Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Second Round

THIS PT IS OPEN TO ALL SHL PLAYERS AND SENDDOWNS.

- Winnipeg came out of the other side of a very hard-fought seven-game series with Edmonton and will now be facing a well-rested Los Angeles team. Talk about the potential highlights you think this long-awaited series might see, whether it’s a surprising breakout player, a marquee fight matchup, or just good old playoff hockey.

- In the East, Minnesota will have to get through a dynastic New England roster in order to get to their first Challenge Cup Finals appearance since S18. Who do you think will be the most important player from each team throughout this series, and which team has what it takes to make it back to the finals?

- Lately, we’ve been seeing an influx of... interesting pieces come out in the media sections, such as the predictive text articles from earlier this week. What have been some of your favorite media pieces that you’ve seen over the past few seasons? Over your career? What makes a good media piece on the site?

- With the draft coming up, which names stand out the most as potential first-rounders? What about sleeper picks? Make some predictions for how you think the upcoming draft might go.

Every participant with a post of at least 15 words will receive ONE CAPPED TPE, while 5 will be chosen as discussion leaders to receive an additional ONE UNCAPPED TPE.

Discussion will close Monday, March 5th, at 7 PM EST.

Any questions/concerns, please PM me directly.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

A good media piece should be something that's worth reading. It doesn't matter how big or long it is- if nobody else gains anything from going through it all, whether that be information or enjoyment or just a giggle, it's not good media.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Pris+Mar 2 2018, 09:44 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pris @ Mar 2 2018, 09:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->- Winnipeg came out of the other side of a very hard-fought seven-game series with Edmonton and will now be facing a well-rested Los Angeles team. Talk about the potential highlights you think this long-awaited series might see, whether it’s a surprising breakout player, a marquee fight matchup, or just good old playoff hockey.[/b]
I think Winnipeg still has a strong core, which after their S37 win people expected to decline but hasn't. They are now my favorite to win the cup, with Hamilton gone.

Quote:Originally posted by Pris@Mar 2 2018, 09:44 PM<br />[b]- In the East, Minnesota will have to get through a dynastic New England roster in order to get to their first Challenge Cup Finals appearance since S18. Who do you think will be the most important player from each team throughout this series, and which team has what it takes to make it back to the finals?[/b]
I think Minnesota has done a great job with rebuilding and now have a good combination of a strong set of vets leading the good set of young blood.

Quote:Originally posted by Pris@Mar 2 2018, 09:44 PM<br />[b]- Lately, we’ve been seeing an influx of... interesting pieces come out in the media sections, such as the predictive text articles from earlier this week. What have been some of your favorite media pieces that you’ve seen over the past few seasons? Over your career? What makes a good media piece on the site?[/b]
I mean, the seasonal top 100 players is the first thing that comes to mind for written articles, good research and info about each player. Shout out to The Big Slappy Hour that I have diligently listened to since I joined the site.

<!--QuoteBegin-Pris@Mar 2 2018, 09:44 PM
[b]- With the draft coming up, which names stand out the most as potential first-rounders? What about sleeper picks? Make some predictions for how you think the upcoming draft might go.[/b][/quote]
I think my favorite for 1 OA would be Florence Clijsters. Eni is well liked on the site, and is a C to boot, which are usually hot commodities in their own right.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2509' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-62'>CFJ</a> and his treacherous ways have alerted the league to the blatant heel turn former good guys (Fleming and Hazard) have embraced thanks to the treacherous voice of Crossfit whispering vile deceits in their ears.

Wasty and Bottas and Choco won't forget the crimes committed against fellow IIHF Nords that play on Edmonton and they will lead the Panthers to victory and an appearance in the Challenge Cup!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

I think the key to a sim league is immersion, which means building up characters and stories that you can believe in. So for me, good media is anything that builds up the "world" of the SHL.

That can be analytical stuff, it can be joke tabloid stuff, it can be biographical stuff. But I think if it doesn't add to the "world" as a whole, it's probably not good media.

There are exceptions, of course. Like when people talk about how they would "rebrand" each franchise, but those are the kind of thing that you don't want to see too often because they don't really add much to the league's self-contained universe, imo.

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird

- Winnipeg came out of the other side of a very hard-fought seven-game series with Edmonton and will now be facing a well-rested Los Angeles team. Talk about the potential highlights you think this long-awaited series might see, whether it’s a surprising breakout player, a marquee fight matchup, or just good old playoff hockey.

I am excited to see a series with a Los Angeles that is bolstering some big confidence after their sweep as underdogs against the Calgary Dragons. Timo Haas is playing his last season for the team and is on absolute fire, and has been especially against Winnipeg, where i read somewhere that he had a .963 sv% or something like that. Thats insane! Im rooting for Winnipeg but they've seen shaky.

- In the East, Minnesota will have to get through a dynastic New England roster in order to get to their first Challenge Cup Finals appearance since S18. Who do you think will be the most important player from each team throughout this series, and which team has what it takes to make it back to the finals?

It's hard to pick one player on this Minnesota team. both the first and second line is getting it done in a spectacular fashion, The D has been a littkle shaky against WKP but lead by Garbanzo i am sure they'll jump right back into it. O'Koivu is sporting just under .900 but i expect that to go up too.

If i have to pick one i'll pick Terrance Nova. He's been an absolute clutch since his first season on the team, scoring those game winners and game tyign goals over and over. i expect more of that.

I haven't been watching too much of New England these playoffs, but Raven Silverwing is always a good option if you're to single someone out. A great guy and no matter what side i'm on, it'll be a blast to shake his hand at the end.

- Lately, we’ve been seeing an influx of... interesting pieces come out in the media sections, such as the predictive text articles from earlier this week. What have been some of your favorite media pieces that you’ve seen over the past few seasons? Over your career? What makes a good media piece on the site?

Bonks and Slappys podcast, hands down. Top 100 is also great because it includes so many people, people love to read about themselves and the key to a good article imo is to let people integrate in some way.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Good media makes enriches your view of the league, whether it be the sims or the community. I try to do this through statistical analysis, changing the perspectives of individual teams or players. The predictive text does it by drawing your attention to writing styles and personalities.

Obviously there's some great recreates in this next draft like Kraaijkamp, Clijsters and McGregor but there's some really impressive rookies out there too. Guys like Blaine McElroy, Iam Essellem and Jackson Conklin are turning heads and could be real contenders to get picked up early on.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

The most important players from NEW will have to be Xander Green and Oisin Fletcher. For MIN it'll have to be Lord Pretty Flacko, Terrance Nova, and Alonzo Garbanzo to step up. Both goalies also have to not play like trash. In the end, MIN will probably choke it up again.

Code:

For Minny I'd imagine a strong showing from their top forwards, like Strange and Nova, will help propel them to victory, whereas New England should really be relying on their strong defensive unit, especially top pairing Clayton and Kosonen, to protect the net as well as produce offensively.

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen

I remember one article written by that dog guy where he literally copy pasta'd the most random thing he found from the internet and tried to pass it off as an article. Honestly, I like short articles because I'm a slow reader and long ones can be quite a chore. It's nice when they're a little funny or insightful.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Obviously the series against WKP is rigged and they shouldve lost that one because the better team wins. But obviously Garbanzo and Nova led the chiefs to the sweep so they'll do the same to NEW because its STHS

[Image: giphy.gif]

My favorite media piece to read are either an analysis of play, or redrafts.

Anything that makes me feel good about myself or gets discussion going is great.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Code:

The re-draft articles are some of my favorite articles to read. It's always been an interesting concept to see where people would have gone if the drafts happened today with their current TPE counts and their current reputations around the league.

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

- With the draft coming up, which names stand out the most as potential first-rounders? What about sleeper picks? Make some predictions for how you think the upcoming draft might go.

Much like the last draft, this one sees a wealth of top quality recreates who will all likely be 1st rounders. Luuk Kraaijkamp, Florence Clijsters, Conor McGregor just to name a few.

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread