Create Account

S34 Raiders Team Awards

Yes, I know, it's multiple seasons late. But it's better late than never, and we just wanted to keep it consistent rather than have a gap in the awards for two seasons, so we're going to choose the winners now. FourFour will do the S35 awards soon.

So, without further ado, here are your S34 award winners...

<div align="center">raiders S34 HALIFAX RAIDERS TEAM AWARDS raiders

[Image: 2efkc9h.png]

The Raiders took a big step back in S34. It was somewhat expected. They had lost all theirs star players over the last two seasons, and were now a team full of inactives and a couple rookies, as guys like Gauthier and Abes were traded and Rhys was called up. It was the first time in franchise history that Halifax had missed the playoffs, but they were able to net some picks at the trade deadline that helped bring in some of the talented youth you see in Halifax today. Be prepared to see a few inactives, because I didn't have a whole lot to choose from.

The Rosston Trophy Raiders leading scorer

[Image: the-art-ross-trophy-awarded-to-the-years...points.jpg]

Niklas Flower

Congratulations <a href='index.php?showuser=2276' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Flowseidon</a>!!!

Flower led Halifax at the end of the season in scoring. It likely would have been either Gauthier or Abes, but they were both traded prior to the season's end. This was Flower's 5th and final season of SMJHL eligibility, which were all spent with Halifax.

PREVIOUS WINNERS
S33: Sepp Reiter
S32: Reed Laing
S31: Reed Laing & Jean-Luc Reflieux
S30: Casper Jakobsson
S29: Felix Herzog
S28: Reinis Aumeisters
S27: Conall Macleod
S26: Conall Macleod
S25: Carter Rosston

The Broadway Award Dedication to Hockey/Leadership Award

[Image: Lady_Byng_Memorial_Trophy.jpg]

WINNER!
Trucker Grogan

Congratulations, <a href='index.php?showuser=2354' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>wheelingmoms</a>!!

Grogan came on board as an undrafted free agent, and stuck around even through the tough season. It's made him a better player today and his dedication to keep working hard is why he wins this award.

PREVIOUS WINNERS
S33: Zanarkand Abes
S32: Zanarkand Abes
S31: Pietra Volkova
S30: Toivo Kosonen
S29: Colin Banning
S28: Leif De Bruin
S27: Marc-Andre Moreau
S26: Carter Rosston
S25: Brett Broadway

The Ogorodnikov Trophy Top Two-Way Forward

[Image: Selke.gif]

WINNER!
Gord McKenzie

Congratulations, <a href='index.php?showuser=2564' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>OB5</a>!.

This one hurts. It brings back memories of what could have been. Gord was drafted #5 overall by the Raiders in the S34 draft. He was one of the most active draftees and looked so promising, but almost immediately after the draft, he ghosted. To make matters worse, he was called up to Winnipeg the next season. But, during his short time here, he did play well. He had just shy of 30 points (29), and his -10 was (unfortunately), one of the better plus/minus ratings on the team.

PREVIOUS WINNERS
S33: Brandon Gauthier
S32: Sepp Reiter
S31: Reed Laing
S30: Alex Reed
S29: Felix Herzog
S28: Taystee Poussey
S27: Petr Kolesnikovs
S26: Taystee Poussey
S25: Ignant Ogorodnikov

The Fuller Trophy Top Defenseman

[Image: nhl_g_norris11_200.jpg]

WINNER!
Gail Kapperkanen

Congratulations <a href='index.php?showuser=2514' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Gail Kapperkanen</a>!

This most likely would have gone to Rhys again had he not been called up. But Kapperkanen did have a pretty good season. Gail led all Raiders defenseman in points with 26, and had the second most shots blocked on the team.

PREVIOUS WINNERS
S33: Zander Rhys
S32: Alexsander Komarov
S31: Toivo Kosonen
S30: Victor Lindstrom
S29: Montel Vontavious Porter
S28: Montel Vontavious Porter
S27: Clayton Fuller
S26: Clayton Fuller
S25: Clayton Fuller

The Moreau Award Rookie of the Year

[Image: trophy_calderlg.jpg]

WINNER!
Jordin FourFour Jr.

Congratulations, <a href='index.php?showuser=802' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>FourFour</a>!

FourFour...I mean, for the second straight season, this award goes to a goalie. I don't even want to imagine what the season would've been like had we not had a solid goalie like FourFour Jr. He saved the team plenty of times and this was the stepping stones to him becoming a top goalie in the SMJHL.

PREVIOUS WINNERS
S33: Max Smith-Frey
S32: Lochlann O'Rourke
S31: Sepp Reiter
S30: Reed Laing
S29: Victor Lindstrom
S28: Felix Herzog
S27: Marc-Andre Moreau
S26: Arik Mikita

The Macleod Award Most Valuable Player

[Image: 643012_display_image.jpg]

WINNER!
Jordin FourFour Jr.

Congratulations, <a href='index.php?showuser=802' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>FourFour</a>!

And with his second award of the night, Jordin FourFour Jr. easily takes home the MVP Award for the reasons listed above. It's tough to imagine the Raiders doing worse than they did in S34, but without FourFour Jr. to bail the team out time and time again, trust me when I say, it could've been much worse.

PREVIOUS WINNERS
S33: Sepp Reiter
S32: Georgette Pel
S31: Toivo Kosonen
S30: Colin Banning
S29: Felix Herzog/Richard C. Hocolate
S28: Reinis Aumeisters
S27 Taystee Poussey
S26: Petr Kolesnikovs
S25: Conall Macleod

Congratulations to all the winners!

raiders raiders raiders raiders raiders

FourFour will have the S35 Awards up soon.
</div>

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Congrats everyone!

The season that the raiders acquired pieces that will be the building blocks to the next great Raiders team.

raiders

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by vbottas17@Jul 21 2017, 05:29 PM
Congrats everyone!

The season that the raiders acquired pieces that will be the building blocks to the next great Raiders team.

raiders
Yep. This season was huge for our future raiders

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Whoa, I won something. I did not see that coming at all. Congrats to all the other winners as well. Huge achievements

Gotta say, some of these names are bringing back some good memories. It feels great to be up on that wall with them

My +/- was abysmal that season, wouldn't deserve to win it

Quote:Originally posted by Gail Kapperkanen@Jul 21 2017, 06:50 PM
Whoa, I won something. I did not see that coming at all. Congrats to all the other winners as well. Huge achievements

Gotta say, some of these names are bringing back some good memories. It feels great to be up on that wall with them

Welcome back!! Smile

Gail certainly deserved the award out of all the D on the team, so congrats Wink

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

Quote:Originally posted by NYRangers3061@Jul 21 2017, 05:56 PM

Welcome back!! Smile

Gail certainly deserved the award out of all the D on the team, so congrats Wink

Honestly did I though? I've been inactive for what feels like forever

Quote:Originally posted by Gail Kapperkanen@Jul 21 2017, 06:57 PM

Honestly did I though? I've been inactive for what feels like forever
Yeah. You were active at the time. And we had a lot of inactives that year anyway lol. You being back now does justify it just a tad more Tongue

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

Quote:Originally posted by NYRangers3061@Jul 21 2017, 05:59 PM

Yeah. You were active at the time. And we had a lot of inactives that year anyway lol. You being back now does justify it just a tad more Tongue
Well I'll be around a bit but probably nothing like I was at first

Hi Gail!

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Gail Kapperkanen@Jul 21 2017, 07:00 PM

Well I'll be around a bit but probably nothing like I was at first
Fair enough. Glad to see you're back at all though! Even if it's limited, still better than not at all.

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

Quote:Originally posted by vbottas17@Jul 21 2017, 06:00 PM
Hi Gail!
Hey there

Congrats to all of the winners!

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates