Create Account

S43 PT #2 - Generational Talent
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2018, 01:25 PM by Wally.)

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SENDDOWNS ONLY.

We want to hear your ALL-SHL Team! Who were the best 6 players of each decade, but with a bit of a twist. You may choose only a max of two players from one decade, but must pick at least one player from each decade.
---

Decades to choose from:

S1-S9
S10-S19
S20-S29
S30-S39

---

Written Task: In a minimum of 150 words, select (1) Center, (2) Wingers, (2) Defensemen and (1) Goaltender. Tell us why you selected who you did.

Graphic Task: Create three Special Edition trading cards (1 F, 1 D and 1 G). Please include their name on the front of the card, their render with the logo of a team they played for and one key stat called out on it. *Note you only have to design the front of the card.

Podcast Task: Post your link. Give us your rundown in a minimum of 8 minutes, your breakdown of your ALL-SHL Decade team. Select (1) Center, (2) Wingers, (2) Defensemen and (1) Goaltender. Tell us why you selected who you did. Who dominated their decade most? What made them stand out?

Welfare: If you are claiming welfare, post the link below on one of our Affiliate Plus sites (NSFL or PBE) and we will verify your submission meets the affiliates requirements. The PT must be completed during our PT #2 week, meaning the posting of this task to the due date below.

USE THIS FOR HELP: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BTxKfmQ...HGItU/view

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements of one task.

This PT will close Monday, September 17th, at 7pm EST.

Please PM me with any questions or concerns.

I love that you're giving different options for these things, it really gives the opportunity for more creativity.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2018, 04:20 PM by majesiu.)

Nice to see so many options.

Wellfare - PBE/NSFL PT Affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2018, 11:30 AM by luke.)

S1 -9: Ron Mexico -Drafted S1: POS: C I think this is one of the best early generational players the SHL has seen through the 8 seasons. Sure he hasnt had the best consistent points in his later years, but in his prime, he had boasted over 30 point seasons through S11. In season 9 he stood out as he got 85 points in 1 season, leading the league in points.

S10-19: Jakub Aittokaillo - Drated S12: POS: G. Looking at a goalie to pick, I think Jakub is one of the best ever. Looking at all the years he played for the league, and how he was able to remain so dominant, Arriving in S14, and ending in S30. Throughout the S14-20 though, he had over .500 win rate.

Phil Schenn: POS: RW. Drafted S9. A great S10-19 player that held over 30 points the entire decade.

S 20 - 29
Roy Razin(D) : drafted S16. A great defender that spanned over 14 years in the league, with over 1000 SB in his career it was easy to pick him

Shawn Velvera(D): Drafted S10. Another great defenser of the era. Played for 18 seasons, and reached his peak in the early S20's, and was still dominant until he retired in S30

S30 - 39
Pedro Sarantez(LW) drafted S18. To round out the all star team is Pedro for me. Aboslute monster of a player, getting over 800 points in his seasons, and having some of his best work in S30-39

247 words

Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

NSFL PT Affiliation

I think it's worth the read

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

pH

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2018, 04:51 PM by King.)

Wow, I'm not a smart man. Second time doing this...

G - (S10-19) Jakub Aittokallio. I'm biased here since @JayWhy is a good friend of mine, but I got to take Aittokallio for my all time goalie. most wins ever, amazing SV% and GAA. His 3 cups and insane S15 season speak for themselves. Mexico, McBride, Honcho, Razov all in one season.

D - (S20-29) Alonzo Garbanzo. Legendary longevity, overshadowed only by Esa's. 9x 1st all start is stupidly impressive. Wouldn't be surprised if thats the all time record, along with 5 Scott Stevens. The GOAT defencemen imo.

D - (S1-10) Chris Partlow. The first great defencmen in the SHL. Honestly not sure how his legacy score is higher than Alonzo's, but the next best defencemen imo. Done it all, won it all.

F - (S30-39) Joe Kurcwezki. Honestly the only player in this age bracket I think belongs in an all time GOAT list. I think he's had the most illustruous career of anyone from the stacked S31 draft, and he's still on a perennial cup contender, and a two-way forward of the year contender. Easy pick for this bracket.

F -  (S20-29) VLAD McZehrl . Had probably the greatest single season in SHL history. Combined with an amazing career overall. He's won more trophies than he can carry. The McZehrls are SHL hockey family royality.  

C - (S1-9) Ron Mexico. Going with the easy choice everyones making and taking Mexico. Won the first ever cup in SHL history, won his namesake trophy four times while being nominated twice. His name has been engraved in SHL history. Probably the most memorable name in the SHL to date.

288 Words

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2018, 07:01 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Defense: Aiden Richan - s1-10
Aiden Richan jumped into the SHL in season 5 with a minor role on the teams blue line and to little fanfair, but with a great work ethic and the will to win Richan turned himself into one of the best defensemen to ever lace up the skates. With an award named after him the stalwart blur liner played for 3 teams over 12 seasons where he put up 391 points, 700 blocks and an amazing +134 on the ice.

Defense: Tony Falone - s1-10
Im a fan of SHL history and with this selection i honor one of the founding fathers of the SHL.. Tony Falone.  The all star defender played 7 seasons on the ice and then moved to league ownership where he purchased and brought in the Hamilton Steelhawks to the SHL. As GM he ushered in the first wave of SHL superstar stars which included the immortal Ron Mexico and Scott Stevens. On the ice Falone played for 3 teams and was the captain of the Dragons.

Forward: Nicholas Pedersen - s20-30
You can count on 1 hand the amount of players that possess the resume of a Nicholas Pedersen. His 22 year career boasts 869 points which ranks 8th all time to go along with his 8 finals appearances and 5 challenge cup trophies. The skill, the dedeication, the leadership and the endurance were on on disply in what will be a 1st ballot hall of fame career.

Forward: Esa Anrikkanen - s10-20
His iconic career spans 25 seasons where he boasts 5 Challenege Cup Championships 9 trips to the finals, and almost 950 total points which is the most in league history! Breaking Joe McNiels record back in season 41. Theres a strong case to be made that Esa is the Michael Jordon of the SHL and the face of this 43 season league.

Power Forward: Mike Izzy AKA 'the Augment' - s30-39
The true power forward position was an endangered species in the early 30's as most Players added power to there games only after being capped out everywhere else. but in S35 Mike Izzy changed the game with a deviant shot and a non apologetic commitment to hitting people.. Izzy quickly captured the essence of what it meant to be an abrasive 2 way player in the SHL. Known as 'the Augment' Izzy has caused nightmares for opposing managers averaging 44 points and 193 hits per season since his sophmore year. and where he truly seperates himself from his peers is in post season where hes played an intrical part in Calgarys 2 president awards, 3 western conferance championships and 2 challenge cup trophies in just 6 seasons of play! With a player build close to 1900 and 2 seasons left until regression Izzy is well on his way to becoming the 8th player in SHL history to move past the 2000+ TPE mark.

Goalie: Hunter Wong - s20-29
Hunter Wong was the guardian in goal for Calgary over the better part of 16 seasons where he boasts a 365-231-57 record with a 2.61 goals against average and a .904 save percentage to go along with 46 shutouts in 653 career starts! The 1st ballot hall of famer also enjoys 3 championship rings to his resume.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2018, 01:37 PM by Ace.)

Generational Talents
S1-S10 – D – S5 - Erik Chisling. The guy who changed the game! He only played from S5-S11, but he reinvented the defensive position in the SHL. He was the true first offensive defenseman and is a SHL Hall of Famer. Challenge Cup winner, plus he was managed by me.

S11-19 – C – S12 - Ace Faulkner. Short career, S12-S18, but still has his name on the Wolfpack scoring leaders books. Never got his name on the cup with them though, but managed by me, so he’s a Generational Talent in my book.

S20-S29 – D – S19 – Kaspars Tsizling. The guy who was supposed to be a stud two way defender but turned into four time Turd Ferguson Trophy winner. Still got a Cup, though. Also managed by me.

S20-S29 – LW – S18 - Esa Anrikkanen – One time Challenge Cup winner, but part of the dynamic annually contending Calgary Dragons. How can I not go with Esa here? Not managed by me.

S30-S39 – G – S30 - Ace Dafoe. He had a true mind for the game and was a silent observer most nights. One of the finest backup goaltenders the Winnipeg Jets ever had. Also managed by me.

S30-S39 – LW – S36 – Tigole Bitties – He didn’t play much during the decade, and I think he’ll be far better suited to be known for the S40-49 when it’s all said and done, but he was a finalist for the Jesster and was also managed by me. He spent the majority of this time on the wing.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2018, 01:51 PM by ErM.)

S1 -9:
Ron Mexico - Center, S1 draftee. Ron Mexico is a big deal and has an award named after him so that has got to be a pretty big deal. Furthermore he is a hall of fame player with a very decorated career that includes the following accolades:
2x Challenge Cup (S1, S7)
4x Ron Mexico Trophy (S3, S5, S6, S9)
3x Sarmad Khan Trophy (S3, S5, S9)
4x Sergei Karpotsov Trophy (S3, S5, S6, S9)
2x Jay McDonald Trophy (S5, S6)
2x Ron Mexico Nominee (S7, S8)

Ryan Jester - Goalie, S1 draftee. Ryan Jester is another one of the big names in SHL history. Like Mexico, Jester is a hall of famer with an award named after him and one of the most talked about goalies ever. His decorated career included the following awards:
2x Challenge Cup (S8, S9)
1x John McBride Trophy (S8)
1x Damian Littleton Trophy (S9)
3x Sarmad Khan Trophy (S4, S8, S9)
1x Mike Honcho Trophy (S8)
1x Anton Razov Trophy (S8)
3x John McBride Nominee (S7, S9, S10)

S10-19:
Aidan Richan - Defender, S5 draftee. Aidan Richan is another player with a hall of fame career. Though Richan did a lot of his work in the S10-S19 decade including winning a Scott Stevens Trophy in season 11 and a Damian Littleton Trophy in season 11. Richan retired in season 16 but still makes the cut for this decade.

Christoph Klose - Left Wing, S6 draftee. Christoph Klose is a winger that had a lot of success in the S10-S19 era and earned himself a spot in the hall of game. He retired in season 15 but earned the following awards: S10 Challenge Cup, S13 Jeff Dar Trophy, S14 Jeff Dar nominee.

S 20 - 29:
Bojo Biscuit - Defender, S20 draftee. Bojo Biscuit is a name still whispered around the league and his awards are impressive. Here are his career accolades, with his prime clearly being S20-S29:
1x 1st All-Star Team (S27)
1x 3rd All-Star Team (S25)
2x Damian Littleton Trophy (S27, S31)
2x Turd Ferguson Trophy (S22, S26)
Ryan Jesster Nominee (S20)
1x Damian Littleton Nominee (S23)

S30 - 39:
V-L-A-D McZehrl is my guy for the 30s decade with a resume that should speak for itself. McZehrl was a S25 draftee at the right wing position and during his time he notched the following awards:
5x 1st All-Star Team (S28, S30, S31, S32, S37)
2x 2nd All-Star Team (S29, S34)
1x 3rd All-Star Team (S33)
1x Aidan Richan Trophy (S28)
3x Sergei Karpotsov Trophy (S30, S32, S34)
3x Jay McDonald Trophy (S30, S34, S37)
1x Ron Mexico Trophy (S34)
1x Anton Razov Trophy (S34)
3x Challenge Cup (S27, S34, S37)
4x Ron Mexico Nominee (S29, S30, S32, S37)

Each of these players earned their spot for their decade due to the many awards and associated presage as individually mentioned.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

C-Ron Mexico(S1-S9)

One of the most skilled players to ever play in the SHL and honestly was the first all time great in the SHL, lead the jets to multiple cups, scoring titles and MVP during his career. I view him as one of the best centres to play the game and one of the best leaders.

LW-Ben Wong(S10-S19)

Wong was one of the most dominant offensive wingers to ever play in the SHL was a near point per game player and dominated this decade in the amount of points that he earned over this 10 year strench, had 2 70 point seasons and scored over 20 goals six times.

RW-Esa Anrikkanen(S20-S29)

Esa is going to be considered one of the best leaders to ever play the game. He knows what it takes to win in the play-offs and he was consistent year to year he might not have had an dominant season where he elad the league or anything but he was dominant in winning and that is what matters at the end of the day.

D-Chris Partlow(S11-S19)

One of the best offensive defencemen of his era, had an 62 point season one year and lead Texas to a couple of cups and scott Stevens award during his career. Was the best dman to ever play before Alonzo showed up and stole that title.

D-Alonzo Garbanzo(S30-S39)

Lowest point total for Alonzo during this ten years strench was 33 which is impressive for an aging defender, he had a better second half of his career which is impressive if you consider how good of a 1st half he did. He had a couple of stevens during this time and honestly is one of the most dominant defenders to ever play the game.

G-John McBride(S1-S9)
One of the best goalies ever and honestly was one of the most dominant. Short lived career and honestly would probably be considered an all time great if he played as a goalie for a longer time frame.

351 words

(S1) C Ron Mexico
In my opinion, Ron Mexico is the best SHL player ever. The man had the league MVP trophy named after him. He won league MVP 4 times, player voted MVP 3 times, points leader 4 times, and 2 Challenge Cups. He was the definition of a dominate player. No one could touch him during his career. The greatest of all time.

(S33) W Chris York
Chris York has had an amazing career in the SHL. He is consistently one of the top 3 players in the league and is a points monster. He's lead in points twice, goals twice, a 2 time Jeff Dar winner, and has a challenge cup. In this new era, he's been the face of the league.

(S25) W Lord Pretty Flacko
When I think of Flacko, I picture one of the best goal scorers in SHL history. He has a gift in scoring goals and will be remembered as one of the best at doing it. He's lead the league in goals twice, but the years he didn't he was still top 3. The hardest thing to do in hockey is score and Flacko perfected the craft.

(S10) D Chris Partlow
Arguably the best defenceman in SHL History and for sure top 3. Partlow was absolutely dominate during his career. He longevity and consistency is tough to match. He won league MVP once, 3 Stevens Trophies, 3 Challenge Cups, and a playoff MVP. The man did everything on the ice that you want a top defenceman to do. He was a monster on the ice.

(S21) D Alonzo Garbanzo
Garbanzo has had a very long career, but man has he kept up his elite play. We talked about Partlow being a monster, Garbanzo was just as elite. He has moved into the top 3 of all time defenceman and he's well deserved of that honour. He's a 5 time Stevens winner, a league MVP, and challenge cup winner. He's been the best defenceman in the SHL for almost his whole career. One of the GOATs.

(S5) G John McBride
The best goalie in SHL History, in my opinion. His career wasn't terribly long, but it was elite from beginning to end. The best goalie in the league trophy is named after him, and for good reason, because he won it 6 times! He also added a challenge cup and playoff MVP to his resume. A dominate run in Winnipeg, McBride carved his name as the best to ever do it. At his best, this is what he did in Season 7 en route to the Challenge Cup. After winning the first series in 7 games, the Jets went on to swipe the final 2 series to win the Cup. In those 8 games, McBride only let in 9 goals. GOAT.

(469 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2
Regular Season - [G 7] [A 13] [Pts 20] [+/- +27] [PIM 36] [Hits 37] [SB 125]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 2] [Pts 2] [+/- +4] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 12]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Here's my Graphic Option!
[Image: LPF.png]
[Image: Kari.png]
[Image: Jakub.png]

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018, 06:54 PM by adamantium.)

Twenty minutes till deadline? Yeah, I can do that.

So let's talk star power, because it's an incredibly important factor for any sport and when you're talking about the greatest team of all time, you've gotta talk star power. So who's your greatest Starting 6 ever?

GOALIE
Jakub Aittokallio - S13
If you're talking all-time greats, you're talking Aittokallio. It's easy to take McBride or Prikulis, but Aittokallio's awards spread and his career numbers speak for themselves. A sub-2.500 GAA, a .900+ SV% and 402 wins makes for one of if not the best goaltender in league history.

DEFENDERS
Alonzo Garbanzo - S21
One of the best defenders of all time, with an astounding 9x first all-star team 5x Scott Stevens trophies (and five more nominations), and a Challenge Cup to his name, Garbanzo is the prototypical defenceman of the late S20s and early S30s. For the sake of the PT, we'll consider this for his S20s seasons, but he's been good and will go down as one of the best without a doubt.

Chris Partlow - S10
It's hard not to take Partlow here, all things considered. He and Garbanzo would be the magic pairing and Partlow's status as one of the earliest greats in the league earns him an easy spot on my All-SHL team.

WINGERS
VLAD McZehrl - S24
The GOAT winger, without a doubt. McZehrl's prolific career in the SHL has not gone without note and his fantastic points spread along with an extensive sheet of awards and nominations (and 3 Cups!) make him the arguable best winger of all time. For now at least.

Chris York - S33
Maybe a controversial pick, all things considered, but York's work on the ice as a Challenge Cup winner and his long list of awards and nominations, along with his character and leadership abilities off the ice, make him the quintessential S30s winger and he absolutely deserves a nod on this list.

CENTRE
Ron Mexico - S1
There's a reason that the league MVP is named after the man. Mexico's status as one of the SHL's greatest players, if not it's greatest player ever, means that including the original centreman on this list is a must. His appearance here marks just how far the league has come but also just how deep the league's roots go. I've thrown around the word "prototypical" in this post already, but Mexico truly deserves the title of the Prototypical SHL Centreman. Hats off to a legend.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch