Create Account

Post Draft/Trade Presser With Steven Moyer
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2018, 02:20 PM by CanadianDuck.)

We will be joined later today by the Edmonton Blizzards drafted/San Francisco Pride traded SHL rookie Steven Moyer. We ask that you leave your questions now so we can have him answer them later today.

Hello Steven, we know you have been busy these last few days with the draft and the trade, but thank you for taking some time to answer some preapproved questions we have for you today.
Thanks for having me. I just finished setting up my future dwelling in Edmonton, when I learned I had been traded. I am now currently looking for one in San Francisco. Lets get into these questions, I always enjoy answering them.

How did you feel when you found out Edmonton had drafted you 29th overall?
I was excited about not only joining a great team, but that I was drafted with my current teammates Adam Taylor and Aleister Cain.

Were you more surprised by your draft position, or that you were traded the next day?
Being traded so soon after being drafted was the bigger surprise. I expected to be drafted somewhere in the 3rd round, but players can be taken early or completely fall through the cracks so I was ready for any outcome on draft day.

The Pride now have 4 C prospects in King, Muerto, yourself, and Makinen; how will you set yourself apart?
As you know i missed the SMJHL entry draft, which put me behind most of my fellow rookies, i workd as hard as i could to prove i was just as good as them. As for setting myself apart, I have to find the one area of the game that I am better at than each of those guys and work as hard as I can to stay competitive in the areas they currently out preform me.

Are you excited to return to the Scarecrows for another season?
Absolutely, I am hoping to win as many championships with the Scarecrows as I can, before I permanently move up to the Pride. 

Give us your bold prediction for the S43 season.
I am going to have to pick something so crazy that if it happens I can myself a psychic. I predict the Manhattan Rage will be playing in the finals against the Winnipeg Jets. (If that isn't a bold prediction, I don't know what is.

What were your thoughts when the trade was announced? 
I wont lie, I was pretty upset when I heard about the trade. I was excited about continuing my career with both Aleister Cain and my current linemate Adam Taylor in Edmonton. I agreed to a cheaper contract along with my fellow Blizzard draftees to help Edmonton with potential additions to their roster. I have calmed down since then, and hope the best for them this year. I do get to join Goku Muerto in San Francisco, so I have a Scarecrow teammate I get to play beside here.

How are you settling into the new locker room?
Pretty good I'd say,. Im a pretty laid back and quiet person, but I do enjoy all my teammates and have nothing bad to say about anyone on this (or any other) team.

Of your new teammates, who do you want to take 1v1 in a hot dog eating competition?
Leshaun King, because if I can beat him at anything, it has to involve eating as much food as possible in a short amount of time.

How are you liking the locker room in St. Louis and SFP?
I have enjoyed both locker rooms, I have nothing but positive experiences from each.

Any notable people that you click with?
I would say I click with everyone I've ever played with, but if I had to pick just one... I'll say Nicholas Williams from St. Louis and Goku Muerto from San Francisco just because I have known him longer than the other Pride players I have met.

If a woodchuck could chuck wood, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck?
A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Where do you see yourself in 5 seasons?
It's hard to say, I've already been traded once, who knows if it will happen again. I personally hope I've improved to the point that teams are kicking themselves for not drafting (or keeping) me.

San Francisco assembled a wealth of young talent this draft, particularly forward talent.

C (3) - Leshaun King, Gokue Muerto, Eero Makinen, Yourself
W (6) - Luke Thomason, Jeff Brogen, Vince Rieper, Richard Metcalf Jr, Jack Kennedy, Carlo Russo
D (1) - Sean Stevenson Jr

Wtih the hope being that the team can develop three solid forward lines which they can roll seamlessly, (ala Tavares/Matthews/Kadri lines for the leafs)

For some this can be a double edged sword. On one side, no matter where you'll play you'll be surrounded by talent, but theres currently 10 forward prospects in the system and 9 spots, whats your mentality about playing in a system like that?

Well having 10 players for 9 spots means someone will have to be the odd man out and likely be moved, personally I want to help my team win even if it means playing on a lower line. I am a team first player, and (as shown by the contract I signed with Edmonton before they traded me) I am often willing to sacrifice some benefits to ensure my team is better for it.

What are you most excited about in joining the Pride?
The same reason I was excited about joining Edmonton, the team wanted me enough to take a chance on me. In a few years San Francisco is going to be a powerhouse that cannot be stopped, and I want to be a small reason as to why.

What do you think the Pride need to do over the next two seasons to be successful?
They just need to continue developing their current prospects, and strengthen their defensive depth for the eventual rise of the future Pride dynasty.

That's all the questions we currently have for you, thank you again for answering some questions for us.
It's no problem at all, thanks for all the questions. See you all again for the next one.

If anyone has any last minute questions, please leave them below and we will have Steven answer them next time.

(Word Count:1125)

How did you feel when you found out Edmonton had drafted you 29th overall?

Were you more surprised by your draft position, or that you were traded the next day?

The Pride now have 4 C prospects in King, Muerto, yourself, and Makinen; how will you set yourself apart?

Are you excited to return to the Scarecrows for another season?

Give us your bold prediction for the S43 season.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

What were your thoughts when the trade was announced?

How are you settling into the new locker room?

Of your new teammates, who do you want to take 1v1 in a hot dog eating competition?

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

How are you liking the locker room in St. Louis and SFP?

Any notable people that you click with?

If a woodchuck could chuck wood, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck?

Scarecrows

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Where do you see yourself in 5 seasons?

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

San Francisco assembled a wealth of young talent this draft, particularly forward talent.

C (3) - Leshaun King, Gokue Muerto, Eero Makinen, Yourself
W (6) - Luke Thomason, Jeff Brogen, Vince Rieper, Richard Metcalf Jr, Jack Kennedy, Carlo Russo
D (1) - Sean Stevenson Jr

Wtih the hope being that the team can develop three solid forward lines which they can roll seamlessly, (ala Tavares/Matthews/Kadri lines for the leafs)

For some this can be a double edged sword. On one side, no matter where you'll play you'll be surrounded by talent, but theres currently 10 forward prospects in the system and 9 spots, whats your mentality about playing in a system like that?

What are you most excited about in joining the Pride?

What do you think the Pride need to do over the next two seasons to be successful?

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons