Create Account

S41 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2018, 07:04 PM by gerarob.)

Task #1 - Create a playoff poster for your team, advertising a specific game, a series, etc.
Requirements: Must include at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

Task #2 - For this task, I'm choosing the series between the Kelowna Knights and the Detroit Falcons. This series was a sweep, which favoured the Kelowna Knights, but the Detroit Falcons could have turned things around in the pivotal third game. With the Knights taking both games at home, the Falcons returned home facing a large hole. Win, and they're back in the series. Lose, and they're in a very daunting 0-3 series. Kelowna came out of the gates hot, and scored the first three goals of the game. By the end of the first frame, they were up 4-1. That was not the start the Falcons were hoping for. The Falcons managed two goals in the next period, but the deficit seemed only to grow, as they gave up another three goals. The last period was more of the same, as the Kelowna Knights eventually won the game 10-5. That was basically the final nail in the coffin. Detroit HAD a chance to pull through, but they bent over and let their season die. What a rough outing. Kelowna seemed destined for the next round after this showing. I don't think they could have done anything any better than they did that night.

202 words

Task #3 - Which line combination made the biggest positive impact for a team in a series? Which made the biggest negative impact? Why?
Requirements: At least 200 words.

Task #4 - I hope by now, the general managers of the Simulation Hockey League know what kind of player I am, and the calibre I play at. Even better, they should know of my work ethic by now. It's second to none. I'm slated to win the rookie of the year award, after my great display of offensive and defensive prowess this season. I led all rookies in points and points per twenty minutes. I also led the entire SMJHL in plus minus. I had a very respectable hits total, to add onto those numbers. I expect a top 3 showing at the draft.

102 words

Task #5 - Cannot be done until at least one game in the final series has been simmed - Pick a player from each of the teams in the finals and make a case for why these players would be good candidates for playoff MVP. OR Create an infographic comparing an MVP candidate from each team.
Requirements: Written - At least 150 words and 2 stats. Graphic - At least 2 player renders and 2 smjhl logos. At least 3 stats.

[Image: tempsnip.png]
[Image: image0.jpg?width=360&height=180]

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2018, 06:02 PM by hewasajazzman.)

1. [Image: NEr62i3.jpg]

2. Colorado Raptors(3) vs. Montreal Militia(6)

In the first round of the SMJHL Playoffs the #3 seeded Colorado Raptors took on the #6 seeded Montreal Militia. This was a very close series as it went the maximum of 7 games, 2 of them going to overtime, with neither team gaining much of an edge. As soon as it looked like one team may come out on top the other was right there to take back command. It wasn’t until the sixth game of the series that Montreal showed their poise as they beat the Raptors 4 to 2, never trailing once during the game. With the Militia tying up the series at 3-3, Colorado knew it had a tough road ahead of them as they would have to play the last game of the series away in Montreal. Things seemed to be heading in the right direction for the Raptors once 4th line winger Carlo Russo potted a late first period goal off a three shot offensive zone sequence, putting Colorado up 2-1 going into the first intermission. But again it was Montreal, showing their conditioning after a hard fought first period, who took over the rest of the game and played their way to beat the Raptors 4-2 and seal the victory in the first round.
216 words

4. With the draft just around the corner, Vancouver Whalers winger David Kastrba has been sitting back and keeping all options open. He’s looked around at teams a bit but has no real preference to where he ends up. He knows he’ll be spending more time in the SMJHL so theres no pull for him to campaign for himself too hard. He knows he’s not a star player but he never aimed to be anyway. He’s a depth player. He’s a supporting role and that’s all he ever wanted to be. He feels that this may set him apart from most other draftees, as he is very flexible and willing to learn for the betterment of the team.
117 words

stuffed

Task #1 - Create a playoff poster for your team, advertising a specific game, a series, etc. 
Requirements: Must include at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.
https://imgur.com/a/vptM93W

Task #2 - Cannot be done until round 1 is complete - Pick a round 1 series. What was the turning point in the series that eventually led to victory for the winning team? Could the opposing team have done anything to turn it around? 

Raptors vs Militia.

The turning point of this series was at the start of the third period in game 7. The Raptors are up by 1, and just had a great second, but didn't score on the powerplay. Montreal scored on a deflection just 35 seconds into the period, deflating the team and delivering a stunning blow to the moral of the Raptors. Less then two minutes later Montreal scored the game winning goal. The Raptors never recovered. Colorado tried to recover, putting up a good amount of shots, but most were blocked. They ended the game with an astonishing 5 power plays and failed to score on any of them. That alone could have turned the game around for them. If only one player could have put one of the five powerplay chances in, they would have had a completely different series. The Raptors lineup had a huge gap as far as skill in the back end, and I think that was the biggest issue for them. They needed a block, a goal, or anything, and no one seemed to be able to step up. In Montreal's defense; however, they are a very D first team that seems to strike fast and often given the chance.

Task #3 - Which line combination made the biggest positive impact for a team in a series? Which made the biggest negative impact? Why?

The best line combo is Mikhail Petrikov Maxim Poulin for the knights. The forward lineup doesn't even matter for them, they produce, block shots and control the pace of the game like superstars do. They seem to come in clutch, and the knights seem to be riding right on there backs. The knights wouldn't have made it nearly as far as they did without this lineup. They complimented each others playing styles, and a nod to the couches for putting them together should be in order. It must have been an easy choice, since these three seemed to really click.

The worst line combo was for the Raptors, specifically the 3rd D pairing of Kade Ryley and Troy McClure III. They don't click as partners, and combined for 3 points, 2 of them on the same play (McClure scores, Kade assists) other then that they were a liability on the ice. Kade hasn't been training all year, and it clearly dragged the team down. There is a big drop off from the number 5 D man on the raptors and the number 6. The coaching staff had no choice but to put these two back together, but hopefully next year they will have more chemistry.

Task #4 - With the SHL draft looming in the shadow of playoffs, tell us how you're going to distinguish yourself to SHL GMs during your cup run or the beginning of your off season.
Must include: 100 words.

I’m active on the website and discords, I have a personality and I want to win. I want to go on a team with my friends, which I have stated to just about every GM that has inquired, but I’m no Diva and will not refuse to sign or whatever just because I did not get my own way. I'm upset that the Raptors didn't do more this season, but I plan on using this as an opportunity to grow. Next year the raptors will be better, and I look forward to helping. Also, I can finally use the new site on my phone, which is very helpful! (108)

Task #5 - Cannot be done until at least one game in the final series has been simmed - Pick a player from each of the teams in the finals and make a case for why these players would be good candidates for playoff MVP. OR Create an infographic comparing an MVP candidate from each team.
Requirements: Written - At least 150 words and 2 stats. Graphic - At least 2 player renders and 2 smjhl logos. At least 3 stats. 
My Pick for the Platoon is very obvious: Leafer Rielly. Out of his 5 Goals, 3 of them were game winners! 3! he was like Jagr with assists, and managed to still get into 2 fights while being 3rd on his team in points. I don't think the West Kendall Platoon make it to the finals without him. Also had an above 50% faceoff. The team clearly needed someone to step up, and Rielly answered the call for them.

For the Los Angeles Panthers, I think Maximillian Wachter is MVP material. He lead his team in points and plus minus, and had 4 game winning goals! If LA won it all, I would call him a lock for MVP. He stayed disciplined, only getting one call against the entire playoffs.

Both of these players battled hard for there clubs, and but I would give the nod to Rielly, since they ended up winning it all.

155 words

06-28-2018, 09:25 PMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: Task #5 - Cannot be done until at least one game in the final series has been simmed - Pick a player from each of the teams in the finals and make a case for why these players would be good candidates for playoff MVP. OR Create an infographic comparing an MVP candidate from each team.
My Pick for the Platoon is very obvious: Leafer Rielly. Out of his 5 Goals, 3 of them were game winners! 3! he was like Jagr with assists, and managed to still get into 2 fights while being 3rd on his team in points. I don't think the West Kendall Platoon make it to the finals without him. Also had an above 50% faceoff. The team clearly needed someone to step up, and Rielly answered the call for them.

For the Los Angeles Panthers, I think Maximillian Wachter is MVP material. He lead his team in points and plus minus, and had 4 game winning goals! If LA won it all, I would call him a lock for MVP. He stayed disciplined, only getting one call against the entire playoffs.

Both of these players battled hard for there clubs, and but I would give the nod to Rielly, since they ended up winning it all.

155 words
...I think u got the wrong finals there

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e