Create Account

Grading ny SMJHL Seasons

GRADE (I got lazy) Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal

I haven’t wrote media and some time and you know we all need money. So I decided to rank the seasons that I have played in the SMJHL. Taking in multiple factors that determine which sits the highest. I will be including Patrick Brumm Sr(PBS), Patrick Brumm Jr (PBJ), and Jordan Ryder (lol). In this article, and I’m going to keep it as real as possible which I typically try doing in general. Without any more blabber let’s move into the seasons.

S23 - This was my first go round in the SMJHL, so I was bushy-eyed and something tailed or however the saying goes. I stumbled upon the ad for the SHL on the r/nhlhut sub, and at that time I was a baconcountry fan boy, spending far to much money on HUT packs. When I found the SHL it fulfilled my urge to spend money. I created a few days before the S24 Draft, and there were already a lot of big names in the draft that were either known, or had made a name for themselves. Guys like Kyle Prince, Vlad McZ, Dion, Storm, etc etc I can’t remember all these names as it was three years ago.

Before the draft I was able to crank out a few media pieces but was only really approached by Vancouver, and Regina. It became clear of these two I wanted to go to Regina Force and play for <a href='index.php?showuser=105' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Rublic</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=1344' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Lunaro</a>. A large part of that was one of the articles I had written was about “Light it up Blue” to spread autism awareness, as I have several friends who work with children with Autism. The article while it received zero comments, touched Rublic and he reached out to me as it was something that struck close to him as well. Come draft day I hardly knew any one around the site outside of Rublic, and <a href='index.php?showuser=1598' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>wikiplaysgames</a> and I wanted to be teammates. As the rounds progressed, and I didn’t see my name called until 19th OA, the chip on my shoulder grew. I wanted to prove to this community I was really about this life, and they fucked up by not drafting me higher.

Once the season got into full swing I started developing friends on my team, and on other smjhl teams. Most notably <a href='index.php?showuser=1622' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>Copenhagen</a>, and <a href='index.php?showuser=1643' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Ballerstorm</a> whom I thought was a try hard at first, and never thought fast forward ~3years later would be one of my best friends not just on the site, but in general. We created a writing group called the “Wolfpack” which irked several people, but also brought <a href='index.php?showuser=1583' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>GCool</a> out of his shell, and he became a good friend as well. While Cope and Baller were better writers, and much less abrasive than I, we all created quite a buzz through media. If I were to rate a season of my career based on media this would get an A+.

Focusing back to Regina – the team was terrible and by seasons end I think all of the rookies other than myself were inactive, or pretty much inactive including Kyle Prince. What I do remember from this first season was the support of older players on the team like <a href='index.php?showuser=1507' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>TheNextGreatOne</a> , and <a href='index.php?showuser=1541' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>DollarAndADream</a>. At one point in the season TNGO even volunteered to take a lesser role so that I could get more playing time. As trash as we were the bonds I built with the few actives we had, and alumni (I’ll touch more on this in s24) was what made this season dope.

S24- This season started with bad news as the Regina Force was moving back to Prince George and going by the dumb name of “Firebirds”. To this day I think the name Firebirds is dumb as shit, and that Camaro’s are superior. In all seriousness while the Regina Force logo does look like a dick when the name was created someone went outside the box to create a team that was different from the rest of “Bird” teams littered through every sport. I took up this with issue with Rublic because I was that upset about being a flaming bird. I eventually got over it as I looked forward to the SHL Draft.

Going into the draft I had spoken to many more GM’s than I had prior to the SMJHL Draft, as this point I felt I had solidified myself as one of the top draft prospects a few teams I never thought I would want to be drafted by really surprised me. The biggest one being the Edmonton Blizzard when it was led by <a href='index.php?showuser=121' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-50'>teztify</a>, followed by Toronto Northstars when it was led by <a href='index.php?showuser=328' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>JNH</a>. I had both teams at the bottom of my rankings originally but after several back and forth I wouldn’t mind either location. Being my first go around these rankings were mostly based on geographical location. The big day came and went, and I ended up going 5th to the Steelhawks were I was drafted 1 spot after my good buddy <a href='index.php?showuser=1622' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>Copenhagen</a>.

The season went well to start I think we had a great draft in a HUGE reddit draft – we landed the likes of <a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Nereus</a> @beansobie <a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Cynthia</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=1659' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>SparkyOG</a> and potentially some other studs. The team really clicked right away, and to date this was the most active locker room I’ve ever been in. I think we reached something like 200 pages, this Regina Force team was finally generating a buzz. The alumni were absolutely great during this time, and helped us hit that 200 page mark, as well as build advice, SHL advice, and general friendship. So for those alumni who made S24 dope thank you! I’m looking at people like <a href='index.php?showuser=1159' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-14'>prettyburn</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=1273' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Elyk</a> @whikdoodle <a href='index.php?showuser=14' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Mac</a> (whatever the fuck his username is), and aforementioned players.

With the fresh class of draftees we started out strong, and I think for a time were in first place, something that seemed like a Unicorn for a time. The defensive scoring race was pretty much Cope and I neck and neck all season with him eventually edging me out. In the playoffs we lost to a Vancouver team that was treacherous during the regular season despite having a stacked line up. They would go on to win the 4 Star Cup, and I would go on to the Hamiltom Steelhawks.

Immediately after we were eliminated from the playoffs I was called up, and Hamilton went on to win the Challenge Cup(Pretty much thanks to me.) While the Steelhawks LR was pretty much a ghost town I did forge a few friendships with guys like <a href='index.php?showuser=1449' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>NUCK</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=881' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Muerto</a>. While they had one of the most knowledgeable, and successful leadership duos in <a href='index.php?showuser=1269' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Tanner</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=537' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-8'>Schultzy</a>, I wanted more. As real life caught up with cope he went inactiveish, and that made it even more grim in the Steelhawks LR.

S36 or S37 (Doesn’t really matter) – The brief Jordan Ryder experiment – After being drafted 2nd overall to the Halifax Raiders, I retired shortly after Portland was hit with a tampering, or whatever it was penalty. While I felt bad doing this, as I have nothing but respect for the Halifax organization, and the players that were on the team in my mind this was the right course of action. After I made my decision I felt bad as I had wanted to be a part of that team, and prior to that draft expressed that to <a href='index.php?showuser=802' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>FourFour</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=2699' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-24'>Evok</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=2238' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Pris</a> , and others with ties to the organization.

In all honesty I wasn’t upset about the punishment being handed down to Portland, but the constant cuntery (I’m guilty as well) that goes on around this website. Every time someone fucks up there’s a huge dog pile, pointing fingers, and being shunned by the majority of the league. The timing couldn’t have been worse as I was just given notice that I was going to be laid off from my job in 30 days, so I made the decision I didn’t want the toxic nature of the SHL coupled with my impending unemployment. I discussed this with several members of the SHL that I’m close too, and Halifax management as well. Then I went on my way of trying to find employment.

I would of loved to have finished the seasons with Halifax they had a vibrant lockerroom, and were generally in good spirits.

Life comes first, and enjoyment on a site like this is the most important thing. We woulda loved to bring u back in the draft, and hell we even almost had a deal finalized for Brumm Jr. during MTL's firesale

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

You forgot s36 or whatever it was Smile)

Cheers

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

I loved my time in Regina, even though we weren't the most competitive sometimes. The LR was always great too.

Smile

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

and now you saw the next McZ :((

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

lmao o shit the wolfpack

nice

also bring back Prince