Create Account

PT5: Playoffs

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMHJL ROOKIES.

Written PT: Write a 200 word transcript for a playoff pregame show, or a dramatic playoff moment so far. Could be in the style of broadcasting greats like Doc Emrick or Bob Cole.

GFX PT: Create the cover of a game program for an upcoming playoff game. Must include both logos of the teams playing, plus at least one render.

You will receive up to 3 Capped TPE for this PT.

Deadline: Monday March 27th, 7PM EST

[Image: 57817_s.gif]

Code:
340 words

Mike LeBrun: Welcome to our viewers on SHLSN to the beginning of these S33 SHL Playoffs. Tonight’s featured matchup is Game 1 between the West Kendall Platoon and the Toronto North Stars.

Sean Smith: Yes, indeed Mike. As both teams are about to hit the ice lets give you guys at home a quick recap of this featured matchup. The Platoon came into the playoffs as one of the hottest teams in the SHL off the back of some splendid goaltending from Matt Lewis-Flood and a solid defensive unit that let in the least amount of goals by a massive 18 goal margin.

Mike LeBrun: On the other side, the North Stars come back into the playoff picture after a poor Season 32. Consistent and in the middle of the pack in the Eastern Conference throughout the season, they were able to string a few wins together late in the season to make the playoffs with a bit of margin on the teams behind them.

Sean Smith: As the teams come on the ice lets head over to Stephen Adams who is standing with veteran Bojo Biscuit.
Stephen Adams: Thanks guys, so Bojo, you guys had a solid season once again. What do you think are the keys to winning tonight and overall this series?

Bojo Biscuit: I think that we need to stick to our game plan and play our style of hockey without being caught up into their rhythm. We have to be tight defensively and give ourselves a chance up front to score some important goals early on.
Stephen Adams: Are there players on either side that you have your eyes on for this series?

Bojo Biscuit: Honestly it’s a team game and there is not a single player that can win this series on their own. I just hope to see a constant effort from all the guys on my team every game.

Stephen Adams: Thank You and good luck. There you have it. Back to you guys upstairs and lets have a great game tonight!

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: GLwKo2L.png]

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

[Image: L9slL03.png]

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

NBC Dude: Alright, lets send it down to the ice where Pierre McGuire is with Leafer Rielly.

Pierre: Thanks dude, Leafer, tonight is a such a big game. SMJHL Finals. Game 7. Winner take all. How do you prepare for this?

Leafer: Well we've been to Game 7 this postseason against the Firebirds and we won that one. We all weren't stressed, we trusted each other, we had lots of confidence and we feel we can win it after last game. We aren't like the chiefs where the team gives out punishments. Our management is great and we have to battle for that threepeat.

Pierre: We're at Kelowna here. They have full support on you. Is this the advantage?

Leafer: Well ya of course. These wonderful fans are on our side, they comfort us and they'll give as support as they can to make us win this big game tonight. It's going to be extremely wild.

Pierre: What is your game plan?

Leafer: Simple. Play good hockey, focus and not get screwed up, play great defense and extremely good offense. And we don't have to worry about Thompson because he's been saving us all year. So its just put all the effort you have, use the speed, skill, body, and much more.

Pierre: Some of your players in your team will play their last game as a Knight.

Leafer: You know, it happens all the time. We lose teammates because they get called up. Last year, we lost Samee and Alex and now its Cory and Vas. We want them to end their time here with a Four Star Cup. They're great players. They carried us all season and this postseason. But we have to put that aside as we have a big game here.

Pierre: You brushed your teeth?

Leafer: *leaves*

Pierre: Alright back to you dude, haha.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: p_T_Playooof.png]

[Image: HansSHL.gif]

Welcome to the live pregame broadcast of the SHL season 33 Western Conference Finals game 3 hosted by the hosters that are toasters. The ones or twos depending on how you look at it, Big Manius and Slappy McDoodle.

Slappy: Welcome to the Big Slappy pregame show episode number one.

Big: Why are we doing this again?

Slappy: We are getting PT for this.

Big: Oh Yeah. (Cough, Cough) Well, then let hop right into our in deep analysis.

Slappy: (Cough, Cough) Yeah.

Big: Well, heading into game three of the western conference finals the series is tied up at one. In the first two game the Dragon’s leader
and chicken parm eating champion Esa Anrikkanen has racked up an assist in each game but has yet to find the goal himself.

Slappy: (Cough, Cough) Although Mr. Tied for third in scoring this season, Randy Randleman has not faired any better, as he too has yet to find the goal and has racked up an assist in each game as well. After the reglaer season I expected more out of him.

Big: (Cough, Cough) How is this Randy’s fault?

Slappy: It isn’t. So Big who are you routing for in this game?

Big: I am really hoping that the stadium implodes has a hate every team in the west, but If I have to pick somebody I will pick Calgary as there is a chance that I could get some Alex Mack shrapnel pussy.

Slappy: Classy. I am rooting for them as well and now let’s head over to the game.

~261 words

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Why is everyone putting placeholders?

. . .placeholder.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1478' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Bonk</a> I felt left out tbh

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Placeholder

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Placeholder

Even though I wont likely even do the PT

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

Location grasper

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Sausage Master.

[Image: Wally.png]

JB: And we're headed down rink-side, where Scotty chats with Halfdan Thorstein.

Scotty: Thanks, JB; Halfdan, big game coming up here; you've gone to overtime 6 times this post-season - why's it been so difficult?

Thorstein: I mean, at the end of the day these are really good players on really good clubs. Everyone is out there working as hard as they can, on both sides of the ice, and the result is obviously good match-ups and some exciting hockey games. Overtime is tough, but it is what it is and we have to keep pushing.

Scotty: What's the game plan tonight?

Thorstein: Simple - play our game. We have to have a solid 60 minutes of Kelowna hockey, and if we do we'll win this one. We have the skill, we have the dedication, we have the experience.

Scotty: Like you said, you have the experience - how much does that mean to you?

Thorstein: The way I see things, and based on my experiences, playoff experience for a player and group of players is absolutely tremendously important. In my opinion, I'd take a team of lesser skilled players with experience rather than a team of highly skilled players with no experience. Thankfully, we have a lot of experience; a lot of our players have won not only one, but two Four-Star Cups - you can't beat this experience.

Scotty: Thanks for your time, Halfdan. Back to you, JB!

~236 words

[Image: dnlll.gif]

» Update Page | Player Page | My Twitter «
[Image: 2qcdsat.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: 16gwwf9.png]

Generic News Person:

All right, here I am with Kelowna Knights Right Wing Vasily Horvat. Vasily, it's been a pretty tight contest between the Knights and the Firebirds. Both teams exchanged league leadership throughout the season. What do you need to do tonight to make sure you advance to your third straight Four Star Cup?

Horvat:

Shoot, and actually hit something. I don’t care if it’s a goalie, another player, or the dumb ass zebras who keep calling weak ass penalties. I haven’t had much luck doing that this series. Next, hit things. Good things happen when I do those two things.

Generic News Person:

With that said, how do you think tonight's game will go?

Horvat:

That is a dumb question. How do you think I am going to answer that? Oh, I think the Firebirds will come out with a physical game and put the pressure on early. Did you get your questions from your mom? Jesus, I don’t think I've heard anything that stupid since Iqbal was here. That’s about as dumb as people using placeholders on those stupid sport sim forums. The Knights are going to win, we have the experience and the skill. We can be physical if we need to slow the game down, or we can be fast and high tempo as well. We have a core team here that has been playing together for a while now. There isn’t anything we can't do. I'm pretty sure this team could compete with some of the SHL teams.

Generic News Person:

Well now, there you have it folks. Horvat with a rather colorful response. For the last question…… oh I guess he is done. Well folks that all from ice level, now back to the booth.

Off Camera:

Seriously, I think Horvat was drunk, he smelled like Doritos and butt sex.

[Image: horvat3.png]

Heading into game 1 of the first round of the SHL playoffs, the Seattle Riot have a monumental challenge ahead of them, and that challenge is the defending Challenge cup champions, the current West champions, also known as the Calgary Dragons.

Seattle began the season on fire, and the Dragons not so much. Seattle was leading the league for most of the season, until shortly after the trade deadline when things started heading south, and they even had to compete for a playoff spot, fortunately winning that battle vs the Jets.

The key to this series will be the overall performance of the Seattle Riot roster, they can’t slack in any department. However, the biggest issue for them has to be the goal scoring. They have one of the strongest defence’s in the league backed by one of the best goaltenders in the league, however, they have had many issues scoring goals. Patrick Brumm and Jed Lloren are the leaders in that department and will be needed to produce closer to last seasons totals, and they will need help from Dean Colt, Trevor Wilson, Pavel Bursyuk, Justs Sirmais, Cameron Urbowicz, Gunnar Rask and some offense from the blue line as well.

The Dragons will be a tall order to fulfill, especially after being eliminated by them in last year’s first round, it must still be lingering in their minds. Will they be up to the task?

nope