Create Account

Jordan Ryder Media Day

<div align="center">[Image: cut.jpeg]</div>

Tampa, Fl. After a morning skating and shooting session Jordan Ryder addresses the podium for his media day. In a little over 24 hours some lucky junior team will call his name, and he will be on his way to the SHL. As you can imagine the next day or so is chalked full of nerves, excitement, and anxiety.

J. Ryder: Good morning everyone! I’m glad you all could make it out to my media day, I know there will be a lot of questions about a few off ice transgressions but I would prefer we keep this focused. I made mistakes, we’ve all been there luckily no one got hurt, besides potentially my wallet. So let’s get right into them.

Interview Did you watch the SHL Draft last night? How hype did it have you for the SMJHL draft coming up tomorrow?

J.Ryder: I did it had some very interesting turns, and some real surprises. I want to give a shout out to Isak Ødegård for going first overall in a very deep draft. There were a number of choices that could have been first overall but Isak proved to be the best option for work on/off the ice. Yes the hype for tomorrow’s draft is almost unbearable, we’ll see what happens.

Interview Are you willing to drop any hints of where you’ll go in the draft, or to which team?

J.Ryder: Ha! To be honest I don’t really know, there’s a good amount of talent in this draft. The guy I see going 1st overall has to be Beaujeaux, I know I’ve joked about him being bad in the past. That was just smoke and mirrors as he comes from the Pushkin bloodline he’s destined to be a great SMHJL & eventually SHL player. The only team that has reached out to me thus far has been Prince George Firebirds.

Interview Left Wing looks to be one of this classes strongest position groups, how would you rate yourself amongst this group?

J.Ryder: I personally think Goalie is the strongest position group, which Beaujeaux, Yuma, and Mack. The LW does have some heavy hittiers with Rockefeller, Bananerstrom, and Barlow. Barlow has stated his distaste for the SHL, and with his strong roots he’ll probably wind up in Texas as a solid depth forward. Rockefeller is coming from a camp that has historically produced defensemen, but with how decorated his management is they should be able to get him on the right path. Lastly Bananerstrom, comes from a long line of successful wingers, but off the ice is a huge question mark.

Interview Wow, some bold predictions. Care to entertain us with another? The Detroit Falcons have 1st Overall who do they take?

J.Ryder: This isn’t very bold at all – Hands down Beajeaux Biscuit I could go on for hours about why but I’ll leave it at three simple points. 1. They will retain him as a goalie for a long time, which sures up a question mark on every SMJHL team. 2. To get endorsed by Pushkin you must be a guaranteed TPE whore, Beaujeaux will be at the top of the class in this. 3. Pedigree he’s some how a descendant of Bojo Biscuit, and Bojo was a great player.

Interview Changing the page a little bit Jordan, I saw you at the morning skate and you seemed to favor your right hand a little more. How is your left shoulder/arm doing after your DUI accident?

J.Ryder: I knew this would be unavoidable but thank you for prefacing it with something hockey related. The accident was a huge mistake, and no amount of apologizing is going to make it go away. I’ll take some soreness/rust over the other driver being injured any day. I learned a lesson with my wallet that day, and I continue to learn one every time I do community service.

Interview Wow, they actually made you serve the community service hours? I thought that was just like “recommended”

J.Ryder: Wow – I’ve definitely served the hours, and will continue to volunteer on my own accord in whichever City I end up in. I have learned more about life, and hockey from the people going through the shit than I ever thought I would. I turned a negative into a positive and it’s all been a dream. One last question before I open the floor to the general public.

Interview When Jordan Ryder’s story is all said and done, what do you expect his career stat line to look like?

J.Ryder: I’ve spent a lot of time in bars with my old mentor Patrick Brumm, and if that kid hadn’t been on the liquor he would have been a surefire HOF’er. My goals are cups at every level, to become a prolific scorer in the SHL, and first ballot HOF’er.

I’ll answer any other questions now….

<a href='index.php?showuser=2743' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>ontanis</a>

Have you set any expectations for yourself for the first SMJHL season?

J.Ryder: I want to win, and score goals. The SMJHL is different now than it was in the past where, most rookies were guaranteed top 6/4 minutes. With it becoming harder to break into the SHL, players are staying in the Juniors longer. I would hope for a stat line of something like 30pts 18G 12A, but anything over 20 points is good with me.

Did you have the chance to meet any of the other rookies?

J.Ryder: I've seen a couple guys at open skates, but haven't really had a chance to chum it up. Being a recreate I'm familiar with most of the guys in the league, but am always open to meeting new people. I'm in the S37 Rookie Discord and highly active in there, the first gen guys are just kind of quiet. I get it this league can be intimidating but once you break through, it's pretty rewarding and most of the people are good dudes/gals.

Do you have any preferred teams you would like to take your talents to?

Pretty much anybody Montreal, not really a fan of anything about it. The rest of the teams I wouldn't have any issues playing for.

Nice write up, looking forward to seeing where you go.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Quote:Originally posted by tweedlebrumm@Aug 2 2017, 11:19 AM
&nbsp; The only team that has reached out to me thus far has been Prince George Firebirds.

[Image: michael-scott.gif]

[Image: insayne.gif]

Have you set any expectations for yourself for the first SMJHL season?

Did you have the chance to meet any of the other rookies?

Do you have any preferred teams you would like to take your talents to?

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

Looks like a prospect to look out for...
Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Quote:Originally posted by Coach Biz@Aug 2 2017, 09:48 AM
Looks like a prospect to look out for...
Cheers

Am I being officially endorsed by BRAND-IZZY?