Create Account

My Return to Writing

I know this is my first media article in a while, and I am planning to do more articles in the future, but this article was mandatory to write as I dropped all my belongings and responsibilities to write this article, for every word and every letter written here came straight from the warmth of my heart and every sentence should be taken in the most sincerity for nothing here is said sarcastically. Thank you.

Now to begin my article:

My experience in Prince George and in Anchorage:

If I had to describe my experience in Anchorage/Prince George in one word, I couldn’t. It was such a great experience. The warm love from the city, the people, the fans, my teammates, my general manager, or anyone who has ever seen me. The warm love I got everyday, it all just kept me going. It always brought a smile on my face so all I could do for them was do my job and give them some good hockey. Every morning when I would wake up I would remember where I am and just smile. I’d get up, look through my bedroom window, and just gaze upon the city. Bustling, loud, and filled with amazing people. As I walk to the supermarket every I would get greeted by people all the time, telling me how much they love how I play hockey and the team too. They also tell me how much they love the manager and how much of a good job he’s doing. As I go to each game, and I hear the applauses at the home games for each player at the beginning of the game. It will always warm my heart.

My story with the Seattle Riot:

The Seattle Riot is a lovely team. Seattle itself as a city is amazing. Whenever I got the call up to play, the fans always cheered me on. In the streets. In the games. And in whatever scarce fan mail I ever got. Every day in the morning I would think about in the future how I would be playing games for the Seattle Riot, one day, it will come true. But sadly, that might not be the case. I have been slowing down tpe wise and that might mean Samee might have to let me walk to FA, but I talk about this in his segment, so you’ll read about it more later on. For now, it will just be a cliffhanger.
Back to the Riot. What I loved most about the Riot was, of course, the Locker room. Always pulsing with positive or just any regular energy. The ping for sim results was never late. The opportunity to remind us about tpe opportunities was always there. And the players and alumni were just great people to talk to. They were all so very funny, every day they made me laugh with their jokes and stories. Every day I would wonder, “I wonder what’s gonna happen in the locker room today, but at least I know that whatever it is, it will for sure be always great.” The locker room is just such a nice place to be in. But, if the event comes that I will have to leave the team, then so be it, but just know that I’ll never forget all the great moments and happiness you guys gave me. Thank you.

There are a few people I would like to thank before I go.

To the good ol’ bois of the Armada! You guys were and will still be my best of friends, to be honest, I will probably be more active in the Armada Locker Room because the ambiance and aura that is in it is just so appealing. It puts a smile on my face every time I walk through that door. You guys helped me win at least on GOTY award back in my sophomore year, you guys also voted me captain in my rookie year and Alternate in my sophomore and junior years. You guys did so much for me and I did all I can do to repay you guys. Best of luck to the team next year, I hope you win a cup and finally get a ring on that finger.

@Sleepy was the General Manager of the Firebirds for the first two (or three) years of when I was on the team. He was nice. He helped out Ml a lot with the lines and the sim, and he also was a great guy to be with in the locker room. He always had a smile on his face, with his goofy pancake profile picture to his just great personality that rubs off on everyone. He was a big piece of the Firebirds.

@spooked is a guy I never really met, but from my interactions with him and from watching him do things and talk to people in the locker room it was easy for me to tell that he is a very sweet guy. I have always seen him talk in an optimistic manner and never talk down about anyone or anything. He’s always cheering people up no matter the circumstances and is always successful. Overall, he is just a great guy. Thanks for being my general manager for like a year or two. it is really sad that I can’t remember this lmao.

I would like to thank @Samee, the General Manager of the Seattle Riot. Samee and I have known each other for over 3 years now, all starting from that cursed website 2bc, curse that name, he has been a great guy ever since I met him. I do not why he gets all this shit, since the day I have known him and he has only been nice to me and I think he deserves a much better reputation.
He picked me 11th overall in the SHL entry draft. He spent around 8-9 million dollars in contract money to keep me as his prospect. Despite this, he was not afraid to tell me that there was a chance that he had to let me walk to free agency. He was not afraid to let me go. Now imagine this. Chevydalihoff or whatever the General Manager of the Colorado Avalanche is goes to Mikko Rantanen, his 9th overall pick in the NHL entry draft and tells him after one year that because of cap and because his development is slowing down that there is a good chance that he would let him go. That’s what Samee had to do. He told me the problem, and he explained it very clearly what the problem was and why it happened.
But not only did he tell me the problem and the cause, he also encouraged me and told me that I could turn it around. Even though the need for a starting goalie is gonna be rare for teams in FA this year, he told me that he believes that I can turn it around. And for all of that, I was grateful to have him as my general manager and to have him pick me in the draft. Even if it ends up that he is able to keep me, he is still an amazing person, and someone who is not scared for anything. He was a friendly face to me when I was mostly hated to bits on the cursed 2bc site, and also in discord, whenever I was lost. I would like to thank him for all he has done to me and for the Seattle Riot. Thank you, and best of luck.

@StaticShocked is a cool guy. No matter where I am on discord he is always in the servers I am in. He has helped me a lot, despite only doing the little things. But the truth is, without someone doing the little things, how will the big things ever happen? Someone has to do the fine tuning work, and for me, static is and was the one who did it. Even though he didn’t do much, it was enough for him to make it on the list. And if I walk, thank you for being my gm.

Lastly, I want to give my thanks to @ml002,

He chose me in the 3rd round in the SMJHL draft. He knew the first time I did this I disappeared after a week. He knew that it could happen again. He knew that last time I was drafted last overall. He knew that there was a great chance that he could be picking a total bust. But he did it anyway. With his very first pick in the 3rd round he chose me. He was the only one to dm me saying that he would pick me with his first pick. Even when no one else thought I would be active, even when everyone thought that I would just disappear again, he chose me. Without a bit of doubt he chose me. I would then to go on and win at least one GOTY award, and help carry my team to two playoff appearances in my 4 years playing. His soul is as soft as a sheep’s wool, and his heart is as warm as the sun. He’s as gentle as a butterfly in the summer breeze. Out of everyone, and everything, he chose me. He chose to draft me, he chose to make me captain in my rookie year. He chose to play he as his starting goalie no matter my tpe for the 4 years I was with him. He believed, so I delivered. If I had to be fair, I would say he is the best gm out there, I don’t know why he hasn’t gotten an SHL offer yet. In the locker room on discord, he was always so kind to every player. No matter how they were doing stat wise. If we, the team, struggled, his first priority was always to figure out how to fix this problem the team had no matter how long it took. He took a team that was in shambles, burnt to the ground. And he chose me, to be the starting piece in the puzzle to build it back together. He took this team and made into a team with champion-like talent. Sadly, we didn’t get the success we deserved, but he still did phenomenal, Lady Luck just was not on our side. Every part of my heart and soul goes out to him and the Anchorage Armada and to wish them the best of luck with the team, that they should not only win one cup, but to create a dynasty, show the other teams the right way to do it as they watch the master work with their jaws dropped to the floor. Good luck, ML.

Please, forgive me if I am not very good in writing the details of the story, or if I am not a good story teller or emotional writer in general. Writing is not really my best subject. But I did what I can, and I hope it is enough.

I would like to end this by thanking everyone who read this, as I bid them ado as my journey continues, thank you. I spent 3 hours working, and writing, and fine tuning this heartfelt article of mine. I have poured my entire heart and soul out and i hope it shows on paper. I hope you enjoyed it, for I definitely enjoyed writing this but I did not enjoy the reason I had to write it. But these things happen, and I must fight through it. My happiness in Prince George and in Anchorage was immeasurable and my day was always great. To any rookies or FA out there in the SHL or SMJHL, your first choice should always be ML, as I will continue to cheer for him and his team no matter where I am, for what he has done to me, I can not pay him back for. Again, thank you for reading this, have a great day.

(Words, 2018) (yes that was done on purpose)

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

[Image: vPD5S87.gif?noredirect]

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

You're my boy blue!

I'm glad you were finally able to make it stick with one of your players.

I look forward to scoring on you next season up in the SHL Smile

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

09-28-2018, 12:29 AMSleepy Wrote: I look forward to scoring on you next season up in the SHL Smile

Good joke

09-27-2018, 11:43 PMml002 Wrote: [Image: vPD5S87.gif?noredirect]

I’m not crying you are

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Lots of Heart in this post! Nice read! Good luck!

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

We should leave together imo

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]