Create Account

S37 PT #2 - Settling In

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS ONLY.

Scenario: Your team has a few rookies making to jump to the big leagues and struggling to settle in. They don’t know if they’ll stick in the SHL, so they haven’t bought a home or rented an apartment. They’re going to stay with you.

Written Task: Who is moving in, and what responsibilities will they have around the house? Minimum 150 words, must include at least one player name and two "chores".

[Note: If you're a senddown or a rookie, you can write this from the perspective of the rookie being accommodated by older teammates if you'd like, even if you haven't been called up in-sim yet! If your team has no senddowns or rookies to write about, you can write about yourself when you first got called up.]

Graphic Task: Create a pay stub for your first paycheck from your SHL franchise. Must include an "official" company name for your SHL team, your player’s name, a pay value, and a fictitious address.

You will be awarded 3 capped TPE for meeting all the requirements.

This PT will close Monday, October 23th, at 7 pm EST.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Erik Chisling, the Co-GM of the Blizzard has been hosting much of the Blizzard's prospects, including myself, Teddy Cuddles at his home while we are all in town. When I got there, I was named his assistant which has been pretty fun. Taking his calls and scheduling his meetings has not been difficult at all, as he does not receive many calls since Karlssens does all the work. The best part has been scouting for Erik. Looking at all the young talent has been great, and I basically get to relax in his movie room and watch SMJHL Hockey on the big screen. Another thing I also enjoy doing is seeing what the other prospects are up to. One night I heard some interesting noises coming from Erik's sister's room, who has Cerebral Palsy. I just assumed that her and Tor Tuck, her caretaker were playing games, but when I saw some strange stains on her wheelchair later that day, I began to think otherwise. Another rookie, Shaun Stephens got stuck with the heroic deed of mowing the lawn. It has not been cut in a while and Mr. Chisling keeps yelling at Shaun, but he doesn't know that Shaun broke the lawnmower. Looks like we will be growing a jungle out there.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Leafer Rielly has lived with his teammates ever since his 1st day in Kelowna. When he came to Wes Kendall, no one invited him so he lived with the GM which is pretty weird. Next season, he had John Langabeer to be with. The following season, John left but then Rielly found out about another rookie coming in and its his love one, adam. Adam is like his best friend though they never played with each other. Both will settle in and have a time of their life.

Though Adam is excited, I don't think he'll be that happy later on. You see Rielly is more of a lazy asshole and does shit. He lets others do his dirty work. But Rielly isn't that anymore. He'll do stuffs so that adam doesnt get pissed of and maybe thats why John left. And do chores like washing, cleaning, organizing, practicing and for sure, waking each other up. If they're late for breakfast and morning skate, oh boy big consequences. Rielly experienced that in his rookie season in junior. Adam will like Rielly's place because its the best place. They'll have lots of fun and not meaning like shit fun but friends fun.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: sQ4h1zk.jpg]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Living with people as a rookie is something everyone goes through when they play this sport professionally. Hell, when I lived in Colorado my first year, I was living with Finn Larsson and when I got the cash together for a little apartment for me and Zbynek to live in, we housed the Zajac kid for his first year. It’s something that you just sort of get used to. So I knew that when I got the call to West Kendall, I was going to need to find someone to room with.

The first person to call me up was Leafer Rielly, the former Kelowna winger. He was still getting his bearings in the league, but he’d been around for two seasons and it seemed like a solid idea… Until he piled every chore in the house he could think of onto my plate. Toilet cleaning, window cleaning, the dusting, the lawn work… all of it. Now look, there was no way in hell I was going to stay and not help to the best of my ability to keep the place tidy and stable, but I can’t say I was prepared for him to drop the task of taking care of the entire place on me right away. With a sincere amount of gratitude, I thanked him for letting me crash and then bounced as soon as possible.

I spent the next couple of days hauling around what little I’d brought with me from Denver on my back--my gear bag, a literal wagon full of sticks, some spare pucks, and a couple of other keepsakes in a backpack. I’d left the apartment and almost everything in it to Zajac when I left, so as not to overburden whomever I’d be staying with. Thanks to the little prestige I had among Platoon fans, I was able to couchsurf for two or three days--I’d sleep for the night, get up and make some coffee and breakfast for my generous host, and then leave for practice. After practice, I’d find someone else’s couch to sleep on for the night. Not exactly the most practical way to live, but I would find a place to stay eventually. It was around then that I was approached by a couple of vets from the team--Pietra Volkova and Mikko Linna.

...Sure! Living with Volks and Linna couldn’t be that bad. Couldn’t be more tiring than living with Rielly. And, much to my gratitude, it’s been smooth sailing ever since I moved in and started sleeping on the couch. They had the mercy not to drop the entire load of chores on me--dish duty, cleaning my spaces, the usual and expected work--but… they did assign me babysitting duty for Volkova’s kids. Definitely wasn’t something I was ready for, but it wasn’t the first time I’d had to interact with children--going home to Germany and volunteering my time for U14 training camps had me interacting with kids on an almost summerly basis. I’m still not entirely sure why she immediately decided it would be fine, but they’re typically pretty well-behaved kids. Sometimes they watch the evening news with me, which is odd to say the least. Either way, living with Volks and Linna has been a pretty solid experience thus far. I hope I’ll get the opportunity to pay it forward with the rooks at some point in my future.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2408' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>XLeafer</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=2238' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Pris</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=2077' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-30'>ej27</a>

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

[Image: dV0hhV2.png]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

I have no rookies to talk about

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Quote:Originally posted by Zombiewolf@Oct 16 2017, 08:55 PM
make one up

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Leaving Vancouver was hard, I grew up there and loved playing there in front of my home town. When I came to Hamilton, they put me up with Hans Moleman. He’s a pretty chill dude, if you don’t mind all the digging at all hours of the night. I wonder about his dirt baths, he says it’s good for the skin and exfoliates his pores. I’m not convinced that’s true, and not willing to give it a try. As you can imagine, all that dirt gets all over the floor and furniture. I made him an offer, I’ll take care of the gross chores as long has he cleans up all the dirt he drags into the house. We agreed that I would handle the Kitchen and Bathroom, and he’s going to dust and vacuum all the floors daily. As I mentioned, he’s a pretty good guy, so I’ve learned to live with the dirt on the daily but he is cleaning up regularly.

Quote:Originally posted by Zombiewolf@Oct 16 2017, 08:55 PM

You can write about yourself when you were a rookie, if you'd like. Or any of the senddowns.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Oh boy, its S35 and Viktor Vorkampfer is a rookie in the SHL. A future legend, vorkampfer had to room of course with another german legend, so none other than VLAD McZehrl will be taking viktor into his home. VLAD is hoping to teach viktor a few things over the course of the season while they live together , but what he doesn't know is that viktor might actually be the one teaching. Vorkampfers initial chores were gruesome, he had to change old man mczehrls diaper once a day, as well as listen to young mczehrls stories for at least two hours a day. Over time VIktors chores became a bit more friendly, doing things like playing civilization with VLAD every day after a game, or cooking VLAD a delicious german meal of wienerschnitzel (that’s what germans eat right?) and bear every single meal, so that’s 3 times a day. Viktor became a great cook and beer maker because of all this, and taught vlad so many things.

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

[Image: pnlX1ds.png]

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Well, I've begun moving my things to San Francisco, but since I'm still in the SMJHL, I knew I wouldn't be spending a lot of time at my house. However, my new roommates have helped me move in. Clint Eastwood helped with all the heavy stuff (like my old TV and my gaming consoles), and Isaac Kaiser helped with the other things (like my clothes and books). Kaiser's made some nice German food for me whenever I am there, and Clint, who was drafted in the same year as me, helps me practice. It's been fun living with Teddy Cuddles in St. Louis, but with me gradually moving my stuff to SFO and him moving his stuff to Edmonton, we both know we'll be in the SHL soon.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

[Image: H05W9S4.jpg]

[Image: P9htSSf.png]
[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation

[Image: LmXweDU.png]

[Image: leblaVa.gif]