Create Account

Ulrich Scouting Report

(2x draft media bonus, 1323 words)

Rafe Ulrich - Left Winger - Power Forward

[Image: Phillip-Danault.jpg]

After being at home during the draft, Ulrich flew out to Montreal and met with his new team and staff. He was given his jersey and the official first jersey photo was taken.

General Information

First Name: Rafe
Last Name: Ulrich
Position: LW
Player Type: Power Forward
Born: 26/03/2001
Shoots: R
Jersey Number: 13
Height (ft.): 6'7"
Weight (lbs.): 250
Birthplace: Longyearbyen, Svalbard

The first thing you will think when you run into Rafe Ulrich is, 'Holy fuckin shit this dude is a giant' and you would be right to think this. At 6 foot and 7 inches long Ulrich will stand out in any crowd. Looking at Ulrich's playstyle we can see a clear focus on using his huge frame. Being 250 pounds plays heavily in his check heavy playstyle. Expect Ulrich to always go in for the board battles and go into the corners to try and annoy the defense as much as he can. Opposing players will have to keep their heads up at all time, because Ulrich will come down to hunt you out. Wether he will try to nudge you off the puck or go for a full on hit, Ulrich does not back out. Which in some cases can lead to unneeded penalties. Ulrich has since his declarement for the draft has been working greatly on his skating skill, along side with his scoring ability and his defensive awardness and attributes. Scoring is going to be huge for the young Norwegian player. Which will be expected when his passes can be iffy at times. There are players out there that can pass a puck over great distant and hit the tape on their teammates sticks with that pass. We would advice you not to expect the same from Ulrich. He can pass just fine, but it is a skill he has to work towards getting up.

Strengths:

Looking a little more indepth into what really makes Ulrich stands out from the pack. We have to credit his defensive skills. For a young player who plays the forward role and especially one who plays a check heavy style, we have to complement how good his defense is and we expect this to only get better as he ages. Look forward to smart stick checks and nudges to throw the player of balance and off the puck. Rafe could be a player who will work out quite nicely on the penalty kill if he can be the one to stay out of the box.

If you need scoring you need a little Ulrich in your life. His rookie season will be unsure, but once his second season rolls around we could see him become a bonefied 15-25 goal scorer. While being good for 35-45 points. He has a deadly shot with great power which can suprise many goalies. They will see Ulrich as some goon going around hitting people and let down their guard when suddenly Rafe rockets off a sick wrister. Ulrich has seemed insanely accurate throughout his career and we hope to see that accuracy hold up while he plays in the SMJHL.

We already talked about how great Ulrich's checking is, but we want to remind you how big this part of his play is. It sometimes feels like these leagues are missing a big guy who throws the checks around, keeping players in line and getting into the head of the opponents. Ulrich stars in this by being the gritty player which just is not around much. We project Ulrich to start hitting 150+ hits in his second season granted his training continues as greatly as he has been doing it so far and his playtime compliments it. He will probably be looking to break the current Montreal Franchise record for hits which is currently held by Buster Killington who has 153 hits in season 24. This goes to show the lack of hitters in the league. Ulrich will be looking to break this 15+ year old franchise record.

Strength is one of Rafe's Strenghts. It should be no suprise that a player who breaths checking would also come with good strength. Rafe likes to hit the weight room and we can tell that. Expect his strength to increase over the course of his play in Montreal. He might even become among the strengthiest of strenghty players. This strength will help him throw the checks around and also help him not get checked off the puck himself.

Leadership. I know this is going to tooting my own horn a little, but Rafe Ulrich comes with a ton of leadership. He is very devoted to his teams and has been a captain of his young teams in the past. He wants to prove himself to management with activity in the locker room and a constant training shedule that he can be the leader of this team. While Rafe might come over with a thick norwegian accent, he means well and wants to show it.

Weaknesses:

Ulrich is definitely a shoot first kind of player. His passing is not much greats and probably will never be around the elite levels. Ulrich is projected to end most of his seasons with more goals than assists scored. Bad passes might seem like a liability, but Ulrich seems sure in his defensive capibilities that this would not hurt him too badly.

Puck Handling, for a player with a knack for scoring his Puck Handling might cost him a little as he enters the SMJHL. He is not much for dangles as he much rather goes for the straight up shots, but this low puck handling will not help him in straight up puck battles as of right now. Will would like to see him work on this attribute. As we think it will help him so much in his general play.

Endurance for Ulrich seems on the low side for a player who plays with the intensity that he does. Going around the ice throws his body around and trying to also be defensively responsible. A little more cardio is well needed for Rafe and will be on his list of things to work on no doubt. Maybe a little less time in the power area and a little more in the cardio area will do him wonders.

Overall:

Ulrich is a Power Forward sprinkled on with some sniper. Deadly shots, big hits and can take care of his own ass defensively.

In the SMJHL draft which was held last friday night we saw how Rafe Ulrich was picked up my the Montreal Militia, a team which a rich history, with the third overall pick. Ulrich has responded overjoyed by his draft team and expressed to cannot wait till he can hit the ice wearing a Militia jersey. We have a very exciting season coming up with so many great rookies having been added to the league.

Out of Character:

My goal with Ulrich will be to lead the SMJHL in hits, while also posting respectable season stats. I feel that in testing I've been able to find a nice balance and I cannot wait to go ham with this player. Montreal is my home and I am very happy to have been given the opportunity to come back after my previous player Raven Silverwing played 3 magical junior season there. I am comminted to this player and hope to reach the same level as Silverwing did. Maybe even high as I want to be able to get equipment for Ulrich each season. Who knows I might even end up with Jasper Clayton levels of TPE (Probably not, eggy is a mad lad when it comes to tpe). All in all I hope to have a few great seasons in the Junior with Ulrich and win another cup with the Militia, before heading up to the SHL.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Really liking the build! Going to be almost impossible to try and stop or move you out there Tongue

Also interested to see what will happen when we are both out there on the ice at the same time, both got shoot first type of builds and some physicality, should be a fun season!

Militia

Quote:Originally posted by jRuutu@May 13 2018, 12:08 PM
Really liking the build! Going to be almost impossible to try and stop or move you out there  Tongue

Also interested to see what will happen when we are both out there on the ice at the same time, both got shoot first type of builds and some physicality, should be a fun season!

Militia

Will be great! In testing I usually get quite alot of hits taken which makes 0 sence to be, but oh well.

Sounds like our line will be just alot of goals and alot of injuring other players Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by Raven@May 13 2018, 05:13 AM

Will be great! In testing I usually get quite alot of hits taken which makes 0 sence to be, but oh well.

Sounds like our line will be just alot of goals and alot of injuring other players Tongue
Yea that is weird, but should change once you get closer to the 350 cap (maybe Tongue) - gonna be dominating player.

You will be giant Laine and I will be fairly sized Byfuglien.

Quote:Originally posted by jRuutu@May 13 2018, 12:17 PM

Yea that is weird, but should change once you get closer to the 350 cap (maybe Tongue) - gonna be dominating player.

You will be giant Laine and I will be fairly sized Byfuglien.

That is with my 350tpe build testing :lol:

Oh well I`m still clapping bombs and clapping up fools so thats good.

Sounds like the dream team

Quote:Originally posted by Raven@May 13 2018, 05:27 AM

That is with my 350tpe build testing  :lol:

Oh well I`m still clapping bombs and clapping up fools so thats good.

Sounds like the dream team
Oh Ninja You gotta put that into good use, if people want to hit you so badly out there - should be able to draw quite few penalties, then can go back out there on the PP and fire away with the holy slapper!

Quote:Originally posted by jRuutu@May 13 2018, 12:43 PM

Oh  Ninja  You gotta put that into good use, if people want to hit you so badly out there - should be able to draw quite few penalties, then can go back out there on the PP and fire away with the holy slapper!

Haha I will do that Wink I`ll tip in all your blasters from the point

Quote:Originally posted by Raven@May 13 2018, 05:47 AM

Haha I will do that  Wink I`ll tip in all your blasters from the point
Ninja I´m shooting the puck into the stands if your first goal comes like that