Create Account

S41 PT #4 - Predictions

For the Second Round of the Playoffs the LA Panthers will beat out the Winnipeg Jets. Even though the Winnipeg Jets are the favorite to win this series, LA is riding the strong emotions from going to game 7 just a round before. The most important players for these two teams will be the guys in net. For Winnipeg, Artom Zhumbayev will look to keep playing at the high level he has played all season long. On the other side of the ice will be Evgueni Marmeladov, this is his second year being the starter and has looked good for most part of the season. This is the first time Marmeladov has started in playoffs in SHL and is looking to prove that he belongs in this limelight. After coming off two big shutout games to make a comeback series win against Edmonton, Winnipeg will need to come out strong and try to rattle the young Russian. While LA with their young team will have to take advantage of their speed to try make Artom Zhumbayevs night as hard as possible. But at the end of the series I (biased as I am) think LA will come out of it and see themselves in the Finals once more.

[Image: vikian.gif]

Seeing as I’m doing this at the last possible moment and the first and second rounds have come and gone. I’ve got my money on West Kendal beating Los Angeles and winning the Cup. Currently in the 36th season without a Challenge Cup. LAP has taken each of their two series, versus Edmonton and Winnipeg, to 7 games. WKP went to seven against Buffalo in the first round, but got a game of relaxation time in the last round. WKP is coming into the first game having an additional 2 days of recovery time. Along with that LAP had to face a Winnipeg team that is known for its ability to play the body. My key players to watch for in this series are, Maximillian Wachter of the Panthers and Mikko Linna of the Platoon. Both players are the point leaders for their teams as well as the Game Hero thrice and twice, respectively.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

There’s a lot of talk about the Buffalo and West Kendall matchup going on. You know, being a Toronto North Stars prospect, I don’t really want to see Buffalo succeed. Being a regular human being, I don’t want to see West Kendall succeed either. But my bold prediction is that it doesn’t really matter who comes out of the east division. They won’t win the cup. The West division is much too strong and I believe that whichever team comes out of the Calgary and Jets matchup will win the Cup. Way too much experience and skill on both of those teams to be threatened by the “possibility” of an East team challenging them in the finals. Pretty much, when you have the forward corps of the Dragons or the depth of the Jets, it doesn’t really matter. Actually, I hope Buffalo makes it to the finals so we can all watch them get mangled. 156

*i wrote this a while ago so some predictions may be way off

169 words

The finals are set and it is the Platoon vs the Panthers or as some are saying the drought cup. My prediction for the final series? As much as I want to pull for the family in West Kendall I predict that the Los Angles Panthers will win in 7 games. The last three final appearance for the Platoon have ended in a game 7 loss, and as much as I hate to say it, I think it will happen again.

West Kendall will control the majority of play, often outshooting LA, and deserving to win in 6 games. But LA will take the final two games of the series to pull off the game 7 win.

West Kendall will spend a large majority of their time in the box, and failing to convert on their special teams chances. However, during 5 on 5 play the platoon will carry the play.

My fingers are crossed for West Kendall, but I am not holding my breath during this final series.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

A bold prediction I have for the 2nd round is that the Platoon finally do it and make it to the finals. They have all the tools. They have vets like Trevor Wilson, Mikko Linna, Jon Ross who can come in clutch situations. They have players in the prime of their career like Ludwig Koch Schroder, Leafer Reilly, John Langabeer, and Alex Light who will be taking in big minutes for the Platoon. They have emerging talent like Dionyz Vyskoc, Finn Kruger, and Cam Oulette who can provide some great depth to score in big situations. Last, but not least you got some players in their first year of the playoffs in Kasten Kadinger, Danny Mete, Gabriel Wong, Sven Borkstrand who should gain plenty of experience and gain some confidence as wins pick up. They also got a young ass goalie in net who's having an easy time with the solid defense in front of him. This team has the tools and put together they will end this shitty ass shit drought.

Given that now the finals are set, I can't really make any big predictions about how these two teams would make the finals. But seeing as they are now locked in as competitors, I find it a very interesting match-up. Both teams had very good regular seasons and look to put a cap on a fantastic year. I am biased in my thinking that Los Angeles is going to take this series, but I am not without my doubts. Both teams are loaded with amazing talent. I think the two difference makers in the finals will be Los Angeles' Max Wachter and Sophia Bennett. Both players are extremely talented forwards able to put the team scoring on their backs whenever it is needed. Bennett is an electrifying talent and will be one of the premier players in the series but I think it all falls onto the shoulders of Wachter, if I must name one singular player. With that said Mikko Linna and Alex Light of the Platoon will be hotly on their tails. I predict the series goes to 7 games, with Los Angeles winning it in OT on a Maximillian Wachter OT goal.

(195 Words)

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

Taking a look at the SHL Finals, we see two teams who were neither the top seed entering the playoffs in their respective conference. The Los Angeles Panthers finished second in the Western Conference during the regular season, earning an impressive seventy points on the season. Their opponents, the West Kendall Platoon, had a tad less successful of a regular season, as they finished third in the Eastern Conference, with a final total of fifty-eight points.

In the playoffs, both teams have had very similar journeys, with both teams defeating their first round opponents in seven games respectively. In the second round, the Panthers defeated the Winnipeg Jets in seven games as well, while the Platoon managed to knock off the Hamilton Steelhawks in faster fashion, in only six games.

While the Panthers have had the far more successful regular season, both playoff journeys have been quite similar. I do believe this will be a long series, one that goes at least six games. However, I do believe that the Panthers have simply too much fire power for the Platoon to stop, and I expect a huge series by one of the very best offensive players on the Panthers roster, Sophia Bennett.

Code:
202 words

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

It’s going to be an interesting final this year as the Panthers face off against the Platoon and it’s going to be even more interesting taking a part of it, especially as a rookie. It’s going to be a tough fought series for sure but I’m confident to say that I think the Panthers are going to pull ahead for this bout and not just because I’m on the team. When I look at the two rosters I see a Los Angeles team with scoring depth galore but then West Kendall seems to have two thirds as much, leading me to put a slight edge there. But in the end this is all just Simon T hockey so we will just have to wait and see, thought I do hope and believe that the Panthers are going to break the drought here after too many seasons and It’s great to be a part of the run!

If you would have told me at the start of the season that the Panthers and Platoon would be playing in the challenge cup finals I probably would have laughed at you — I mean no disrespect to either team.

Regardless, as far as predictions go, I think this is going to be a close series just like the rest of the playoffs were. If I absolutely had to pick a winner, I think I would go with the Panthers. I think that these two teams are pretty evenly matched but in a best of 7 series I would give the slight edge to LA. I do believe that the series will go to 7 games and hopefully for the sake of some awesome pbps there will be a few overtime games thrown in there as well. I think LA hold the slight edge in key important areas and that is what will win them the cup this season.

That said, good luck to both teams

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

The Challenge Cup Final this season has a lot of great people in it. A lot of my favorite SHL people are on the Panthers, so I am rooting for them to get the Cup. That said, there are a lot of people on West Kendall that I like and respect -- I would be happy for them to win as well. I think some of the most important players in this series are Matthew Leetch, Matthew Auston, Jean-Luc Reflieux, and Maximillian Wachter for Los Angeles. For West Kendall, they will rely on Mikko Linna, Alex Light to name just a few. This will be a good series, and I'm glad it came down to these teams. A challenge cup for either team will be a big deal and they both have deserved it. It's tough for me to say who will win this match up, but looking at the offenses, I really like what both teams have done. West Kendall has scored more goals, but Los Angeles isn't far behind in that stat. Going to be a good series.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

The Challenge Cup Final is finally upon us. West Kendall and Los Angeles have made it through their respective conferences and are now battling it out for the championship. Mikko Linna has made an enormous impact these playoffs by recording nine goals and eleven assists in thirteen games played, a trend that will prove difficult to keep up, but will greatly benefit the Platoon if it keeps up. Next, the Panthers have three of the top five scorers in these playoffs posting totals of 19, 18, and 18 points. Boyka Jr. is sure to be a major driving force in bringing the Cup back to Los Angeles. I believe this series will go to six games. Marmeladov will backstop the Panthers to two shutouts and win all three home games. The Platoon will have to count on Beaujeaux standing on his head to steal a few games. I'm really hoping this series can entertain us with a few overtime games.

[Image: D6T4tiy.png]  [Image: 5cVzKxa.png] | [Image: LWLEHdF.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png]  [Image: D6T4tiy.png]
[Image: xwSUfzz.png]

[Image: aMvKdGW.png]

Now that we have reached the challenge cup finals and have learned it will be the West Kendall Platoon facing off against the Los Angeles Panthers, I have two bold predictions that I would like to make. First of all, I predict that the Los Angeles Panthers will win the series in five games off the strong play of Matthew Auston. Furthermore, I also would like to predict that there will be 43 goals scored in total throughout this series. If my previous prediction of the series ending in 5 games holds up, that means that there will be 43 divided by 5 goals scored per game in the finals. After running the calculation through my ti-83 calculator, I have come to the conclusion that there will be 8.6 goals scored in every game. Obviously you can't score 0.6 goals in one game in hockey, so some games there may be 7 goals, and in others there may be 9. Those have been my predictions, and now that I have written at least 150 words I have fulfilled the PT requirements.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Since I'm doing this late, I'm going to mention a few surprises. Surprise #1: Winnipeg easily defeating Calgary in 6 games. Winnipeg has been ousted by these pesky Dragons the last few Playoffs, so you would have thought it would go at least 7 games or that last year's champs would prevail again. However, a close OT win in game one was followed by a 4-0 shutout win in game 2. The Jets then took a 3-1 series lead, and after failing to clinch the series in game 5, shutout the Dragons yet again in game 6. The Jets outscored Calgary 23-18 and never lost control after grabbing the early lead.

Surprise #2: The Platoon falling down 2-0 in the first round to Buffalo. These two teams were evenly matched coming into the series, with just one extra loser point giving Buffalo home ice advantage. However, Buffalo stole game one by overcoming a 4-2 deficit in the third period by scoring 3 unanswered goals in just over 2 minutes. Then in game 2, Buffalo grabbed a 5-1 lead, but just barely managed to win 5-4. The Platoon won the next two games, but Buffalo took the lead back with a decisive 5-3 win in game 5. The Platoon didn't give up though, and won the next two games by a total of 8-1; the two most dominant wins of the series.

Prediction: The Panthers will win the Cup over the Platoon. The Panthers won a thrilling 7-game series against the Jets (yes, those Jets that dethroned the champs), and the Platoon handled the Steelhawks in 6 games. Although I see this as another close series, the Panthers' goaltending should be the catalyst to victory. Both teams have fire power, with Linna leading the way for the Platoon (9 goals, 20 points), and Boyka leading the Panthers with 19 points and 9 goals, but the Panthers have the much steadier goalie. Biscuit has had issues this post-season, with a .893 save percentage and a 3.45 GAA, and those numbers are with a shutout. Marmeladov has played well in some crucial games, and has two shutouts. His .905 save percentage and 2.98 GAA are great improvements over his crease combatant. That said, Marmeladov has taken 3 penalties, so maybe the Platoon can try to rattle him and take advantage of his over aggressive crease-keeping.

I'm pretty sure the Winnipeg Jets are going to wind up facing the West Kendall Platoon in the SHL Challenge Cup Finals. I know that's going out on a limb, but I'm willing to take that stand. That being said, let's look a little more in depth at the coming clash of wannabe champions.

First off, the Jets definitely have the goaltending advantage when comparing between Beaujeux Biscuit and Ahrtom Zhumbayaev (just guessing on that spelling). Mr Biscuit is young and building. I'm sure he will be an absolute stud when all is said and one, but the TPE level just can't quite compare just yet.

The defenses between the two squads are far more even. Finn Kruger, for one, on the Platoon is definitely ready to skate with the big boys. On the other hand, the Jets D corps is starting to show some age around the edges. Big Manius is so old, he farts dust. He's so old he remembers the Alamo from firsthand experience.

The forward on the Jets are another level above anyone else and could end up being the deciding factor in this series. I don't think there is a more talented and deep forwards group in the league.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

As an Edmonton Blizzard player the biggest pain in the arse for the last two seasons have been Winnipeg Jets. Both seasons we had a good fight with them and went till game 7 and there we lost to them. So our main goal before the playoffs was not to get them again in the first round just so that we can break the curse. We did it! We got Los Angeles Panthers instead and we felt really happy. The robin round index started well and we were having good run and felt like we gonna get further. We already found out that Winnipeg has won their duel against the raining chapions Calgary Dragons and are in the next round where they gonna be our opponent when we win Los Angeles Panthers. Although Los Angeles Panthers is a good team and we tied with them point wise in the season we did not think of it much and maybe that was the issue as they picked up their arses and kicked ours. Yet again we flopped in a 7 game matchup. So Im beyond even caring for what is happening further in the playoffs as it is just stupid. Every time we are so close but so far. Next season I guess?

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]