Create Account

Fellow N00bz: READ THIS
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2018, 02:48 PM by Nickleback_lover69.)

What is up PARTY PEOPLE!!

For all you newcomers who haven’t been paying much attention, the SMJHL Draft is TOMORROW! 7:00pm Eastern Time! And for those of you who aren’t sure which teams you should be excited to play for, or if GM’s have been noticing you or not, this is the article for you! (this may help those of you looking to write a mock draft as well)
I must start off by thanking the GM’s: @ml002 ,@Waters, @adamantium , @TheDangaZone , and @nour for taking time out of your day and being so helpful and kind.

Okay you filthy first gen’s, I’ll start off by mentioning what each team is looking for, and if you think you fit the criteria…I’ll go on to explain what that team has to offer you as a player.

Anchorage Armada- GM: ml002

These guys are in desperate need of some centers, if that is you, this is a great team to start off in because you will get enough ice time to really grow as a player.  This year Armada made it to the playoffs for the first time in two seasons! They have an active LR, with a lot of veterans that you can learn from, as well as 5 SHL GMs in their LR to talk to you about possible future destinations.
So If you’re a rookie Center, who are staying active with solid TPE and looking for ice time! Armada is the place to be!

I’ll also take this time to mention according to ml002 himself... He does not enjoy smelling his own farts, contrary to what you may have heard.

I personally, see a player like myself doing well on this team.

Detroit Falcons: - GM: Waters

Defensemen? This is YOUR team. These guys are coming into the draft with an incredible forward corps, and great goalie. The one area they’re lacking is their defense. GM Waters has a good game plan moving forward. He mentioned earlier today that “The hope is to either fill out these pieces with defensemen in this draft, which is very deep on defensemen, or to trade the picks for defensemen that can help us more immediately.” Unfortunately, if you’re a rookie defensemen you will be overlooked by the recreates.

This will be a recurring theme in this draft, it’s important to keep in mind that no matter how high your TPE is or activity on forum and discord. Recreates will almost ALWAYS have the upper hand because GM’s know they are going to stick around and not become inactive after a few months. Don’t let it get you down…once you’ve been around long enough and the SHL draft rolls around, it will start to matter less whether you’re a noob or not.  
That being said, Detroit is still paying attention to active first-gens for the second or third rounds.

Vancouver Whalers:- GM: Adamantium

This team isn’t looking for a particular type of player, because they have positional needs all over the spectrum. But if you are a good time, and can liven up an LR. This is the team for YOU. I spoke to Adam today about how he would describe his LR culture and he responded by saying.. “If you ask me, Vancouver's a pretty welcoming place with a lot of colorful personalities. Everyone's got a different opinion on things but at the same time it isn't hard to get along with people in our LR. As far as finding out who fits into that, it's a mix of a few things. If we're drafting a recreate, it often comes down to how well myself and the management team know them as people. For people who are totally new to the site, a lot of it is that interested prospects thread as well as just reaching out to the rookies and talking to them. Plus a little bit of luck, maybe?” So if you’re interested in joining the Whalers, you obviously need to be a good player…but try and stand out in the prospect threads and make yourself known!

Halifax Raiders: - GM: TheDangaZone

I’ll start of by saying I have a soft spot for this team and GM. But regardless of my bias I think they are definitely the team to beat this year. TDZ has built a strong team and has the first pick for the draft coming up. He’s looking to put a couple weapons on their third line and some help on the blue line to really round out their depth and allow them to shine all season. As far as their LR, I personally had the opportunity to join this team for the end of the season and experience their LR. I’ll start by saying if you’re looking for a good laugh or you’re remotely interested in NFL or video games. This is the place for you. I also have never felt more welcomed or included by a group of people. These guys motivate activity because they’ve built genuine friendships and they build each other up. They’ll also probably make fun of you. So take nothing personally…

Kelowna Knights: -GM: Nour

I’m not going to lie...This GM really impressed me. There’s a reason they’ve won 3 championships. But Kelowna is looking to rebuild this season, after losing most of their strong players to the SHL. If you’re looking for a team to grow with, and an awesome GM to learn from, this is the place to do it. They’re focused on center’s and goalies. But aside from what they need for their roster, they’re looking for passionate, and engaging young players that make their discord the place to be. To quote Nour “Our LR culture like I said tends to revolve around people who make Kelowna a fun and tight-knit place to play for, so that absolutely influences the way we draft. We want to add people who want to be here, who will actively participate and will keep up to date with the sim results on a day to day basis. Our LR culture is really fun, we’ve got a lot of really funny guys in our room and a great alumni presence, so it usually keeps the room really busy and active.” I don’t know about you. But I would love to play for a team like this!

As for the last 3 teams, all 3 GM’s offered to help, but schedules didn’t seem to line up.

For those of you writing your  Mock draft some big names to consider are: @Eggy216 Rainbow Dash without a doubt (I would be surprised if he wasn’t first pick), Taurus Karazija is a big name that is being thrown out by GM’s, as well as : Shouta Aizawa, Antonio Calculon, and Jean-Pierre Gay

At this point rookies, the best thing you can do is put yourselves out there and have fun. Toot your own horn… what makes you different or stand out? For example, what makes me stand out?

1.)    I’m highest TPE center in my draft, 37 of which is banked, I’m looking to use my TPE in a way that compliments my team (I’m assuming most players use theirs)
2.)    I write very long articles and spend time on my media (6000 words for my first article) which means I’m set for the season.
3.)    I have IRL friends that play the game which motivates activity
4.)    As a first gen I’ve already experienced LR culture after being signed to a team for the end of their season.

Knowing that I’m an active rookie who has the potential to score a lot of points, I will likely be a late first round, or early second round pick.

Knowing what you know now…where do you see yourself?

Good luck to all the prospects tomorrow! I’m excited to see what happens

Words:1,294

Awesome article Cheers you snapped with this one

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

Stop making yourself look better, it makes it harder to steal you.

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

For everyone else on the dark theme, there is in fact a media piece here. I was very confused for a moment

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

Good stuff! Mock drafts are definitely sleeping on you so far

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Gave me some insight I didn't know about some of the Jr team's. Thanks for writing this up and good luck tomorrow.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

09-02-2018, 09:23 PMNobody Wrote: For everyone else on the dark theme, there is in fact a media piece here. I was very confused for a moment

Dark theme is life.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Nice article. Should be a fun draft!

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

Really good article. Think you'd be a great fit on the Armada or Knights, but would love to keep you in Halifax.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

thank you for the kind words Xena, best of luck at the draft tomorrow!

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

excellent writeup!

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Where STL tho

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

09-03-2018, 12:42 AMSlashACM Wrote: Where STL tho

GM didn’t get back to me

awesome article!

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

Who a betr rock star nickelback or post malone?

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]