Create Account

Thomas Bathory Ready For His Next Journey
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2019, 02:35 PM by vbottas17.)

[Image: 1929420_1200_675.jpg?preset=768x432]

With the S46 SMJHL Draft just hours away, Thomas Bathory is one of the prospects that has been the most talked about players leading up to the draft. The Hungarian defenseman has been known to SMJHL scouts for some time and there are certainly indications that he will be a high pick in the S47 SMJHL Draft. Bathory has steadily been trying to improve his defensive game since coming to North America and it seems that he is beginning to make strides.

While it was definitely good for his development to get a taste of the SMJHL last season, Bathory struggled to be effective at the SMJHL level. Joining a Halifax Raiders team that was just starting to show what they were capable of, Thomas struggled to adapt to the pace of the SMJHL and found himself riding the bench. His play in his own zone was not strong enough to warrant consistent ice time. Doubts began to swirl whether or not he was capable of playing at the level required in North America.

A strong showing in the prospect showcase was something that Bathory needed to prove that he could be an impact player amongst his peers. Thomas scored 4 goals and added 20 assists, in 20 games at the tournament. Despite his strong play during the regular season the Stingrays did not play up to expectations when it counted and were swept by the Vipers. Still Thomas led all defenseman in scoring and proved that he was in fact somebody that could be a legitimate prospect at the SHL level. Bathory played in all situations and excelled in a number of areas that will surely catch the attention of SMJHL scouts. Thomas did have the benefit of previously playing at a higher level of competition than most of his peers, yet the fact he was able to produce at a high level proved that his development was on schedule.

Thomas Bathory is not the only name that's been revolving around scouting circles for a while now. There are a number of other prospects who will be selected tomorrow night that have been on the radar of teams for quite some time. The most prominant is Esa Parmberg. Parmberg is viewed as a generational talent who could change the face of whatever team is lucky enough to draft him. Parmberg is not the only prospect who has been under the microscope though, Alekshi SixNine, Filip Zadina, Seemu Telanne, Martjn Westbrook, Khan Smeb, Vadim Malichov, Gunnar Petrov, Jules L'Eclair, Austin Roenick, and Boruvka Banananak' are just some of the names that SMJHL scouts have been following for quite some time. It would not be the least bit surprising to see these names jumping off of the board quickly in the draft.

Thomas is unsure of what is in store for him and very excited for tomorrows draft. Prospects such as Espen Knutsson Jr., the son of the legendary Norwegian NHL player / cable tv. icon, Wibbly McButternutz, Taylor Lights, Corey Kennedy, and Tony Ford have been making quite a name for themselves. Where Bathory ends up is still not 100% in stone. The season 47 SMJHL Draft should prove to be an important draft for the future of SMJHL teams. All 10 franchises will certainly have a lot of options to choose from. Where Thomas fits into the equation will be an interesting story to follow.

X2
Panthers

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2019, 02:58 AM by Randominoe.)

I stand by Mob Bckenzie's analysis of your play style and projection at the SMJHL level. I could see you going top 3 tomorrow my brother!

Very well written and excited to play against you in the upcoming season.
- Espen

02-19-2019, 02:57 AMRandominoe Wrote: I stand by Mob Bckenzie's analysis of your play style and projection at the SMJHL level. I could see you going top 3 tomorrow my brother!

Very well written and excited to play against you in the upcoming season.
- Espen

Appreciate it! I have no doubt that you will be one of the very best prospects from this draft class. Wink

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

This is beautiful. You're beautiful.

[Image: wcD1EnF.png]