Create Account

S42 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2018, 09:44 PM by Waters.)

[Image: SMJHL-Falcons.png]

What's up fellas, My name is Ben Waters and I am the Co-GM of the Detroit Falcons. We are a franchise coming off a 3 finals in 4 seasons run from S37-S40. We are a team looking to rebuild using picks in the S42 draft, which means, unless you're some insanely good player who has 0 chance to drop to the 2nd round, you could be a Falcon by the end of the draft. Historically, we tend to draft pretty well, and we were able to establish a long-standing core out of very few picks in the last Reddit draft. We hope to do the same this time around, but with more to work with. So, fill out these questions, and I hope to see your name called by our historic franchise on draft night!

Code:
[b]Do you have any previous sim league experience?[/b]

[b]To be a big time player in the SHL, you need to have the time to produce media on a consistent level and spend a good amount of time on doing tasks to improve your player. Are you going to spend a lot of time working on your boy, or are you a busy guy irl with not too much time to spend? [/b]

[b]What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? favorite games? favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?[/b]

[b]you can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you got drafted to some shitbird team who's GM has a stupid name like Waters or something and you just want to get out of there as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? [/b]

[b]Show us your cute pets. [/b]

[b]Post a sick ass meme you just stole off reddit. [/b]

[b]Do you have any interest in being a Falcon? [/b]

[b]Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?[/b]

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2018, 09:44 PM by Waters.)

Do you have any previous sim league experience?
Not at all

To be a big time player in the SHL, you need to have the time to produce media on a consistent level and spend a good amount of time on doing tasks to improve your player. Are you going to spend a lot of time working on your boy, or are you a busy guy irl with not too much time to spend?
I have 20 mill in the bank so weekly spending is fine, and I will do the PT's for sure.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? favorite games? favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
I work all day, PhD life.

you can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you got drafted to some shitbird team who's GM has a stupid name like Waters or something and you just want to get out of there as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?
I like the idea of becoming the GOAT player on an SMJHL team so I can see myself staying for as long as possible.

Show us your cute pets.
Don't have any

Post a sick ass meme you just stole off reddit.
[Image: 1V72C4q.jpg] I'm actually too old to know what he is, but this is from reddit.

Do you have any interest in being a Falcon?
Yeah for sure. looks like a solid team.

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?
You'll regret not drafting me.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2018, 09:45 PM by Waters.)

Yes
To be a big time player in the SHL, you need to have the time to produce media on a consistent level and spend a good amount of time on doing tasks to improve your player. Are you going to spend a lot of time working on your boy, or are you a busy guy irl with not too much time to spend?
It's summer right now, So easily have time to produce media, and upgrade my dude
What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? favorite games? favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
Mainly Sleeping, Love all the sports games, Not a chip guy, more of a pretzel guy, Panthers
you can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you got drafted to some shitbird team who's GM has a stupid name like Waters or something and you just want to get out of there as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?
Idk, if I got drafted to a team with a GM named Waters, I guess I'd "draft" (Literally and figuratively) out of their in a couple seasons
Show us your cute pets.
I don't have any, :(
28-3
Not if y'all blow 28-3 leads like the Atlanta Falcons, But for now I'm interested
Not really anything else

[Image: ev8zDus.png]
Marc Palicka
Czech Center
Falcons Falcons Falcons

CzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakia
[Image: TeamCzechoslovakia.png]
CzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakia

06-28-2018, 09:02 PMKing Wrote: Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?

[Image: 2d38db.jpg]

Player Page
Update Page

06-28-2018, 09:46 PMWaters Wrote:
06-28-2018, 09:02 PMKing Wrote: Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?

[Image: 2d38db.jpg]

I like this.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

Nahh

I am very busy irl, and on this site as a GM. I'll obviously be putting in the time on this guy, but we'll see how media goes.

Working, spending time with the gf and spending a ton of time on scouting and reaching out and talking with people on SHL. I am constantly looking to improve my team and get to know the newest draftees. In terms of favorite NHL team, the Colorado Avalanche, favorite games I tend to play NHL 18, sometimes Sea of Thieves is nice to just sail around and relax in (not else to do anyway) and Stardew Valley is my go to for everything.

2 seasons. I'll develop to around 500 TPE and make the jump. It's been a proper structure for a while in Manhattan with Reginald Rove and Reginald MacIntyre doing the same. (Oh shit, I should've named myself Reggie.)

Show us your cute pets.
If you draft me.

Uhh ... I'm too busy to go looking for this shit.

Yeah, I would say so. Jakub Aittokallio was a Falcon in S12, so ya know, 30 years later sounds about right for his youngest son to join in.

Not that I can think of. Good luck facing me, because I doubt you'll have a shot at drafting me, unfortunately.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Tons lol. Joined here 6 years ago, GM and NCAA President on the SBA
I'll spend time I just need to be actively engaged
Coding, media spots, and helping with teh NCAA on teh SBA. Working out, pick-up basketball etc.
I want to spend a lot more time in juniors since I'll be more engaged that way
Show us your cute pets.
don't have any
:(
Huge -- S9 Champion and alternate captain (I think)
Nope

Besides my 7 years here, my many players in the VHL, GOMHL and running my own GM sim league, The PHL, nope.

No time at all to do extra work. Max will be a bum

I'm a father of two and I work. I like the Minnesota Wild

If drafted here, I'll be here 2 seasons tops.

Show us your cute pets.
I don't have pets, I have children.

Nah

Honestly? not really nothing against you, I just don't.

Nope

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Just a massive collection of failures

what is an tep

I work, and when I don't work I smoke weed, play video games, and sometimes sleep. Favorite game iof all time is Skyrim, but lately I have been playing NHL18. Console guy, have xbox and switch. Favorite chips are tacos and salsa. Lifelong fan of the Oilers.

want to play 2, will play 3 depending on SHL situation.

Show us your cute pets.

N/A

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

06-28-2018, 11:47 PMSmirnov Light Wrote: Do you have any previous sim league experience?
Tons lol. Joined here 6 years ago, GM and NCAA President on the SBA
:OOOOO sixers

hire me as AD

Player Page
Update Page

Do you have any previous sim league experience? Yes

To be a big time player in the SHL, you need to have the time to produce media on a consistent level and spend a good amount of time on doing tasks to improve your player. Are you going to spend a lot of time working on your boy, or are you a busy guy irl with not too much time to spend? I'm pretty busy nowadays, I'm planning to do PTs and the like but probably won't really write an articles outside of that and instead try to use the money I saved up through my previous players.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? favorite games? favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? Sports, video games, hanging out with friends, the usual stuff. My favorite NHL Team are the Sabres. Yes, I know I'm an idiot.

you can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you got drafted to some shitbird team who's GM has a stupid name like Waters or something and you just want to get out of there as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? 2-3 seasons sounds about right, I moved up after 2 seasons with my previous players but it felt a bit too early both times, so I might go for 3 this time around.

Show us your cute pets. Don't have any :(

Post a sick ass meme you just stole off reddit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Do you have any interest in being a Falcon? I don't really have a strong team preference either way. Haven't had the best experiences with the Falcons in the past but I guess this is, well, in the past now.

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft? Not that I can think of at the moment. I hate Interested Prospect threads anyway so if you wanna know anything else, just hit me up via PM or Discord :D

Russo will be my third SHL player, my last one being Vratislav Zbynek 

When it comes to media, I normally write one or two big pieces towards the start of each season to ensure that I have enough money to buy full equipment and maintain top training

I coach and play soccer, favourite game atm is Fortnite, Miss Vickey's Salt and Vinegar or Ruffles All-Dressed, and Go Bruins Go!

4 seasons at least. I have some ideas about mayyybbbbbbe seeing about 5, but definitely 4+

Show us your cute pets. 
None of my doggo on my laptop  Stfu

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/a5...60swp.webp

For sure! I"ve heard great things about the team!

Draft me
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2018, 06:37 PM by Bonk.)

Yes I do

I think I will manage

I am an old man, who is a Blackhawks fan. Wife kids etc.….

I will probably let the team who drafted me make the call.

Show us your cute pets.

[Image: facebook_1485927460475.jpg]

[Image: if-you-could-go-ahead-and-keep-your-sick...-great.jpg]

You said sick ass

Why not add another name to the Detroit Falcons Individual Records page.

I do not think so.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

yes, on here

I GOT 26M IN THE BANK BOYS

mmos, and working :<

5 season 155 bust

Show us your cute pets.
@Sleepy <3

@Sleepy came from reddit right?

no, sorry :( reds not my color

I will fill your net with pucks waters

Yea on here for a while now. No other leagues yet.

I'll spend plenty of time. Bank account is a little shallow but I have media coming. PTs and the rest aren't a problem for me.

Not much of a gamer anymore but the occasional Overwatch or WoW. Other than that, occasional Netflix, hanging out with my kids, etc.
Martins BBQ or Salt and Vinegar.
Capitals

I'll probably spend quite a while in Juniors since Vrana is a goalie. I'm fine with that.

Show us your cute pets.
No pictures unfortunately.

I'm not big on memes personally. A lot of them are the same pictures over and over with little words attached. They get old. But please do not let this extensive clarification distract you from the fact that in 1998, The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer's table

Sure but I highly doubt I'll be drafted here. If I am that's cool though. You guys usually put together a good team.

Not really.