Create Account

IIHF Host Bid Finalists
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2018, 12:43 PM by artermis.)

S42 IIHF Tournament Host
Part 2
[Image: IIHF_Header.jpg]

With the middle of the SHL season upon us the International Ice Hockey Federation is getting ready to choose which country will be hosting the S42 IIHF World Championships and World Junior Championships. With the previous news covering interviews with some of the possible hosts coming out, more news has been released with information about the two federations that officially entered hosting bids in before the IIHF’s deadline. These bids came from the Czechoslovakian Ice Hockey Federation and the Norwegian Ice Hockey Federation.

Both bids are being considered carefully by all members of the IIHF and an announcement is expected to be made during the upcoming weekend. Either bid is worthy of being chosen and the IIHF would benefit from either country being chosen as the host. We’ll be talking about a few of the most important parts of each bid while we wait for the final decision to come out.

Czechoslovakia’s Bid:

[Image: 2019_-_WJHC_logo_1.jpg]

Czechoslovakia’s bid has three parts that stood out in particular among the large number of ideas that they brought to the table. Their pre-tournament overview article, an IIHF legends exhibition game, and a daily IIHF recap.

Pre-tournament Overview Article
This is expected to be a large multifaceted article that covers quite a bit of information on every team. It would likely include things like each team’s strengths and weaknesses, up and coming prospects, captaincy announcements, and a review of the past few seasons for that team (including roster changes and medals).

IIHF Legends Exhibition Game
The IIHF has been around for a long time. The expectation is that the person in charge of putting this game together will contact the greatest IIHF players of all time that have retired and ask them to play in this exhibition game. Coaches for the two teams would likely be players who are no longer able to play but would still would like to be a part of the game. Coverage of the game would be in the form of a play by play.

Daily IIHF Recap
The IIHF is full of exciting games that sometimes go overlooked due to players either not having the time to check the schedule, or the outcomes of other games, and sometimes only look at the standings. This daily IIHF recap will save time while also creating a more interesting visualization of the day’s events. Fans will learn more about the teams than just their statistics, they will learn who the leaders in the locker rooms are and about rivalries that have formed between the teams.

Norway’s Bid:

[Image: DSPqHmN.png]

Norway’s bid has four very specific parts to it that are clearly outlined. To begin with, the rinks where the games would take place are outlined, then the rest of the bid is explained. The four overarching ideas are media, an opening ceremony, creating hype, and play by plays.

Media
A list of ideas for media are given to inform the general public on the current state of the IIHF and get fans excited for the tournament before the action begins. A few of the ideas are writing articles about IIHF legends, future IIHF leaders, the most impactful transfers and the top unassigned players. These would likely be published before the opening ceremony.

Opening Ceremony
The proposed opening ceremony would be headlined by a Norwegian legend lighting the IIHF torch and would involve a large presentation focusing on player heritage. The impact of growing the game in different countries has been huge, but the idea is to emphasize the importance of keeping the great game of hockey growing in traditional hockey countries as well and having pride in your country.

Creating Hype
In order to create hype for the players and organizations involved in the World Championships the Norwegian Ice Hockey Federation has proposed the creation of signatures for the winning team to be provided by the host country.

Play by Plays
Play by plays will be done for the medal games of the World Championships and involve some form of video, audio or stream combining the two. Sign ups would be held during the first round of the knockout stage to allow enough time for people to sign up. Commentators would be selected randomly from the group of applicants.

Each Federation has put forth some great ideas. It’s only a matter of time until we announce who will be hosting the S42 IIHF World Championships. Look for more news in the coming days.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

I thought this always ended up in Austria or whatever the fuck team Izzy is on
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2018, 12:45 PM by artermis.)

07-29-2018, 12:06 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote: I thought this always ended up in Austria or whatever the fuck team Izzy is on

Austria can't host again until S46 as there is a 5-season cool-down for hosting duties

i play with them a lot.
HIRE ARTY

07-29-2018, 12:45 PMartermis Wrote:
07-29-2018, 12:06 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote: I thought this always ended up in Austria or whatever the fuck team Izzy is on

Austria can't host again until S46 as there is a 5-season cool-down for hosting duties

ugh whats the point of hosting again

Very cool build up to the IIHF, good stuff.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

07-29-2018, 12:59 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote:

To make a name for your federation and keep people thinking about the IIHF for longer than the offseason.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

-> Official IIHF Media and Hype Position
-> Free advertisement for your nation
-> Variable Salary depending on work done and those involved

i play with them a lot.
HIRE ARTY

07-30-2018, 09:16 AMartermis Wrote: -> Variable Salary depending on work done and those involved

hello yes I would like to host the IIHF , please and thank you

07-30-2018, 09:48 AMWhite Cornerback Wrote:
07-30-2018, 09:16 AMartermis Wrote: -> Variable Salary depending on work done and those involved

hello yes I would like to host the IIHF , please and thank you

A new bid has been entered for hosting the IIHF. No highlights of the hosting have been outlined yet and likely won't be in the future. The IIHF has declined to speak on whether or not they are taking the bid from "Dermont" seriously, but sources have told me that we may have a new frontrunner for the S42 IIHF host.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

07-30-2018, 09:16 AMartermis Wrote:

Hey, another job that pays more than HO. Because the 20m in media pay from hosting the tournament isn't enough.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

But seriously, how is this a paid task? You are getting the media pay, and the privilege (And free advertising, which, let's be real, is just free recruitment and yet another workaround of the "Only use your recruitment page" decree) of "hosting" the games. And some of the items highlighted in these bids, like hosting PbPs, should fall on HO if anything. Can anyone explain this?

Nikolai Evans

07-30-2018, 10:38 AMztevans Wrote: But seriously, how is this a paid task? You are getting the media pay, and the privilege (And free advertising, which, let's be real, is just free recruitment and yet another workaround of the "Only use your recruitment page" decree) of "hosting" the games. And some of the items highlighted in these bids, like hosting PbPs, should fall on HO if anything. Can anyone explain this?

I believe you just get the normal pay you'd get from media and the payment you're thinking of is just a little bonus tacked on if you did exceptional work Izzy did last season. Dude set a real high bar though so I doubt anyone gets a bonus unless they put in a crazy amount of work. My guess is whoever gets it the next few seasons will just get normal media pay.

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

07-30-2018, 10:29 AMztevans Wrote:

Hey, another job that pays more than HO. Because the 20m in media pay from hosting the tournament isn't enough.

You don't get 20m for hosting the tournament lmao

07-30-2018, 12:50 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
07-30-2018, 10:38 AMztevans Wrote: But seriously, how is this a paid task? You are getting the media pay, and the privilege (And free advertising, which, let's be real, is just free recruitment and yet another workaround of the "Only use your recruitment page" decree) of "hosting" the games. And some of the items highlighted in these bids, like hosting PbPs, should fall on HO if anything. Can anyone explain this?

I believe you just get the normal pay you'd get from media and the payment you're thinking of is just a little bonus tacked on if you did exceptional work Izzy did last season. Dude set a real high bar though so I doubt anyone gets a bonus unless they put in a crazy amount of work. My guess is whoever gets it the next few seasons will just get normal media pay.

That's the exact opposite of what Arty is saying.

07-30-2018, 12:51 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
07-30-2018, 10:29 AMztevans Wrote:
07-29-2018, 12:45 PMartermis Wrote: Austria can't host again until S46 as there is a 5-season cool-down for hosting duties

You don't get 20m for hosting the tournament lmao

Izzy absolutely made that much in media, plus the 5m bonus.

Nikolai Evans

Media Payout: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2458067

Hosting Payout: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2463395

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for media hype and more eyes on IIHF. But let's be honest, people are already bidding on a huge media payout windfall and exposure for their teams. If there was ever a task that didn't need further financial incentive on this site, it's this one.

Nikolai Evans