Create Account

Lethbridge Lions Press Conference
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2019, 11:04 PM by JNH.)

Lions Lions Lions

Lethbridge Lions Press Conference

[Image: Kyle-Dubas-Maple-Leafs.jpg]

Hi all,

It's been two days since I was lucky enough to receive the honour of becoming GM of the Lethbridge Lions.  I thought it's time to do a press conference to cover some matters of business and then answer any questions that people have about the Lions organization moving forward.  I think Lethbridge has a real chance to surprise a lot of people this season and I look forward to working with everyone here for the foreseeable future.

Firstly, covering the matter of management.  When I applied to GM, I submitted a plan for the appointment of a co-GM and after deliberation, I've decided to stick with what I set out to do.  The person that I've selected has past experience as a coach, GM and numerous successful players.  He's also a very well respected member of the league and is someone that I know that I can rely on in order to make and help with decisions that will move Lethbridge in the right direction.  So without further ado, the new co-GM is...

[Image: rob_simpson0113.jpg]

@Kylrad !!

Kyl has a lot of experience with running teams and brings a lot of expertise to the Lions.  He had a big part in the Syndicate's success last season and them receiving the honour of coach of the year.   Given the Lions' current roster situation, finding optimal line combinations will absolutely be key.  He also used to be the head GM of the Kelowna Knights and knows the inner workings of SMJHL teams. Kyl is a well respected and great member of the site, which makes me comfortable knowing I can work well with him and rely on him fully.  

@MCP_ will be the other member of our management group, with a key role in both scouting, advising and player development.  I've heard a lot of great things about MCP in the little time that I've been around Lethbridge and look forward to working closely with him over the next few seasons.  

With that being said, I'll now open the floor up to questions and Kyl will be here as well I believe.  Feel free to ask anything about the organization, our philosophy, our ideal direction, Kyl's love life etc.

Lions Lions Lions

----Answers----

06-25-2019, 06:20 PMMassive Coiler Wrote: Now that the new management is completely in place and their rule is final and not to be questioned; when can we expect the GM meeting and swift decision to let Delver Fudgeson off this coach-made leash so he can truly wreak havoc and unleash a new level of hell onto Lethbridge's enemies.

Fudgeson has been a beast so far this season after stepping into some massive shoes and over this season I think we'll see Fudgeson take on a bigger role as we go on. Next year especially, Delver will be a key player for us as guys like DuBolk depart for the SHL. I honestly worry for the safety of the league once he is unleashed.

06-25-2019, 07:02 PMnykonax Wrote: Can I be your co-co gm

I thought you were supposed to be Chicago's co-co-co-co-co-co-GM.

06-25-2019, 08:06 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: y do lethbridge be so unstable dawg?
y do le leones succ the big?

I'm really excited for what the future holds for Lethbridge and one of our goals is to bring stability to the organization. We haven't had the most success in the past but we're looking to put that in the rearview and focus on what's to come.

Thanks for the questions Wink

06-26-2019, 08:48 PMSDCore Wrote: Why you big succc? Not Lethbridge, but just you in particular.

Too much time spent with Corey Kennedy.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

WTF a MCP with pants on?

Ok he do be lookin kinda fresh doe

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Now that the new management is completely in place and their rule is final and not to be questioned; when can we expect the GM meeting and swift decision to let Delver Fudgeson off this coach-made leash so he can truly wreak havoc and unleash a new level of hell onto Lethbridge's enemies.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Can I be your co-co gm

y do lethbridge be so unstable dawg?

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

06-25-2019, 08:06 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: y do lethbridge be so unstable dawg?

y do prid succ the big?

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

hnJ and Kylrad? Is this team moving to Toronto?

When can I expect the Impact rebranding to be announced?

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

06-25-2019, 08:51 PMO4L Wrote: When can I expect the Impact rebranding to be announced?

Tomorrow.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Why you big succc? Not Lethbridge, but just you in particular.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]