Create Account

Early Entry level Draft Rankings (ready for grading)
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018, 01:55 PM by Troy_McClure03.)

Pre-Questionnaire Rankings Based on Overall players. (grade away!)

In the perfect world, I would put every possible new draftee as number one. However, I cannot do that. So instead, I rank the 15 or so players that are in the wings for this years draft. I send them all a very nonsense questionnaire to see if they would change my mind based on the answers. I am working on very limited information, so it is hard to really rank, especially at the bottom. So please do not get insulted if you read this and go “wtf, I should be higher then some other idiots here,” I don't disagree, I am just using a formula I made last off season to see how it pans out.

Part of this system is color coding, which I will not explain to you, ever.

Anyway, Starting from the bottom and working my way up.

Number 15 Overall:
Ryan Quinn Defense man– Yellow

I picked Ryan Quinn last overall because he has been away from the site the longest. I do not have any history on him or any idea if he coming back. He might be waiting it out for the draft, but it is hard to tell for sure, so If I was making any selections, I would think hard about how badly I need a 155 TPE D man. Prove me wrong @gbpackers4! Prove me wrong!

Number 14 Overall:
The Klaw Defense man – Yellow

The Klaw is in the same boat as Ryan Quinn. I would love to think he is coming back, but I cannot say that, and so I have to treat The Klaw like he is going to stay @ 155. If other options are open and I do not need to fill a spot, I'd take the pass over him.

Number 13 Overall:

Maurice Amin LW – Yellow

Some people call me Maurice... But a true rookie that has been away from the forums I'm afraid follows the same as those above.  A little move active then above, but still afk for long enough to raise concern from this writer. Hopefully I am wrong, and this stock will jump!

Number 12 Overall:

Ruaridh Monroe LW - Yellow

Same as the above three. Interestingly enough, This is the only player in the class that opted to have Defense as a weakness. At the Jr. level, that shouldn't be a huge issue, but as this player progressed, I'd be fearful.

Number 11 Overall:

Shawnomir Jagr – RW – Light Yellow

I put Shawnomir here at 11 which hurt me to do. I love the name, this player is a recreate so they know what they are doing, and I have no doubt that if they return they will be great. But they are on the outside of the top 10 exclusively because they haven't be on the forums. Maybe they are just waiting for the draft, or maybe they are never coming back. With no sense of that, I have to rank low over someone who has been on more recently. I have a feeling Jagr won't stay down here long, however.

Number 10 Overall:

Lillie Jacobs: RW – Light Green

Lillie Makes the top 10 based on the other 5 possible players being afk. This build is one of those rare enforcers, which can make things very interesting. At the Jr. level, it can be tough to give big minutes to a player who's build isn't designed to necessarily score a goal, and with a limited amount of TPE, this build can be downright scary. However, it can also be successful, and hopefully that is the root this build is taking. I look forward to Jacobs rocking players for years to come with 99 fighting.

Number 9 Overall:

Xena- C- Orange

The Warrior Princess cracks the top 10! With a traditional build as far as Strengths and Weakness goes, this player could very well be useful in both the Jr. and the major leagues. With a small sample size, I honestly expect this center to drop a few places. But if they draft was today, and I had the 9th overall pick, Xena might very well be that pick.

Number 8 Overall:

Jerry Larry LW - Blue

Jerry's first name rhymes with his last name, and I think that is down right neat. Another traditional build, this player has a ton of potential like everyone else here. They have completed the starting tasks and hopefully that activity will continue. Still a second round pick by SMJHL standards, but again only because of the small sample size I have to work with.

Number 7 Overall:

Bernard Freeman RW – Blue

It doesn't look like anything to me. A solid build with the activity to boot, I have Bernard sitting right outside the first round. I think I am pretty dead on, and this might be the position Bernard goes, but who knows? Prove me wrong buddy!

Number 6 Overall:

Jacob Dorito – LW Grey
Focusing just on the build, Jacob is fine. Checking being a weakness is pretty much standard for anyone who is a sniper, However, the man behind Jacob is what will hurt this draft stock as we get closer. I am not convinced that Jacob doesn't exist in this draft class more than once, honestly, but that story is for another day. For now, let me say that if I ignore all the other bullshit, and had the last pick in the first round, this could be my pick. That is focusing just on the player potential, and nothing more.

Number 5 Overall:

Phoenix Kississippi C: Grey

Phoenix is a recreate that has very safe strengths and weaknesses. They will hopefully hit the ground running . They have much less baggage then the above Jacob, but still the have had issues in the league before with time, and I wonder with the school year coming up if this will become expendable. But as of today, I have this player going 5th overall, with the expectation of dropping. But that could turn this player into a low pick high reward kind of pick. Only time will tell.

Number 4 Overall:

Pavel Volkov C – Yellow

Pavel has a solid build. This is the highest ranking a true rookie has had, and I expect that to drop as other players prove value by not being AFK. However, I could also see this player beating out established players based on maturity and ambition alone.

Number 3 Overall

Jean-Pierre Gay D – Grey/ Yellow

Jean-Pierre has a build meant for the long hull, while still being serviceable in the minors. This is a very handy thing to have. I think Jean has the prestige to last and will do very well. Towards the top has the same problem as towards the bottom, where a lot of players could be in a range, but you have to place them somewhere. Jean isn't the first overall pick, but that potential is there.

Number 2 overall:

Zach Holt D – Green

Zach has the build of a d man who is going to put up points, and often. They are active, they are ready, and they are going in the top 3. Team needs shouldn't matter here; draft the best player possible then make a trade or force a lesser player to play out of position.

Number 1 overall:

Willie Fisterbottom D – Green

Active, not going to be a huge goal scorer in the Jrs, but a solid D build is expected. The only two way D man build so far, this player I anticipate to get top pairing minutes by the end of his first season. I have no doubts that this is a top three pick, but it all depends on the other builds and who ever else jumps in to see where they end up.

A few players have responded to my questionnaire, and I will be re-ordering these players in a few days based on there responses.

(1347 +

So, a lot of people retired and remade, making my old rankings really useless. I am going to just make a new one and not build off this one.

[Image: latest?cb=20140817001640]

Sorry kids. You don't get to see my little party trick after all.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Wow grey AND yellow I'm blessed

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

JP ranked ahead of me? Confirmed poop.

08-22-2018, 02:55 PMAllen Wrote: JP ranked ahead of me? Confirmed poop.

Rule 1: Be good
Rule 2: Don't be shit

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

08-22-2018, 03:01 PMJumpierPancakes Wrote:
08-22-2018, 02:55 PMAllen Wrote: JP ranked ahead of me? Confirmed poop.

Rule 1: Be good
Rule 2: Don't be shit

Rule #1: JP is shit
Rule #2: JP is asian

i guess, i didn't get the questionnaire :(

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

People sleeping on @ontanis

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

08-22-2018, 03:25 PMKing Wrote: People sleeping on @ontanis

He wasn't listed here. But did contact me and I'll update it with the next update!

Is there somewhere else I should be looking that you know about? I don't want to miss anyone else

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

My rhyming name has set me up for success like my father before me Barry Larry.

08-22-2018, 08:34 PMtwerkin4jesus Wrote: My rhyming name has set me up for success like my father before me  Barry Larry.

Are you related to Terry Larry?

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

08-22-2018, 08:55 PMGrapehead Wrote:
08-22-2018, 08:34 PMtwerkin4jesus Wrote: My rhyming name has set me up for success like my father before me  Barry Larry.

Are you related to Terry Larry?

Ahh yes my great uncle 4 times removed. We don’t talk about him.

Where I go will be very dependent on who I talk with. If a team buys into me, then I can promise a capped player. I think I should not be ranked this high but I appreciate the kind words (as well as the realism)

Just wait. Jacob's is gonna be that girl you send out to get in stars heads. And I doubt she'll fail when she's kickin their ass

Draft me 1st overall or you're a coward