Create Account

Minnesota Chiefs Announcement
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2018, 02:30 PM by Baelor Swift.)

Minnesota Chiefs Announcement

As we head into Season 42, we have an important and exciting announcement out of Minnesota. At this point, our head office has undergone virtually no changes over the past ten seasons but that is about to change. Effective immediately, new members will be assuming the roles of Co-GM and Coach. Both have management experience, are loyal teammates and friends who have been with the franchise for each of their players’ entire careers, and will be able to transition into their new roles with ease as we continue to chase after another Challenge Cup.

Before announcing the new members of our management team, I would like to thank @Andybj for his many eight seasons of service as Co-GM. Over that period of time, we’ve seen the franchise grow from mediocrity into a perennial contender, have dealt with more shitstorms than we would have liked to be involved with, finally brought the Challenge Cup back to Minnesota, and, most importantly, have built a franchise with a strong foundation full of great people. I truly appreciate the support that Andy has reliably provided during his tenure and hope that, although stepping down from the Co-GM position, he will continue to be an important part of the Chiefs organization.

Now, for the announcements of the new members of management. First, our new coach is actually a former coach of this team. He has some serious experience in the SHL and has GMed a team to a cup in the past. Despite his three season absence from the position, he has continued to be someone who can be counted on to provide a strong and trusted opinion on the team’s decisions and I look forward to bringing @sarmo back into an official management position!

And for Co-GM, this is a relatively new member who has already spent a number of seasons as a Co-GM down in the SMJHL. He may not be the most recognized member on the forums but he has proven he has the skills and dedication required of a Co-GM and he ideally will continue to gain experience now in the SHL. Spending the last season as coach, this promotion is well deserved and I look forward to seeing what @Shmurph can do as the newest Co-GM of the Minnesota Chiefs!

These changes are indicative of the franchise’s development itself – as much as it is ridiculous that we still have Alonzo Garbanzo and Lord Pretty Flacko continuing to play at a high level in their 22nd and 15th seasons with the Chiefs, respectively, we are very much seeing a shift towards our younger players as they continue to make strides in their development and establish their own legacies with the team and in the SHL. I believe that these changes will afford us the ability to remain a contender for many seasons to come and I look forward to working with this group and doing whatever it takes to remain a top tier team in the SHL that will always be in the mix for a Challenge Cup.

Yaaaay

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Let`s Go CHIEFS!

Shl - = - Falcons - = - Patriotes - = - Canada - = - Shl
[Image: eqsu1WN.png]

Congrats@Shmurph

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

wow

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

eww

Congrats to Minny for some great staff changes!

[Image: galatix2.gif]
by @NUCK @QuantumCowboy @engimatic @GLU @FlappyGiraffe @karey

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] l [Image: HuqtOb2.png]

Congrats on the new jobs guys

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Great to see you get a new GM role @Shmurph, congrats man

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page