Create Account

FSF: Season 43 Edition

[Image: SCOUT_IMAGE.png]

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN OF THE SHL, WELCOME TO THE SEASON 43 EDITION OF FALK SCOUTING

After several weeks of planning, coordinating, excruciating scouting techniques, in-depth analysis, interviews... the much-anticipated scouting booklet has arrived. The FSF's scouts have exceeded all expectations and blown this completely out of the water, the more I read into the work they put into this the more I become amazed. They have scouted 20 prospects from all over the globe, encompassing 26 countries and prospects from every SMJHL team.

Something to keep in mind when reading through the profiles, is that each scout had their own unique approach to the scouting process. For example, you will read actual interviews (these are NOT 'simulated' interviews, questions & answers were actually exchanged), projected ceilings/floors, relationships & controversies with other players/members, activity levels, previous players (for re-creates), builds, statistics, bankroll, etc. If a GM takes it into consideration when drafting a player, the incredible scouts took it into account.

There's no reason to delay this, so without further adieu, the results of our first scout...

NICTOX
@Nictox

[Image: KAZARIAN.jpg]
Player Name: Kevin Kazarian
Team: Montreal Militia
Position: Left Wing
Height/Weight: 6'-3" / 192 lbs
Stats: 50 GP | 6 G | 18 A | +10 | 33 PIM | 28 HIT | 2 SB

Kazarian is a center for the Montreal Militia. He wears number 12 and plays an offensive forward style. Out of 718 face offs, he would win 56.27% of those. His strengths are Passing, Scoring, and Skating. His weakness is checking. He is a very active member on the site and contributes mainly to the graphics department and comments frequently. He updates every week and always gets his PT's and trainings done. You can always find him posting comments everywhere. As a re-create, we have to dive into his original player(s), to see how successful they were with them. His original player, Harry Hans, was created February 27, 2016 and was a part of S29 SHL draft. He was drafted 17th overall in the S28 SMJHL entry level draft by the St. Louis Scarecrows. The Scarecrows would give him the title of "Away Assistant Captain" for his first season. He would latter be picked 6th overall by Seattle Riot. His player would go on to find success in the SHL. He vanished for about 9 months in late 2017. He would come back in June of 2018, to announce his official retirement. Then, on the same day, announced his official re-create. Kazarian should be a strong player and has a history of success. His bank account is sitting at a cool ~51 million, and he seems to be prepared for his early years in the SHL. He was drafted 17th overall in the SMJHL entry draft by the Montreal Militia. He would record his first point in game # 16 versus Halifax, with an assist on Rasmus Rasmus goal. Sitting at 264 TPE, he ranks 6th among rookie centers and 24th overall, in TPE. With his history on the site, he should easily be a first round pick.

When asked about interactions in the Discord Locker Room, he would tell us, "l like Montreal. I don't talk that much in discord, but everyone is super nice and we all get along." He seems to be very eager for the draft. When asked about where he would want to go, "I'd go anywhere, to be honest." We also had a chance to ask him about any players he would want to be drafted with, "Someone like (Goku) Muerto, as we go back to the Manhattan days." One thing to note about Kazarian, is his work ethic. He works really hard to be a better player everyday and is aiming to be a consistent player on and off the ice. So with a successful history, and a very eager new player, Kazarian will be one to watch in the upcoming draft. Kazarian was named to Team USA's world junior team, where he will be centering the first line with some really good goal scorers on his wings.

POTENTIAL: I have his ceiling as an Elite center, while his floor is Top 9 forward. He could easily reach his ceiling with the way he is training now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: leitner.jpg]
Player Name: Johannes Leitner
Team: Vancouver Whalers
Position: Goalie
Height/Weight: 6'-4" / 198 lbs
Stats: 16 GP | 8 W | 5 L | 1 OTL | 0.889 PCT | 2.57 GAA | 2 SO | 1 A

Leitner is the back-up goalie for the Vancouver Whalers. Standing at 6'-4" and 198 lbs, he is known for his butterfly style of play. While he was only dressed for 16 games, he put up pretty impressive numbers. A save percentage of 0.889% and a goals against average of 2.57, he is one of the lesser known goalies in this draft. Leitner was born in Innsbruck, Austria, the Capitol of the western state of Tyrol. The small Alps town is a destination for all winter sports. With Leitner living there, his family would raise him to play hockey. He would be one of the best goalies come out of Innsbruck, with insane rebound control, hand speed, and reaction time. Some of the other scouts I have talk to said he needs to work on his skating, which I agree with. Our insider in the Vancouver locker room says he gets along pretty nicely with everyone.

He tells me, "Vancouver is good, the locker room is solid and helpful and the team we have is really, really good. I get along with everyone and the GMs let me know when I am going to to be playing and what to expect so it is all good." He would say he wished he had more playing time, but as a rookie goalie coming into this league, you've got to earn your spot. I expect big things from him next season with Vancouver. Looking towards the draft, most goalies will start to be taken in the third round. I can see him being the second or third goalie taken out of this draft class. When asked what team he would want to play for, " I have thought about it a little. I want to go somewhere that I can step in and contribute in the near future. I don't mind going somewhere where there is an established goalie but only if they're nearing retirement. It would be good to learn form veteran goalies. I don't have a preference currently, just that I want to play." He would love to continue playing with some of the players he joined the S42 draft with, Colorado's Nate Foresburg or Halifax's Maximilian Egger. One of the things we noticed right away from Leitner's site presence, is he doesn't do a lot of media or graphics to sustain his future training. Sitting at 500k in the bank, he would need to come up with some way to make more money for next season's training and equipment. While he is currently updating every week, there are gaps in his on site time. With this all in mind, this could really hurt his draft position in the upcoming SHL draft. We look forward to see what the future holds for this Austrian goalie.

POTENTIAL: Have his ceiling as a SHL starter, and his floor as a SMJHL starter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: ROBINSON.png]
Player Name: Cedric Robinson
Team: Detroit Falcons
Position: Goalie
Height/Weight: 6'-7" / 240 lbs
Stats: 45 GP | 19 W | 17 L | 7 OTL | 0.889 PCT | 2.58 GAA | 5 SO | 2 A

Robinson is the starting goaltender for the Detroit Falcons. This rookie coming into the league and shocked almost everyone. Earning a starting position in your rookie season of the SMJHL is not joke, not a lot of players can produce that way. While his record of 19-17-7 isn't the greatest, he was able to record a league high of 5 shutouts. He was ranked second in save percentage, at 0.889%, and third in goals against average, at 2.58. He plays a stand up style, and focuses heavily on his 6'-7", 240 lbs, frame. He excels at keeping himself in position in the crease. His hand speed and reaction time are also not to be looked down, his glove is extremely quick. Like most modern goalies, Cedric is weak in his skating ability. He is not much of a puck playing goalie, he rarely goes behind the net or out. The times that he does, he has been known to loose the puck, so I would rate his puck handling skill his weakest skill. He has only produced a handful of media, and his bank account is currently sitting at $6.75 million. He has a n active presence on the site and updates weekly. Robinson hails from the US, where he will also be representing Team USA in the World Juniors. While I don't believe he is a prospect that needs to be talked up by any means, I really want to look into everything I could on him.

When asked how he likes Detroit, Robinson said, "Detroit is incredible. Team is great, management is great, alumni are great, city is great, pizza is great. I love everything about it. I've been given a big opportunity in Detroit and jumped in with both feet, and it's paid some real dividends for me. I already feel like I owe the city and team a lot." This shows how loyal he is to Detroit, and how he humble he is towards a the city and team. With the draft coming up on Monday, we asked him what team he was interested in playing for, his response, "To be honest, I haven't. I don't really have control over what's going to happen, so I haven't been worrying about it. I think my results this year speak for themselves, and that I've earned the right to relax and let the draft happen to me." Couldn't agree more, he could potentially be targeted early as an elite goalie that any team could use in the future. He sticks close to his Detroit teammates, when asked who he would want to be drafted with, "Dave Fantobens and Wolfy Richter, for sure. I'd love a chance to play with those guys. As far as current SHLers, I'd really like to play for a team where I can really soak up some knowledge from a veteran goaltender like McFadden." He sounds like a goalie who knows exactly what he wants, but won't let on entirely which team he wants to play for. Robinson brings leadership on and off the ice, as well as a hard working player.

POTENTIAL: Robinson is one of the rare goalies who's ceiling is Elite, and his floor is back-up.

[Image: WINTER.jpg]
Player Name: Philipp Winter
Team: Colorado Raptors
Position: Left Wing
Height/Weight: 6'-2" / 197 lbs
Stats: 50 GP | 13 G | 10 A | -2 | 19 PIM | 37 HIT | 4 SB

Winter is a winger for the Colorado Raptors. He spends most of his time on the first line and had a fantastic rookie season. Him and winger (Gvidas) Kazlauskas really made an impact for Colorado together. He sits at 6'-2" and 197 lbs. With 13 goals and 10 assist this season, Winter brought everything he could to a team with almost all rookies. He is a re-create that shows great dedication to his time on the site. While he is currently not doing media or graphics, he has a nice bank account to sustain for a few season, sitting at $43,785,XXX. Winter is a player that everyone should want on their team. He is very dedicated to training and updating. We asked him about how he likes Colorado, he stated, "I love it so far, couldn't be happier with the team I ended up on! An active locker room, great teammates and shrewd GMs, what more could you ask for? My last two draft classes where rather small and not very effective, so finally being part of a super big and active one is actually a new experience even for a veteran member like myself." I see him going Top 3 in the S43 SHL draft. He is definitely one to keep an eye on and I think most GM's know who he is and what he brings to the table.

"There are a few teams that I'd rather not end up on but aside from that, I'm fine with pretty much everyone. I like not knowing what is gonna happen going into the draft so I haven't been reaching out to teams myself." He said when asked about what team he wanted to play for. He would go on to say, "but I'm happy to answer questions for everyone who wants to reach out to me." Winter hails from Buffalo, New York, but is a German citizen as he represents Team Germany. Winter plays a fast paced game, which he excels at. He plays to his strengths of Speed, Scoring, and Puck Handling. He is a natural born sniper. Winter does not play a real physical game, but will throw the body when needed. As a re-create we have to look at the successes of his past players, and frankly, they were successful. Winter comes from a family of hockey players. His father, Nicholas Winter was a great play making center, but felt like he was always in his fathers shadow. Nicholas was born in Minnesota, where he would also claim citizenship from Germany. Had a long career until he decided to step down and focus on training hi son to be a better hockey player. Philipp's grandfather, the great, David Winter was scouted right out of Germany, where he would go on to have a long successful career. He was inducted to the Hall of Fame in S28 class.

POTENTIAL: Any team who wants a strong, rich dynasty hockey family member, needs to consider Philipp Winter. He will not disappoint and brings a strong leadership role to any team. I expect him to hit the SHL faster then most other players and be successful when called up. This is a Franchise player. What ever team gets him is very lucky and he will be around for a long time.

[Image: STEVENSON.jpg]
Player Name: Sean Stevenson Jr.
Team: Anchorage Armada
Position: Defense
Height/Weight: 6'-1" / 226 lbs
Stats: 48 GP | 3 G | 7 A | +3 | 57 PIM | 32 HIT | 47 SB

Sean Stevenson Jr is a defensive defenseman for Anchorage Armada. He is a big bodied stay at home defender willing to sacrifice his body to block a shot. Standing at 6'-1" and 226 lbs. Stevenson was born in Salem, OR. which is know for it's dark history of witches and black magic. Stevenson comes from a family of hockey players. His father, Sean Sr., was a SHL player in the early years of the league. Junior brings a huge advantage to his team, his defensive IQ is one of the highest in the SMJHL. Stevenson will never be a scoring defender, he doesn't plan on changing that at anytime. He will be the shut down guy you want in front your net, clearing opponents out of the crease. The spitting image of his father, came into the league as a free agent, just barely missing the draft. He would be signed quickly by Anchorage. Where in the 48 games he played, he would put up 10 points. While he did take quite a bit of penalties, he was responsible for 48 shot blocks. He averaged 17:13 minutes a game on the second pairing.

When asked about how he likes Anchorage, Stevenson said, "I love Anchorage. It is a city I have been to and love in real life so to get an offer there when I signed up was awesome. Once I got in, the Locker room has been great. We have a good group of guys and they have been extremely helpful." With a big draft class, most GM's will be looking at media and graphic posts, which Stevenson has been quiet on. When we caught up to him before a playoff game, we asked him what team he would want to play for, "Not really. I am just focused on one game at a time and we are still in what is going to be a very tough battle with Kelowna. As far as teams I would like to go to, I don't really have a preference. Mainly I want to go to a team that wants me there. That has plans to build a winner and wants me to be a big part of that." He would later say about what guys he would want to play with, "I wouldn't mind sticking with Cam Carter II or Rex Kirkby. Both are great attitude guys and I think both are going to be great SHL players." Stevenson is a leader on and off the ice. It shows in his humble interviews and his actions on the ice. He sees himself as a teacher to younger players, something he most likely inherited from his father. Stevenson was named to the S42 SMJHL All-Star team, where he will be able to play with some of the best players around the league. He is on the first pairing with fellow Anchorage Armada defenseman, Rex Krikby. He also has a chance to represent Team USA in the World Juinors, while that line-up hasn't been set yet, he is a strong candidate.

POTENTIAL: Stevenson has the potential to be a Top 4 D-man in the SHL, but could possible end up a bottom pairing.

Who's ready for some more stellar scouting profiles???? We're just getting started here at FSF. While Nictox focused pretty heavily on performing interviews, our next scout took the liberty of searching through prospective SHL teams to find out the best possible fit for each of his profiles. With that being said, here's the fine work of...

THATIRISHFELLOW
@ThatIrishFellow

[Image: tigmurphy.jpg]
Player Overview:
Name: Tig Murphy (@NOTORIOUSTIG)
Team: Detroit Falcons (10th Overall)
Position: D - OFD
Height / Weight: 6'2, 212lbs
Stats: 50GP | 4G | 27A | -7 | 16PIM | 37HIT | 50SB

Scouting Report:

Going purely on stats, Tig is well on his way to a successful career in the SHL. In his rookie season he posted 31 points, good for 7th among all rookies. That’s an impressive start for a rookie defenseman and his stat line should look even better next season with off-season training and camp considered. At the time of writing this, Tig is sitting at just over 17mil. That’s enough bank for a full set of equipment and training for the entire season. He will be able to fully fund his first season in the SHL, and possibly a second. This is even before considering new media/ graphics that will be produced and his player salary. You’re guaranteed at least two seasons of activity from Tig, which is a lot better than most prospects. I project that Tig will go first round in this year’s entry draft. He’s the complete package, he’s low risk, and he has the cash for development. Sources around the league have told us that Tig would be glad to play in Buffalo, given the number of Detroit alumni there. He has also shown interest in Hamilton, San Francisco, Manhattan, and Winnipeg. These are all lottery teams, looking for a difference maker this draft. Tig can and will be a difference maker on any team, but his draft stock will ultimate depend on team need in the future.

Team Need:

Stampede - Given the number of Detroit alumni, and the lack OFD prospects, Buffalo would be a great fit for Tig.
Steelhawks – There's room for Tig on this roster, and he should be able to crack the lineup within a couple season. They only have one defense prospect, so it might be a good idea to take Tig if he’s available.
pride – San Francisco could use another elite defender in their prospect pool. Tig would be a good fit and could start within a couple seasons.
Rage – Manhattan's defense prospect pool is deep, so it might not make sense to take another defender in the early rounds. There are several guys that will need to be called up soon, and that will cause a log jam in the back six.
Jets – Winnipeg has a couple prospects waiting in the wing, but Murphy is a guy you want on your back line. They don’t have room for him now, but they will in a couple seasons.

[Image: FBBKQPX.png]
Player Overview:
Name: Leshaun King (@King)
Team: Halifax Raiders (2nd Overall)
Position: C - TWF
Height / Weight: 6'5, 240lbs
Stats: 50GP | 14G | 19A | 11 | 16PIM | 39HIT | 7SB

Scouting Report:

King has shown he has what it takes off the ice, but can he do the same on the ice? Turns out he can. He posted 33 points, good for 2nd among rookie and 1st among rookie centers. At this pace, King will be breaking team and league records. If his career in the SMJHL is long, you can be sure of it.
At the time of writing this, LeShaun has stacks on stacks on stacks. Sitting at over EIGHTY TWO MILLION DOLLARS, King is one of the league’s richest players – for good reason. King has been an absolute animal, grinding out media and graphics like his life depends on it. There is absolutely no doubt that King will be able to provide for himself in this league. Eat, Sleep, Media, Repeat is King’s motto, and that doesn’t look like it’s going to change. This should come as no surprise to anyone, but I project King will go first overall. I think he is the consensus number 1 at this point. He definitely won’t fall below 2nd overall. He has already shown he can make it in this league, holds a leadership position with his current team, and is dedicated to his craft. Look for him to make waves in the near future. My sources tell me that King wants to end up on one of Calgary, Hamilton, San Francisco, or Manhattan. Taking a look at those, it seems like the most likely destination for him is San Francisco. King has even gone so far as to try his hand at redesigning the Pride logo to make it look fiercer. I think this a metaphor for King himself. He is the lion that will bring an extra edge, or fire into the lineup. That’s just what San Fran needs right now, and King would be a great fit.

Team Need:

Normally, I would do a team fit breakdown for potential destinations, but there’s no point with King. He is going first overall, and even if he doesn’t, he can easily slot into every team in the SHL. If he falls to you, you take him – no question.

[Image: sjL3r8m.png]
Player Overview:
Name: Nicholas Williams (@Nictox)
Team: St. Louis Scarecrows (41st Overall)
Position: LW - TWF
Height / Weight: 6'2, 207lbs
Stats: 50GP | 10G | 12A | -1 | 12PIM | 34HIT | 4SB

Scouting Report:

Williams has showed progress since the beginning of the season and has posted increasingly better numbers week-by-week. His 22 points are a good start, and he does have a hat trick. Although he doesn’t crack the top 10 in anything, he will by the end of next season. Williams will be a mid-late bloomer, but it will be worth the investment in the end.
Sitting at around $1 million, Williams is still in the positive which is a good sign. Unfortunately, he’ll need to write some long articles and submit a ton of graphics to catch up to the rest of this draft class. This number is a bit misleading as he’s waiting on job salary, but he still has work to do to fund his career. Williams is an active member of his locker room and looks to be enthusiastic about media and graphics, so he definitely shows some promise. Based on stats, bank, and locker room activity, I project Williams will be a mid-late 2nd round pick, falling no lower than mid-3rd. He has the dedication and the enthusiasm, but he doesn’t have the bank he needs just yet. Teams may see this as risk, but he will see it as motivation to step up his game up. If there’s anyone who can do it, it’s Williams. Texas will probably take a good defenseman so there’s a slim chance there, but perhaps Hamilton will have an opening. There are sprinklings of St. Louis alumni all over the league, and it seems that Williams’ preferred destinations all have ties to the Scarecrows in some way or another. Williams is looking for active locker room, just like St. Louis’.

Team Need:

pride – San Francisco doesn’t have any LW prospects, they’re all playing on the main roster, so Williams would be a good fit. This will allow him some time to develop in the SMJHL and stay with the Crows.
Riot – With only two left wing prospects, and a few St. Louis alumni, Seattle seems to be a good location for Williams. He’ll have time to develop, and play with some familiar faces.
Renegades – While there are a ton of St. Louis alumni on this team, it looks like Texas will be targeting a high-end defender with their 9th overall pick. They could also select a center, depending on who falls where. It doesn’t look like there will be room for Williams to slot in.
Platoon – West Kendall has the room, and their timeline for Williams could lineup with how long he wants to stay in the SMJHL. If drafted here, Williams will most likely see at least three more seasons with the Scarecrows, before joining the big squad.
Dragons – Honestly, Calgary doesn’t need a whole lot right now. I think Williams could find a good role here though. He’ll almost definitely get max time in the SMJHL and will get to play with St. Louis alumni. Williams does have high hopes and is determined to carve out a path for himself. He might not like playing in the shadow of so many SHL legends. Of course, that could just motivate him more. It’s a toss-up really.
Steelhawks – With only one left-wing prospect, Hamilton could use the services of Williams. He will most likely spend a few more seasons in the SMJHL, allowing Hamilton to call him up when he’s at the top of the junior league.

[Image: 6eMYsHI.gif]
Player Overview:
Name: Pierre Laroche-Durocher (@lespoils)
Team: Halifax Raiders (11th Overall)
Position: D - DFD
Height / Weight: 6'4, 208lbs
Stats: 50GP | 4G | 17A | -9 | 64PIM | 95HIT | 64SB

Scouting Report:

PLD put up respectable numbers for his first season in the SMJHL. 21 points as a rookie defenseman is nothing to scoff at. Pair that with a massive physical presence and you have a deadly combination that could look to dominate smaller players in the coming year. Pierre is sitting at slightly more than $18 million, which is enough to fund his first SHL season. PLD looks to be a media wizard and has already released many lengthy articles. He has positioned himself for success in the coming seasons. PLD will be taken first round, given his stat line, league renown, and bank account. He’s one of a small group of players with enough money to bankroll their first season and GMs will be looking for that. Again, another low-risk pick with a huge ceiling. Not a lot of defensive defenseman in this league either, which makes Pierre a welcome addition to any lineup. There have been rumblings that Pierre would like to see himself on Manhattan, San Francisco, or West Kendall. League sources mention those are the only three teams that have reached out to him so far. It seems as if PLD wants to feel welcomed on his new team and is showing strong interest in teams who give him that same sense of interest. Hockey is a two-way street after all, and Laroche-Durocher is looking to play for someone just as loyal as he is.

Team Need:

Rage – Much like Tig, it doesn’t look like there’s a whole lot of room for another D prospect on Manhattan. The only plus, is that PLD is a rare defensive defender, which could be seen as an asset for the Rage.
pride – Again, San Francisco's prospect pool is lacking, so PLD would be a good fit for them.
Platoon – Another good fit for PLD, especially given his play style. There’s more than enough room on WKP for him, and he can spend some time chasing records in the SMJHL until he’s ready for the big times.
Blizzard - Yet another good fit for Pierre. Edmonton has a lot of guys reaching their 8th and 9th seasons. Their prospect pool isn’t packed, and PLD should be able to crack the lineup within a couple seasons. This seems like a safe destination.
Dragons - PLD could be a good fit in Calgary, but the lack of interest on their part could be a factor. PLD is projected to be a stud in the SHL, so he will be right at home in Calgary, playing with the star-studded cast they’ve assembled.

[Image: nK8SsIm.png]
Player Overview:
Name: Gvidas Kazlauskas (@CAPTAINCRAZY)
Team: Colorado Raptors (65th Overall)
Position: LW - Sniper
Height / Weight: 5'10, 191lbs
Stats: 50GP | 19G | 20A | 8 | 18PIM | 35HIT | 4SB

Scouting Report:

Simply put, Gvidas is a star. Finishing the season with 39 points, 1st in rookies, and top 5 league-wide in his position. He also leads the league with 6 game-tying goals. The man is clutch, and any team will be able to slot him into their lineup. If it were based solely on stats, Gvidas would be the number 1 pick in my eye. Sitting at slightly more than $8 million, Gvidas almost has enough for a full set of equipment or a season of training, but not both. Gvidas has some promise as a graphics aficionado and has consistently submitted weekly submissions since joining the league. There should be no doubt in his ability to churn out GFX for cash. Based on his performance this season and bank, I think Gvidas will be taken in the first round. He seems to be a high-ceiling player but needs to pad his bank just a bit more to push him over the edge. Still, Gvidas is a relatively low-risk pick given his track record. Our inside sources tell us that Manhattan, Toronto, and LA are on Gvidas’ short list, with Minnesota and San Francisco coming up the rear. No one expected Gvidas to excel the way he has this season. From being drafted 65th overall, to leading all rookies in scoring, Gvidas has shown he has the pedigree to make it in this league. League sources tell us he has his eyes set on a couple lottery teams, including San Francisco and Manhattan. This would be a great narrative to have on his record. Drafted 65th overall in the SMJHL draft, then selected top 5 in the SHL entry draft. It’s a story they can make a movie out of – one to be proud of.

Team Need:

pride – San Francisco could use a winger in their prospect pool, especially one as talented as Gvidas.
Rage – Doesn’t look like a good home for Gvidas, as Manhattan is chock full of left wingers. They’re most likely going to target a center or right winger.
Panthers – They’ve only one left wing prospect in the pipes, so Gvidas could be a good pick. They have an aging team, but nothing dire, which should allow Gvidas to tear up the SMJHL for another couple seasons.
Stars – A good fit for Gvidas, their prospect pool is fairly diverse, so there won’t be a log jam at any specific position. They will need some raw scoring in their lineup within a few seasons, so Gvidas could be a good investment.
Chiefs - Another good fit for Gvidas, given his position, and skill. Minnesota could use a prospect of this skill. Again, it seems like a couple seasons minimum before he cracks a spot, but a worthwhile investment nonetheless.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2018, 03:23 PM by NJBadApple.)

Tired yet? Let's hope not, we're only halfway done SHL's top scouting service for the upcoming draft this Monday. Our next scout wrote the most out of the team, surpassing second place by almost 500 words. Check out this fantastic breakdown by...

LUKETD
@luketd

[Image: ATEsl9p]
Name: Oliver Kovacs
Team: raiders (8th OA)
Position: RW
Height / Weight: 5’10, 170lbs
Stats: 50GP | 11G | 22A | -10 | 12PIM | 41HIT | 2SB

To start off the scouting report, let's look at Oliver’s (KTA) forum presence. KTA has +2 reputation, both from King. KTA has 8 thread posts, 3 are Media pieces, 2 Raiders roster and player update, and 1 PBP. That is not as active as other members, but it is also good to point out that KTA is very active in discord, and in a recent podcast by King And Luketd, King said that KTA is a great leader in the Halifax Discord, always posting PT’s and making sure people are doing them.KTA also has 129 forum posts, with a lot being a mixture of PT’s, Twitter Deposits, Bank Transactions, and commenting on media. For the time on the forum by the time I’m writing this he has 4 Days, 2 Hours, 29 Minutes, 31 Seconds on the forums.

Overall the feeling I get from each person I talk to about Oliver Kovacs is that he is a great person to have in the LR, and is a natural leader of any team.

Let's move onto TPE. By the time playoffs started KTA is at 268 TPE. Updated he is at 277 TPE. But for the 268 tpe we have more of a better understanding at where he is at compared to everyone else. KTA completed every PT, AC, and Training. He also bought every equipment piece that he can. He completed 9/15 PGS, and he told me that he is planning on completing the rest of them too. He had gotten 6TPE from milestones too. The only thing he hasn't done is the Fantasy Draft.

So lets look more into the TPE side of things. So Oliver Kovacs has 268 tpe when a complete ratings had come out. So Oliver is 10th OA in all of TPE at that time. For right wingers, he is tied for 2nd in the top right wingers, behind Sulak O’Hritea. The person tied with Oliver Kovacs is Lil’ Manius, a very good right winger too. From that, you can see that Oliver Kovacs is producing around 122 TPE this season. And probably will have by the end of the playoffs will have produced 142 TPE in the end of the season. So with keeping up with this TPE producing, while adding more for Equipment and Training, Lets say he averages 160 TPE each season. In 2 Seasons he will be at 617TPE. In 5 Seasons he would be around 1097 TPE. If he continues this length for 10 seasons(which is very improbable) he would be at 1898 TPE.

For financials, TKA isn't the best with his money. He has a respectable 4.7 Mil, or ranked 38th in this draft class. TKA will needs an alright contract to help him get to the 9 Mil to buy his equipment, and even more to keep up with his his daily trainings. But the payoff from that will be very high, as he has a friend that is also playing in the SHL, making him more competitive.

Let's move on to his regular season stats as the Raiders didn't make the playoffs. For the Regular season, he played in the 1st and 2nd line throughout the season. During the end of the season he ended up on the 2nd line with Kristof Kovacs and Vince Reiper. He is also on the 2nd line of PP and 2nd line of 4V4 matchups. He is also an extra attacker and on penalty shots. For his more advanced stats, he had a 12% shot accuracy, while playing an average of 16 minutes a night, for a total of 832 minutes. He spent 166 minutes on the PP too, having 16 points. His points P/20 was .78, 2nd best on his team.

CONCLUSION:
Oliver Kovacs is a great pick for a team that needs a leader in the locker room, whether for a leader for rookies, or a leader for their whole team, Oliver is a great pickup for a team. If i had to predict where he would go, I would say top 10. If a team really wants him, than top 5. If he falls I wouldn't imagine him fall lower than mid 2nd round of the draft. A future 1st liner for sure.

[Image: Lq99Y4d.png]
Name: Kristof Kovacs
Team: raiders (9th OA)
Position: C
Height / Weight: 5’8, 185lbs
Stats: 50GP | 11G | 10A | -10 | 19PIM | 48HIT | 8SB

To start off, let's look at I am coupon(Kristof’s) Posts. Kristof has a +5 reputation. 2 came from from articles, and 3 from teammates. Let's look at this thread posts. Kristof has 11 threads. So 2 are the player and his update thread. 4 are from graded media, 2 are from graphics, and 3 are from PGS. This shows to a gm that Kristof has plenty of ways to get money in the league, and also that he is dedicated enough to write PGS.Now let's look at his 91 thread posts. Going through them, you can see he is doing a lot of PGS threads, and comments on a good amount of media. He does twitter deposits, and is consistent with his tpe.The total time he spent on the site is 2 Days, 18 Hours, 42 Minutes, 50 Seconds.

The general consensus, like Oliver Kovacs, that they are both great people and leaders in their LR’s. Both are very active in them, and everyone seems to like them. Out of everyone I’ve talked to, no one said a bad thing about them yet.

Let's move onto their TPE gainage. Their TPE after the latest update is 273 TPE, A very high tpe amount, better than most people in his draft class. He has done all 15PGS, all of the AC and training, and he also have done every PT. He bought all of his equipment as well. The only thing that he hasn't claimed was from Fantasy. From the latest update that has major data with him and other players, he was at 264 tpe, and we will be working with that to compare him to other players.

So from that 264 TPE, he is ranked 14th OA in raw TPE rankings. With the newest update he should stay around the same ranking, maybe lower 1 or 2 ranks because more people are doing pgs at the end of the season. Out of Centers, he is 3rd highest Center on the list. The ones higher are Jax Aittokallio and Leshaun King, both very good players, and high tpe earners. So right now with the 273 TPE, Kristof earned 118 TPE. With CW and the last AC and training he would be around 133 TPE for the season.So around 288 TPE at the end. With the addition of more TPE for equipment and the addition +2 tpe per training, next season he should be around 160 - 170 TPE per season. In 2 seasons he would be around 608 TPE - 628 TPE, and in 5 years he would be around 1,088 TPE - 1,138 TPE.

Let's look at financials. Kristof is at 1.13 Mil, pretty low for this rookie. But looking at his graphics, he should be around 3-4 mil if he gets graded favorable. Meaning that gms will have to pay him a little bit in order to buy equipment and have enough money for training.

Now onto his SMJHL rookie season. Kristof played on 2nd line C, 2nd line PP, 2nd line PK, 2nd line 4v4, and was an extra offense man, and a penalty shot guy. He played around 18.55 minutes a night, adding it all up to 927 minutes played. 164 of those are on the PP, and 98 were on the PK. He had a 13.5% SHT%, with a 54% FO% out of 1119 faceoffs done. He also averaged .45 points a night. Very similar to his brother.

CONCLUSION:
Kristof is a great person to have in the LR and is looking like a consistent player, if you are looking towards the future. Could be a possible 1st or 2nd C to work with 5 seasons down the line. If I could predict where he would go, I would say middle to late 1st round pick. Maybe the person who picks up Oliver can pick up Kristof as well. The latest he would go in my opinion would be early 2nd round, as if he falls any lower would be a steal and a half.

[Image: vvlZIvn.png]
Name: Alex Winters
Team: Raptors (30th OA)
Height / Weight: 6’4, 220lbs
Stats: 50GP | 12G | 9A | 2 | 8PIM | 19HIT | 6SB

So let's start off looking at Alex Winters(39Alaska39) profile. Winters has a +3 rating, most about responding to IP threads. He posted 11 threads, and commented on 127 posts. He’s been online for 3 Days, 15 Hours, 51 Minutes, 55 Seconds, which is a decent time online. Other than the 2 profile and update, he has 9 graded media as well. This will show the gm’s that he can make media that will get him money. While looking at his 127 posts, a lot of them are commenting on different media posts, and other stuff like PT’s and pgs.

When asking about Alex Winters to his teammates, we were able to catch up with Andrew Martin and he said “He has been great in the locker room, probably our most active rookie in our discord. I wouldn't necessarily describe him as a leadership figure, but more as someone who is always there to talk just because of how active he is. All in all, a very nice guy.”

Lets move onto the TPE portion of the draft stock. So, Alex with the latest update has 266 TPE, and the last tpe for the data is at 250 tpe. So Alaska has gotten 15/15 PGS, has done all the AC and weekly training, and has done every PT he has. Very good for Gm’s looking for a high active player. As also mentioned he is a solid LR presence and a good person to have in and won't be toxic in the LR. So let's look at him compared to other people while at 250 tpe. At the time, he is at #31OA in total TPE. In terms of Right Wingers, he is at rank 8th OA for them. Now, a very respectable position to be in. Now let's take the 266 tpe, and add the last 5tpe from AC and training, plus 5 from PT#6 and 10 from CW, he is at 286 TPE, so 131 TPE this season. Now given the gain of better training and equipment next year, he should be averaging 150 - 165 TPE per season, if he keeps this pace. If this is the case, in 2 season he would be at 596 - 616 tpe. In 5 seasons we could see Alex Winters at 1,036 - 1,111 tpe. That would put him into an easy top 6 to middle 6 forward on any team.

Now onto financials. Alex Winters is 40th OA, coming in at 3.82 Mil right now. Not terrible, but can be improved upon. Now, sources are telling me that he is working on a big media post right now(it could already come out before this comes out), so by the time of the draft I think 39Alaska39 will sitting around 7 Mil. This amount will be very enticing to gm’s, as they wont need to pay him as much so that he can still get the equipment and training done for the season.

Now let’s go onto his regular season. In this season he played on the Raptors, 2nd line, he was a last minute D-Man, and an extra forward. He had a Shot% of 16.9%, as well as playing around 13 minutes a night. In total he played 649 minutes the entire season. He also averaged .65 P/20.

CONCLUSION:
People may not think Alex Winters is a 1st round candidate, but I believe he is though. He has shown consistent in his TPE gain, and is very active in every discord he is in(Czech, Rookie, Raptors, WJC). He has taken the role of GM of the Czechs WJC, and is been showing great promise in becoming an actual gm, as he expressed interest in it later in his SHL life. Combine that with really good TPE earnage, I will safely predict he will go late 1st round to early 2nd round. At the latest, a late 2nd round pick. Any team that picks him up will be greatly rewarded with a one of a kind player in the LR.

(no image available)
Name: Jack Kennedy
Team: Whalers (40th OA)
Position: LW
Height / Weight: 6’3, 225 Ibs
Stats: 50GP | 2G | 4A | 6 | 22PIM | 46HIT | 0SB

Let's start at his profile, like everyone else. He doesnt have a rating on the site yet. He has 5 threads, 103 posts, and 2 Days, 2 Hours, 14 Minutes, 50 Seconds on the site. Lets look at his Threads so far. He has 3 graded Media, and the other 2 are profile and updates. Not bad, it could be worse, but then again, it could be a lot better for the rookie. Now onto the 103 posts. Going through all the posts, a majority of them were commenting on PGS, and PT’s. A good amount come from Media,and the Pbp’s, updated thread and general stuff like that. A pretty consistent spread of comments made by Jred.

Talking to a couple teammates, they all had a consensus that he doesn’t talk too much, but he still talks in the LR and in the PBP’s that are happening now. He is a friendly person to be around, and will be a good player in the LR.

Now onto his TPE. By his latest update, he will be at 250 TPE. Again, the tpe from him with the data, is at 238. Looking at his update thread, you can see that he has done 6/15 pgs, ? PT’s, he has done all of the AC and weekly trainings, and did his milestones. Now let's look into the TPE more.

So from the 238 TPE, he would be #41OA, not too terrible, would be middle-lower level TPE wise. He is #15 OA in Left Wingers, but with him going to 250, we could see him move up slightly from that. So I can see that he still has 5 more tpe from the last AC and Training, plus 10 tpe from CW, leaving him at 265 tpe in the end of his rookie season. That is a total of 110 tpe gain for him. If he can afford the equipment and training, then you would bump him up at 140 tpe a season. If he can't afford the equipment he stand at around 120 tpe a season. So with that as our guidelines, we can look at his 2 year and see he would be around 505 - 545 TPE. A 5 year outlook would be around 865 - 965 TPE. Which would be around middle 6 to bottom 6 depending on the team. A very decent player for someone at his activity.

For his bank, he has 5.35 Mil in his bank account. That is pretty good to see from a GM’s perspective because he will be better at buying equipment and doing the 1 mil training sessions. This will raise his draft stock slightly I imagine. For his gameplay, it is pretty lackluster, considering he only played 35 games. He played an average of 9 minutes a night on the 4th line, and only recorded 312 minutes of game. He had a .32 P/20 for the season. Looking into the playoffs he did slightly better, getting 2 points in 5 games. While only playing 50 minutes.

