Create Account

Triple Gold

Code:
614 Words, wouldnt mind some extra for all the research  :P

It is incredibly difficult to win any championship. Even more so to win three. I had proposed adding a little icon that would be put under a user’s name to indicate that that player had won all three championships covered under the SHL, The Challenge Cup, The Four-Star Cup, and finally IIHF Gold. When I made that proposal, a few issues were brought up. First was that it was an award for a user, or the player. I believe that the consensus was that this would be for the player. The second issue that was mentioned was how do we track this. This is what I have done, and I will briefly explain that process.

Everything I did was in Excel, and I can migrate that data to Sheets if someone else wants to look at it, but I wasn’t going to try to take credit just for copying and pasting player names in a spread sheet. Most of the leg work was in creating the three lists of every player that had won the individual awards. Once that was done I combined the Four Star Cup and Challenge Cup winner lists, identified duplicates, and generated a list of those duplicates so that I had a unique list of everyone who had won both trophies. I then did that again by combining that list with the list of players who had won IIHF Gold, I also want to expand on that specific list.

As I was doing research finding the Four Star Cup and Challenge Cup winners was easy as a list of the team and roster for every year is neatly compiled in the history area; however, this is nor the case for IIHF. I ended up having to search for the roster of each individual team as most of the indexes for those years were not available. This lead me to finding the countries roster thread and hoping that the GM did not edit the post for each season. There were a couple seasons where I could not identify the exact roster for the gold medalist. Those teams are

<b><div align="center">S33 Russia
S31 USA
S28 Sweden
S25 Latvia
S23 Ireland
S22 Latvia
S21 Canada</div></b>

If anyone has those rosters I would be happy to add them to the data. This would normally cause me to give up on something like this but because most of these countries had won within a few years of their missing rosters I believe that the data is not completely corrupted.

With all that said, lets take a look at the list of players who have won all three trophies.

<div align="center">Adam Kaiser
Halfdan Thorstein
Bennett Jones
Jason Aittokallio
Erik Lundqvist
VLAD McZehrl
Vijanupatan Singh
Vasily Horvat
Lukas Johnson
Mark Harter
Mainio Makinen
Richard C. Hocolate
Patrikov Bure
Mark Longford
Miles Berger
Willie Weber
John Langabeer
</div>

In total we have 17 players. The list is much smaller than I expected. Now to shrink it even more by identifying only those players who are currently active to find out who would have that fun little icon we talked about earlier.

<div align="center">Adam Kaiser (<a href='index.php?showuser=2262' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-34'>Ghost</a>)
Halfdan Thorstein (<a href='index.php?showuser=2470' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-45'>dnL</a>)
Bennett Jones (<a href='index.php?showuser=2078' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>rrireal</a>)
Jason Aittokallio (<a href='index.php?showuser=232' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>JayWhy</a>)
Vijanupatan Singh (<a href='index.php?showuser=2267' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Waters</a>)
Vasily Horvat (<a href='index.php?showuser=2269' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Slowpoke</a>)
Mainio Makinen (<a href='index.php?showuser=1917' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>lil</a>)
Richard C. Hocolate (@Your Mothers Favorite Goalie)
Patrikov Bure (@ Kevin "Juice" Bieksa)
John Langabeer (<a href='index.php?showuser=504' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>jjlangabeer</a>)
</div>

As usual, I am bound to make errors since a lot of the data was entered manually and a single mistake on my part would mean a player being eliminated from the list. If someone knows that they have won all three and that player is still active, please feel free to let me know and I will add to the list.

[Image: horvat3.png]

I am so close... and yet so far... from that Triple Gold Club....

I just need that elusive Challenge Cup...

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Can I get a partial version of the icon as an honorable mention to the SHL's luckiest 4th-line active and king scrub?

Marek Vyskoc
S18 & S19 Four-Star Cup
S23 Challenge Cup
S25 IIHF Silver

I cri evrytiem

If you want the missing IIHF rosters, you can message Velevra, I believe he has all the indices

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

i won it like year 2 too bad my player is complete asshole

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by artermis@May 16 2018, 09:54 AM

If you want the missing IIHF rosters, you can message Velevra, I believe he has all the indices

Nah, I would only drag him into this if it became a real thing and we needed to be 100% on everything.

Just need a Challenge Cup... Come on Hamilton...

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

The list might actually be a bit longer, e.g. Kosonen accomplished this.

S30 Four Star Cup Halifax
S30 IIHF Gold Finland
S33 Challenge Cup New England

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Torbvo@May 16 2018, 10:11 AM

S30 IIHF Gold Finland
S33 Challenge Cup&nbsp; New England
You are 100% correct, not sure how I missed you. Thanks!

Sad that I'm only missing IIHF gold. Could've been different this year. Wasn't.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

S30 IIHF Gold Finland
I figured it out, when your name was entered in the Four Star Cup list there was a space at the end of your name, so Excel wouldn't recognize you as a duplicate, fml

Quote:Originally posted by Slowpoke@May 16 2018, 10:17 AM

I figured it out, when your name was entered in the Four Star Cup list there was a space at the end of your name, so Excel wouldn't recognize you as a duplicate, fml

Ahh, yeah it only jumped out at me because I still cling to that early success.

Good work with this, hopefully you get a nice bonus for all the research

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Player PageUpdate Page

Quote:Originally posted by artermis@May 16 2018, 05:54 PM
Can I get a partial version of the icon as an honorable mention to the SHL's luckiest 4th-line active and king scrub?

Marek Vyskoc
S18 & S19 Four-Star Cup
S23 Challenge Cup
S25 IIHF Silver

I cri evrytiem

ahahaha

fml

S30 IIHF Gold Finland

And S30 WJC gold medalist, fuck you Cinci

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@May 16 2018, 08:58 AM

Quad gold right here baby :D

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@May 16 2018, 10:58 AM

[Image: EXjejNX.jpg]

I saved these bad boys. Dope branding by <a href='index.php?showuser=2297' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>InciteHysteria</a>. Remember that penalty I served for Haas' goon self?

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Player PageUpdate Page