Create Account

Ignant-Ass Review of S42 SHL Draft Class

Welcome everyone to my review of the SHL Draft Class from S42. Quickly being regarded as one of the largest bust classes in recent memory, there's still some to salvage from the junkyard known as the following players being mentioned. Whether it's somewhat-valuable bronze, of the occasional microwave oven that works but doesn't rotate, some of these players are still effective I guess. Oh and I'm only doing the first round, because I've been drinking and don't feel like doing too much effort. So yea here we go:

1st Overall - Rafe Ulrich
@Raven

What a surprise, the season Eggy recreates the Wolfpack get the 1st overall selection and then they get it AGAIN once Raven recreates... HMMMMMM. Anyway, Raven is a good friend of mine and I have plenty of respect for him, but for being a #1 pick he's really gone inactive when it comes to updating. He's still very effective for the lame ass Wolfpack, posting a PPG season so far.

2nd Overall - Herb Roberts
@gerarob

LMAO who? In classic Samee fashion, Seattle missed several grand players on the board and rolled with gerarob at the 2nd overall selection which has paid dividends for them in.... zero ways. Now playing for the Wolfpack at 1,100 TPE, gerarob didn't even suit up for the Riot and now puts up decent numbers just behind Ulrich.

3rd Overall - Harvey Danger
@"Harvey Danger"

Texas takes their first winner of the draft at 3rd in the form of a first-gen player. Maybe taken a little early, Danger has evolved into a solid defender playing in the shadows of O'Callaghan and Dude. Likely a 1st pairing player later down the line, still a good role player for now.

4th Overall - Jordon Von Matt
@JVMjrDOT

My alma mater goes for the homerun at 4th and.... gets a base hit? JVM has continued to be active, which is better than the majority of this draft, but still falls short of the 1k TPE mark despite being the 4th player taken in S42. He has 12 points in 24 games so far this season playing on the 2nd pairing for Toronto.

5th Overall - Maui
@UncleLeosKomrade

Fucking OOF. With the Rage searching for their franchise-defender, they took Maui at 5th with those hopes. Much like skeet plates, they were destroyed immediately. Although still active, he now plays with Tampa Bay and contributes more penalty minutes than anything else he has to offer.

6th Overall - Eriks Skalsbergs
@Ashes

At 6th Overall we have the former MVP of the SMJHL, and that will be the only thing he's ever known as. Skalsbergs went inactive back in November and hasn't been seen since. He's "playing" for the Steelhawks and piled up 3 points this season so far sitting in the press box. Another OOF.

7th Overall - Sachimo Zoidberg JR
@Jala

Despite being a longtime member, Jala stuck to true form and went inactive with another player. Now batting 0-2 this draft, the Rage went for another defender hoping to build an elite 1-2 punch with Maui/Zoidberg and ended up with an elite SMJHL pairing.

8th Overall - Tokek Takshak
@GeckoeyGecko
Do the Rage go for the ultimate collapse and go 0-3 in the first fucking round? Nah, not this time. They surprisingly don't fuck up the 8th overall pick and take Geck, a hyper active member in multiple sim leagues. Although his TPE count is low as fuck, he's taken over the reins as GM (thank god) and will continue to right them.

9th Overall - Geoff Moore
@Leppish

Although falling to 9th and having a bad stigma, Moore has grown into an OK depth player for the time being under Chiefs management. Putting up just 13 points so far this season, he plays on the 2nd unit for Minnesota and looks to improve as time goes on... as long as there is time even left.

10th Overall - Noah Konn
TPE leader, hits leader, nearly PPG, 1st line... you already know.

11th Overall - Geezus Kryyst
@Narconis

Not a bad selection by the Steelhawks looking to build a future between the pipes. Kryyst has been putting up terrible numbers for the Steelhawks despite being consistently active and near the top of the TPE charts. Not much you can do when trying to backstop a shit team, eh?

12th Overall - Troy McClure III
@Troy_McClure03

Another solid late-first pick, look at all the talent that fell! McClure has been slowly but steadily growing into some great astability on the blueline for the Jets. I believe their only issue now is to wonder what the fuck they're going to do when Visser stops producing.

13th Overall - David Kastrba
@hewasajazzman

THE RAGE STRIKE AGAIN. At least now they grab someone active besides Geck. Kastrba has done pretty well for the Rage, despite being well behind on the TPE scale. He holds a site job and is active everyday... so there's a bright spot.

14th Overall - Scottey Crawling
@Kmarko

Initially drafted by Seattle, Kmarko has found his way to none other than Manhattan where he has done extremely well. Like most of the others, he's behind the TPE curve, but as a goaltender it doesn't hold nearly as much weight.

Code:
Words: 800 or so

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Gerarob is Ricebowl

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2019, 07:01 PM by Leppish.)

Rude.

Also curious about what stigma i have :thonk:

[Image: lebbish.gif]

The Jets have had a lot of luck recently with defenseman picked in the late first! Jets

Nice article nj, this class doesn't get a lot of media fanfare so it's nice to get one like this

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

@hockeyfan
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2019, 05:01 PM by Boomcheck.)

smh forgot me the real goat of this draft

the real hits leader. got more points 2.

smh

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Petitioning to have all NJBadApple posts have the cool jazz pod music in the background.

#BRINGBACKFALKTALK!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Got two good ol boys out of this one Renegades

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Fuck you too tbh

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2019, 12:54 AM by Daco.)

@Leppish best pick of the draft fight me if you disagree I'll use voodoo magic on you. Op clearly doesn't know shit as Lep is a top locker room guy to have. Stigma of being awesome maybe. At least he's not Boomcheck! That would be a real shame of a pick haha

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2019, 07:11 PM by sarmo.)

05-03-2019, 11:00 PMNJBadApple Wrote: 9th Overall - Geoff Moore
@Leppish

Although falling to 9th and having a bad stigma, Moore has grown into an OK depth player for the time being under Chiefs management.  Putting up just 13 points so far this season, he plays on the 2nd unit for Minnesota and looks to improve as time goes on... as long as there is time even left.

Lmfao ignant reviews fits perfect here. No hate here... One of the best attitudes I've seen a member have and one of my favs. Top pairing since he was drafted here, led league in +/- as a dman last season, led us to 3 consecutive conference finals and wearing the A for a reason. You were drafted 9th just like me too. Never says anything bad about his teammates and sticks up for his guys. Loyalty is the key word here, something I rarely see in this league. U always speaks the truth whether its your teammate or not and doesn't bring any drama into the LR. Love ya @Leppish I can keep going on and on because words don't describe your realness. You kept it 100% with me since day one, no sneaky snide remarks or anything even when I can be an asshole. <3

Doubt is a dream killer