Create Account

Tigole Bitties and the Sophomore Slump Struggle

<span style='font-family:Optima'>Tigole Bitties had a stellar rookie campaign with the Edmonton Blizzard, tallying 34 points in 50 games played. Many thought he was a shoo-in for the Jesster, despite the SHL Awards Committee awarding the illustrious trophy to Riot winger Vratislav Zbynek, albeit somewhat controversially with a significant portion of the voters aligned to the management team of the winner. Bitties worked hard during an offseason of change in Edmonton and came in to his sophomore season with a lot to prove and a chip on his shoulder after, in his own eyes, being snubbed from the individual trophy. Bitties started on the Blizzard’s top line with newly acquired winger Cory Knouse and his partner from last season, Nikolaus Scholz. He was primed to out-do himself from his rookie year and continue his momentum in the SHL. Unfortunately for Bitties, it seems as if the sophomore slump is all too real.

<div align="center">[Image: cut.jpeg]
Bitties enjoyed a productive goal scoring season in S38.</div>

Bitties has had a fall from grace with the Sim Hockey League gods, or Simon T., or whomever you seem fit to blame. What shots used to go in go wide, what rebounds fell onto the sticks of Scholz for tap in goals now carom to the corner. Some analysts believe that Bitties may have focused too much on his scoring and now he opts to shoot it even in situations that a simple passing play would work. Either way, his production has dropped dramatically. Through 60% of the S39 regular season, Bitties has tallied only six goals and five assists and is -4 on a .500 team that desperately needs to improve it’s scoring by committee.

”I don’t know how to explain it. I just seem to be missing my shots. I have been working hard, it’s not like I’ve grown complacent or anything. The coaches see it, they’re working with me. I’m trying to make it better. I want to do well not just for myself, but for the Blizzard. This is a huge year for us, and five or six more goals this season could be enough to make or break us in the playoff race. I just have to keep grinding and working hard to figure it out and get over whatever mental obstacle I am dealing with.Tigole Bitties

There’s a new line combination out there for the Blizzard right now too. Bitties remains fastened to Scholz’s wing, but fellow Season 36er Teddy Cuddles, a pass-first powerforward, has joined the trio. Cuddles’ ability to forecheck and force turnovers, distribute the puck to either Scholz or Bitties should be a good combination with the Scholz-Bitties connection. Only time will tell if they can stem the tide and bring this middling team over the hump and into the postseason that has eluded them for quite some time now.

There is some hope, however, for the Greenlander. A unaffiliated coach to the Blizzard noticed Bitties’ drop off and reached out anonymously to the Blizzard coaching staff and hinted at a way that Tigole could bring his game. If he focused more on his puck distribution and passing creativity, the anonymous coach claims that his production would explode. A strange thought at first to Bitties and the coaching staff, with Tigole Bitties being penciled in as one of two pure-shooters in the Blizzard lineup, but it made sense. Bitties has since made an adjustment to his training regimen and the results are starting to improve. Prior to this tip, he had six goals and only one assist, and only a few games later, the apples started flowing. Maybe the training change improved things for Tigole, or maybe it was just the Scarecrows alumni overthinking things. The SHL can be a confusing place to play and learn these days. </span>

Code:
636 words

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

[Image: tumblr_inline_mwt3u97HEu1ro2d43.gif]
the goals will come Blizzard

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

when i slump i jump into the LR and summons the SIM gods by lighting the 'bon fire of good fortune'
Once lit.. throw something of value into the fire to prove to the SIM gods you are serious... Cheers

Note of caution... smoke in a locker room can cause rash and irritation of the eyes.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Isn't it kind of redundant to say slump and struggle?

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Quote:Originally posted by Zombiewolf@Feb 12 2018, 12:18 PM
Isn't it kind of redundant to say slump and struggle?
have you seen his numbers?

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Quote:Originally posted by karlssens@Feb 12 2018, 02:25 PM

:lol: very true! just thought it was a little odd reading the title

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Quote:Originally posted by karlssens@Feb 12 2018, 01:25 PM

:lol:

"somewhat controversially"

that's one way to describe highway robbery

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

Up rep for that timmy schaller picture

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Don’t worry bro, you’re not the only sophomore who’s experiencing the sophomore slump too
Look at me for example. I have 13 points on a struggling Pride team

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs