Create Account

The Barlow Brothers have Breakout Season!

The Barlow Brothers have Breakout Season!

The Detroit Falcons are coming off a tremendous championship season, which saw Timmy Barlow score the championship-winning goal, assisted on by his brother Tommy Barlow! The brothers had spent their first two full seasons battling away on the fourth line but overnight became household names in Detroit. With a number of talented forwards graduating to the SHL this offseason the Barlow boys finally had the opportunity to move up into the top six, along with their center from last season Connor Blackwell, for the first time in their career! How is it going so far?

Well considering the Barlow brothers combined for 46 points in a combined 200 games… no one expects them to be major offensive contributors. However this season they picked up their offensive game to another level! Tommy Barlow in particular has seen a dramatic improvement. In his first 107 games in the SMJHL Tommy had only 20 points… only 36 games into this season Tommy has 19 points! This is a huge improvement. He also leads the team’s forward core in hits with 53 hits. A major reason for this offensive boom is the power play time. Tommy has scored almost half his goals, 3/8, on the power play! Considering Detroit has the second best power play in the league the Barlow boys are obviously playing their part!

Defensively Tommy Barlow has also improved. Well we assume they have considering the SHL is useless and doesn’t provide any defensive stats for forwards… we have to use +/-. Tommy was a career -18 heading into this season but is already a +7 this season! A positive shift of 20 from last season’s -13.

Timmy Barlow is by no means forgotten either. Career wise Timmy was -15 heading into the season and is a +5 this season! He is close to Tommy in hits with 47 and is tied for third among forwards in shots taken. Currently he has 11 points in 36 games and is on pace to surpass his career high of 16. Timmy has managed to keep his temper under control a little better than his brother this season as well, with only 18 PIMS to his brother’s 28.

The most important thing for the Barlow’s is to see their elite center succeed. They’ve cleared plenty of space for Connor Blackwell to do his work. Blackwell is third on the team in goals with 10 and third in points with 28. Impressively Blackwell scores the vast majority of his goals in 5 on 5 situations, with only 2 power play goals. Together the three players form a very entertaining line that hits, scores and hits some more! Here is what one fan had to say about the B3 Line!

“I love watching these guys play man! It’s why I come to the games dude! I just get me some brews and watch the boys run some tarts into the ice! It’s the way the game is supposed to be played yah hear? LETS DRINK TO BLACKWELL AND THE BARLOW BROS!”

Wise words from a member of the Detroit faithful! Cheers to more success for the Barlows!

Words: 529

[Image: livius.gif]

I agree, the head office is really doing a terrible job this season

Live. Laugh. Barlows.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Dec 25 2017, 09:06 AM
Live. Laugh. Barlows.

Lmfao

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Ya the Barlows are doin their things for sure