Create Account

Revisiting... the Los Angeles Panthers

BITCHES, SHITPOSTER BLOOS HAS BEEN AWOKEN

BlurinatingTree presents “Revisiting the Los Angeles Panthers”

Boy, it’s been a long time since we’ve seen two quick moves in succession come this, well, quick. The Panthers were a team many had making the playoffs. Players like Jon Toner, Yuri Boyka Jr., Joshua Woodcroft, players who are stars in their own right, played backseat to two of the most talented players in the league: Sophia Bennett and Matthew Auston. Evgueni Marmaledov tended net. Sure, Bennett and Auston are aging, but are by far the Panthers’ best players. Or, were. Because the management has sent THE GLORIOUS TANKS TO THE CITY OF LOS ANGELES. This is a double gut punch to the Panther fan base. First management fucked up with the Bathory situation, and now their two main stars are gone.

Let’s look at the Auston trade first, since that was the most recent one.
Rage trade Sulak O'Hritea%
S49/S50 Rage 2nd round pick*
% $1M Retained Salary
*The one not selected to go to NEW per the Sami Owens deal*

Panthers trade Matthew Auston

One can argue that Los Angeles won this trade, by gaining a top prospect in O’Hritea who slots right in their lineup and a pick, but the Rage receive a top player to help with a possible cup run. Auston has 16 points this season and has been a good, if old, player. However, O’Hritea has been absolutely below average. 4 points. FOR A FORWARD! Sure, he may have been low on the Rage’s depth chart, but this is a highly talented young forward. What is he, the next Nail Yakupov (didn’t go first, but still)? The pick could be a good one, but this goes in Manhattan’s favor.

Now, the big one.

Platoon trade Tony Ford, Shaquille Desrisaka, and a S50 1st round pick
Panthers trade Sophia Bennett and a S49 second round pick

The Panthers might’ve made off better on this one. They net a future first, another young guy in Desrisaka who’s been solid for West Kendall (9 points), and the Platoon’s top prospect in Tony Ford. Ford will be a stud. We all know that. But Desrisaka? I’m not sure. He’s looked decent, but I honestly don’t know much about him. Now, the Platoon seem to be going for one last run with the team they have. Bennett adds scoring punch to this team. She’s scored 18 points. Sure, this could be considered a down year, but she’s a consistent scorer who adds a lot to the Platoon. The second round pick could be useful as well. This trade looks even.

Los Angeles traded away their two top scorers. This leaves Toner as their best scorer with 15 points. And this has been a disappointing season for the Panthers. To be out of a playoff spot behind SAN FRANCISCO (their rebuild has finally come full circle) is atrocious for a team that’s pretty much been a more under the radar Calgary Dragons for the last 20-odd seasons. And don’t get me started on the Bathory situation. Your former top prospect is gone and can’t sign back for three seasons. Many had him cracking the roster next season. Now he’ll play for New England. Sure, he’s said he’ll come back to LA, but at what cost? He’s already on a $4 million contract. To be honest, I wasn’t expecting this. With the team the Panthers had, I thought they’d be a playoff contender. I guess not. Is management blowing it up too early? I don’t know. We just have to wait to find out. I leave you with this: THE TANKS HAVE RETURNED!

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

That was quick

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

05-03-2019, 08:52 AMcpetrella Wrote: That was quick

very quick

Damn straight I'll be a stud

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

It’s cute you care so much about us to write an article about our trades

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

05-03-2019, 09:01 AMWasty Wrote: It’s cute you care so much about us to write an article about our trades

is joke
do you not understand humor or are you going to revert back to calling me an irrational teenager again
oh wait ofc you are

05-03-2019, 09:07 AMbluesfan55 Wrote:
05-03-2019, 09:01 AMWasty Wrote: It’s cute you care so much about us to write an article about our trades

is joke
do you not understand humor or are you going to revert back to calling me an irrational teenager again
oh wait ofc you are
is joke
Do you not understand humor either?

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

05-03-2019, 09:26 AMWasty Wrote:
05-03-2019, 09:07 AMbluesfan55 Wrote: is joke
oh wait ofc you are
is joke
Do you not understand humor either?
as an irrational teenager it is my job not to understand humor tyvm

Retool > Rebuild

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]