Create Account

Pride line nicknames
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2018, 05:30 PM by King.)

I was listening to the boys on overdrive (Toronto area radio show) on my commute home and they were talking about how the NHL doesn't have any lines with good nicknames like they use to have (eg. Legion of Doom, The A Line, The AMP Line etc...) so thought I'd make a few which could emerge down the road for the San Francisco Pride. (Sorry I couldn't include all our forwards in this)

1. XL Bro's Line

@luketd - @Nickleback_lover69 - @Flowseidon

Name origin: This one is a bit more self explanatory. Xena -> X. Luke -> L. Gives you XL (extra large) and Flowseidon's player is Jeff Brogen, Brogen gives you the Bro. So they're the extra-large bro line. Or the XL Bro line. Also has some fun irony to it since the only girl on the team is on the bro line.

Why the line would work: This line doesn't have as many natural connections socially yet, but this will surely come with time. Xena is new so is still getting to know the team, but Luke recently invited her to come on the Luking cast so that friendship is on its way, and then Flowseidon is as friendly as they come so that connection will take root soon. In terms of playing style, you have the one playmaker with Luke Thomason who likes his player playing an umtempo offensive game. He's the primary puck carrier and the playmaker on the line. Then you have Xena who is a shoot first centre who also put a high value in generating offence, and is predominately focused with scoring goals. These two should fit great together, and then you add in Jeff Brogen who is an all around offencive player who can do a bit of scoring and a bit of playmaking, and should fit in nicely on the opposite winger. Giving the line good balance offensively. This could very likely be one of the teams top 2 lines.

2. The SS Blood Reaper OR The SS Duck Reaper

@CanadianDuck /@JRed94 - @Muerto - @ViN

Name origin: So here I was torn on different names so I ended up putting both I was considering. Any dragon ball Z fan will immeditaley no SS as Super Saiyan, which is a form of Saiyan Goku becomes. Then Vin's player is Vince Reaper. So the Super Saiyan Reaper sounds crazy bad ass. Then I had a choice to make, double down on the reaper sort of imagery, and JRed, Red, Blood, and the SS Blood Reaper is born. Or go with the hilarious imagery of a super saiyan duck reaper, where I imagine a massive rubber ducky with super saiyan hair and a scythe, both were good so I put both.

Why the line would work: I'll start with the two consistent pieces in the line name combination. Which is Goku and Vin. Goku Muerto is molding his player after Connor McDavid. A fast pace, playmaking centre who has the puck on his stick a lot. The offence runs through him and he needs a cannon to feed. This is where Vince Reaper comes in. The British sniper has a cannon of a shot, and is smart offencively to know where to be to get set up by Goku. The third piece changes how the line flows. With Jack Kennedy Goku is now flying up ice with two speedy snipers on either wing which he can dish to, and create an off the rush scoring offence. Or with Steven Moyer you add more size and passing ability to the line, which gives the line a second faceoff man, and someone who can give the line some strong cycling options to generate offence downlow with speed and passing.

3. The Takeout Line

@mcgriddleluver - @King - @Lazyeye

Name origin: We have King who uses the Burger King mascot as part of his logo for his podcast with Luke. We have McGriddleluver's player Eero Makinen, McGriddles to McDonalds is an easy connection. Then we have lazyeye's player Richard Metcalf Jr. Lazyeye, lazy, when you're lazy you get take out. Burger King + McDoanlds + Being lazy = The Takeout Line.

Why the line would work: This very likely could be the Pride's future third line. Leshaun King has made it pretty well known in the lockerroom that he sees himself as the teams third line centre down the road, so as to keep the teams core of centers together and happy for the long term. Richard Metcalf Jr. and Leshaun King have played together a decent amount in Halifax and have a good friendship from there which has continued into San Francisco, and then Leshaun and Eero Makinen have also become great locker room friends bonding over Dragon Ball, fast food and from King trying to force his way into Makinen's wedding. Leshaun is a shoot first centre who is really focused on being strong defencively (currently has 90 DF). Richard is a playmaking winger who also has the same value in defence, being a player the coach can count on. And then there's the more flexible Eero who is currently a playmaking centre but has made it known he's open to be molded into any kind of player the team needs in San Fran. So Eero could fit in very well if he goes down the bath of being a defencively responsible checking and scoring winger.

Also shout out to @Beaty and @Jiggly_333. My creativity could only go so far, tried to come up with something like Beating + Pokemon, or Beating + Koda being tough, but couldn't get something to stick.

968 Words

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

Hmmm yes yes very interesting I tried out one myself:

Eero Makinen, Vince Reaper, and Goku Muerto also known as the @Evok (pls rig for us) Line.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

Clearly Beaty and I would be "Il Maestros", due to him being an Italian sniper and Koda being a painter who's a master at... splatters.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

10-24-2018, 05:39 PMJiggly_333 Wrote: Clearly Beaty and I would be "Il Maestros", due to him being an Italian sniper and Koda being a painter who's a master at... splatters.

I should of written this with you. We just need a third forward who would make it work, or could take one of JRed or Duck from the line with Goku/Vin.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

XL - Bro's go-to move is to just sit on players. @"luketd" @Flowseidon

10-24-2018, 07:14 PMNickleback_lover69 Wrote: XL - Bro's go-to move is to just sit on players. @"luketd" @Flowseidon

You know, if we fudge the numbers a bit and put you on a line with Koda and move Lui Koller up to FWD, it could be the second coming of Les Valkyries.

10-24-2018, 08:02 PMJiggly_333 Wrote:
10-24-2018, 07:14 PMNickleback_lover69 Wrote: XL - Bro's go-to move is to just sit on players. @"luketd" @Flowseidon

You know, if we fudge the numbers a bit and put you on a line with Koda and move Lui Koller up to FWD, it could be the second coming of Les Valkyries.

Who was the 3rd valkyrie?

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

10-24-2018, 08:02 PMGrapehead Wrote: Who was the 3rd valkyrie?

For the original Valkyries, it was Collette Jacobsen.

10-25-2018, 09:15 AMJiggly_333 Wrote:
10-24-2018, 08:02 PMGrapehead Wrote: Who was the 3rd valkyrie?

For the original Valkyries, it was Collette Jacobsen.

oh that's right, and that was nour's gf or something right?

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia