Create Account

S41 PT #4 - Predictions

[Image: ptpt.png]

[Image: 3.png]

The second round series between the Winnipeg Jets and the Los Angeles Panthers is really heating up. Both these teams are contenders, so anyone could've told you this would be a great series. Right now, the Jets are sitting at the brink of elimination, with the Panthers leading 3-2. Btw
I have a few bold predictions for the conclusion of the series:

1. The Jets will tie it up. Cory Bearss and Zach Evans have been scoring machines these playoffs and they're going to come out ready to okay in game six. They're going to tie it up and bring it back to Winnipeg.
2. The Panthers will play heartbreaker in Winnipeg, winning the final game in double overtime.
3. Matthew Auston will win it for Los Angeles. He's already got eight goals on the post-season, and I'm sure he's hungry for more.
4. Evgeny Marmeladov will be lights out and put himself in MVP contention. Marmy has been great and saved the first round series for the Panthers. He'll out-do himself in the last two games.

Well, we're in the second round now, SO;

I think Hamilton is going to kill West Kendall. The Steelhawks have depth now, depth that they haven't had since the last time they won the cup about 15 seasons ago. West Kendall, on the other hand, is a team in decline, and not good decline- they've rarely won a series in this cycle before now, and had to come from behind against Buffalo to do it. I guess if Ludwig Koch Schroder finally shows up, they might pull it off, but I doubt it.

I also expect Winnipeg to completely dismantle and destroy Los Angeles. The Panthers have been on a hot streak all season, but a hot streak isn't good enough against a team with Winnipeg's firepower. That's still factoring in the reality that Winnipeg are down 2 games to 3. Los Angeles has just one line doing well, and when it fails, they're kinda screwed. Looking for Winnipeg's depth to take advantage of that; Kyle Kylrad, Big Manious, Vijanupatan Singh and Gary Grease have plenty of opportunities they can take here.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

With the Los Angeles Panthers already pushing Winnipeg to the brink of elimination, the only bold prediction one can really make is that Winnipeg will win. Or maybe not. My boldest of bold predictions is that the entire Los Angeles Panthers roster will stage a protest against Panthers across the nation being kept in zoos for our amusement rather than in the wild. With nobody to play the Jets, the league will have to decide a forfeit or something even more drastic. Here's where it gets wild. Since everyone knows the Blizzard were the superior team, they will fill in for the Panthers and lose their first fill in game against Winnipeg as they become ice worthy again. Jason Visnser will rack up the points as thinks look bleak for the Bilzzard Panthers. They will bounce back, however, and earn LA a spot in the conference finals. They will do so on the back of star player Corey Knouse as the Winnipeg goalie lets in shot after shot after shot. It will be a huge upset and one that I think we actually have a strong likelihood of seeing.

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

I think that this could be the season that the Hamilton Steelhawks have a cup run, though I know the West Kendall Platoon is the favorite to win. The Hamilton Steelhawks have a GM who regularly tests line changes and keeps the opposing teams GM’s on their toes at all times. Angelo Odjick after a very lackluster season has been leading the charge in the playoffs, and I think his grit is one of the key reasons they’ve done so well. He’s racking up as many hits as star defenseman Ben Dover, but as a forward. It will be interesting to see if there is an all Canadian matchup for the Challenge Cup here in Season 41. The Steelhawks do have to be wary of both Trevor Wilson and Leafer Reilly. These two players were scoring leaders for West Kendall in the regular season and could still have some untapped scoring to come from them.

It’s currently the second round of the playoff with Hamilton Steelhawks facing West Kendall Platoon and Winnipeg Jets against Los Angeles Panthers. Both series should go to game seven as the teams are pretty well matched. I predict Jets wining over Panthers because of their overall depth and a seasoned veteran goalkeeper. Panthers will fight hard as they did all season, but Jets have the better players all over the position.

As for the Steelhawks and Platoon, I predict Hamilton going to the final in game seven. I don’t think Platoon have the character and the mentality it takes to get to the final. Hamilton suffered a heartbreaking game seven loss last season to the eventual Challenge Cup champions and they return this more determined than ever. Platoons have a stronger goaltender and forward depth, but I think Steelhawks defense is able enough to keep the puck out of the danger area and generate attacks from the back.

Well, we aren't just well into the second round, the second round only has one game left. That will be between the LA Panthers and the Winnipeg Jets. The series is currently tied up at 3 games a piece. I think that the LA Panthers are going to take the series. This isn't really a bold prediction and is more just basic pattern recognition. The away team has won every game so far in this series. The Panthers are playing on the road, so it wasn't much of a stretch to pick them to win. My bold predictions are that Evgueni Marmeladov is going to have a save percentage above .945 in the final game, making all the difference between his team winning and losing. I also think that 4th liner Markus Meliodas will net the game winning goal off a rebound from a point shot by Maurice Picard. Remember, you heard it here first. Game winning goal is Meliodas from Picard.

As we're on the eve of game 7 of the Western Conference Finals and the Eastern Conference is already set at the time of doing this I'll be doing some late 2nd round and finals predictions. I think the Western Conference Final will be won by the Los Angeles Panthers sparking a battle of 2 long standing teams who haven't won in a long time of the Panthers and the West Kendall Platoon. For the finals my prediction will be that the Platoon end their long standing curse and finally bring home the Cup that has alluded them for too long. The Platoon's most important player will continue to be Mikko Linna who leads them in points and tied for the lead in goals. For the Panthers they will be lead into battle by youngster Yuri Boyka Jr who has put on a shot so far in the playoffs to get them this far. I do think the series goes 6 or 7 games but in the end West Kendall is able to prevail.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

My prediction for the first round is that the Edmonton Blizzard will start off dominant against Los Angeles Panthers. Probably get up to something like a three to one series lead. Yeah that sounds about right. However, in typical Edmonton fashion, they will blow it pretty hard. Los Angeles will comeback and win it in seven. Los Angeles’s players will step up big time, namely Reflieux, Matthews, and Boyka. Boyka in particular will come up clutch and dominate the Blizzard’s meek defensive corps led by meek defenders like Tanner. Tanner will do basically nothing, so par for the course for that lad.

Another Panther I expect to do huge big things in the first round is their net minder, Evgueni Marmaledov. This lad is huge, big, massive. The word clutch in the dictionary is followed up by just his name as the definition. He's going to pop off, shutting down the meek Edmonton Blizzard and win four, count em, four games in the series against the ice pups.

Then, into the second round, on the back of Boyka and Marmaledov, the Panthers will defeat the Winnipeg Jets in seven games. Moving on to the Finals, and will then win by default because the league realizes that no one left is good enough to realistically challenge them.

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

I've been on this website for now 8 months and I have a better knowledge of teams history. I've got to say the West Kendall Platoons always intrigued me. They always seem to underperform even though they have one of the best roster on paper year in and year out. They either miss the playoffs by a few points or get toss out in the first round. But things look to be different this time around as they were finally able to get in the 2nd round with a game 7 win against Buffalo. I see a lot of similarities with the Washington Capitals in their current run. They have a lot of veterans and if they want to go through a much better team in Hamilton in the 2nd round they will need their captain Mikko Linna and superstar d-man Ludwig Koch Schroder to step up. I predict WKP will be the East champions winning it in 7.

In the western conference, Winnipeg kept on their regular season path of destruction easily eliminating the last years champ the Calgary Dragons. I don't see Los Angeles being able to keep up with them. I see Winnipeg going in the finals rather easily and winning it all behind huge playoffs performance of Jason Visser and Max Weber.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Right now, we’re sitting at Game 7 of the finals between Los Angeles and Winnipeg. The winner of this game (which may be simmed as I write this) will go on to the Challenge Cup finals against the West Kendall Platoon. Seriously. Insane, I know. Anyway, If I’m the Platoon, I’m going to be rooting for Los Angeles. WKP has a better chance of surviving the series with the Panthers than they do the Jets. Personally, I think the Jets will win Game 7 and go on to take the Challenge Cup over West Kendall in six games. The Jets boast a disgusting embarrassment of riches, with Jason Visser, Corey Bearss, Zach Evans, and Max Weber. And what of Pietra Volkova? As she faces the team that once took her first overall in the SHL Draft, will she feel a twinge of regret and perhaps miss the net a few times on purpose to help her old mates experience a title? Interesting story lines there. (165)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

We're on the eve of the Challenge Cup Finals now. The West Kendall Platoon have already booked their spot in the finals, and will face either the Los Angeles Panthers or the Winnipeg Jets, depending on the winner of the upcoming game 7. Regardless of who wins the West, I predict that the West Kendall Platoon will go up 3-0 in the finals, before losing the next 3 games, causing a game 7. From there, anything can happen.

For West Kendall, their success will depend on Beaujeaux Biscuit. The Platoon do not have the best defense, and they'll be in tough against whoever they face. If they play Winnipeg, they'll be against one of the best offenses ever assembled in the SHL, led by Jason Visser, Zach Evans, and Corey Bearss. The Panthers don't have the same calibre of players, but Sophia Bennett, Jean-Luc Reflieux and Maximilian Wachter are no slouches either.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Well since at the time of writing this PT we know the Challenge Cup finalists, I am going to make my bold predictions off of that. I strongly believe that Matthew Leetch will be the top player for the Los Angeles Panthers in this years final. Leetch has been with the team for so long, and has been one of, if not their top defender since making the jump into the SHL from the Raiders team. His prowess on the puck, and relentless pressure on oncoming attackers will allow him to keep leading scorer Mikka Linna off the scoresheet and will give LA the best chance to win. I also think that his defense is going to be so strong he will be a + player in the first game, and Linna wont get a point in the first game. Setting the defensive tone early is key for Leetch and the Panthers, and behind his leadership they wont miss a beat after a big game 7 win.

(167 words)

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Since I'm doing this with the finals already being decided, I guess I should focus on that since it wouldn't make any sense to do the already decided series. So a West Kendall versus Los Angeles match up could be an explosive one, with a lot of high powered forwards on both teams we could see a lot of scoring. Two players to watch out for are West Kendall's Alex Light (17 points in 13 games) and Los Angeles' Maximilian Wachter (18 points in 14 games). Both have the ability to turn a game on it's head and win it on their own. Now the big question mark for both teams is gonna be goaltending, as LA's Marmeladov has really been playing well for his young age, while for the Platoon, Beaujeaux Biscuit has struggled in certain games and has been bailed out by a high scoring offense. Now looking at the regular season matchups between these two, we see that West Kendall dominated winning both games and outscoring LA 13 goals to 4. Now while the playoffs are different beast, where you can gameplan for one team in particular, this is not a great sign for LA and if they don't get the defense playing to a high level they could get blown out of the series early. My prediction? WKP breaks their curse and ends this series in 6.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

So, this is quite interesting cause I am writing this PT after both the first and the second round are done. Most of the part of the PT thus don’t apply anymore to what I’m writing. In the end, two droughted team are currently going to the final. In the east, we have the West Kendall Platoon and, in the west, we have the Los Angeles Panthers. Kind of weird how West Kendall has west in its name but is from the east … oh well. This can be greatly called upsets to an extend of many other teams we’d have though would make it like the Winnipeg Jets. As for most important players in any team? I would say in the east, it’s mostly Mikko Linna and Alex Light that are showing up every night, with both having at least 17 points. However, Los Angeles seems more complete with four players with over 17 points; Yuri Boyka Jr., Jean-Luc Reflieux, Maximilian Watcher and Matthew Auston.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]