CONCLUSION:
Jack Kennedy is a alright draft pick, as he is pretty active for his TPE productivity. He is decently active in his LR, and does his weekly stuff. There may be a concern of inactivity, but I feel that it is unlikely, and will catch up in TPE to his peers in the next couple seasons. If I had to predict where he had to go, I would say he would go at the earliest, late 2nd round. If I had to predict where exactly he was going, I could see someone like pride draft him in the 3rd round. Maybe seattle would pick him 3rd round or 4th too.

[Image: tempsnip.png]
Name: Andrew Martin
Team: Raptors (46rd OA)
Height / Weight: 5’11, 185lbs
Stats: 35GP | 2G | 3A | -5 | 4PIM | 15HIT | 2SB

First, let's get into Andrew Martins forum presence. Let’s take a look at his ratings given to him by other members of the sit. Martin has a +4 rating to him, 2 From Flappy Giraffe, and and one from Grapehead and Beaver respectively. For Flappys rating they both come from graphics, one from his actual graphic, and other one from his likability from a comment. From grapehead it came from filling out the IP thread. And from beaver it came from a joke too. If anything this shows from his ratings, he is a very likable person both in discord and on the site.

For his forum activity, as of the time I am writing this (8/19) he had 1 Week, 2 Days, 8 Hours, 6 Minutes, 28 Seconds on the site, has 13 threads, and 151 posts on the site too. 5 Threads were from Media, and 5 came from Signature stuff. For his posts he seems very active in all types of SHL behavior. He signed up for PBP’s. Applied (and got) the Germany-Austria gm of the WJC. He is a very active Reddit Draftee.

Now let's look at Martins TPE gainage.
So, as far at PT’s gone, Andrew Martin has done every PT that has been offered. He had done 11/15 PGS, placed 3rd in Fantasy(giving 3tpe), has done every training and AC, leaving his grand TPE total to 253(as from his latest update thread)

But if you are going off of the last official update, he would be at 244 TPE, ranking at #38 most TPE out of the Draft Class. For Centers he is ranked #8th OA for centers. Either way you want to count his TPE(253 un-updated, or 244 updated) he will be around 100 TPE gaining in 1 season. If you want to put that in a 5 year projection, and with the updated amount of TPE that you can earn(Training is +5, Championship week still needs to happen, equipment is +28tpe, etc) each season he should be averaging around 130-155 TPE per season, so in 5 years he should be around 903- 1,028 TPE, given he maintains his activity. In 5 season Andrew Martin could become a solid top 6 Center, maybe Middle 6 Center depending how deep his team is.

Let's look at his financial situation right now. Martin has 10,510,000 in his bank, which is 25th wealthiest person in the draft. Martin is the 6th Richest Center in the draft, and one of the wealthiest 1st Gens in the draft too, making him a standout for GM’s that don't have a lot of cap space to move. 10 Mil will give Martin the money to buy all of gear, and then he will just need to earn some more money to training, but with his media and GFX he will be fine for the future. Teams with a lot of draft picks, or a deeper team that doesn't have a lot of cap space to work with should definitely look at Martin as a variable prospect. If i had to choose a couple places for Andrew Martin to land, I would say San Francisco Pride, Seattle Riot, Maybe Manhattan Rage.

Let's talk about his debut season being apart of the Raptors:
Martin played 3rd line Center for most of his rookie season, as well as on the 2nd line PP, giving him plenty of time to get goals and assists and other data.From what it looks like, Andrew’s 3rd line was more of a defensive line compared to other lines on the Raptors. Martin averaged 12 minutes a night, playing a total of 633 TOI, playing 101 minutes on the PP. From the PP, he Scored twice and assisted 4 other times. Other than the basic data as mentioned in the start of Andrews player analysis, other areas stand out in his line of work. His SHT% is at 18.14%, one of the best on his team.Through the season he had started in 708 Faceoffs, and has a pretty good FO% at 47.65%. Martin also averaged .51 points per game, so about a point every 2 games.

In the Playoffs Andrew Martin became 1st C of the Raptors, a great moment for Martin as he worked very hard over the course of the season, and still playing 2nd PP line.The raptors in general did not do well in the first round of the playoffs, as they got swept by the Militia. From the 4 games Martin played, he notched 2 assists, averaging 16 minutes a night. He played in 78 faceoffs and has a very impressive 58.97% FO%.

CONCLUSION:
If I had to guess what round Andrew Martin would land, I would say even though he doesn't have the most TPE out of the high elites, his activity and good LR personality, I would say late 2nd round - early 3rd round I would place him in. I don't think he would go 1st round but if a team really wants him, it would be an early 2nd round pick for a team to get him before anyone else

CANDID INTERVIEW!!
Teammate Alex Winters had this to say about Andrew Martin:
“He’s a great presence in the room. He’s always active and around, ready to do what he can to help the team. Where we needed centers at the beginning of the year, he didn’t hesitated to change his build and player to help out the team. Definitely would say he’s a leader. Should be a captain on this team in the next two seasons if he’s still here and expect him to be one at the next level too.”

God damn that was a lot of reading. Ok we have one final scouting report to look at, are you ready? This member doesn't post very much on the forums, but after you read this you're going to want him to. Introducing the next member to never sleep on...

GROK
@grok

[Image: 167088497.0.jpg]

Name: Tony Pepperoni
Team: Raptors (33rd Overall)
Height / Weight: 5’11”, 187 lbs
Stats: 50GP | 15G | 17A | +13 | 6PIM | 19HIT | 0SB

A distant relative to recent SHL retiree Tommy Salami, Tony Pepperoni is an undersized high-skill winger with upside. Drafted thirty-third overall at the top of round five, Pepperoni projected low but blew away expectations, putting up 32 points with relatively limited ice time. Averaging only 13 minutes per game and totaling 652 minutes on the season, Pepperoni holds third place for points/20 and the lowest TOI among the top-60 point scorers in SMJHL S42.

Tony is the definition of a skill forward. He is a bit short and significantly lighter than most players, but he makes up for his size with speed and puck skills. Pepperoni already uses his above-average skating skills to cover both sides of the ice with ease, and never seems to run out of gas. With the puck, Pepperoni is a threat on every inch of the offensive zone. His puck handling is far beyond the fold for a player his age—he can outdeke even veteran defenders and fake out defensive forwards with wily moves. Tape-to-tape passes are a breeze for Pepperoni, which forces defenders and goaltenders to be aware of every player on the ice.

Pepperoni’s defining characteristic is his scoring. “I wanted to be a scoring-first forward, even when I was a kid,” he said in a post-season press conference, “I like to focus [my training] on stamina and puck handling. Those are important attributes when you want to put up big numbers.” Stamina and puck handling certainly help Pepperoni get into space, but his lethal release makes him a monstrous presence in the offensive zone. Pepperoni can line up a long-distance slapshot to the post and a low slot wrister with equal ease. Goaltenders fear his release—it is instant and nearly impossible to predict.

While Tony is a fantastic goal-scoring forward, his defensive skills are a big question mark. His defensive and special teams stats tell a story of a one-way player. With zero penalty kill minutes and zero shots blocked on the season, Colorado clearly does not see Pepperoni in a defensive role. Pepperoni considers his sheltered minutes a contributor to his success: “I played on the fourth [even-strength] line which gave me easy matchups, I played first line powerplay, and I was a little lucky,” he recounts. Points win games, but Pepperoni’s liability on the defensive end may see him skipped in the early rounds of the draft, where more complete and two-way players are available.

Tony Pepperoni brings a unique locker room presence to the Colorado Raptors. In an exclusive interview, rookie forward Andrew Martin gave Falk’s Scouting Agency the inside scoop on Pepperoni behind the scenes. “Oh man, he doesn’t talk much,” Martin starts with a grin, “but when he does it’s hilarious.” Martin paints a picture of Pepperoni as a bit of a wallflower who knows exactly the right time to interject. “He’s not the most vocal guy in the locker room, but when he speaks up it’s always a one-liner or two that makes the whole team laugh. He’s great.”

Pepperoni’s development has been top-notch. He is supported by a $28.6 million bankroll, making him one of the highest-valued prospects in the S43 SHL draft. Colorado management also tells us Pepperoni hasn’t missed a single optional skate all season. Our scouts note he is making private training sessions every week and looks better on the ice every day.

SHL general managers should find some pause for concern about Pepperoni’s growth into an SHL role, however. Colorado looks to be a multi-year contender for the Four Star Cup, and Pepperoni is not in a rush to reach the big show as long as the Raptors have a roster spot for him. “I’m perfectly fine staying in Colorado for a few more seasons…my only issue is [Colorado is] deep down the left side.”

CONCLUSION:
Tony Pepperoni projects as a perennial scoring title contender with top-six potential if he can work out the kinks in his defensive game. Falk’s Scouting Agency anticipates Pepperoni will have significantly higher draft stock in the SHL draft and could go as early as the mid-second round. A team looking for young scoring talent with the space to give Pepperoni sheltered minutes could draft him higher.

[Image: nhl_g_fleury_b2_608x342.jpg]

Name: Lil’ Manius
Team: Scarecrows (25th Overall)
Height / Weight: 5’6”, 182 lbs
Stats: 50GP | 6G | 6A | -11 | 32PIM | 95HIT | 7SB

The first time you see Lil’ Manius with his skates off, you learn his namesake. One of the shortest players in the SMJHL at only 5’6”, Lil’ Manius comes from the Manius family. Big Manius, a massive 6’9” defenseman, provides both contrast and mentorship for the Lil’ of the family. Despite his short frame, Lil’ Manius is built like a fridge at a muscular 182 pounds. His low center of gravity and wide frame allow the brightest part of his skillset to shine—his physical game.

Lil’ Manius is a massive body presence on the ice. A gifted body checker with SHL-ready defensive awareness, Manius knows how to use the stick and the body to take offensive players off the puck and move play out of his zone. Delivering a massive 95 hits on the season, averaging almost two hits per game, Manius is not afraid to turn off skill forwards with teeth-rattling body checks. His slightly above-average skating ability keeps him on top of the forecheck and allows him to apply pressure throughout the neutral zone. Despite his stats, Manius says his physical play isn’t his entire game—“It’s a part of my game but not my main focus. The SHL isn’t a big hits league anymore.”

Manius is no slouch in the offensive zone, either. His passing game leaves something to be desired, but he has a surprising shot. As a strong forward, he really shines in front of the net, but Manius can snap off wristers and slapshots with ease. Manius was trusted with time supporting St. Louis’s power-play unit, and the team was rewarded for the decision. With an assist and six shots on 80 power play minutes, Manius creates chances and puts volume on net. The only question about his game is whether his chances are high quality, as he posted zero power play goals in that time.

While his shooting game is solid, defenders and goaltenders can predict his game due to his poor passing ability. When Manius has the puck, all eyes are on him, making it easier to shut the play down around him. Disciplined play and endurance are also concerning for the young physical forward. Manius posted 32 penalty minutes on the season, making him a minor liability on the defensive side of the ice. He was also only trusted with 45 minutes on the penalty kill, despite his defensive ability. St. Louis admittedly has a very strong top four on the penalty kill, but general managers in the SHL must think Manius deserves some extra time to play in his element.

Rookie St. Louis goaltender Aleister Cain tells our scouts that Lil’ Manius brings important leadership to the locker room. “[Manius] doesn’t talk too much, but when he does he’s helping the rookies out.” Manius certainly has a lot to offer the first-generation players on his team, passing along lessons learned from Big back home. “He’s a strong silent type,” continues Cain, “but we see him of somewhat of a mentor.”

Lil’ Manius told us about one important lesson from Big: Do not miss any chances to train. “Big missed a championship week training and some morning skates, and he thought it really impacted his ability to be a top guy in the league.” Lil’ Manius clearly took this lesson to heart—our scouts have spotted him at every optional skate offered by the Raptors, and at private practices as well. Manius is backed by an endowment of nearly $27 million dollars, so he is decked out in top-of-the-line equipment and can sustain his private training and nutrition regiment.

CONCLUSION:
While his team struggled and his stat line was impacted because of it, expect Lil’ Manius’s draft stock to stay the same or maybe improve going into the S43 SHL draft. Mid-second round is not out of the question, and a team really hurting for long-term depth defensive help at wing could pick him up as high as the late first. Between Manius’s work ethic and intangibles off the ice, he projects as a high value pick who could be a mid-second sleeper for a lucky team.

[Image: thumb_2560.jpg?w=980&fm=jpg&s=c7e224a503...0bb5d3359e]

Name: Hippo Passamus
Team: Falcons (36th Overall)
Height / Weight: 5’6”, 290 lbs
Stats: 50GP | 3G | 7A | +10 | 30PIM | 79HIT | 7SB

Almost more cannonball than man, Hippo Passamus is one of the most unique players available in the S43 draft. A very mobile skater for 5’6” and 290 pounds, Passamus comes from a similar mold to Lil’ Manius—low center of gravity with a tremendous physical presence on the ice. The young Swedish forward is short, quick, and strong, with a unique set of supporting skills.

Hippo is a gifted body checker, strong on his skates with a powerful engine under the hood. His skating ability allows him to keep up with plays on both sides of the ice and engage in forechecking without endangering the backcheck. Passamus doesn’t consider checking his entire game, but he enjoys the physicality of it. “[Hitting is] a supplemental skill for sure,” Passamus told a Falk scout in a private interview. “As fun as it is putting someone into the stands, I consider it a practicality.” Leading his team with 79 hits and only taking 30 penalty minutes, Passamus rides a line between big body plays and disciplined work against the boards.

In the offensive zone, Hippo Passamus is a gifted playmaker. With the strength and body presence to play along the boards, Passamus creates space and unleashes a deep package of passing plays. Passamus has tremendous awareness in the offensive zone, and effortlessly drops saucer passes, centering passes, and point drops out of traffic. He always knows where the play is going and can connect with an available teammate in seconds, making every other player on the ice a threat. His possession metrics and puck handling show a player who shakes off the backcheck, as well. He is strong on the puck and has some silky moves for when the going gets tough.

While every other player on the ice is a threat when Hippo finds the puck, Hippo isn’t much of a threat himself. His release is slow and predictable. His slapshot is inaccurate and easy to track. He isn’t known for putting himself in the right places to pick up one-timers or tap-in goals. A wise defense can adapt and cover the rest of the ice when Passamus picks up the puck, creating a 1-on-1 goalie challenge that is easier to navigate. It is possible that his stats tell an incomplete story, with a shocking 4.41% shooting percentage on the season, so teams may want to take a gamble on Passamus bouncing back to the mean with a significant increase in production next year.

Passamus seems to have some cardio issues going into the S43 draft. Hippo looks gassed in very long games, and his vO2 test at the beginning of the year ranked low among rookie players. He does not appear to be physically ready to play top-line minutes, even at the SMJHL level.

Both a brag and a beat, Detroit management has primarily used Passamus in an even strength role this year. Passamus has just over 90 combined power play and penalty kill minutes, and only two of his ten points were on the power play. Hippo takes a positive look on his role in five-on-five play, and says it helps his two-way play. “Ever since I came to North America, I’ve been working on my all-around game. Coach tells me there’s a bigger [even-strength] role available next year, and I’m looking to take that role.”

CONCLUSION:
Moving forward, Passamus aims to improve on some of the weak parts of his game. “I’m working on scoring and positioning in the off-season,” he revealed in a post-season interview, “In S43, I’ll be a brand new Hippo.” With a $10 million bankroll and a consistent history of practice, it’s very possible that Passamus could break out next year. Falk’s Scouting Agency predicts that Passamus’s draft stock has risen slightly, but that he could still be a sleeper. This player’s draft position is truly unpredictable. If scouts believe in his drive and his future, he could easily be taken in the late first. If general managers around the league opt for other selections at wing, he could fall as far as the mid-third round. Mid to high second round is his most likely draft position.

[Image: colton_parayko_profile.jpg]

Name: Wolfhard Richter
Team: Falcons (28th Overall)
Position: D
Height / Weight: 5’11”, 185 lbs
Stats: 50GP | 13G | 20A | +4 | 26PIM | 53HIT | 52SB

One of the few German players to come out of the S42 SMJHL Entry Draft, Wolfhard Richter is an undersized defenseman with a ton of skill. His 5’11” frame is a little small for his position, but he makes up for it by playing hard on every part of the ice and always having fuel in the engine. As part of a trend in this S43 SHL Entry Draft, Richter makes up for his size with a ton of skill on both sides of the ice.

As a defenseman, protecting the net comes first. Richter possesses those skills in spades. Already elite at the SMJHL level, Richter plays a zone defensive game, using his stick and positioning to break up plays. With a prodigious level of defensive awareness, he is always a step ahead of the build-up play. Richter can easily read offensive setups and put himself into passing and shooting lanes, blocking 52 shots in 50 games and breaking up passing plays to support his goaltender.

Richter really shines in the offensive zone. He always seems to be exactly where he is needed with incredible offensive positioning, creating threats across the blue line and even in the mid slot when he gets the chance. Richter walks the line like a pro, holding plays in the zone and forcing forecheckers out of position to create opportunities. Incredibly, he never seems to tire out, so Richter uses his stick skills and positioning to wear out defensive units and force sloppy plays on long possessions.

Richter’s shot is incredible—he can crank a slapshot from the red line anywhere in the net. Shots from the slot are lethal with pinpoint accuracy, whether with the wind up or off the wrist. Speaking of wrist, his snap shots are near invisible. Richter can silently set up and unleash a rocket from the inside, catching defenders and goaltenders off guard. While Richter’s passing skills are acceptable, he clearly prefers the cowboy approach—shoot first, ask questions later.

GMs looking at Richter must have concerns about his physical game. While Richter has an acceptable amount of body checks for a junior defenseman, he is decidedly undersized and doesn’t know how to use his body to end plays. His checking is mediocre at best and he is easily muscled out of plays along the boards. Despite all his prodigious talent in the offensive zone, he is also only an average skater and relies almost entirely on his hands to protect pucks. Richter will need significant upgrades to his physical game to make an impact in the SHL, where he may not have the luxury of a team with big body forwards to give him space like he has in Detroit.

CONCLUSION:
Richter was unavailable for comment at the time of writing, and our scouts note he took a week off from off-season practices after the Falcons’ first-round playoff exit. Richter also has a limited bankroll, just under $1.5 million. A contract will be critical in ensuring he can maintain his nutrition and training regiments. Richter will be a desirable pick in the upcoming draft, but GMs will remain skeptical about his dedication due to his vacation and limited funds. Still, Richter’s high-scoring season makes Falk’s Scouting Agency 90% certain he will be picked in the second round. A team that selects Richter in the third round will have a steal, and a team selecting Richter in the first will be taking a gamble on what could be an offensive prodigy.

[Image: 6a01348829760c970c01b8d276c361970c-800wi]

Name: Eero Niemi
Team: Armada (6th Overall)
Height / Weight: 6’0”, 176 lbs
Stats: 50GP | 12G | 18A | -5 | 10PIM | 17HIT | 2SB

Who knew they grew string beans in Scandanavia? A 6’0”, 176 pound forward from Finland, Eero Niemi is a prototypical European goal-scoring winger. His frame is still a little underfilled, but his success at the major-junior level hinges on an ability to sniff out the net and shock goaltenders with shots from anywhere in the offensive zone.

As a sniper, Niemi has likely the best shot in the S43 draft. He is positively unstoppable with a sheet of open ice, able to snap pucks to the far corners of the net with surgical accuracy. Niemi’s release is nearly negative—you don’t know he’s taken a wrister until the lamp lights up. Known for his wrist shot, Niemi can also pound away slapshots from the point and launch 80 to 90 mile-per-hour bombs from anywhere in enemy territory. Add some above-average deking skill to the mix, and you get a threat that must be answered whenever he enters the zone. Niemi is not a player you can trust your goaltender to handle one-on-one—playing the angles will not work here.

Niemi is one of the best skaters available in the draft. It isn’t by a wide margin, but he navigates both sides of the ice with ease and can outrun players on icing calls and loose pucks. His agile skating covers up some deficiencies in his play, as well: Niemi can make passes but prefers not to, and his positioning is just okay—not great. With acceptable strength on the puck, Niemi isn’t the type to utilize his body as a tool but can hang onto plays and make space for himself in the neutral and attacking zones.

Niemi’s skill added up to a fantastic SMHJL campaign, tallying 12 goals and 30 points over the season. A top scorer among rookies, Niemi has a balanced outlook on his play. “Part of it will always be a team effort, and we had a lot of good picks like Jax [Aittokallio] and Bust,” Niemi told a reporter from SSPN, “but I know quite a bit about what works at this level and structured my training to do well.”

Eero Niemi is one of the best players available in this draft, but he does have his deficiencies as well. His body presence leaves a lot to be desired—he depends on other players on the team to complete checks and rarely leans into opposing players. His endurance may also be a limiting factor. Niemi proved he can produce while playing middle-six minutes this season, with over 800 minutes of TOI, but he may need some additional gas in the tank to keep up at the SHL level.

CONCLUSION:
On top of his training and keeping himself above water, Niemi’s dedication and training regimen should be of no concern to any SHL GM. Niemi is supported by a $25 million balance and never misses a morning skate. While he is fighting to jump up to the SHL, Niemi already sees the big picture. “I’m not in a huge rush to move up…I’m treating this as a marathon rather than a constant sprint to improve.” With a balanced attitude and clear dedication, as well as budding elite talent, expect Niemi to be a first-round pick, likely in the top ten.

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2018, 03:24 PM by NJBadApple.)

Well, that concludes the Season 43 Edition of the FSF. I hope to do this again next season, what a blast it was to run something like this. The best part was all four scouts are new members to the forum AND THEY DELIVERED IN A HUGE WAY. Please save any +reps for the four scouts, not myself.

SCOUTS: I'll send a PM to all four of you with payment info
MODS: Deposit all $$$ from this article to me, I'll distribute in transactions.

Thank you for reading, and as always, Go Renegades.
Renegades Renegades Renegades

Code:
Words: 13,000+

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Good stuff gonna take awhile to read through all of this

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

I didn’t realize I wrote so much. Good job to the rest of the scouts. Looking like a good read

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Wow, great work @grok @"luketd" @Nictox @ThatIrishFellow @NJBadApple. I've only read a little so far, but this is really great.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

All the other scouts making me look bad! Awesome work guys ♥️

[Image: ThatIrishFellow.gif]
[Image: SMJHL-Scarecrows.png]
[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Great read and great work boys! This is really impressive

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Dude holy crap. Incredible job - this is a fucking awesome article.

Grunts like a hippo

RETIRED

nice

[Image: 3.png]

Ilike nice work

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Bumping this, just in case some people missed it

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER