Create Account

Eight Seasons in the Making A Thank You to the Colorado Locker Room

<div align="center">[Image: 1LNpp8i.png]

Eight Seasons in the Making
</div>

I joined the SHL in July of 2016. Immediately I was pulled into a world of fake hockey players and new friendships. Joining with one of the largest classes in the league’s history definitely helped keep my interest as there were so many unique personalities in my class and a lot of people to really call my friends. Even though it was a difficult time in my life, the SHL provided a refuge. After a short time in the league I wanted to take on responsibilities. I wanted to be a leader for new people and help build a team. I applied for countless jobs and was turned down multiple times. I was always the second choice for many jobs. I never thought I would get an SMJHL job.

The chance came before S34, Akamai had decided the job of Colorado Head was not for her anymore and Jay had just taken over. I applied immediately and was given a chance to be part of the Colorado management team. The locker room was pretty dead, to be completely honest, and felt like it had very little going for it. We had a few great players but most were either inactives or not vocal. Colorado was a difficult team to want to play for and kind of a hard sell for free agents. “Yes, we’re a team that has trouble contending, our track record of is either not being in the playoffs or being near the bottom of the ladder, come sign on with us!” And while we still haven’t reached the top of the hill under my tenure as a GM of the Mammoths, we’ve come close multiple times and even got to the cup finals once. But I think winning a cup at this point is the secondary part of my job as an SMJHL GM. But we’ll touch on that a bit later. My tenure in Colorado started as Co-GM to Jay, and I honestly wasn’t the best Co-GM, I was way too hard to work with and controlling. I knew from my first day that I wanted to be THE GUY behind the Mammoths. I was ready, I was willing, and I wanted to take the ropes. So, I apologize to you Jay (@jjaybbs), anywhere you are today. I don’t think you’re active on the site anymore, but I am sorry for my overbearing and controlling nature of the Mammoths. You took a chance on me and I think you so much for sticking your neck out to bring me into the fold.

Back to my philosophy from day one with the Colorado Mammoths. I came into here wanting to win, but before all, I wanted to develop a family. A team where people are super happy to rep the Colorado flag. To proudly say they are part of this squad. Taking this step was difficult at first as we didn’t have much to work with, but the people I drafted made sure this place took those steps. From the existing vets in the LR like <a href='index.php?showuser=2436' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>galatix</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=2281' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>CampinKiller</a> to my first ever draft pick of <a href='index.php?showuser=2587' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>adamantium</a>. They are the foundation of which the current Colorado was built on. I owe everything that this team is now to these people. The first few seasons were really tough at times. Our LR activity slow grew with the aforementioned people and <a href='index.php?showuser=2706' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>StaticShocked</a> & <a href='index.php?showuser=2571' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>dmuda11</a> being part of the discord. Everyone would start talking about the seasons we had. They were the blooming of Colorado. Hiring <a href='index.php?showuser=2264' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>ToeDragon84</a> as my Co-GM was also a great choice. He brought so many of these people on, he was a pillar of the team, and someone who helped with endless hours of scouting, budget work, and just being the other half of building this team. I miss him dearly and I fear we had a bit of a falling out. But I hope he is doing great wherever he is. I miss you brother. I am sorry if anything happened that soured you on me, and hopefully if it was just me and not the squad.

Not until S38 and S39, when I drafted some absolute beauties, did Colorado turn into what it is today. <a href='index.php?showuser=1675' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>enigmatic</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2825' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>wumaduce</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2981' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>emBARK</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=78' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wasty</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2985' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Mavfatha</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2938' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Mackkz</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=2976' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>D-man05</a> added such a huge dynamic to our locker room that it’s kind of hard to describe it. We jumped from being a small group that would talk sparingly to becoming a bonafide team. Our locker room activity in the SMJHL is probably one of the best in the league now and everyone has been so supportive. I love this team. I nearly stepped down this past season due to some real life difficulties, but I looked at this team and I couldn’t stand NOT being part of it. Not being around these people as much. I have realized that being in this discord is no longer about winning, it’s not longer about the record or the scoring titles. It’s about being around friends and sharing this with everyone that is there.

Over the last two seasons we’ve added some very important people to Colorado with <a href='index.php?showuser=3013' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Cash savage</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=3014' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Toxic</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=3008' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Troy_McClure03</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=3050' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>UncleLeo'sKomrade</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=159' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Reynolds</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2700' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Kmarko</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=3081' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>CanucksFan77</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=3019' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Fire-Bred</a>, and welcomed back an old face in <a href='index.php?showuser=1253' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Jala</a>. We’re so excited about the future of the squad on the ice and the continued thriving community we are building with mature, thoughtful, caring, and fun members.

I am so glad to be part of this team. I am glad to call myself the GM. And while I drafted these people, THEY are the ones that have made it spectacular. I love this team so much and all of you are wonderful people. I cannot think of a better group of people on the site and I wish everyone that I get along with on the SHL could be part of this locker room. Thank you all for everything. I look forward to the new chapter of the squad as the Raptors, and I look forward to adding more people to the locker room. I recently chose my next Co-GM in <a href='index.php?showuser=2875' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-62'>FlappyGiraffe</a>, and he is one of the coolest people I've ever come across in a sim league. He's dedicated, friendly, nice, caring, and just everything you look for in someone you'll be talking to a lot. I am so happy he applied for the position and he will be instrumental in this teams growth.

If you’re coming back as a recreate in the near future, feel free to talk to me. I’d love to have you as part of our squad. Colorado has a bright future and is a very loving and supportive place.

PS - I know I missed a lot of people. We've had numerous amazing recreates like Bayley, Allegiant, Austin, Brandon, Toast, GoodLeftUndone, 701, Kendrick, Mook, and so so many more. Thank you to every single one of you. You're all awesome as fuck! If I forgot you it doesn't mean I don't value you. Everyone is valued on this squad! Smile

Let’s Go Raps!

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

L E G E N D A R Y

[Image: izzy.PNG]

<3

[Image: Crawfling2.png]

I happy to be part of it all, and sorry i was only able to contribute to Colorado for two seasons. Def a great place.

Incite, you're a major reason I'm still in the SHL. Thank you for everything you've done for me, and for everything you've done for Colorado. Really glad you stayed on as GM, and didn't abandon the team. Big things are coming for Colorado!

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Hats off to you man Cheers been a lot of fun having you around

6500 posts jfc

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Love you IH Smile
Raptors

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

Mammoths Raptors

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Nice read nice having you Raptors Mammoths

congrats on the great 8 seasons. you'll get your cup soon, you know how to build a team so i have no doubt that you will win the 4 star as a GM.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

8 down, 100 to go!

Love you buddy!!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

gang

no old mammoths logo to post Mammoths

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

I'll never forget that span of time you kept getting the "you were great, but we're gonna go with this other guy" line thrown at you. I wrote a few recommendations for you at that time, and i'm glad you ended up getting the gig, and essentially proving me right. Wink

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Happy to be a part and now time to win a championship

[Image: fJpQZxFh.jpg]

It's true, I am on the team

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender