Create Account

Pride S45 Offseason Announcements
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2018, 09:59 PM by Grapehead.)

[Image: FYxp7s8.png]
This offseason we have the following announcements:

1) Hall of Fame Inductees
2) Offseason Acquisitions
3) S45 Rookies
4) S45 Captains

1) Hall of Fame Inductees

While we don’t plan to make this a regular offseason occurrence, this will be the 2nd offseason in a row in which we name new inductees. I’m sure it will come as no surprise to anyone who one of our inductees is, but first I’d like to talk about our 2nd member of the “Management” section of the HOF.

In S34 and S35, while still under the Portland Admirals brand, the team enjoyed the highest level of success by reaching the Challenge Cup Final in back to back seasons. Their success came from a number of contributing factors, but the team was lucky enough to have an extremely talented coach. One of the best in fact, Jakob Tanner. For his contributions in bringing this franchise to their peak performance we felt it was necessary to recognize him as the franchise’s greatest coach. His influence on the team carried on after his departure, and he remains a respected member of the team’s alumni.

[Image: f9ADkzi.png]

Next up we honour the franchise GOAT, Kelly Rivet. It was only a matter of when, and not if, this time would come, and I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to work with Kelly over the past 9 seasons. There’s absolutely no way to replace the kind of leadership and dedication that he brought to the rink every day. The fans have been dreading the day their captain finally hung up his skates, and sadly that time has come, but Rivet’s career deserves a celebratory send off. At the time of retirement he finishes as the team leader in games played (650), goals (189), assists (328), points (517), penalty minutes (476), hits (1,493), and shots on goal (1,787). It will be quite a while before anyone passes one of these totals, and that’s the kind of impact you dream of getting from any draft pick. Kelly Rivet is truly one of a kind, and a legend of this franchise; thank you!

[Image: PdRBjVB.png]

2) Offseason Acquisitions

Jonathan Lundberg - The first big name free agent to come to San Francisco this offseason was a former member of the Portland Admirals, Jonathan Lundberg. The signing is especially significant for the Pride, as it breaks a long free agent drought. San Francisco is hoping to see more of the hard hitting, playmaking style that has made Lundberg a household name around the SHL for about twenty seasons now.

Fedor Shirobokov - Next up, the Pride went out in search of a new partner to play alongside recently acquired Isak Odegard, and they came across an old linemate of Isak’s, Fedor Shirobokov. He was coming off a successful season with the Calgary Dragons, but was open to taking his talents to a new team for S45, and the Pride swooped in as fast as they could. Adding the talents of Shirobokov takes the Pride’s defense to another level for S45, and fans can’t wait to catch a glimpse of Fedor this season.

Leopold Lockhart - Mr. 1st Overall! S44 was a rough one for the Pride, but it culminated in a big win at the draft lottery, which set the stage for Leo to join the Pride. Speculation started swirling the moment the draft lottery results were announced, but according to internal sources Lockhart was at the top of the list from the very beginning. Some have heard the story past around that GM Kirkstone circled back to NEW for a trade at the last draft following Lockhart’s declaration for the SMJHL, to acquire an additional pick in the “Lockhart Lottery”. It will be a couple of seasons before Leo makes the trip from Anchorage to San Francisco, but all signs point to Lockhart as a future perennial Stevens contender.

Dominic Montgomery - Another addition to a stellar defense the Pride have been building is Dominic Montgomery, who they selected 5th overall. Lockhart and Montgomery will surely be playing alongside each other for a long time to come in San Francisco, and that’s great news for this franchise’s chances of winning it all. Dominic plays a smart all around game, with extremely high hockey IQ that will leave fans feeling assured their zone is covered. Dominic brings the complete package GMs are looking for at the draft, and it seems the love is mutual so far.

Andy Kerr - Pride fans are familiar with the Snuffalupagus player agency, who managed the career of the legend, Kelly Rivet. The newest addition to the Snuff family is Vancouver Whalers center, Andy Kerr, and the familiarity with the player agent made the draft selection a no brainer for the Pride management team. Kerr brings a well rounded game that should see him challenge for a spot on the Pride sooner rather than later. For now though, the Whalers welcome back a high end talent to their roster for another season.

Griffith Cadwalader - The Pride hoped to grab a handful of gems late in the 2nd round with back-to-back-to-back picks, and they kicked it off with Griffith Cadwalader, right wing from the Montreal Militia. It will be a few seasons yet before we see Cadwalader in San Francisco, but he looks to be a steal for the Pride so far.

William Goose - So far things don’t look so good for the relationship here, as the team reports not having received response from Goose at this point. It seems that a once promising prospect has given up on his training, and appears destined to drop out of the league. The Pride hope that the spark will return for Goose, and if so they could be in for a big boost.

Ty Hoover - Another great steal, like Cadwalader, Ty Hoover from the famous Hoovuh player agency coming to the Pride with the 27th pick. Hoover became the 5th center prospect in the Pride’s stable at this point, giving him lots of competition to face earning a roster spot, but Ty is up to the challenge. Hoover brings the same two-way style that the Pride seem to covet at the center position, and has proven to be a very important member of the St Louis Scarecrows.

Desmond Carey - Another player who the team has reported no contact with, which means it’s not likely Carey even receives a contract at this point, but the team thought it was worth taking a shot on the player who did show the talent necessary to one day make the SHL.

3) S45 Rookies

This season we will be welcoming a number of rookies to the full-time roster in San Francisco, many from our S43 crop of prospects.

Charlie Schieck - The most anticipated call-up this season might just be Charlie Schieck, who was drafted in S42, and has spent the past 4 seasons in the SMJHL with the Montreal Militia. Charlie is set to debut alongside Jack Tanner, and fans have been drooling over the potential this pair possesses.

Luke Thomason - Luke is coming off a tremendous SMJHL run with the Vancouver Whalers, and will be headed straight for the top line to play with his good friend Leshaun King. With the addition of Jonathan Lundberg on their wing, this line should be a formidable test for the opposition’s top defense, and a treat for the fans to watch.

Richard Metcalf Jr - Metcalf Jr is taking his playmaking skills to the big stage this season, and will likely find himself playing a big role for the Pride in S45. Early projections have him lining up with Goku Muerto, and that could spell big success for both players. Metcalf Jr is dying to make his debut, having spent every day during the offseason in the gym preparing.

Vince Reaper - Speaking of hitting the gym, Vince Rieper has also been going hard preparing for S45, and his SHL debut, leaving no doubt that he will hit the ground running. Rieper has been eagerly awaiting the day he got to lace up his skates for an SHL game, and his time has finally come. It looks like he’ll start off with fellow rookie Jeff Brogen on his other wing.

Jeff Brogen - The Montreal Militia are hit hard by the loss of Brogen, who has been an outstanding player for them over the last few seasons, but the fans in San Francisco are thrilled. There’s no doubt that someone from the Pride will be making the Jesster ballot at the end of S45, and Brogen is just as ready to challenge for that as any of the Pride rookies. Coming off a 36 point season with the Militia, Brogen will be looking to continue his consistent offensive output when he makes the jump to the big league.

4) S45 Captains

With the retirement of Kelly Rivet, the San Francisco Pride were without a captain to lead them in S45. While it would be impossible to expect someone to replace Rivet’s talents, both as a productive player and a true leader, we know that our locker room is full of leaders who can help steer this team toward success. We’ve had a great leadership group over the last few seasons, and we’re pleased to be able to continue that long standing tradition here in San Francisco with our S45 captains.

Alternate Captains

Dakota Reid and Goku Muerto spent last season as alternate captains for the Pride, and their leadership is valued highly in our locker room. On the ice they play with the type of passion, and determination that we Pride ourselves on; pun intended. I know that they will continue to display the leadership qualities that we’ve come to expect of them, and help start this new chapter in the Pride history on the right foot.

Head Captain

Jack Tanner has been with the Pride for 6 seasons now, and has been a leader in many ways for this team, on and off the ice. Jack was my first draft pick in the SHL, back in S37, and one of my last draft picks in the SMJHL, in S36; so, I’ve had the pleasure of working with him his entire career, and what a pleasure that has been. As a GM, the qualities that Jack brings to the team are the type that we GMs dream of, and fans show up to watch the kind of qualities he brings to the ice. The players in the locker room all respect Jack, and they all listen when he speaks up. I’m happy to announce Jack Tanner as the next captain of the San Francisco Pride.

@Snuffalupagus @Tanner @Rich @Confusion @ej27 @bilbo @Ferdy @polan70 @Hoovuh @junoit @luketd @Lazyeye @ViN @Flowseidon @Muerto @Beaver

Word count: 1,800

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

pride pride pride

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

pride

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

Pride or Die
pride pride pride
[Image: tumblr_luq9doRFTJ1qb13amo1_500.gif]

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

maybe if I rage quit in the middle of the night and retire my player I'll get some swanky banner from Buffalo just like Tanner

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

The aesthetic of this post is lovely. Great job!

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

Great article Grape! Ima have to fill Mr. Tanner in if you haven't already!

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

12-28-2018, 08:44 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: maybe if I rage quit in the middle of the night and retire my player I'll get some swanky banner from Buffalo just like Tanner

you should do it and see what happens

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Montreal calling, can you send Charlie and Jeff back for a season? You can have them back, I promise

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

@Beaver poor choice. he's a dud.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

pride

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Get hype pride

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Hype!! :pride:

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]