Create Account

Predraft Interview with Steven Moyer

We recently caught up with St. Louis Scarecrows Centre Steven Moyer just hours before the upcoming SHL draft. He answered as many questions as he could on such a busy day for the young draftee.

Hello Steven, how are you feeling knowing that in just a few short hours you will be drafted into the SHL?

"I'm full of many emotions right now, I'm super excited, nervous, anxious, just so many emotions running through me. It's just an amazing feeling and I am ready to get this over with so I can focus on getting ready for the upcoming season."

Do you have any preference on where you go or in what round?

"No preference at all, I know I'm going to go to the team that wants me the most and feels I can help them the most in the future. I have been told I am likely to be chosen in the 3rd round, but players fall all the time so I just have to wait and see."

How many teams have gone out of their way and reached out to you and did any stand out more than the rest?

"I've talked with 5 different SHL teams, and as for any stand outs, I would say a few seemed to show more interest than others, but again, I would be happy going to any team that drafts me because I want to play with the team that wants me enough to take me before any other team, and I want to prove they made the right choice, and everyone else made a big mistake."

Describe yourself in one word.

Dedicated, I'm dedicated to my team, my family, getting better, helping my team win, my fans, etc. Dedicated seems to be the perfect word to describe me, I believe."

How did it feel when you learned you weren't chosen by Team Canada and would have to miss out on the World Junior Tournament?

"It really sucked, but I get to watch a bunch of my current teamates giving their all for their countries and I have been enjoying the games so far. As for me, I just have to work even harder in the upcoming season to prove I belong on the team next time.Being chosen to represent your country on a huge stage like the WJC is a huge honor and one that I want to prove I deserve to be apart of. There is very little that even comes close to being chosen as one of the best your country has to compete against the world's best in a tournament as big as these."

Who do you believe has been the biggest influence on how you have made it this far in your career so far?

"There have been so many people in my life that have motivated ne to keep going through all the rough times, past coaches, former teamates, friends, family, the list goes on. I would have to say that my biggest influence however would have to be my father. He did everything to ensure me and my bother and sisters had everything we needed to succeed in life and never believed he ever did enough. Thank you Dad, I love you so much."

Which of your current teammates do you think should be drafted first (besides yourself)?

"I'm going to be a little biased and say my linemate for a big amount of the season Nicholas Williams, he is going to be a great SHL player for the lucky team that gets him, it has been fun getting to ply with a player as talented as him."

Which player on your team do you feel will be the biggest draft steal?

"Aleister Cain is going to be an amazing SHL goalie, and he is going to make the team that takes him look like geniuses. He is arguably the most determined player on our team to prove everyone wrong."

How has playing for the Scarecrows this year been for you?

"It has been absolutely incredible playing with so many amazing players. I want to thank every one of my team mates from last year, it was an honor to share the locker room, and the ice with all of you amazing people. Things didn't go as well as we had hoped following an amazing preseason, but it just makes those of us who will be back next year want to prove last year was just a fluke."

Who would you say was the MVP for St. Louis last season?

"That's a tough one, but I'll have to go with Tony Snow. He led our team in both goals and points, but even he would agree that it was a down year for himself and the rest of our team all together."

Do you feel the Scarecrows can compete for more than just a playoff spot next year?

"100% St. Louis has enough returning talent to not just compete for a playoff spot, but also go all the way and reclaim the championship."

What do you have to say to the next new batch of Scarecrows?

"You are going to be joining a locker room full of amazing people that are all willing to help you with your every need, you just have to ask. I have had nothing but positive experiences with my team and the management running the team. You are in some really good hands with the current management team."

And lastly, what would you like to say to the fans of the team that drafts you, what can they expect from you in the future?

"I give everything I have every night, I never have a day off when it comes to getting better and if I feel like I am not doing enough, I will work even harder to prove I was not a wasted draft pick. I want to help my team win and am willing to do everything to make my team better. I don't want to be remembered as a failure when my career is over and I look back on it."

Thank you Steven, and good luck where ever you go.

"Thanks, and Go Scarecrows!"

(Word Count: 1031)

Scarecrows

you have been awesome all season and some team is going to be thrilled to draft you!

let's go get that 4 Star Cup next season!

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Nice write up!

Go Crows!

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

really good write up. enjoyed the interview! good luck in the draft, man

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

Canadian Duck reminding everyone he's alive. Draft steal in coming.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

I enjoyed this one Cheers

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Blizzard

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother