Create Account

The Friendly Cup 2, brought to you by The Outlungus Foundation
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2019, 01:50 PM by Thunfish. Edit Reason: Updated as of Page 3! )

[Image: loyI0xv.png]

Last season, the first ever Friendly Cup was played in Anaheim, where two makeshift squads under the names of the Samurai and the Guardians took to a cold soccer field to gather funds for the kindhearted souls of the Outlungus Foundation, a creation of a longtime fan of the Anaheim Outlaws of the SJMHL in order to fuse his love for the sport with the mission of helping children that have the misfortune of living alone, having lost their families to whatever might have happened.

Once again, we repeat our request, that kind souls take a bit of time away from their relax and rest during the off-season to help those in need... and what better way to do that than via soccer?

Quote:How will it work?
So, for those that participated last season, they might have a pretty good clue on how this will work, but for those who don't, here goes. The game itself will be simulated via Pro Evolution Soccer 6, this time running on Legendary difficulty so that the match itself is as good as it can really be on a 10+-year-old game. I wish for a total of twenty-two signups, thus forming two teams out of eleven players (although I'm not against making it a bigger event if more people join). Centers would play as Strikers, Wingers would play as Midfielders, Defenders would be... well, Defenders and Goalies would be Goalies with each team's bench being filled with "kids that grew with the help of the Foundation", although those are mostly cosmetic since I don't believe the game will ever make any changes due to everyone having a 99 at Stamina. I intend to have teams be run in a 4-4-2 style, so I'd be aiming for two goalkeepers, eight defenders, eight midfielders and four strikers. Unlike last season, participation is open to pretty much anyone, regardless of whether they are in the SJMHL, in the Draft Pool for the SJMHL, on the SHL or on their way to retirement.

Should we, somehow, get more than 22 signups, the Friendly Cup will instead have more teams, so feel free to join even if the required roles are already filled.
Quote:Skills and Appearence
Each player's skill will be taken from their current build at the SHL and applied in the way described in the list below. Appearances will be taken from the Player Render (if an interested player doesn't have one, he/she/they should present it with their sign-up to this event). I'm also open for a bit of fun, like how last season saw Yoshimitsu McCloud play with a dog head, we might be able to arrange a little something if the game allows it.
Code:
Defenders, Midfielders, Strikers
Attack = Scoring
Defence = Defense
Body Balance = Strength
Stamina = 99
Top speed = Skating
Acceleration = Skating + 10
Response = Puck Handling
Agility = Skating
Dribble accuracy = Puck Handling
Dribble speed = Skating
Short pass accuracy = Passing
Short pass speed = Passing
Long pass accuracy = Scoring
Long pass speed = Scoring
Shot accuracy = Scoring
Shot power = Scoring
Free kick accuracy = Penalty Shot
Swerve = Scoring
Header = Scoring
Jump = Skating
Technique = Skating
Aggression = Fighting
Mentality = 99
Team work ability = 99
Condition/fitness = 99
Weak foot accuracy = Penalty Shot

Goalkeepers
Goal keeping skills = ( (Rebound Control + Size + Style Control + Hand Speed + Reaction Time + Puck Handling) / 6)

Goalies - 2/2
Emiko Spector (@"MantoRune")
Sebastien Primeau (@MrPrime)

Defenders - 5/8
Mathias Seger (@Segi)
Gabriel Johnson (@Gwdjohnson)
Tony Ford (@Fordyford)
Nat Emerson (@Thelastheraclid)
Lyle Odelein III (@Huck24)

Midfielders - 11/8
Yoshimitsu McCloud (@Thunfish)
Theo Morgan (@Otrebor13)
Nathan Explosion (@micool132)
Raquel Castillo Gutierrez (@Jiggly_333)
Dakota Reid ( @Jiggly_333 , retired player)
Jon Forty-One (@C9Van)
Nick Connolly (@shutdown)
Hippo Passamus (@Mayuu, would've been a striker otherwise but requested to play as a midfielder)
Corey Kennedy (@SDCore, would've been a defender otherwise but requested to play as a midfielder)
Nicolaj Muller (@esilverm)
Joseph Lombardi (@bluesfan55)

Forwards - 5/4
Barry Batsbak (@Katth)
Monkey D. Luffy (@TnlAstatine)
Martijn Westbroek (@JNH)
Josh Driver (@jblock3)
Emeka Valentine-Okoli (@ProjectSaint, would've been a midfielder otherwise but requested to play as a striker)

Quote:also, pinging @"MantoRune" , @Gwdjohnson and @frithjofr as per request.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

I'd like to be the short, bald guy again. :D

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

I'm in!

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Yessss

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Sign me up as a striker

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

YEP PLS

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Mememememe!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2019, 01:17 AM by Gwdjohnson.)

Hell yeah get me in the defence!

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2019, 03:40 PM by Jiggly_333.)

Raquel Gutierrez will join as a winger. Her actual SHL render is in a bit of a flux, but her render in this tourney shall be Maria Sanchez.

[Image: sanchez.jpg]

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

And if there's extra room for Koda, she'll take Vanessa DiBernardo

[Image: NWSLDFB073016228.jpg]

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

Yes please as a keeper!