line-up will give me more liberties and opportunities to shine from the get go. To this I have to say I’ll do great with the West Kendall Platoon over the course of multiple seasons.

Are you going to continue eating waffles?
Even if I’ll be handing over the Waffle Maker to the next captain of the Knights, I’ll buy myself a new one to bring to West Kendall with me (or you know, buy one there or something). Perhaps we’ll be able to bring the Waffle tradition to the SHL as well. But yes, I plan on continuing the waffle on mornings after a win tradition at least for myself, and maybe other ex-Knights.

<div align="center"><a href='index.php?showuser=1484' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Ohtaay</a></div>
Early thoughts on your upcoming shl season. Individually, and team wise?
Individually I think that I’ll be able to put up a decent season for a rookie. Maybe not Jesster worthy but definitely in contention for it. I think that early predictions have me scoring between 18 and 23 points which is a bit lower than I’d like to but I think I’ll be able to beat these odds and aim for 30 points.
As a team I think that we’ll be able to contest for first place in the conference. The team has not lost much in the current off-season and will be doing just a small re-tool to patch the loss of certain players that have decided to try their luck on a different team. Once the playoffs come around, it’s a new season and it’s much too soon to take it into consideration as of now.

What nickel back song have you been jamming to lately?
Due to a freak incident with my neighbours, involving a broken stereo, a frozen waffle and some green & gold paint I have been banned by the City of Kelowna from listening to any Nickelback songs for the rest of my time in this city. This is also in place should I come back to visit in the summer.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

<div align="center"><a href='index.php?showuser=2077' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ej27</a></div>
Who are you most looking forward to playing with on WKP?
I’m looking to play with everyone on the Platoon. I don’t think there is a person I’m not looking forward to playing with. If I had to give it someone in particular maybe Ty Justice because he’s the only one I’ve actually played a season with, in juniors, with so I have a point of reference to measure myself against.

How do you think you'll slot into the lineup?
I think that I’ll initially start off on the 3rd line, giving me enough ice-time and freedom to produce results. Perhaps I might get some time on the special units but that’ll be up to my performance at the start of the season I think. If things go well I see things staying the same because why change a winning combination. If things don’t go too well I can see myself maybe on the 2nd line if the team decides to shake things up. Either way, I’ll be where the GM and coach feel I’ll perform best.

Thoughts on the upcoming draft? Do you think WKP will be able to fill all of their positional needs?
I think that the Platoon does have a solid set of picks coming into the draft. With two first round picks (8th OA & 13th OA) there is certainly a good chance to fill the positional needs of the team. But like past drafts, both SHL and SMJHL, it will all depend on how those players develop. In some way it’s just a roll of the dice to see whether a player can eventually make it in the SHL or if they become inactive and bust out of existence. I know the team has done their homework and there are plenty of opinions on who we should draft at both spots but ultimately it’ll depend on who is available when it’s our turn to pick.

Glad you were able to end your juniors career with a bang?
That’s the best way to end a junior career. Nothing like moving on with back to back Four Star Cups, back to back Roberto Martucci trophies and a feeling of a job well done. I can say with confidence that I have no regrets I leave behind.

<div align="center"><a href='index.php?showuser=2143' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>akamai</a></div>
What are you most looking forward to about receiving your call-up?
The chance to hit the ice with the Platoon in an official SHL game. I had the chance of being able to play in the pre-season last year and it showed me what I clearly lacked to make the team that season. Now that I know I’ll be on the team I really want to get through training camp and the pre-season and be on the roster for opening night.

Which teammates are you most sorry to leave behind in KEL?
Funny enough, I can’t be sorry to leave anyone behind as I leave them with them having won at least one Four-Star Cup. That’s just the nature of the beast that is the SHL and its development league. I will however feel a bit sorry for any player from my draft class on the Knights that fail to make their respective teams. I think that after these last three seasons together, every single one of them deserves to make the SHL jump.

Got any big plans for the off-season?
Finding an apartment, buying a new waffle-maker, and off-season training are the main plans for the off-season. I do plan on taking a few weeks of vacation in Montreal to visit my family and friends and to give them some tickets to come see me play in Florida.

PB&J or Nutella and Fluff?
None of those will ever compare to the greatness that is Maple Syrup.

Which animal would you be and why?
Any in the big cats family. I have the same lazy attitude when not hunting, for goals, and I do pounce on an opportunity if given to me. I think this is the best answer I could give you in this case.

How do you think KEL is set up for next season?
I think people don’t realize the depth of the system in Kelowna. Sure they’ll start out a lot weaker than they were in the last two seasons and perhaps they might not make it to the Four-Star Cup finals but they’re set to make the playoffs comfortably in my opinion and perhaps make it out of the first round. With Thompson getting better and better in nets and led by Knouse, Rielly and Langabeer in the front they have all the tools they need to make a good run next season.

What's the next step for you in your career? Got any bigger plans/goals?
Well the next step begins soon and that’s going to West Kendall and joining the Platoon. I plan on being there for the foreseeable future. My goals will always be to aim for the top prize, and that’s the Challenge Cup. Eventually, in a few seasons, I want to be able to challenge for the Jay McDonald trophy (most goals in a season) This season I want to be able to challenge for the Ryan Jesster trophy and I do believe I can make a case for it by playing on the Platoon.

I know KEL is all about waffles, but what's your favorite breakfast cereal?
Let me introduce you to Kellogg’s Eggo Cereal. It’s a cereal waffle. You thought you could get me? But the dark reality is that waffles are everywhere; even in cereals!

What's your most immediate short-term goal now that your juniors career has come to a close?
Win ROTY in the SHL. I have to prove all these teams that passed me over in the SMJHL that they’ve done a terrible mistake. A mistake I plan on making them pay for, for multiple seasons to come.

Who's your competition for ROTY in your mind?
Definitely Reed Laing. She and I have been running the show in the SMJHL for the last season and we’ll definitely be running the show in the SHL in a few seasons from now. I think that there might also be a challenge from Joe Kurczsewski (however that’s spelled), in Calgary and Samee Iqbal in Minnesota. They’re all definitely in the running by being in teams that can provide them the depth they need to succeed or the ice-time to give them a shot at the Jesster.

<div align="center"><a href='index.php?showuser=2285' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>Tomen</a></div>
Do you think your number will be retired in Kelowna?
Do I think it will be? That I cannot answer as it is not up to me. Would I like to see it retired? Yes definitely that would be an incredible honor if something like that happened. But once again, that decision is not up to me and lies solely with management.

Who do you think will be your hardest opponents to win the Jesster in S33? you can't say Laing
I’ve said it above in response to another question but any rookie that will be getting significant ice-time (Laing, Iqbal) or that is well surrounded by active players (Kurczsewski) has a good shot at the Jesster. I don’t know who are all the players going up this season but I expect to see more challengers come out of the woodwork come the regular season.

How will Kelowna do next season? I heard they are losing some key players like Iqbal and you?
Kelowna might dip a little but I believe they still have all the tools needed to succeed and make the playoffs. There will definitely be a loss in strength at the start but that is the nature of the SMJHL and no team is safe from the yearly call-ups.

Predictions on which teams won't make the playoffs next season ? SMJHL & SHL

I think you’ll see much the same as last season in the SMJHL. I think there might be a few changes in the SHL but I think it’s too early to give a good prediction on who will and will not make the playoffs in either league.

Do you think Austria will be able to get into the Medal Round this season?
I think that this season the main goal will be to make it out of groups. A significant portion of our players are graduating from the SMJHL this year (and are therefore in the sim as 350 tpe players) and will definitely be a good addition to the Austrian team the next year. I believe we’ll be able to challenge for medals from the next year onwards.

Who will have a better S33 season you or Volkova?
I’m willing to give this one to Volkova as she’s been in the SHL for a season already. I think that the experience she’s gained over that season will definitely help her be a more effective player than I will be at the start of the season. I think that will be the main difference between us. Otherwise we play a very similar style of game even though she tends to be more physical than I am.

Which team will end their SHL playoff drought first? BUF or POR?
I think Buffalo will be the team that makes the playoffs first between the two teams. However, the season that Portland makes the playoffs, I expect them to hold onto that playoff spot for more consecutive seasons than the Stampede will hold onto theirs due to the way they’re building up their roster with all that youth movement.

Do you think about buying a house near West Kendall since you signed that long ass contract extension and are you glad to go from the cold weather in Kelowna to the nice Florida weather?
Are four seasons really that long? I will definitely be buying an apartment or a townhouse in West Kendall, preferably near the practice rink. I do enjoy the cold weather in Kelowna. I grew up with the knowledge that the cold tempers the mind. I hope that I don’t suffer too much in the Florida heat as I’m not one known for being good with handling the heat and humidity.

<div align="center">@GroupMeIsKindaOkay</div>
Of all of your SMJHL accomplishments, what are you most proud of (other than the back to back Cups)?
My back to back Roberto Martucci trophies and being the team captain of the Knights during those Cups. I wanted to be a dominant goal scorer from the day I announced my SMJHL Draft eligibility and the fact that I managed to lead the goal scoring race for two years running shows that my success in that department has been consistent. Being the captain of a team is a big responsibility and one that I have thoroughly enjoyed.

You were recently labeled the #1 prospect in hockey by Vbottas magazine. Are you concerned with some of the pressure that comes with the hype?
Honestly I’m not too concerned with any hype and pressure that is made about me. Do I enjoy it? I mean who doesn’t enjoy being praised. Am I concerned with that pressure that comes with it? Definitely not. Pressure is something that every professional hockey player has to deal with. It’s part of the job and I’ll be sure to play my own game night after night and not be concerned with what the media and the general public thinks of my performance. This is after all my rookie season in the SHL and there should not be any pressure to perform in one’s rookie season.

Do you ever want to punch Samee in the head?
I’ll be honest, there were times early on where I did feel like doing that. But I think that everyone’s had good and bad days where they feel like punching someone in the head or something. That’s what happens when there’s a bunch of guys on a team. I think that the Samee people see in public is very different from the one we see in the team’s locker room.

<div align="center"><a href='index.php?showuser=2485' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Sorator</a></div>
What do you think of the recent changes to the SMJHL playoffs?
I wasn’t too thrilled when they were announced but after a season of seeing them implemented I think that they do bring some form of competitiveness to the regular season. We also saw more trade deadline deals than before as teams out of the playoffs tried to pick up early draft picks to win in the future and front teams push for higher end players on those weak teams. It’ll definitely create a cycle between what teams are at the top and which teams are rebuilding in a few seasons from now.

Looking back, is there anything you would like to have done differently in the past season?
I wouldn’t change a single thing. When you win the Four-Star Cup you don’t want to change anything that you did since what you’ve done has been the right thing to do.

Which teammate (send-down, rookie, or both) do you think stood out the most this season, on or off the ice?
I think that the player who stood out the most to me was Cory Knouse. He wasn’t among the highest point scorers on the team but he shined off the ice and became a real leader in the locker room. The team voted him in to wear one of the ‘A’s on the ice and this was a great decision. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for him the day he graduates to the SHL.

How do you think WKP will do in the upcoming SHL draft? Do you have a good idea of who management has their eye on? (Don't have to say names if you don't want to.)
I won’t say names out of respect for the team but I think they’ll be looking for future talent down the middle and on the blue line. I have some form of idea when I talked to management as to who made the list of pleyaers being targeted. However the draft is also dependent on other teams ahead of us which will decide who we end up drafting.

How many goals do you expect to score in the Fantasy Series?
I’m not entirely sure of how good I’ll be; I’ve shown some difficulty in best of series but I’ll give myself a good 5-8 goal margin depending on whether we move ahead to the finals or not.

<div align="center"><a href='index.php?showuser=1164' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>JHS</a></div>
Describe your ideal breakfast?
Waffles piled high and drenched in maple syrup. A healthy breakfast for any aspiring goal scorer.

Favorite part of the Platoon?
How friendly the whole team is. It really makes it feel like you’re a part of a large family. Coming from the Knights where I had a similar feeling for the past 3 seasons I think this is a great quality to have once more.

Thoughts on the finals?
The SMJHL Four Star Cup finals were great for us. We were confident in making it through the western conference playoffs but were adamant about having to face the Raiders in the finals as they had shown clear dominance over every other team throughout the regular season. Seeing the Falcons pull out a major upset in 7 games was great for us. We were a lot more confident in solving the Anderson riddle than having to face the goal machine that were the Raiders. I think though that the Falcons didn’t come unscathed from their bout with Halifax and that played into our favour as Detroit definitely looked tired coming into Game 1 of the Cup Finals. The rest, they say, is history.

<div align="center"><a href='index.php?showuser=2031' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Raven</a></div>
I hate you and your scoring
Haters gonna hate. Can’t do anything about it.

<div align="center"><a href='index.php?showuser=2098' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>bilbo</a></div>
Are you and tweeds still going to do SMJHL draft podcasts even though you're both SHL stars now (or will be)?
Tweedle and I are planning to do every SHL AND SMJHL Draft podcasts for the foreseeable future. It gives us a chance to bring in more guests from around both leagues to give their thoughts on a variety of topics all while we cover the current draft. I think that bringing in different guests every time keeps the show fresh enough both for us, the hosts, and for the viewers.

Is Light going to make waffles with Mikko Linna?
Waffles and waffles and maybe more waffles. Did I mention Waffles? Because I’m not entirely sure I mentioned waffles. There might also be goals scored and waffles.

How is Light going to feel facing Dieter Dominique the first time the Platoon face the Pack in S33? Do you think Deets will take him out to dinner before the game?
I think it’ll be more fun than emotional to face my former juniors captain when we face the Wolfpack for the first time that season. I think that Deets and I will have some food together after the game if anything. Before the game I’d rather prepare for a match and wouldn’t go out for fun.

<div align="center"><a href='index.php?showuser=2238' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Pris</a></div>
Who are you looking forward to playing alongside the most next season?
I’d love to be able to play with everyone on the team at some point. As I said a bit earlier I would love to play with former Knights and also play with players from my draft class. I like to be able to measure myself to players within a season of my draft year to know how good or bad my progress is comparatively.

Favorite Discord you're in, and why?
Oh boy, there are just so many discords to talk about. I’ll give you two discords that were significant in me staying active on the boards and got me to where I am today with my player. These two discords are discords I love being a part of and hope that other discords will become just as good and entertaining as these are/were:
The Wolf’s Den (S31 SHL Draftees) was amazing early on and was definitely the resource I used the most to work my player into what he’s become today. I also had the chance to meet some great people on there. It is a bit of a shame that as players got drafted to their SHL teams, and some others became inactive, the activity in it dwindled to a smaller group of regulars. It is still an entertaining discord just not as much as before.
The Knights Discord is the one I spend most of my time in, even if I don’t post as much as my past 2 seasons. Ej27 and Jenny helped me out so much in my first season and I got to fix my build to make it work and become the goal scoring machine that Alex Light has become today. It is also where I got to know many wonderful people such as Bilbo, tweedle, twils, enigmatic, oats and many others with whom I still interact to this day.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

What will you miss most about the city of Kelowna?

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

"Hi Mr. Light, I'm Greg Anderson from the Kelowna Tribune. A few questions here.

Q. Have you been in contact with any of the Platoon players or management for your jump next year, just so it is not as rocky as some of the other transitions we've seen in the past few seasons?

Q. What are your goals when you enter the SHL?

Q. Favourite moment from this past season in the SMJHL?

Q. How are you looking to translate your dynamic offensive game to the SHL? We've seen a few offensive players forced to switch their playing styles due to coaching strategies or simply because they weren't able to recapture their magic.

Q. Favourite teammate on the Knights and why?

Q. Who are you looking forward to facing in the SHL?

Thank you for your time Mr. Light! Good luck in the future from all of us in Kelowna!"

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

Early awards predictions for next season have you as the front-runner for Rookie of the Year. Why should I pick you? And if not you, who's your biggest competition?

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

Will you miss me?

What was your favourite moment in junior? least?

Do you think you'll do great with the WKP?

Are you going to continue eating waffles?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Jenny@Jan 21 2017, 12:29 PM

So its official, I'm captain??

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

Quote:Originally posted by ckroyal92@Jan 21 2017, 01:35 PM

Ninja

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Early thoughts on your upcoming shl season. Individually, and team wise?

What nickel back song have you been jamming to lately?

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ckroyal92@Jan 21 2017, 11:35 AM

Ninja Ninja Ninja

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Who are you most looking forward to playing with on WKP?

How do you think you'll slot into the lineup?

Thoughts on the upcoming draft? Do you think WKP will be able to fill all of their positional needs?

Glad you were able to end your juniors career with a bang?

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

What are you most looking forward to about receiving your call-up?

Which teammates are you most sorry to leave behind in KEL?

Got any big plans for the off-season?

PB&J or Nutella and Fluff?

Which animal would you be and why?

How do you think KEL is set up for next season?

What's the next step for you in your career? Got any bigger plans/goals?

I know KEL is all about waffles, but what's your favorite breakfast cereal?

What's your most immediate short-term goal now that your juniors career has come to a close?

Who's your competition for ROTY in your mind?

Interview Do you think your number will be retired in Kelowna?

Interview Who do you think will be your hardest opponents to win the Jesster in S33? you can't say Laing

Interview How will Kelowna do next season? I heard they are losing some key players like Iqbal and you?

Interview Predictions on which teams won't make the playoffs next season ? SMJHL & SHL

Interview Do you think Austria will be able to get into the Medal Round this season?

Interview Who will have a better S33 season you or Volkova?

Interview Which team will end their SHL playoff drought first? BUF or POR?

Interview Do you think about buying a house near West Kendall since you signed that long ass contract extension and are you glad to go from the cold weather in Kelowna to the nice Florida weather?

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Interview Of all of your SMJHL accomplishments, what are you most proud of (other than the back to back Cups)?

Interview You were recently labeled the #1 prospect in hockey by Vbottas magazine. Are you concerned with some of the pressure that comes with the hype?

Interview Do you ever want to punch Samee in the head?

Interview What do you think of the recent changes to the SMJHL playoffs?

Interview Looking back, is there anything you would like to have done differently in the past season?

Interview Which teammate (send-down, rookie, or both) do you think stood out the most this season, on or off the ice?

Interview How do you think WKP will do in the upcoming SHL draft? Do you have a good idea of who management has their eye on? (Don't have to say names if you don't want to.)

Interview How many goals do you expect to score in the Fantasy Series?